• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah I don't really get how it works either. I know they make a character blog and interact through it with asks and long reblog chains.

Argggh earlier today, actually last night, I completely lost all my character notes. I'm so frustrated and feel a little guilty that I'm being slow in my SUs now. I just want to kill Word, from now on I will stick to Notepad.:cer_pissed:

A good tip to back up your roleplay stuff is to use a cloud storage program like Google Drive and Microsoft Skydrive. You can basically access your stuff from...anywhere, and whenever you have a computer in front of you with internet access. It helps a ton!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I store my character and plot ideas, as well as links to resources and lists of stuff, in the notepad you get in your User CP here on PokéCommunity :p More than once the space there hasn't been enough though.

Reactions: SV

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
For those who may be interested: I have been brainstorming as of late and have been bouncing around new RP game ideas. Give me your feedback if either of these interest you or if you'd like to help me expand upon them or co-GM them. If I get a good response, I might try to put it together and start it up.

First up is my rough idea for a Naruto ninja RP (Teen or Mature):
Spoiler:
This one has quite a bit of fleshing out that I'd need to do plot-wise but I think it could turn into a pretty interesting RP.

My second idea is an alternate Pokemon universe in either a quasi-renaissance high fantasy setting or a sci-fi fantasy setting explained in the second spoiler (Mature):
Spoiler:

The sci-fi version of the fantasy Pokemon RP:
Spoiler:
I have a bit of a better idea of what I want to happen throughout the Pokemon RPs but they need much work too. These are rough ideas after all.

If any of these ideas you'd like to see developed further or would like to participate in in any way, I'll take any feedback you have and see what I (maybe we) can come up with.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Pokemon and fantasy!? Together!? Count me in! I would die to have an idea like that happen!

Years
Since I now only have one RP running I have started planning my next which is a journey in an original region. Is there anyone here who would like to help me hash out the final details, co-GM or create an image of the region I have planned out?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Pokemon and fantasy!? Together!? Count me in! I would die to have an idea like that happen!

Did my post just get overlooked or something, again? ._.;

Jebus, people just don't like me, lol.

< Click for le overlooked post, if you'd please~ >

Also, I'm still expanding on many parts. Today I decided to come up with the basic forms of magycks. (<- I've been spelling it like that today for some reason, lol)

• Red Magyck - Offensive magic, such as terramancy, aeromancy, pyromancy, hydromancy and cryomancy.
  • White Magyck - Defensive spells, healing spells and spells relating to the natural world, such as botanomancy.
  • Dark Magyck - Magycks that are typically considered to be "evil". It is outlawed, but so are all forms of magyck. This includes Necromancy, and although such arts are frowned upon by some Casters, they are not forbidden like in other stories.

There is also alchemy, although that is a science and has not been outlawed alongside the rest of the arcane arts.
There is, of course, more to come. There are hundreds of subdivisions of magyck, and I won't go into even a fraction of them, but all of them will be available to use, unless I deem the magyck to be overpowered. There are also hundreds of titles for Casters, which I have to look into in order to make a detailed list, lol.

Edit: Oh, right.
@Xlugon Pyro - I'm not much for the Naruto RP - not that it would be bad or anything - but I am, as is evidenced by my post, all for the Pokemon x Fantasy types of roleplays, lol. I won't be joining any others anytime soon, though. d:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Nakuzami HOW DID I MISS THAT!? Two of those roleplays would be awesome! Go for it!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
For those of you who have been waiting; America's Next Top Superhero has been ACCEPTED!

It's not just a joke anymore. 10 people, 9 rounds, who will be America's Next Top Superhero?

xD

I'm soooooooo going to have to check that out tomorrow. I probably won't join, though, due to lack of a good balance of time and motivation, lol.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
People need to stop making tempting RPs. I only have time for like, one more RP, but I can't decide which one to join ;w; There're just to many good ones...

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
For me it's not the temptation. I just let the urges get to me and go join roleplays like crazy. I...need to control that. lmao

All in all, the newer roleplays so far look amazing!

Years
I sometimes look at a bunch and if I can't choose which ones I like I don't join any... probably not the best method but I don't get crazily bogged down by them then.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
For those who may be interested: I have been brainstorming as of late and have been bouncing around new RP game ideas. Give me your feedback if either of these interest you or if you'd like to help me expand upon them or co-GM them. If I get a good response, I might try to put it together and start it up.

First up is my rough idea for a Naruto ninja RP (Teen or Mature):
Spoiler:
This one has quite a bit of fleshing out that I'd need to do plot-wise but I think it could turn into a pretty interesting RP.

If any of these ideas you'd like to see developed further or would like to participate in in any way, I'll take any feedback you have and see what I (maybe we) can come up with.

I swear to all things holy (and unholy) that if you want to do the Naruto RP (and hopefully get enough people interested) I am so willing to help/join in anyway possible. I really like your ideas here. As for the Chunin Exams, a lot of things can happen there... if you're trying to go for a disruption that is. I'm not sure about the Jinchuuriki though, it's either everyone has one or it's kinda not fair (or a reward to best SU/random person you choose out of a hat). Though, if you're following the Anime/Manga you're going to have to explain how the tailed beasts that were sealed away got cast back into hosts. You might want to go to an alternate reality all together (not Canon) it probably be easier. That way you don't have most of the Kekkei Genkai of Canon to worry about either (like worrying about people having Byakugan/Sharingan/Rinnegan) by saying they don't exist. Or you can have them exist just not optional because they're easy ways to make players OP.

EDIT:

Actually just have the RP not set in Konoha because that's where most of the Sharingan/Byakugan/Rinnegan originate from. Only go to Konoha for the Chuunin Exams. Don't have it set in any of the Canon towns, make up your own! Or have your own Chuunin Exams held in that country if that'll be easier Might be a lot to do though...

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I swear to all things holy (and unholy) that if you want to do the Naruto RP (and hopefully get enough people interested) I am so willing to help/join in anyway possible. I really like your ideas here. As for the Chunin Exams, a lot of things can happen there... if you're trying to go for a disruption that is. I'm not sure about the Jinchuuriki though, it's either everyone has one or it's kinda not fair (or a reward to best SU/random person you choose out of a hat). Though, if you're following the Anime/Manga you're going to have to explain how the tailed beasts that were sealed away got cast back into hosts. You might want to go to an alternate reality all together (not Canon) it probably be easier. That way you don't have most of the Kekkei Genkai of Canon to worry about either (like worrying about people having Byakugan/Sharingan/Rinnegan) by saying they don't exist. Or you can have them exist just not optional because they're easy ways to make players OP.

EDIT:

Actually just have the RP not set in Konoha because that's where most of the Sharingan/Byakugan/Rinnegan originate from. Only go to Konoha for the Chuunin Exams. Don't have it set in any of the Canon towns, make up your own! Have your own Chuunin Exams held in that country. Make me a lot to do though...
It's possible, like you said, that everyone's a jinchuriki, or maybe something happened to the tailed beasts that caused them to manifest themselves in different ways. I could also, like you said, designate who would get the jinchuriki, but assigning it to the best post might be too subjective. People could maybe vote on it after everyone's accepted, but they would have to rewrite their character to account for becoming a jinchuriki. If I have co-GMs, I could propose a jinchuriki council who would decide based on the list of people who've signed up who gets the privilege although that again may be too subjective. This council could also pick people at random or perhaps the power would be best kept to a co-GM to maintain the balance of the RP if we were to include jinchuriki at all.

I'm not too worried about people picking out popular Kekkai Genkais or even making up their own. People will create their own characters according to their tastes and there will be enough possible Kekkai Genkai concepts that the balance of power wont be too much of an issue. Even if a few people chose to be an average ninja or someone from a family using hidden jutsu, their abilities can be overcome by others of similar skill as long as they're mindful of their opponent's abilities. It's the jinchuriki possibility in particular that would create the imbalance of power since tailed beasts allow their hosts to summon power that is inhuman and practically impossible to overcome since their power would just blow away any tactic unless it was against a legendary or kage level ninja.

I was heavily contemplating the possibility of hosting the RP in a different ninja village with the chunin exams taking place in a place other than Konoha. Granted, I'm almost positive that I'll be allowing ninja from other villages to participate since the chunin exams are an international affair and the plot beyond that is likely to embroil other nations in the conflict. If I plan to run with the current manga story-line but in the future, I may base the RP in Konoha only because the Leaf Village has such a prominent presence in the world's lore and it is far more recognizable for fans of the series and thus potentially more accessible.

Years
@Xlugon: If I were you I'd set it in a different nation/continent separate from the events of the main series but put it at roughly the same time period as Shippuden. That eliminates the jinchuriki problem as well as that of the common kekkai genkai. If that seems like two big a task you could always set it after the events of the series or in an alternate reality but the idea of just using an original location makes more sense to me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
It's possible, like you said, that everyone's a jinchuriki, or maybe something happened to the tailed beasts that caused them to manifest themselves in different ways. I could also, like you said, designate who would get the jinchuriki, but assigning it to the best post might be too subjective. People could maybe vote on it after everyone's accepted, but they would have to rewrite their character to account for becoming a jinchuriki. If I have co-GMs, I could propose a jinchuriki council who would decide based on the list of people who've signed up who gets the privilege although that again may be too subjective. This council could also pick people at random or perhaps the power would be best kept to a co-GM to maintain the balance of the RP if we were to include jinchuriki at all.

I'm not too worried about people picking out popular Kekkai Genkais or even making up their own. People will create their own characters according to their tastes and there will be enough possible Kekkai Genkai concepts that the balance of power wont be too much of an issue. Even if a few people chose to be an average ninja or someone from a family using hidden jutsu, their abilities can be overcome by others of similar skill as long as they're mindful of their opponent's abilities. It's the jinchuriki possibility in particular that would create the imbalance of power since tailed beasts allow their hosts to summon power that is inhuman and practically impossible to overcome since their power would just blow away any tactic unless it was against a legendary or kage level ninja.

I was heavily contemplating the possibility of hosting the RP in a different ninja village with the chunin exams taking place in a place other than Konoha. Granted, I'm almost positive that I'll be allowing ninja from other villages to participate since the chunin exams are an international affair and the plot beyond that is likely to embroil other nations in the conflict. If I plan to run with the current manga story-line but in the future, I may base the RP in Konoha only because the Leaf Village has such a prominent presence in the world's lore and it is far more recognizable for fans of the series and thus potentially more accessible.

You probably don't want everyone to be a Jinchuuriki or that's just going to be a contest trying to see who can be the most OP without really being OP. Ha. Yeah, it all comes to being a bit subjective. You could use a computer randomize and put in people's name and have it pick for you. (Provide a screencap for those who a skeptic) Otherwise, co-GMs and yourself council type thing you said. I think that would be the best option for you.

I'm just hoping that not everyone wants to be a Sharingan/Rinnegan user because that would be so annoying. If you do allow the popular Kekkei Genkai I think that you should limit the number of people that's able to sign up for them. I'm okay with Byakugan and Sharingan but I think Rinnegan for any beginning ninja is just asking for them to be heavily OP. Yeah, the Jinchuuriki would cause a bit more problem than Kekkei Genkai. I just don't want someone to have a Kekkei Genkai + Jinchuuriki, that's most certainly unfair. Well, depending on their Kekkei Genkai that is.

Okay, phew. I'm glad you were already thinking that. It's not like you can't add Konoha in there... Just don't start at Konoha. Y'know, just have the original country that they start in not be Konoha and then by some plot device they end up there. (Without any Canon characters being there).

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
You probably don't want everyone to be a Jinchuuriki or that's just going to be a contest trying to see who can be the most OP without really being OP. Ha. Yeah, it all comes to being a bit subjective. You could use a computer randomize and put in people's name and have it pick for you. (Provide a screencap for those who a skeptic) Otherwise, co-GMs and yourself council type thing you said. I think that would be the best option for you.

I'm just hoping that not everyone wants to be a Sharingan/Rinnegan user because that would be so annoying. If you do allow the popular Kekkei Genkai I think that you should limit the number of people that's able to sign up for them. I'm okay with Byakugan and Sharingan but I think Rinnegan for any beginning ninja is just asking for them to be heavily OP. Yeah, the Jinchuuriki would cause a bit more problem than Kekkei Genkai. I just don't want someone to have a Kekkei Genkai + Jinchuuriki, that's most certainly unfair. Well, depending on their Kekkei Genkai that is.

Okay, phew. I'm glad you were already thinking that. It's not like you can't add Konoha in there... Just don't start at Konoha. Y'know, just have the original country that they start in not be Konoha and then by some plot device they end up there. (Without any Canon characters being there).
I was leaning against the idea of everyone being a jinchuriki anyway. :P

Limiting the Kekkei Genkai was something I already had in mind. The nature of the Rinnegan would shoot someone up towards jonin status almost immediately even with minimal ninja experience due to its power being like that of tailed beasts but at will while jinchuriki need training to make their partnership effective, so I would probably ban the Rinnegan from PCs. I was already planning to limit the quantity of a Kekkei Genkai present in the RP to one per KG, so you'd see at most one person with the Sharingan, Byakugan, etc. I am also thinking about "reviving" some of the dead KGs and retcon them a slight bit so that if some players desired, they could play as someone with the Kaguya KG or Haku's KG for example, but they would otherwise be an endangered KG like the Sharingan is in the manga. Jinchuriki will be KGless for sure since it would just be overkill.

I'm not sure exactly HOW I'll start, but the RP would progress very quickly into the chunin exams. I'm thinking I'd like to start the exam in the Land of Lightning or maybe the Land of Water.

One other possibility I came up with regarding the potential power balance issues with KGs and Jinchurikis would be that the sign-up process could involve restrictions required to be written in by players, such as a strengths or weaknesses section that requires players to have their character's skills with their KG or jinchuriki to be low to be on par with other aspiring chunin or to have their skills be mostly oriented around their KG so that other ninjas can balance out the others' KGs with their own natural skills like strength, intelligence, knowledge, etc. I want to be sure there's enough freedom of choice in character design without letting power get out of hand. There will be jonin level characters as background characters that people can sign up as as well so a powerful KG character there will be possible, just not played as often as the genin characters.

I'm also mulling over the possibility of allowing up to 2 or 3 jinchuriki sign-ups total since I enjoyed the dynamic between the two jinchuriki in the anime/manga's chunin exams and it would be interesting to see it in the RP itself.

Years
Will we be required to play with already existing skills etc... or can we be more creative?

Oh, and how will you handle the situation with teams and jonine teachers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back