• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Psychic/poison type seems very interesting yet improbable... Although psychic trumps poison in battle, poisonous and harmful fumes damage the brain. I'm not sure how a poison/psychic type would exist without it hurting itself.

I really like the Poison komodo dragon idea! I think that species long overdue in being introduced, lol. What other Poison types would ya'll want to see in Gen VI? I really want to see a Poison/Fire type. Plenty of Poison types learn Flamethrower already, such as Weezing and Muk, so I don't think it's too farfetched.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Psychic/poison type seems very interesting yet improbable... Although psychic trumps poison in battle, poisonous and harmful fumes damage the brain. I'm not sure how a poison/psychic type would exist without it hurting itself.

Perhaps it could have an ability where it loses HP every turn as a result of this? It'd be irritating for sure, but worth it to see a Poison/Psychic hybrid. Tbh though, I'm not really a big fan of Psychic types so there's a lot that I'd rather see. Poison/Ice and Poison/Electric are the main two that I want to see introduced (with the latter I think they really could've done this with Eelektross), but once again I'm not sure how likely they'd be to come out. It's not out of the question to have some electrically charged beast like Manectric or a creature of Ice like Glaceon and have a little Poison coursing through their body, but I can't imagine even that concept going well design-wise so I'm stumped as to what they could introduce. I'm just really hoping they think of some more interesting Poison hybrids for the new generation and it'll spice up our toxic Pokémon wonderfully <3

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years

But umm...being a poison type wouldnt it be immune to its own and other toxins? Idk, just seing as poison types cant be poisoned.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Name: Puppeteer Mask
Partner: Bumble the Beedrill
Answer To Current Pop Quiz: I believe there were seven poison types intoduced in Generation 4, Roserade, Scorupi, Drapion, Stunky, Skuntank, Croagunk and Toxicroak.
On the Current Topic: There was mutterings in the TVTropes Wild Mass Guessing pages about the X and Y legendaries being based on Norse Mythology, and another on them representing love with the third unannounced one representing hatred. There was also the speculation of it being serpentine... y'know, so it can form a Z. Putting all those together, I pictured a Poison/Dragon type based on Niddhoggr. This big, multi legged worm like dragon with venom coursing all over its body and toxic fumes coming out of its mouth all the time... and you find it deep underground in a mysteriously diseased forest as it gnaws at its very foundation for nourishment... but then I sorta get weird thoughts like that. At the end of the day that's what I really want: a badass Poison type legendary. As it is it's the only type without a Legendary. And no, Toxic Plate Arceus does not count.

As for the Poison/Ice speculation I remember many years back seeing a sprite of a Fakemon evolution for I think Dewgong, with it covered in sludge and basically driven berserk via pollution. That might work.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
But umm...being a poison type wouldnt it be immune to its own and other toxins? Idk, just seing as poison types cant be poisoned.
But then the Poison would be destroyed by the Psychic nature of the Pokémon? I don't know, it's hard to get my head around haha.

Name: Puppeteer Mask
Partner: Bumble the Beedrill
Answer To Current Pop Quiz: I believe there were seven poison types intoduced in Generation 4, Roserade, Scorupi, Drapion, Stunky, Skuntank, Croagunk and Toxicroak.
On the Current Topic: There was mutterings in the TVTropes Wild Mass Guessing pages about the X and Y legendaries being based on Norse Mythology, and another on them representing love with the third unannounced one representing hatred. There was also the speculation of it being serpentine... y'know, so it can form a Z. Putting all those together, I pictured a Poison/Dragon type based on Niddhoggr. This big, multi legged worm like dragon with venom coursing all over its body and toxic fumes coming out of its mouth all the time... and you find it deep underground in a mysteriously diseased forest as it gnaws at its very foundation for nourishment... but then I sorta get weird thoughts like that. At the end of the day that's what I really want: a badass Poison type legendary. As it is it's the only type without a Legendary. And no, Toxic Plate Arceus does not count.
Hi Puppeteer, welcome to the club! Someone actually answered the quiz question, this is a good day indeed :') But unfortunately you missed one! If you want a badass Poison type legendary then I think what you just said fits the description well lmao. Honestly though, as much as I hate to say it, I can't see them making one of the main featured legendaries a Poison type, it just isn't popular enough. I'd personally love to see something as badass as what you were describing, but think about the target audience for Pokémon and whether they'd actually create something like that haha. I think the best we can hope for at the moment is some kind of sub-legendary being Poison type like a new legendary trio or something. Who knows, but we can keep our fingers crossed eh?

As for the Poison/Ice speculation I remember many years back seeing a sprite of a Fakemon evolution for I think Dewgong, with it covered in sludge and basically driven berserk via pollution. That might work.
What a depressing Pokémon that would be lmao. I personally hope this doesn't happen, I don't want to see real-world issues make an appearance in Pokémon. D:

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Haha, I'm quite sure my idea would never happen, but if we're going to dream we may as well dream big, right? And yeah, my speculation was kinda dark, but I think pokemon has been dealing with real world isues since it started. I get where you're coming from on that though.

...was the pokemon I missed Budew? I could have swore Budew was pure Grass, but I nonetheless had doubts.

Also, I imagine a Poison/Psychic type would be safe from itself if only by virtue of just being Poison/Psychic. I mean, Lanturn are perfectly healthy despite their typing, and all of those Grass/Poison types are still around. Even if we were to go at it with types, both Psychic and Poison resist Poison attacks, and Psychic's resistance to itself nullifies Poison's weakness. Poisonous creatures generally have an immunity to their own venom in some form, and psychokinesis is more often based around extreme discipline and focus than it is wild untamable power. It shouldn't be too difficult for the Psychic to make sure his own powers don't tear himself to shreds, and even if the poison was dangerous there must be some sort of trick to make it not dangerous. Maybe autohypnosis... yeah, maybe it is immune because it actively purges the knowledge that its body is dangerous from its mind... mind over matter and all that.

Edit: I couldn't help but notice that Cascoon isn't listed in the list of Poison type pokemon on the front page... not that I think anyone would particularly care, but wasn't it a poison type too?

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
What a depressing Pokémon that would be lmao. I personally hope this doesn't happen, I don't want to see real-world issues make an appearance in Pokémon. D:

Yea...but hey, one of the cool thing about poison types is that even though given their toxic nature, none of them become or even get near the status of extream/out of control bio hazards.

I'm not gunna add too much more only the poison/psychic thing cuz the way you guys talk about it hurts my brain :P

An interesting type combo i'd like to see though would be fire poison.(pay no attention that x4 ground weakness, water weakness, psychic weakness, and rock weakness plz)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
...was the pokemon I missed Budew? I could have swore Budew was pure Grass, but I nonetheless had doubts.
Yup, I'll post a new quiz now. Congrats!

Edit: I couldn't help but notice that Cascoon isn't listed in the list of Poison type pokemon on the front page... not that I think anyone would particularly care, but wasn't it a poison type too?
Cascoon is pure Bug type, it doesn't gain the Poison typing until evolving. :)

An interesting type combo i'd like to see though would be fire poison.(pay no attention that x4 ground weakness, water weakness, psychic weakness, and rock weakness plz)
Omg that would be awesome. It'd be the ultimate destruction machine :D Only problem I can see is that Fire and Poison are both types which when mixed together probably couldn't result in something cute... The only possible exception I'm thinking of is the potential evolution for Fennekin? But I don't think that'll actually become Poison haha. I just can't see two such destructive types mashing well together to create anything other than a monstrosity of a Pokémon. But I guess not everything has to be adorable, eh?

Anyway there's something I've been wanting to bring up for a while... WHAT IS THE CUTEST POISON TYPE POKÉMON? GOGOGOGOGOGO! :D

PS: New quiz is up!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'd say Budew is the cutest Poison-type Pokemon. If I was younger I'd want to substitute a teddy bear for one if these.

As for a pure-Poison type I'd probably say Koffing, maybe because its grin looks charming, but other than that I don't know, because they either look disgusting or that they inflict poison when you touch it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
As for a pure-Poison type I'd probably say Koffing, maybe because its grin looks charming, but other than that I don't know, because they either look disgusting or that they inflict poison when you touch it.
I think they have the ability to control the 'touch = poisoned' feature, much like Ponyta and Rapidash can with their fire. Although I have to disagree, Koffing seems much more like a 'cool cat' sort of Pokémon rather than cute. I'd say the cutest Poison type is Gulpin because LOOK AT HOW DERPY IT IS OMG. <3

Spoiler:
It's so freaking adorable I can't even :')

Also Skorupi's a bit of a cutie! But I'm scared that if I went anywhere near one it'd rip my face off... bad times.

CourageHound

Years
Answering Topic Question: Which is the cutest poison type pokemon?
Grimer!

Nah grimer's cute, but I think the reall cutest poison type there is is either Bulbasaur or gulpin. However I find it cuter when big things act cute more then when little things act cute. Like their evolutions can be cute too depending on the situation. Gulpin's facial expression us what makes it work :3

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Name: Aryan143
Partner Pokemon: Roserade(No Nickname)
Answer the current topic: I would definately say Budew because I really like it. The cute face and the the Grass typing makes it the cutest poison pokemon(in my views).

And for the quiz, I would like to say Poison Fang.

Last edited:
Years
Welcome to the club Aryan, nice partner choice too.

Roserade has always been one of my faves, currently using one on my Black 2 team and I love her.

Might answer the topic while I'm at it:

Which is the cutest Poison-type pokemon?

For me, probably Stunky. I always liked how cute its face looked despite people saying it looked like a butt, I tend to like unusual-looking faces but it screams cute to me. It's also one of my fave cute Poison Pokemon too.

200px-434Stunky.png

I mean, look at that adorable face. Trubbish may also come close, going by its expressions in the anime.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: Aryan143
Partner Pokemon: Roserade(No Nickname)
Answer the current topic: I would definately say Budew because I really like it. The cute face and the the Grass typing makes it the cutest poison pokemon(in my views).

And for the quiz, I would like to say Poison Fang.
Welcome to the club dude! Great to see more Poison type lovers. :D May I ask why you chose Roserade as your partner? What is it about Roserade that you like so much? Would you call it your favourite Poison type Pokémon? It's a very cool Pokémon indeed (and great in battles with its support skills) so I don't blame you at all, I'm just curious. :D Anyhow, hope you have an awesome time here! And I agree, Budew is freaking adorable ♥

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Welcome to the club dude! Great to see more Poison type lovers. :D May I ask why you chose Roserade as your partner? What is it about Roserade that you like so much? Would you call it your favourite Poison type Pokémon? It's a very cool Pokémon indeed (and great in battles with its support skills) so I don't blame you at all, I'm just curious. :D Anyhow, hope you have an awesome time here! And I agree, Budew is freaking adorable ♥

I chose Roserade because when I first played Diamond, I chose Budew as my Grass Pokemon. At the end, it was very strong in battling as well as being the member with the most ribbons in my team. I don't often use Poison pokemon but out of all that I have used, I like Roserade the most. That is the sole reason why I joined this club.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
The cutest Poison type pokemon to me would be Grimer. I think it's absolutely adorable and I think that if it can supress its toxicity like OzzyCake suggests (and I think they do) then it seems like it'd be pretty cuddly, actually.

Fun fact: According to my mother who does not play video games, the cutest poison type pokemon is Gengar. In fact it's her favourite pokemon period.

As for the quiz... I am going to go out on a wild limb and say that the move iiiiiiis.... Poison Gas.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I chose Roserade because when I first played Diamond, I chose Budew as my Grass Pokemon. At the end, it was very strong in battling as well as being the member with the most ribbons in my team. I don't often use Poison pokemon but out of all that I have used, I like Roserade the most. That is the sole reason why I joined this club.
You like Roserade enough to join a whole club based on it? That's impressive not gonna lie. xD

The cutest Poison type pokemon to me would be Grimer. I think it's absolutely adorable and I think that if it can suppress its toxicity like OzzyCake suggests (and I think they do) then it seems like it'd be pretty cuddly, actually.
Ahhh I'm so glad I'm not alone in this thinking! Grimer looks like it could be such a cute partner, you could cuddle it and play all sorts of games with it and if you ever (god forbid!) get bored of it, you can just mould it into a different Pokémon. :D That's why I love it so much, always have done!

Fun fact: According to my mother who does not play video games, the cutest poison type pokemon is Gengar. In fact it's her favourite pokemon period.

As for the quiz... I am going to go out on a wild limb and say that the move iiiiiiis.... Poison Gas.
Gengar is kind of cute! It's cute in a mischievousness way I think. Quiz answer is wrong though, sorry!

So with a topic like this certain questions have to be asked:

garbodor.jpg

Garbodor: Mildly cute or hopeless?

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Crap! Poison Gas was the one move I could think of that I practically never see. Which makes sense, given Toxic renders it moot and has been around for just as long.

As for Garbodor, it's sorta cute in an ugly way... like bulldogs and pugs. I don't like the mickey mouse ears on it though. It is amusing that the GARBAGE pokemon actively works to clean up the earth and cut down on trash, though. It even learns Recycle! Trubbish is cuter though.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
*Tutududu!*

I would love to join this club! Because Squeaky is pretty badass.
And because poison type are very underestimated for me. Like bug type as before...!

Name: Galoria
Partner: Budy the Budew
406budew.gif

Answer To Current Pop Quiz: Something like Poison Fang?

On the Current Topic: For Budew will stay the prettiest and cutiest poison Pokémon ever. Budew is the unique poison baby Pokémon, and its face looks like so innocent. If I had choice, I would love to keep Budew as it is <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back