• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
so I'm trying to calculate my salamances iv and the calculator says that the stats are invalid. so here is my salamances story it started out in emerald then transferred to my diamond then traded to my heart gold at lv 51 then transferred to white where it contracted pkrs. it is not a shiny! it has a lonely nature it is now lv 100 its hp is at 322 attack 356 defence 167 sp.atk 257 sp. def 214 speed 242 like i have never hacked a game before so i am thinking the pkrs is making it impossible to calculate the stats. Can someone please confirm my suspicions?

So Pokerus is definitley not making it impossible to calculate yur IVs. And, it's pretty amazing how yu were able to get Pokerus without ever hacking, it's very rare to catch, so yur very lucky!! Anyways, I don't know much about calculating IV's, but heres a link that might help yu: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

PelipperMail

Banned
Years

Another question: I'm trying to understand the "Pickup" ability. Bulbapedia seems to describe it fairly well, but I don't know that I understand this quote: "It can be retrieved through the normal means of taking a held item." Does that mean I have to have a move like "Snatch" that takes a held item, or do I just simply have to win the battle to get a random item?

When the battle ends, you just take it off of them by selecting them and choosing to take it off as if you had given them the item to begin with. No special moves required.

I'm not sure that was the answer that they were looking for... I think they misinterpreted what the ability actually does.

If you want the items that a Pokemon with Pickup can... pick up, then you must catch a Pokemon with the Pickup ability and keep them in your party. After every battle, there is a chance that the Pokemon with Pickup has picked up an item. You can simply take it off them as you normally would.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Can I import pokemon from d/p and hg/ss? Even legendarys?

Which starters would be best in pokemon white and can you name the pros and cons of each one?

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
Can I import pokemon from d/p and hg/ss? Even legendarys?
You can transfer them, using the Poké Transfer located in the Poké Transfer Lab on Route 15, once you have defeated the Elite 4.

The Poké Transfer is a feature that allows Pokémon from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver to be transferred to Pokémon Black and White, similar to Generation Pal Park.

You will need two Nintendo DS (lite, DSi, XL, 3DS) to do this transfer.

Which starters would be best in pokemon white and can you name the pros and cons of each one?

It doesn't really matter what starter you use, there are plenty of other Pokemon to catch and train while you're on your journey. Here's what I think of them, however:

Snivy is the
GrassIC_Big.png
type starter. He evolves into Serperior.
495.png
arrow.png
496.png
arrow.png
497.png

Snivy has quite balanced stats, and has quite a decent movepool in the metagame (online play). A lot of the moves he learns are grass type and don't cover many other Pokemon. In game, unless you really like the design, I wouldn't choose him as there are plenty of other grass types that can take his place, such as Sewaddle, Petilil, or Cottonee

Tepig
is the
FireIC_Big.png
type starter. He evolves into the
FireIC_Big.png
FightingIC_Big.png
Emboar.
498.png
arrow.png
499.png
arrow.png
500.png

Blessed with a vast movepool, Tepig is very good to use in-game. Make sure you teach him a variety of moves, to make the most out of him. His downfall is that he has quite frail defenses, and a hindering speed stat as well, so other Pokemon can take him down quite easily. On top of this, his extra typing gives him extra weaknesses - of flying and psychic - although it cancels out one weakness - rock.

Oshawott
is the
WaterIC_Big.png
type starter. He evolves into Samurott.
501.png
arrow.png
502.png
arrow.png
503.png

Oshawott and his evolutions, like Tepig's, are blessed with a good movepool. In my opinion, Samurott has the most balanced stats of all of the starter's final evolutions, and is probably the most useful in-game. The downfall of Oshawott is that although good, his special defense and speed are quite low. Luckily his HP stat is quite big, to make up for this.

No matter what you choose, make sure you catch at least a few other Pokemon of different types to help you along your way!

Good luck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Cheers for that information ;)

When can I use the global WiFi thing?

Last edited:

PelipperMail

Banned
Years

Once you have defeated the first Gym leader, and done the short mission after that, you will receive the C-Gear. With this, you will be able to use "the global WiFi thing" :cheeky:

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Can I get into the desert on route 4 before beating Burgh, I cant remeber and dont want to play thorugh just to see if I can?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Can I get into the desert on route 4 before beating Burgh, I cant remeber and dont want to play thorugh just to see if I can?

You can still access Route 4 before you beat Burgh, but you won't be able to proceed until you beat him because a worker is blocking the way.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2012
so I'm trying to calculate my salamances iv and the calculator says that the stats are invalid. so here is my salamances story it started out in emerald then transferred to my diamond then traded to my heart gold at lv 51 then transferred to white where it contracted pkrs. it is not a shiny! it has a lonely nature it is now lv 100 its hp is at 322 attack 356 defence 167 sp.atk 257 sp. def 214 speed 242 like i have never hacked a game before so i am thinking the pkrs is making it impossible to calculate the stats. Can someone please confirm my suspicions?
I've had this problem myself, It will say it's an invalid stat because the stats you put in also include stats added from EV's

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
so I can get into route 4 but not to desert resort?
Why not go to Route 4 and find out? ;)

Yeah, you can get into Route 4 but as PlatinumDude stated, a worker will be blocking your way to get to the Desert Resort.

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
so I can get into route 4 but not to desert resort?

You can definitely go to Route 4, I know that. I'm also fairly certain that you can go to the Desert Resort, but I'm not entirely sure. I remember I caught a Darumaka so I could beat Burgh, and I think I cought him in the Desert Resort because they were higher levels. However, I'm not entirely sure, but I'd bet some PokéDollars on it (that you can access the desert resort).

You cannot proceed past Route 4, though.

Last edited:

The_Evil_Weavile

used Ennui
Years
I have a (legit tested and confirmed) Jirachi. When I'm using a passpower or have my c-gear on, I can't heal it during battle and its said that it's fainted once even though it had one hit point left. Jirachi's battle sprite was gone, but I couldn't switch Pokemon or attack. This has happened twice now and I had to soft reset. I don't use any cheating devices or hacked Pokemon. Ever. What is going on?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Does anything happen if i catch both tornadus and thundurus

Well, you can't get both in one game. You would be able to catch one depending on your game, and then get the other in a trade.

But if you have both, yes! You can go to the Abundant Shrine and Landorus will appear. You'll then be able to catch him as well. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011

Well, you can't get both in one game. You would be able to catch one depending on your game, and then get the other in a trade.

But if you have both, yes! You can go to the Abundant Shrine and Landorus will appear. You'll then be able to catch him as well. :)

Thanks, when can I get these two pokemon and what are thesr pokemons rate catch? :)

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
hey guys can bronzors DW ability be bred even though it is genderless?

You can only obtain DW Bronzong from the actual DreamWorld, there is no way to breed it.

Thanks, when can I get these two pokemon and what are thesr pokemons rate catch? :)

Thundurus and Tornadus are roaming Pokémon. Thundurus is exclusive to Pokémon White, and Tornadus is only found in Pokémon Black. Roaming Pokémon are a type of legendary Pokémon that, instead of remaining in one place, run around the region they appear in, changing routes every time you do.
This is similar to Mesprit in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum; and Lati@s in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

They can be obtained at level 40. After obtaining the Legend Badge, which is the 8th Gym Badge, talk to the woman behind the desk at the gate at route 10. Then travel to Route 7, where another women will tell you about a storm, and after that, you will be able to catch yours. You will need to trade for the other one.

Their catch rates are 3, which is the most difficult to catch. According to Bulbapedia, this is 0.4%. Since Tornadus and Thundurus attempt to flee each battle, I recommend that you carry around a Pokémon that knows Mean Look so that it will be easier for you.

After you get the National Pokedex, and once you have both Tornadus and Thundurus in your party (with one of them being caught in your game), head to the Abundant Shrine on Route 14. Click on the shrine, and as long as you have Tornadus and Thundurus in your party, Landorus will fly down and engage you.

Landorus is level 70 when you encounter it and has a low catch rate, so come prepared with high level pokemon and a lot of pokeballs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back