• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Uh, does anyone have a good resource for ROM Bases? I found a few on PHO, but most of them dont work for me- for example, the DPP Tiles base just screws up EVERYTHING. And i don't just mean a few map errors, i mean the majority of tiles are black, with a few glitched ones. And the ROM doesn't open in an emulator, when the DPP base is used. (And before you say, yes, my ROM was clean). So, could someone please give me an alternate resource? Google hasn't helped at all.
Apologies for the lengthy post.

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
Years
1. There is a way, I used to know it. I'll dig up some research and PM you if I remember.

2. Yes, there a few in the tutorials section, go check it out. :D

3. As far as I know, no there isn't. You'll just have to replace existing ones for the time being. In the future, who knows.

Thanks!! i'll wait for your PM :)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Uh, does anyone have a good resource for ROM Bases? I found a few on PHO, but most of them dont work for me- for example, the DPP Tiles base just screws up EVERYTHING. And i don't just mean a few map errors, i mean the majority of tiles are black, with a few glitched ones. And the ROM doesn't open in an emulator, when the DPP base is used. (And before you say, yes, my ROM was clean). So, could someone please give me an alternate resource? Google hasn't helped at all.
Apologies for the lengthy post.

Read through the whole of, PokéCommunity's ROM Hacking Resources Thread.

pressedlee

Dark-Souled Hacker
Years
I did a search of this, and I could not find the answer to my question. I do hope I am not repeating something by accident.

When using Advance Map's Free-Space Finder, how do I know how many bytes to save for my script?

DiSCIclaimer

Is Taking Over The Earth
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2009
Ahmmm ... .does any one know how to find the palletes of stuff?.... things.... like lets say the background of the first scene of pokemon ruby? Or the background of the battle scenes.... and soo on?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I did a search of this, and I could not find the answer to my question. I do hope I am not repeating something by accident.

When using Advance Map's Free-Space Finder, how do I know how many bytes to save for my script?

Using Advance Map's Free-Space Finder? I don't believe I've heard of such a thing.. I'm pretty sure you're thinking of HackMew's FSF? In any case, you can find how many bytes each command takes in a script by using XSE's built-in command help; pressing F1 will get you there.

Ahmmm ... .does any one know how to find the palletes of stuff?.... things.... like lets say the background of the first scene of pokemon ruby? Or the background of the battle scenes.... and soo on?

Open up VBA's palette viewer while the screen is where you want it (i.e. if you want to know the palettes of the title screen's background, open the palette viewer while you are on the title screen). Now, here's where a little guesswork comes in; try and identify which palette you want. For example, on the FireRed title screen, say I want to find the palette offset of the Charizard. If you notice, it has tons of red shades, which makes finding the palette in the viewer quite simple (it's the third one from the bottom).

Clicking on each color, you should see that there are several values at the bottom: Address, R, G, B, and Value. To search for (and edit) this palette with APE, the only thing we should care about is Value. Now, open your ROM in APE. The next step is to search for the values; they should be numbers like 0x76C3. Flip the bytes: meaning, break it in half (76 C3) and then flip the two pairs of numbers (C3 76) and then put them back together (C376). This is the first color that you should search for; if you did it right, APE should show you the first color of your palette. Continue doing this a couple of times (I usually do the first four or five colors.) After that, press Search to find your palette. The rest is just using APE to edit the palette. :D

If you have any further questions don't be afraid to ask me.

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
yape

im having these two errors using yape 0.9:
they both say the application faild to initilize properly, and i have 2 errors, one on each computer respectivly:
0xc000007b
and
0xc0000135
if anyone has yape working on xp, can they upload it to let me see if its my application, or my computer, or please tell me how to fix these errors...

Thank you,
3dd13

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

It's Hackmew's, as stated before.

But counting is LAME, so just search up some big amount like 1000 bytes or something.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Adding on to what Alice. said, that renames all of Pallet Town's Maps. Use the dropdow menu that says Pallet Town under Headers, change it to a route or name you don't want, then rename it.

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
someone knows how can i change the battle background in pokemon fire red?

Last edited:

DiSCIclaimer

Is Taking Over The Earth
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2009
Thank you soo much Vrai it worked!!... hmmm now i goota find some palltes i can change....

pressedlee

Dark-Souled Hacker
Years
The value labeled "Person ID" in Advance Map causes a person to disappear after the chosen flag is set, correct?

If this is correct, then is there a value that works in the opposite manner in the form of it causing a person to appear (rather than disappear) after a flag has been set?

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
Adding on to what Alice. said, that renames all of Pallet Town's Maps. Use the dropdow menu that says Pallet Town under Headers, change it to a route or name you don't want, then rename it.
I TRY TO DO ALL THE THINGS THAT YOU SAID, BUT, THE NAME CHANGE TO ALL "PALLET TOWN'S", NOT ONLY TO THE MAP THAT I INSERT

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
The value labeled "Person ID" in Advance Map causes a person to disappear after the chosen flag is set, correct?

If this is correct, then is there a value that works in the opposite manner in the form of it causing a person to appear (rather than disappear) after a flag has been set?

Yes that's the the Person ID textbox is used for flags, making sprites, objects and things like that appear (or disappear) by the flags set.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I TRY TO DO ALL THE THINGS THAT YOU SAID, BUT, THE NAME CHANGE TO ALL "PALLET TOWN'S", NOT ONLY TO THE MAP THAT I INSERT

Try changing Pallet town's name before inserting the new map. Then change the new maps name, and then change what is meant to be Pallet, back to Pallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back