• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
It was a little longer that I played my Red run and today, I wanted to continue, but I lost my save file. So I decided to do new run:

Forum Username: Janp
Game Version: Fire Red
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions:
It would be nice to have someone who can learn Surf and Cut as they are most needed during the story

You get Cloyster, Hitmonlee, Kabutops, Skarmory, Poliwrath and Electrode.

Anyway, I'm gonna sign up myself because screw it.

Forum Username: striderviper
Game Version: Emerald
Restrictions: It'd be nice if I didn't get more than 2 pokémon of the same type, I'm already doing a monotype. Aside from that, anything goes.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
You get: Ninetales, Seaking, Tropius, Machamp, Quagsire and Ledian.

Okay, cool. I've never used most of these so this is gonna be interesting. I'll start up sometime next week, probably.

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
So I finished my Random run!

Pokemon%20Ruby_01_zpsexzfd77j.png

The Team:

89.png

Germz the Muk, lvl. 55 @ -
Sludge Bomb - Thunderbolt - Secret Power - Acid Armor
I had no idea Grimer and Muk were so powerful! I gained so much more appreciation for these piles of goo.

291.png

Speedy the Ninjask, lvl. 55 @ -
Baton Pass - Swords Dance - Cut - Aerial Ace
This guy was a pain to train up, and he hardly did anything, ever. After he learned Baton Pass he became quite useful because of SD and Speed Boost

358.png

Bluebell the Chimecho, lvl. 55 @ -
Psychic - Shock Wave - Facade - Flash
Nothing to say here. This little guy never did anything more than was sacked off if I was in trouble.

286.png

Ali the Breloom, lvl. 56 @ Silk Scarf
Sky Uppercut - Rock Smash - Mega Drain - Headbutt
Definitely the MVP of this team. I love Breloom and it's great to have such a powerhouse so early in the game!

55.png

Psai the Golduck, lvl. 56 @ Mystic Water
Ice Beam - Surf - Strength - Calm Mind
Golduck is an OK pokemon, but it's too bad to only catch him in the Safari Zone, at least on R/S/E. I enjoyed destroying dragons and such. So powerful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Sign - Up:

Forum Username: Hippowtom
Game Version: Yet Nother Firered Hack ( It contains Pokemon from all the way to Gen 5)
Number of Pokemon: 5
Restrictions: Please don't give me the same pokemon I used on my last run!

Years
You get Omastar, Spiritomb, Octillery, Politoed, Hitmonlee and Empoleon - Please let me know if either of them is unavailable and I will do a reroll.

CuriousGlaceon

Never be afraid to express yourself!
Years
Forum Username: CuriousVaultDweller
Game Version: Pokemon Y
Number of Pokemon: 6 (Hoping that atleast some of these 6 can use a variety of the HMs)
NFEs: No
Restrictions: None
Previous Progress: No

I'm willing to do trades if I can't find the pokemon in the game normally. Does it also count I trade some in from my Bank?

Last edited:

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
You get Omastar, Spiritomb, Octillery, Politoed, Hitmonlee and Empoleon - Please let me know if either of them is unavailable and I will do a reroll.

It seems the only Poké I can get out of these 6 ( I only asked for five, lol) is Piplup. I taught I could at least get an Omastar but the hacker made it so that Lord Helix in this game is an Aerodactyl.

So I need a re-roll on 4 Pokés, Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------

And as for CuriousVaultDweller, you get: Jolteon, Golurk, Umbreon, Raticate, Floatzel and Leafeon

CuriousGlaceon

Years
And as for CuriousVaultDweller, you get: Jolteon, Golurk, Umbreon, Raticate, Floatzel and Leafeon

Wow, wasn't expecting that many eeveelutions. Though I already have all three eeveelutions available, my Umbreon and Jolteon are too over-levelled, thankfully I have some eevees up to breed some eggs so i'll be fixing that error. Raticate and Floatzel are two of the pokemon I can't get normally in-game and don't have on hand, so i'll have to trade for them.

Years
It seems the only Poké I can get out of these 6 ( I only asked for five, lol) is Piplup. I taught I could at least get an Omastar but the hacker made it so that Lord Helix in this game is an Aerodactyl.

So I need a re-roll on 4 Pokés, Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok sorry - Haven't played this hack in a long time so I don't remember most of the pokes D:

You get Beautifly, Farfetch'd, Kingdra and Venomoth :D Let me know if you need a re-roll again XD

CuriousGlaceon

Years
Okay, nevermind what I said about Rattata and Buizel, I can't find anyone to trade for them, can I please get a re-roll on those two?

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
Okay, nevermind what I said about Rattata and Buizel, I can't find anyone to trade for them, can I please get a re-roll on those two?

You get Goodra and Snorlax

Ok sorry - Haven't played this hack in a long time so I don't remember most of the pokes D:

You get Beautifly, Farfetch'd, Kingdra and Venomoth :D Let me know if you need a re-roll again XD

Yeah well it's first time for me too so this'll be exciting XD
And we have some luck here! Currently my team looks like: Empoleon, Venomoth and Fartfetch'D

I need 2 more re-roll's XD Thanks!

Years
Update... I kind of lost motivation for this for a while, but I'm getting back into it. Went all the way up to after the Fortree Gym this time.

Spoiler:

Team as it stands now:

marshtomp.gif

Sumia
Lv.43 | Adamant | Torrent
Surf
Muddy Water
Rock Smash
Mud Bomb

torkoal.gif

Kellam
Lv.44 | Docile | White Smoke
Body Slam
Iron Defense
Lava Plume
Flamethrower

sandslash.gif

Sully
Lv.41 | Jolly | Sand Veil
Metal Claw
Cut
Crush Claw
Dig

cradily.gif

Mila Tree
Lv.41 | Quirky | Suction Cups
Acid
Giga Drain
Sandstorm
Ancient Power

skarmory.gif

Say'ri
Lv.39 | Docile | Keen Eye
Brave Bird
Slash
Spikes
Steel Wing

Years
I signed up for a second Fire Red challenge a while back and completely forgot about it so can I drop that one and resign up?

Forum Username: Bgoldwax
Game Version: Ruby
NFEs: NONE
Restrictions: No more than 3 of the same type, 1 surfer, 1 flyer, no trade evolutions (unless I can hack them in when I catch the previous evoution)

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I signed up for a second Fire Red challenge a while back and completely forgot about it so can I drop that one and resign up?

Forum Username: Bgoldwax
Game Version: Ruby
NFEs: NONE
Restrictions: No more than 3 of the same type, 1 surfer, 1 flyer, no trade evolutions (unless I can hack them in when I catch the previous evoution)

You get Beedrill, Linoone, Walrein, Smeargle, Furret and Aerodactyl. Have fun!

Years
Would you mind rerolling smeargle and furret since their movesets are very limited up until the sixth or seventh gym?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I'm not exactly one to decide if that's okay or not but if it is you get Poliwrath and Vaporeon instead.

FlamingRuby014

"Ball is Life"
Years
Username: FlamingRuby
Game Version: Soul Silver
Number of Pokes: 6
NFE: No
National Dex: Yes, but only Sinnoh Pokemon can be added, everything else has to be from the Game Plzz and Thank you :)
Restrictions: At least 1 Flyer and 1 Surfer
Im ready.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back