• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Completely Hacking the Fire Red Title Screen by DawnRyder

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2012
I finished Part 1: The Charizard, and i got this. Its supposed to be Haxorus the 5th generation dragon thing. Any help?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I keep getting this error:
error.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
Thanks for the tutorial, but I cant get it right....my eevee keeps getting discolored...

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I followed the steps to change the background and nothing happened. oO When I tell unLZ to write to rom it doesn't do anything either. That message:

h**p://img121.imageshack.us/i/capture3050.jpg/

never came up at all.

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
For some reason, the title screen is coming out like really wonky.
The website won't let me post an image.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
the blinking part

when i was trying to edit the gamefreak logo below,, i tried 0-F pallete(ntme) then i selected the press start, put in the middle(or anywhere you like) then put F in pallete in all area of press start.. then save it as .raw,, replace the 2014. it blinking, but the gamefreak and the background was messed,, (and still,, the charizard and poke-logo is still ok).

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
I know im kinda late on this thread, but how do you change the bit depth to 4? Mines 8? Is that going to be a huge mess up if i use it like that?

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
That tut was amazing, but I don't get how to remove the glitchy squares in the bottom left. How do you remove them? It looks like this atm :\

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
i know how 2 nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhh i tell you u must tell me how to change the fire red to reign of fire you need to open your .raw file in hex editor and at the botton where there is blank code to write type (0) 32 times so there is a new line of 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Last edited:

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
ive been awake for 43 hours trying to change the fire red part but no one helps me i cant do it i have ape but not sure what colours to make it from when importing

michaeltheiii

Need help learning Hex Editing
Years
Help?

Great tutorial, everything's good except for one thing. It worked for the first two things, but for the logo, it won't let me write to rom. First it it says it's too big. Once I find free space for it, it doesn't say anything and when I exit and go back into it, it's back to the original. Help!

Last edited:

Hackmon

Complete Yognaut
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
I try to find a free space for my background but when I search for a space it comes up with "can't find enough free space
try using a different offset"
I have search from beginning of rom checked how do I get this working?

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Don't worry, I sorted my original problem.

My current one is that the fire is still there in the background... why? How can I fix it?

Last edited:

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
Years
i know how 2 nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhh i tell you u must tell me how to change the fire red to reign of fire you need to open your .raw file in hex editor and at the botton where there is blank code to write type (0) 32 times so there is a new line of 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I tried what you said, made no sense, and when I attempeted to do what you said to the best of my understanding, no difference. Care to explain a bit more please? Cheers

Druyii

Back