• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you find out about that?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The idea of this has been in my head for a while now. I figured it would make an interesting poll.

I'm not sure what would happen that it would come about (obviously, this isn't a very realistic situation), but just try to understand, okay? (;

Pretend everything about you -every secret, every memory, everything you've ever done- is now known by everybody you know. How do you think they would react? How would you cope with this?

Edit:
Might as well post mine. :x
In the words of Insomniac (who was the first replier)-
"I'd be so screwed, man."

People would always be secretly monitoring me. Some people might stop talking to me, which I would totally understand. I think my family might have some questioning to do. I also may or may not go curl up and die somewhere so not to face people once they know everything I've done. ;x

I've done things that are generally not..."acceptable" to most people. I think my best friend might be the only friend to actually stick with me through that. Partially because she already knows one of my two biggest secrets.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My biggest secret everybody knows now. I can't think of anything else that would cause major waves with the people around me, so I think I'd be pretty alright lol.

This is a very freeing feeling, I must say!

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I only have one thing that would cause some waves — well, more like a tsunami — in the people around me. I'd probably lose a good half of my insignificant friends that I don't care about anyways, but that's not important. I can almost guarantee my mother would be going to Facebook on the matter. "Oh god I just found out about blah blah yadda yadda yabba dabba doo so help me" (And I can guarantee that she'll have unfriended some people because they won't give her the "help" she wants.)

I'd definitely be alive, and may very well find solace in a friend I could stay with, but it's hardly better than getting murdered when your own family — even if they're practically worthless to you — decides to freak out and possibly shun you over an important part of your life. Even worse if they try to pull an inquisition on you, or otherwise turn to religion to try and force you back to cultural normality.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would be looked at as a freak lol.
Since I'm mostly anti-social, some people wonders what I do when I'm at home @_@
I would probably lose tons of friends and my family would try to avoid me xD

Years
I don't really do bad stuff, so I dont really know, I am however afraid that people would think I was dumb or boring because I dont do much interesting stuff.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Oh great Lord in heaven, I'd be screwed, I used to do alot of bad stuff, USED TO but still and my text messages aren't all that "kid-friendly" either xD

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
It'd be alright. I rarely keep anything to myself, and I share my thoughts and opinions to everyone I meet.

Years
If absolutely everything about me was known by all the people I know, I'd think it'd be more awkward than anything. I've done a few things in the past that I wish I hadn't at times, but it's nothing I'd lose sleep over if anyone found out. Like I said, it would just seem weird if my life became completely transparent.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Nope nope nope nope nope.

I'd have to exile myself or go live with a band of freaks somewhere in the woods. That situation would be impossible for me to cope with because I secretly like some weird things and the people who know about those things haven't looked me in the eye since they found out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The only major thing I had a problem with people knowing stopped being a problem in high school, so I'm not concerned with people knowing that anymore since it's no longer relevant. I am trying to rack my brain for anything I don't want people knowing, but I think if you compiled a list of everything I've ever done, I told at least one person that. So, to me, it isn't that big of a deal. Generally if someone asks me about something, I'll tell them the truth. I don't really hide anything. So I would assume people would react indifferently to discovering my secrets and my memories.

Crux

Evermore
Years
People would react in this exact order:

Creeped Out
Confused / Think i'm nuts
Impressed
Depressed
Possible Shun

I'd also be shunned by my family.
People would either love me or hate me. It's really as simple as that. It'd be almost relieving though, to have no secrets to keep. (If they'd ask me i'd say "Yeah, i'm a freak.")

As for what i'd do... I'd throw myself wholy into my music, and thus I would become.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
There would probably be a pretty big cliff with my name written on it, that's for sure. Otherwise, I'm pretty normal, and I have little secrets.

Back