• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♀ Gender Discrimination Challenge ♂

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_HGSS_Lass.png

Lass Alli
SoulSilver (Jap)
Female
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png
50px-Fog_Badge.png
50px-Storm_Badge.png
50px-Glacier_Badge.png
50px-Rising_Badge.png

Spr_4h_154_m.png
pokeball.png

Megan ♀ lv. 44 @ Miracle Seed
[ Petal Dance, Cut, PoisonPowder, Magical Leaf ]

Spr_4h_038.png
premierball.png

Klare ♀ lv. 45
[ Flamethrower, Wil-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Headbutt ]

Spr_4h_135.png
pokeball.png

Anice ♀ lv. 45 @ Magnet
[ Thunder Fang, Double Kick, Headbutt, Shadow Ball ]

Spr_4h_241.png
loveball.png

Berta ♀ lv. 45
[ Zen Headbutt, Body Slam, Surf, Earthquake ]

Spr_4h_131.png
moonball.png

Layla ♀ lv. 46 @Nevermeltice
[ Ice Beam, Surf, Ice Shard, Body Slam ]

We beat the Kimono Girls, went under the sea to catch a Lugia, and took our first steps into Kanto! After getting through a ton of trainers, we made our way through the trainer-less Victory Road, but not without a final battle with our rival Xandr. We grinded up a few levels, and surprisingly took down the Elite Four with ease, even the Champion Lance! Now we're going to be trading in one last female party member...and dominating the Kanto region!

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Pokemon Heart Gold (Male) Update #1
Current Badges:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png

Slowly but surely, I'm working on this. (I swear...) I started the game, chose my starter, and then got a move on, catching my bros and destroying Rattata along the way. Oh, and dealing with a GIR who keeps on bothering me. Ah well, just because I can't hit a GIR doesn't mean that my buddies can't. We've already beaten GIR two times now, along with some Bellsprout Lovers, Falkner, and some bug lover named Bugsy. From what I've heard, there's some neat forest to explore up ahead that contains some sort of shrine. How boring! The thought of having to pay my respects to some mysterious force makes me want to cut down some trees.

My Bros:

Spr_4h_156.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_summary_IV.png

Linoone the Relaxed Quilava
Male.gif

Level 18 (Ability Blaze)
Moveset:
-Tackle
-Quick Attack
-Smoke Screen
-Ember

Spr_4h_021.png

Brave the Modest Spearow
Male.gif

Level 14 (Ability Keen Eye)
Moveset:
-Peck
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Spr_4h_167.png

Justice the Hardy Spinarak
Male.gif

Level 11 (Ability Swarm)
Moveset:
-
Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Scary Face
-Constrict

Spr_4h_129_m.png
Lure_Ball_summary_IV.png

Carlos the Quiet Magikarp
Male.gif

Level 11 (Ability Swift Swim)
Moveset:
-Splash

Spr_4h_163.png

Wisdom the Admant Hoothoot
Male.gif

Level 9 (Ability Keen Eye)
Moveset:
-Tackle
-Peck
-Foresight
-Hypnosis

Spr_4h_092.png

Honor the Lonely Gastly
Male.gif

Level 5 (Ability Levitate)
Moveset:
-Hypnosis
-Lick
-Spite

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_HGSS_Lass.png

Lass Alli
SoulSilver (Jap)
Female
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png
50px-Fog_Badge.png
50px-Storm_Badge.png
50px-Glacier_Badge.png
50px-Rising_Badge.png

50px-Soul_Badge.png

Spr_4h_154_m.png
pokeball.png

Megan ♀ lv. 52 @ Miracle Seed

Spr_4h_038.png
premierball.png

Klare ♀ lv. 52 @ Leftovers

Spr_4h_135.png
pokeball.png

Anice ♀ lv. 52 @ Choice Scarf
[ Thunderbolt, Double Kick, Headbutt, Shadow Ball ]

Spr_4h_241.png
loveball.png

Berta ♀ lv. 52 @ King's Rock

Spr_4h_131.png
moonball.png

Layla ♀ lv. 52 @Nevermeltice
[ Ice Beam, Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic ]

380.png
masterball.png

Raeanne ♀ lv. 52 @ Amulet Coin
[ Mist Ball, Waterfall, Fly, Dragon Pulse ]

Traded in my final party member from HeartGold! Raeanne the Latias! Now I have a flier on the team, which is much better than Pidgey. I easily caught her up to the rest of the team at level 45. Then we went to Kanto and traveled the whole region, excluding gym battles. Gained a ton of levels in doing so, as you can tell. Now that there are no trainers left, except the ones in the gym, it's time to take them out. I was going to go in order, but since Janine is the lowest leveled leader, I went ahead and beat her first. Everyone else will be taken down in order though, and hopefully I can get in some trainer rematches during the times I'm taking them down. A little extra exp never hurt!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Syddy I'm sorry. My file was deleted sometime back before B2W2 release...so I'll have to restart my game later. TTwTT I lost my Pink Crobat I so sad. But I will attempt this challenge again.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
March 3, 2013
Spoiler:

We beat all the Kanto gym leaders, except for Blue. Now we're grinding in Seafoam Island and will probably grind elsewhere before fighting Blue.

March 7, 2013:
Spr_HGSS_Lass.png

Lass Alli
SoulSilver (Jap)
Female
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png
50px-Fog_Badge.png
50px-Mineral_Badge.png
50px-Storm_Badge.png
50px-Glacier_Badge.png
50px-Rising_Badge.png

50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png
50px-Marsh_Badge.png
50px-Volcano_Badge.png
50px-Earth_Badge.png

Spr_4h_154_m.png
pokeball.png

Megan ♀ lv. 64 @ Miracle Seed

Spr_4h_038.png
premierball.png

Klare ♀ lv. 66 @ Leftovers

Spr_4h_135.png
pokeball.png

Anice ♀ lv. 66 @ Choice Scarf
[ Thunderbolt, Double Kick, Headbutt, Shadow Ball ]

Spr_4h_241.png
loveball.png

Berta ♀ lv. 65 @ King's Rock

Spr_4h_131.png
moonball.png

Layla ♀ lv. 56 @Nevermeltice
[ Ice Beam, Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic ]

380.png
masterball.png

Raeanne ♀ lv. 66 @ Amulet Coin
[ Mist Ball, Waterfall, Fly, Dragon Pulse ]

We grinded forever, rematched the gym leaders, rematched the Elite Four, and beat Red with only Layla left standing. I think she deserves a round of applause. Challenge complete!

Last edited:

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Imma join: username: chaoticlapras game: heartgold gender: male (changed, couldn't get female starter)

Update 1: Started, chose female. SRed looking for a female cyndaquil for 30 mins. Gave up, restarted, chose mail. Got male cyndaquil. Went to cherrygrove, lvled to lvl 6. Went to mr pokemon, recieved pokedex and egg. Got call from prof elm. lvled to 7. Thrashed passerby boy.lvled to 8. went to elm lab. named rival noob. Saved.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys! I've finally changed the rules to allow for more than just HGSS in this challenge, however RBY will not be available for play because of the lack of genders, and that wouldn't be fair to other players. I've also updated the HM slave rule, since I overlooked that some Pokemon have low encounter rates and/or lopsided gender ratios, so from now on, HM slaves can be whatever you want, as long as they're not used in battle. The legendary rule has been fixed also, to allow for one legendary instead of waiting till after the champion.

But oh well, you can read all that in the first post if you want. :) Anyway, I hope that will help bump this thread's activity, as it really is a fun challenge. Have fun!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I did? Makes sense. Not a huge fan of them. XD But yes, I will add that. Thanks for catching it!

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Umm, Sydian, on the Female list you have Vullaby/Braviary, when it should be Vullaby/Mandibuzz.

Username: Cardinal
Game: Pearl

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Thanks for that! Can you tell I was rushing through it? lol If anyone catches anything else I missed, just VM me since I'll see it much quicker. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Update 1:

-Picked a Male by accident and didn't notice until I SRed for 2 hours to get a female Piplup, is it okay or no?

-Got my Piplup and named her Tiara since the trident and stuff

EDIT:

-Got Charlotte the Starly.

-Adamant Nature YUS!

-Grinding

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
-Picked a Male by accident and didn't notice until I SRed for 2 hours to get a female Piplup, is it okay or no?

You'll have to get rid of it, I'm afraid. :( If you really wanted to use one, you could trade in a Ditto and breed till you get a female Piplup to hatch though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
You'll have to get rid of it, I'm afraid. :( If you really wanted to use one, you could trade in a Ditto and breed till you get a female Piplup to hatch though.

I mean I picked like a male character not a male Piplup. Sorry about the confusion. So should I?

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Uhm, am doing Wedlocke on my HG now, so cancelling this challenge :( I plan to run through it on an FR rom soon though....

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh. I guess change your challenge to male? ;( then again, it's just the character, so just continue with everything else being female. Either is fine with me.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Count Me In
Username: Polymus1
Trainer Name: Jordan
Game: Randomized Ruby

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gonna play this one again!

Username: Sydian
Game: Sapphire

This is what I plan on going with:
260.png
373.png
262.png
323.png
306.png
295.png

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
And now, it's time for me to bring forth the return of my female persona. One other thing, though. I already finished SoulSilver before I lost my copy of the game. I only did the Battle Frontier as a fun little extra.

Username: KoboraX
Game: LeafGreen - Silver - Randomizer Sapphire - Platinum - White 2

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can do an ultimate, if you'd like. Just edit in the rest of your games. Your SoulSilver playthrough previously can count as your Johto run, if you'd like.

Back