• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Version Exclusives & Differences

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, here we go; what sorts of version exclusives would you like between Pokemon X and Pokemon Y?

Usually exclusives from each versions include the exclusivity of pokemon, and other miscellaneous things like battle facilities, and other certain events in each game. Well, actually, this can include pretty much anything you an think of in pokemon games. How much exclusivity and difference should both of these games have, as an added incentive to obtain one over the other? How much of a difference should the main storyline change, between Pokemon X and Pokemon Y? Or, would you not have any, or not much version exclusives at all? Do you have any other thoughts?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Other than the obvious version exclusive Pokémon that are pretty much guaranteed to be there, the one thing I really liked from B/W was the 8th Gym Leader being different. I'd love to see varied Gym Leaders or in general just varied teams between the two versions, just to make them have more differences than just the mascots and a few wild Pokémon.

The one thing I don't want them to do again was something like Black City/White Forest, as White Forest was a lot less useful compared to that of Black City, and I hated playing through one version just to find out my post-game was going to kind of suck. So I guess something I DON'T want version exclusive is what comes after you finishes the primary storyline of the game.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Other than the obvious version exclusive Pokémon that are pretty much guaranteed to be there, the one thing I really liked from B/W was the 8th Gym Leader being different. I'd love to see varied Gym Leaders or in general just varied teams between the two versions, just to make them have more differences than just the mascots and a few wild Pokémon.

The one thing I don't want them to do again was something like Black City/White Forest, as White Forest was a lot less useful compared to that of Black City, and I hated playing through one version just to find out my post-game was going to kind of suck. So I guess something I DON'T want version exclusive is what comes after you finishes the primary storyline of the game.

I'm pretty much thinking the same thing, but, I do want the exclusives to be very useful for each version. I agree; I didn't like White Forest compared to Black City because I felt as though there was more useful things there that can be... useful for me. I'm sort of hoping that the story line changes quite a bit depending on which version you have? Like for instance, maybe two villainous teams, like with Team Aqua and Team Magma. Two different teams, two different problems.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Hmmm, how about a different antagonistic team for each version, like they did in ruby/sapphire/emerald. How one team wants to do something that the other team doesn't want to happen. Dumb example, but leats say one team wants to get rid of pokemarts and only have pokecenters, and the other wants to get rid of pokecenters and only have pokemarts.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I think a neat version difference would be if Pokemon X had a slightly higher chance to give you female pokemon and Y had a slightly higher chance for male pokemon (instead of the standard 50-50 for most pokemon). Just a little detail, but it would be neat.

Alternate gym leaders, even to the point where their types would be different, would be ridiculously cool. Or gym design itself could be different between versions. Keep the gym leader the same as well as the type, but redesign the gym for each version (of course, I feel like this would have to be for all of them because having just a few variances I think would be a bit strange).

And I have to agree with Jake that White Forest was pretty lame in comparison. Also I'd like to mention that both of those areas were poorly designed. I don't have anyone to link up with directly and by the time I got to White Forest in my game it was empty (because I took quite a bit of time beating White). I can't remember exactly how long it took for it to become empty. Three months or so I think it was. It was just poorly executed. I like the idea of version differences in relation to cities / areas though. It's definitely a nice touch and added factor in deciding which game to get.

Guy

just a guy
Years
One exclusive I wouldn't like seeing again would be another White Forest / Black City. I'd rather there be more aesthetic differences between the same cities and towns depending on what version you get rather than version exclusive areas. There just wasn't a balance between White Forest and Black City and I don't think it's fair for someone to miss out on the better location because they chose the other version and couldn't get both at the time.

I like Aero.'s idea of alternate gym leaders even as far as different types though. That being said, they'd have to be of equal difficulty as some types are just generally weaker than others.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I didn't like the idea behind White Forest/Black City either, or at least the fact they were version exclusive...felt kinda unfair in my opinion. I think the different gyms idea is pretty cool. They could just change the order of types between the versions, or keep the gym types the same, and create alternate version of the "puzzles" you sometimes have to go through to beat the Gym Leader. I think the little aestethic differences between Black2 and White2 were a step in the right direction, they should include some more of that in the new games!

Back