• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Act Normal~ The Normal Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
~Act Normal~ A Normal Type Fanclub

533121-normal_large.png

Normal types run the gamut from hulking monsters to cute squishy things. This club is for anyone who likes this great type, and believe it deserves a little more recognition.

Rules
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Groups' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Everyone can choose one partner Pokemon from the list upon joining and nickname it if you want.
5. Enjoy!

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic!

Normal Type Pokemon

016.png
017.png
018.png
019.png
020.png
021.png
022.png
039.png
040.png
052.png
053.png
083.png
084.png
085.png
108.png
113.png
115.png
115-m.png
128.png
132.png
133.png
137.png
143.png
161.png
162.png
163.png
164.png
174.png
190.png
203.png
206.png
216.png
217.png
233.png
234.png
234.png
241.png
242.png
263.png
264.png
276.png
277.png
287.png
288.png
289.png
293.png
294.png
295.png
298.png
300.png
301.png
327.png
333.png
335.png
351.png
352.png
396.png
397.png
398.png
399.png
400.png
424.png
427.png
428.png
431.png
432.png
440.png
441.png
446.png
463.png
474.png
486.png
493.png
504.png
505.png
506.png
507.png
508.png
519.png
520.png
521.png
531.png
572.png
573.png
585.png
586.png
626.png
627.png
628.png
648.png
648-s.png
659.png
660.png
661.png
667.png
668.png
676.png
694.png
695.png

Members List

- Christopher
352.png

CloysterOyster
474.png

Sheep
572.png

Aslan
233.png

Synerjee
661.png

MusaddiqTheWarrior
133.png

Avishka
016.png

Hikari10
424.png

DunsparceMaster23
206.png

Nymphadora
216.png

Topics
What is your Favorite Normal Type Pokemon?
Who is your Favorite Normal Type Gym leader?
What qualities would a Pokemon need to have for it to belong in the normal type? Why?
Got a good topic? Go for it.

User Bars
None yet

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: Porygon-Z
Reason for joining: Normal-types are underrated. They can be dangerous if you train them right.
Answer the current topic: Lenora is my favorite Normal-type Gym Leader. She makes Normal-types look badass with how she's trained them. I will say that Porygon's evolutionary line is my favorite of the Normal-types, they can adapt to anything and learn a wide variety of moves.

Years
Ohhhh ye!

Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon: Cinccino. <3
Reason for joining: Normals rule! They may not be super effective against anything but their diverse movepools make up for that.

Cheren without a doubt. He matured so much in his course as a trainer and became so much more lovable. Big softie, that he is. Whitney had an extremely adorable design as well but her crybaby personality was a little much for me.. though as far as difficulty goes she's one of the toughest normal gym leaders. Norman gave me quite the hard time so difficulty-wise he gets the #1 trophy, aha.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome to the club.

Guess I ought to answer one of the Topics.

My Favorite Normal type gym leader would have to be Norman, he seems pretty cool, and who doesn't love Vigoroth. I only wish they would have given him a slightly larger role in the games. Whitney is a close second but I lost way too many pokemon during Nuzlockes to her...

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan

Partner Pokemon: Porygon2

Reason for joining: Like bowties, normal types are cool! Although they seem rather plain, they're probably one of the most diverse types around. They're pretty fascinating as well. How do rats use flamethrowers? How do ferrets surf? Normal types can arise all sorts of questions and are almost like mysteries of the series.

Probably Porygon2! Rubber ducks are some of my favourite objects for whatever reason. Another reason would probably be because of its power in-game wise and competitive. At first it'd look like a rather non-existent threat but bam, that thing can wall. I enjoy using it because it can fire hits while also taking loads of them in return. There's just something special about it that I can't put into words. Ducks have swag, I guess?

I'd say Cheren or Norman. The others are just uninteresting. Whitney was an okay character, but not my personal favourite. Girly girls aren't my thing. Lenora was just unmemorable. She didn't do anything to make her stand out from the rest. I loved Norman for being the dad in R/S/E. After games of just you and your mother, a fatherly figure appears. And he's even a gym leader! I'd love a dad like that. I like how Cheren developed into someone other than your rival. Throughout the main series, your rival never really does anything other than constantly challenge you. Cheren goes onto become a gym leader and train his Pokemon further. Also, him and my friend are exactly alike- personality and appearance wise. XD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Username: Synerjee

Partner Pokemon: Fletchling

Reason for joining: Normal-type Pokemon are easily one of the most versatile types with many diverse moves that pack a punch! With almost nothing but Fighting-types that are super effective against it, it can stand up to lots of opponents without much fear.

Answer the current topic: Who is your favourite Normal-type Gym Leader?

I like Cheren because throughout his journey, he never gave up on trying to better himself and at the end, his determination paid off as he grew and matured from being a beginning trainer on a quest for the Professor to a full-fledged gym leader. I admire him for that.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Username : MusaddiqTheWarrior
Partner Pokemon : Evee
Reason for joining : one of my favorite pokemon is normal type.
Answer the current topic: my favorite normal type pokemon is Evee because i like his design and evolutions

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Partner Pokemon: Pidgey
Reason for joining: They're simply such a diverse type. With having only one weakness they can fit into practically any team with ease to fill a spare space or two. aaand they're so many cute normal type pokemon pidgey Teddiursa Eevee and many many more <3 :3
Answer the current topic!
I'd say Cheren. I like him because at first he has been just a rival, but he then became a gym leader that to of normal type...one of my fave types. :)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome to club guys.

A lot of love for Cheren I see. I only wish he could be a little more powerful. I mean the last Rival to become a gym leader was Blue and he was the 8th gym leader. Why did Cheren have to be the 1st we know from B/W he was a lot more capable than that.

Years
Username: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Ambipom
Reason for joining: Normal-types are great, they are versatile and they all have some interesting concepts!

I'm on the Cheren bandwagon here as well, he's one of my fave characters from the 5th Generation and while it was kinda disappointing he was made 1st Gym despite how strong he was at the end of B/W. However, he's still quite strong as a Gym Leader because that Work Up strategy of his can really hurt you badly if you're not prepared.

DunsparceMaster23

The Hand of Fire - Hinote
Years
  • Age 29
  • PA
  • Seen Dec 18, 2013
Username: DunsparceMaster23

Partner Pokemon: Dunsparce♀ (Nickname: Finessa)

Reason For Joining: In my experience, normal type Pokemon have never really let me down. They aren't strong against any other types, but only fighting types can touch them, and you can outplay ghosts really well using normal types as the key to your strategy. They're typically speedy power-houses or tanks, which really helps me in battle, because I like to choose offense or defense as my battle strategy, and I'm not good at switching between the two.

Who is your favorite normal type Pokemon?
Dunsparce is my absolute favorite Pokemon, even beyond the normal typing. It was the first Pokemon I properly trained from an egg, and at level 72 I beat Red, using it as the key to the strategy. Yes, I beat Red with a Dunsparce. Secret Power = 60% freeze chance on Mt. Silver. That plus the same chance for flinch, using Headbutt...Unstoppable. :P

Who is your favorite normal type gym leader?
I'd have to say either Whitney or Norman. When I was a little kid, playing Pokemon, I wasn't really encouraged to think past the barrier of, "Press A to continue." I just spammed things I liked, I think a lot of us did, admittedly. When you come across Whitney, her Miltank is a force to be reckoned with, if you didn't know enough about the game or the Pokemon to make a strategy. And the same goes for Norman's Vigoroth/Slaking. They, even as normal type trainers, encouraged a lot of strategy formulation in me, even though I was little. They helped me a lot, by wrenching from me a smarter way of thinking, which stays with me now, no matter who I'm battling. My mind is always filled with numbers, predictions, speculation, and reasoning behind all moves. And beating them as a kid was just such a huge hurdle to jump, it felt amazing to get through it and move on.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokemon: Teddiursa.
Reason for joining: Normal-type Pokémon are adorbs (well, most of them); I just love 'em.

Design-wise, Teddiursa would have to be one of my favorites, as well as Pidgey, Skitty, Starly, Delcatty, Swablu, and Eevee. In terms of competitiveness, I'd say Blissey. Its HP and defenses are gargantuan, and has access to tons of recovery moves as well. With the help of it, you could be stalling your opponent for plenty of turns. Due to the same reason, I also like Chansey. Give it an Eviolite, and it could be even deadlier. (:

Whitney, definitely. Every time I go up against her, she always provides me with tough challenges.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Welcome to club guys.

A lot of love for Cheren I see. I only wish he could be a little more powerful. I mean the last Rival to become a gym leader was Blue and he was the 8th gym leader. Why did Cheren have to be the 1st we know from B/W he was a lot more capable than that.

One reason I see for that would be because he wants to start off small. Unlike Blue who went straight up to the strongest gym leader, I guess Cheren doesn't have quite the same competitive nature as him. Plus, I get the feeling that he wants to help beginning trainers start off on the right foot, so I think that's very humble of him as he was once a beginning trainer himself.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I agree! Blue just has this cocky aura around him. He only ever wanted to be the best no matter what it took. Shoving off his best friend was a pretty bad move. While he is a competent trainer, Cheren was way better personality and battle wise. Blue would always complain after he lost, say his famous catchphrase of "smell ya later" and then run off. Cheren willingly accepted that he lost and tried to improve himself. And then when it comes to new trainers, Cheren helps them take the first few steps on their long journey. Blue? He probably doesn't care at all. All he cares about is battling about strong trainers. Even if he did accept to help, I doubt that he'd have the patience and kindness.

Anyway, how about we add a new topic with the current discussions? What qualities would a Pokemon need to have for it to belong in the normal type? Why? I'm interested in seeing what you guys think!

DunsparceMaster23

The Hand of Fire - Hinote
Years
  • Age 29
  • PA
  • Seen Dec 18, 2013
Anyway, how about we add a new topic with the current discussions? What qualities would a Pokemon need to have for it to belong in the normal type? Why? I'm interested in seeing what you guys think!

Versatility would be my first answer, but looking at it from a design point of view, I'd also have to say that normal types all have their own aura of just...simplicity. You know what I mean? A basic concept, most of the time based on regular animals. That plus some creative thinking on how a normal animal survives, in order to appropriately create some decent stats, as well as a decent normal move pool. Once you have that, give it a bunch of random elemental attacks via TM and you've got yourself a normal type Pokemon. :P

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome to the club everyone.

Versatility would be my first answer, but looking at it from a design point of view, I'd also have to say that normal types all have their own aura of just...simplicity. You know what I mean? A basic concept, most of the time based on regular animals. That plus some creative thinking on how a normal animal survives, in order to appropriately create some decent stats, as well as a decent normal move pool. Once you have that, give it a bunch of random elemental attacks via TM and you've got yourself a normal type Pokemon. :P

couldn't have said it better myself. We have 3 Normal type species based on house cats, but each has their own aura of uniqueness and personality. (Skitty is totally the best :P)

Tek

Years
I just have to say: "Act normal" is a brilliant club name. Also, Matt Smith is my favorite doctor, so props on that!

Years
Anyway, how about we add a new topic with the current discussions? What qualities would a Pokemon need to have for it to belong in the normal type? Why?

I'll echo the rest on versatility. Normal types can usually learn a lot of moves, from Thunderbolt to Shadow Ball, so I'd check out its moveset to see if it fits in that category. Still not a defining factor though.. more so than anything I look at their design. A lot of the current normal types have a brownish/cream color and those that don't tend to resemble other types for me. Porygon2 looks more of a psychic type to me than normal because its coloring doesn't fit my criteria.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
What qualities would a Pokemon need to have for it to belong in the normal type? Why?
Well..they just need to be normal and simple i guess. Most of the normal type are based on animals and their designs are simple and cute :3
They should be able to learn a variety of different moves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back