• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disgaea: A Darkness is Reborn (M) [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Disgaea_logo.png

If you're unsure about what Disgaea is, check out the wiki page! By the way d00d,
this is the OOC thread. All SU's, out of character stuff, and other questions you may have goes here.

The Background / Plot

So d00ds, I'm not like, the best one to tell a story here, but..since you're here anyway, might as well give it a shot. Anyways d00ds, there is a place called the Netherworld, you see, where demons live, ruled by a demon king named King Krichevskoy. But get this! King Krichevskoy, died one day by chocking on a pretzel! And it wasn't even that good, if you asked me. In any-case, the Netherworld, which is where all demons live got into like this, uber pwnage battle and inside war to grab the throne for themselves! I could of participated in that as well to try and get the throne, but...eh. Too lazy, d00d. Well, guess what! His kid, Lalharl, ends up getting the throne and became the new king! Sick, isn't it d00d? Well, I mean the baaad kind of sick. Like...seesh, you have no idea how we Prinnys have to work. It sucks, d00d. Well, anyway, get this! Some decades or so later, guess who was next to kick the bucket? Yup! It was Lalharl himself! Heard he swam with the fishes by chocking on some moon bread. Like d00ds, you'd think that an all powerful Demon King wouldn't get rubbed out by a piece of pastry.

Anyways d00ds, you wouldn't believe how the Netherworld got into chaos. Like the demons they are, the guys other here are fighting for the throne again! Its not just them this time, d00d. The angels from the heavens, Celestia, and even some Humans for Earth are trying to fight for that throne as well! Now I know what you're thinking: why the heck would angels want to be the ruler of the demon world? Well, angels usually stand for "self-righteousness", 'love', 'honesty' and 'compassion', right? Well...not this time. See, Seraph Lamington, the head angel in Celesta, became ill, so he appointed another angel to take his place; his name was Duke. Duke? Well, let's just say, he became obsessed with power, so...he became a dictator. Again, very surprising for an angel. You know what he stands for, and is obsessed with, d00d? To "remake" the worlds, for the 'goddess' he admired some time ago before Seraph was head angel. Soooo... if he rules the Netherworls, him and his angels will turn the Netherworld into a giant paradise for his goddess to live in. Its...freak weird, I know d00d. Get this though: and whomever gets in their way, Duke would swear that they are terminated! Like...yikes, again, how did this guy become an angel?

Now, humans ruling the demon world? First...how did humans first get into the Netherworld? Well, see, there was this Captain along with his crew, on where they visited from earth to assassinate the former Demon King, but soon was tricked into an invasion from the army to rule the Netherworld. They failed however, and the army went back to earth. Soon, so did the Captain and his crew; when they got back however, a new president has been elected, and let's just say...he's also mad with power. So, he secretly plotted for the earth army to use there men and technology to take the throne for themselves! Like d00d! Where do these people come from?! Anyways, the humans basically like the greedy, power hungry d00ds they are, want the throne to themselves so that the Netherworld can become a settling spot for other humans. That's a little weird, considering that they have a planet of their own, right?

Anyhow, the demons, the humans, and the angels all want the throne. Well d00d, guess what happens? A letter's been found near Lalharl's throne. It says: To all those who want this throne when I'm deceased, a tournament shall be held for those who want it. Only the very powerful shall claim this throne, and be the ruler of all the Netherworld. ~Lalharl So, the humans, the angels, and the demons all decided to enter this tournament. Which side will be able to win? Who's ambitions will come true?

...Only time will tell, d00d.

Where do you come in?
You're eaither a Human from Earth, an Angel from Celestia, or a Demon from the Netherworld, all wanting to capture the throne, so you'll decide to enter the tournament in the Netherworld to do so. Now, if you are an angel or a human, unlike your so-called leaders, you have your own reason, good, or bad, to get the throne for yourself. In one of point of this RP, you'll have to foil the leaders of Celesta, of Earth, as well as certain demon's sinister plans, as well as defeat your opponents in this tournament along the way, so that your dreams will come true.

Disgaea Classes
In this RP, Disagea, there are two playable classes that you can be. Those are Humanoids, and Monsters. Humanoid classes can attack with a variety of weapons, which are Guantlets, Swords, Spears, Bows, Guns, Axes, and Staffs. Monsters on the other hand, can only equip Red Monster weapons, like claws, pincers, fangs, and so on. So, what does all this mean for you? You can select eaither a Humanoid, or Monster class for yourself, and one of the unique classes each one of them possesses. For example, if you want to be a humanoid, you can be a Mage, Archer, a Warrior, and so on.

Here are the lists of each special classes in both (if you want more information on them, simply click on the links on their names):

Humanoids:

Spoiler:

Monsters:

List of Rules:
~ Activity: Please, if you want to join, you'd have to be active! Otherwise, if you think you are too busy, or won't post for a couple days, I wouldn't reccomend joining. If you want some tips on activity, check out this guide: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6880535&postcount=2064

~ Rating: This RP is rated M, so, let's try and keep the theme of it that way!

~ Godmodding / Bunnying: Try not to god-mod, okay? As for Bunnyig, you're allowed to slightly bunny the NPC's here, as well as any NPC's you make.

~ SUs: They all go here; if you want to go back to look at them, I'd do it here.

~ One-liners: Obviously, let's avoid doing that, okay? The rule is minimun 4 lines on a wide-screen computer monitor.

~ Let's kick it!: In other words, have fun~! :3​
The Sign Up Sheet:
Name: (First name is just enough, last name is totally optional.)

Nickname: (again, optional if you would like to have one.)

Age: (This might be a little tricky, you can ~assume~ an age, ie. You can assume that your character looks 18.)

What's your race?: (Are you a Demon, Human, or Angel?)

Class: (Your race/Species. You can choose from Humanoid, or Monster. Just remember that monsters can't be humans, and monsters can't be angels. Demons can be humanoids or monsters, Angels can be humanoid angels, or regular humanoids. Humans can only be Humanoids.)

Class-type?: (What from those classes are you? ie. you can be a Mage, Prinny, Brawler, and so on.)

Appearance: (basically, what your character wears, and how their overall appearance should look like.)

Personality: (Are you a tree hugger? A pessimist? A love-freak? Basically, how your character thinks, or acts.)

History: (Basically, your past. Just remember that Humans came from earth, angels from Celestia, and Demons from the Netherworld.)

Short Prinny-Interview!: (try and put this into spoilers)
Why do you want the Netherworld throne?
If there was a wallet on the ground, what would you do with it?
What do you think of Prinny-d00ds?
Any last words you would like to share?
RP-Sample: (just show your latest, and greatest RP post, to see how you do in RPing. Put this in spoilers.)

Players:

~ Miss Doronjo (res.)
~ Winifred Hailey
(Skymin)
~ Viridis Ruina Abyssus (Game Over1375)
~ Godzil (res.)
~ Jack O' Neill (res.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I bought Disgaea 2 and i am LOVING it!! So I will very much love to sign up!

Name: Winifred Hailey
Nickname: Win, Winnie or Fred
What's your race?: Demon
Class: Humanoid
Class-type: Knight

Appearance:
Winnie is quite small and cute looking, but don't ever think that makes her weak. She has bright yellow eyes, similar to a cat (in colour, not in shape) and has long, white hair, pulled into two pony tails which sit cutely on her shoulders or behind her comfortably on her back. She's quite short, about 5'3" and very light, less than 100 pounds. She's not exactly 'well endowed', her breasts not exceptionally large but neither small that they could be mistaken for man boobs, just enough for them to need support. Like most demons, she has the signature pointy ears plus bat-wings, a tail with a tuft of fur on the end, goat style horns, fangs and slightly sharper teeth.

Her attire is slightly outrageous and probably as inappropriate for the battlefield as could possibly be, but it still looks pretty damn cool. Her top half consists of a black and brown bikini with spiked armor plates covering her right arm and shoulder, as well as spiked leather gloves for both hands. Her bottom half is a belted pair of puffy, brown shorts with full-length, stripey red and white stockings under a pair of black, combat boots. She usually wields an impressive looking two-handed sword, one that looks twice the size of her.​

Personality:
Win is a little ball of spunk, confidence and ego practically melting from her. She's got that "never-give-up" kind of attitude and runs into a battle, Leeroy Jenkins style (aka guns blazing). She's a tough little thing but despite her weaknesses (like no strategy, no sneaking skills and a dodgy defence), she won't back down from any fight. If somebody challenges her, she pulls her gigantic sword off her back, swings it wildly and accepts the challenge, no matter the conditions. It's mostly stupid at times and she has lost a fair few battles in her time, but most of the time, she ends up on top with a battle cheer and some corny line like "Winnie always wins!!" If she loses, she makes excuses ("I have a cold!" or "Damn belt was too loose!") and asks for a rematch at a later date.

She's almost incapable of keeping her voice down, doesn't understand much of the word "subtly" and is useless at keeping secrets. Her loud personality can get a little (that's an understatement) annoying at times, so most people can only deal with her in small amounts. She does appreciate company and companions but when it comes to fighting, she does it on her own; everyone else is support or healing or something or other.

If Winnie has one indulgence, it's her complete love of sweets. She loves anything with sugar in it, mainly lollypops and chocolate.​

History:
Winifred was actually born in the human world to a demon mother and a human father. Her mother wasn't always a demon though. Just after she became pregnant, she was on her way to a market to get some food. She apparently 'walked in a strange way' in front of some Demon Lord (a relatively new one who was keen on testing out what the full extent of his powers were) and was transformed into a demon, thus transforming the undeveloped baby in her body. Though she did sprout a pair of wings and a tail, she went along with her "normal" life.

Her father, a little cut from having a demon daughter, his disappointment disappeared as she inherited his white hair and grew up to not be as much of a 'girly girl' as he anticipated. As soon as she showed potential with her super strength, he trained her with a sword and taught her how to fight. She caught on quickly and took a great interest in it, often training on monsters in the wild with her fathers enormous two-handed sword, one he couldn't lift himself.

When her father died (from old age), she had her mother travelled to the Netherworld to live as demons. Her mother stayed in one place, flirting with the locals while Winifred travelled from town to town with a band of warriors. Though Winifred was not the leader, she often found herself leading the pack due to her lack of patience. She was kicked out of the band after about a decade; they were sick of watching her running in and killing everything and them having to save her life.

Winifred made and is now (and has been for a good 150+ years) the leader of her own group, calling them the "Clash at Demonhead". The team consists of Winifred herself, the Knight and leader, Auden the Cleric and Winnie's right hand man, Arlo the Scout and 'Secretary' (he finds appropriate missions, often picking ones that are out of their league and in ridiculous locations), Finn the Skull and 'Treasurer' (splits funds and spends money on new weapons and is the only one with a brain worth using), Embeth the Thief, Rory the Warrior, Trevon the Ninja and Sadie the Archer. While they aren't well known, they make a considerable amount as bounty hunters.​

Short Prinny-Interview!:
Spoiler:
RP-Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Hmm...

Let me do my research, and then I'll see if I want to join afterwards. Looks really interesting though! ^.^

Ah, what the heck... Reserve me please!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Okay!
I'm going to end up reserving for only one more to hurry the process~ ;3

Don't worry; Disagea's not that hard to learn about, if you played some of the overhead tactic Final Fantasy games, that is. ^__^

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Seeing as how I am now working on two mega RPs, I am going to have to ask to be removed. I apologize Miss Doronjo. I think I'll stay on the outside and watch what happens though. ^o^ This looks like it'll be a great RP.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
i guess... it's just you and me hahaha.

i haven't even finished my SU yet.i should do that. WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
picture.php

d: this is winifred... hopefully if i don't change her design again. XD

and i finished my SU!

Last edited:
Years
This thread is picking up and dropping SU's like crazy! I've never played Disgaea, but I've seen a Let's Play and it looked fun. Would you kindly add my reservation to the list?

Name: Viktor Buri-Vojtec

What's your race?: Human

Class: Humanoid

Class-type?: EDF Soldier

Appearance: Viktor is a large, muscular man, over six and a half feet tall, weighing in at 303 pounds. He has the body of a former bodybuilder, with large muscular arms, but age and neglect has left his body rotund and chubby. He is fair skinned, and doesn't get much sun, with small, beady brown eyes. Though his head is bald, he sports a fierce black beard. He has a pair of tattoos, a red hammer on the back of his right hand, and a red anvil on the back of his left.

Viktor wears a pair of black bearskin pants, the hide taken from a bear he personally killed. He wears a white thermal shirt, with a red t-shirt over top of it, with a black Kevlar vest over top of that. His feet are protected by large metal boots, which make a distinctive CLUNK-ing sound when he walks. He carries a large gun at his belt, resembling an old-fashioned flintlock pistol, but upgraded to fire modern energy blasts. It's regenerating battery pack ensures he will always have ammo, so he carries no extra rounds. For decoration, he wears a bright red cape and a metal helmet adorned with the curved, goat-like horns of a demon dragon.

Personality: Viktor is a calm and calculating man, a strategist who thinks things through and always has a plan. He is also a loud, violent bear who takes great pleasure in fighting, and won't hesitate inflict bodily harm for minor transgressions. He is mentally unstable, bipolar, and will flip between these two personas at a moment's notice. Whether he is icy or a hothead, he will be loud and exciteable, and is rarely quiet. He enjoys good company, especially if they are as rowdy as he is, and is generally a jolly fellow who hands out compliments like candy. Unless you are a burden, in which case he hands out threats and abuse like court orders.

History: Born in Russia, Viktor was raised to be a lumberjack. At the age of 12, when he was only six feet tall, he chopped down his first tree and killed his first grizzly. He was given a job at a local lumberjacking company, where he worked until he was 18. After that, he spent four years traveling the boxing circuit, becoming a champion in boxing, caber tossing, and patty cake. He joined the EDF as a soldier, and participated in the war until he was 33.

He was honorably discharged, seeing as he was "axe crazy", and returned to Russia. He entered the political realm, becoming the mayor of the small Chemowski province. Here, he took a no-nonsense policy on crime, and personally roamed the streets, judge, jury, and executioner for any criminal he encountered. When he later declared himself the King of Chemowski, he ended the electoral system and turned the town into a dictatorship. As he sat upn his throne, ruling his tiny kingdom with an iron fist, he realized he had found his place at last, and set out to conquer all of Russia! His reign ended when a freak explosion destroyed his town hall, launching him over the town walls. His subjects refused him entrance, and he went back to his former EDF compatriots to request aid. He was turned down, but soon learned of the tournament. He stole a ship and personally flew it to the Netherworld, crash landing and totaling the vessel. Now trapped in Hell, he seeks to recruit an army of minions to help him retake his "kingdom" and conquer all Russia!

Short Prinny-Interview!:
Spoiler:
RP-Sample: Taken from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Ruins of the Elements (yes, really)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
I stumbled upon this yesterday, and I was a bit hesitant to sign up at first. Now I want to sign up, but from the looks of things, it seems as if all the available spots will be filled before I can get my SU up. Would you be willing to squeeze me in, or are you just going to shut the door on me?

Despite not having actually played any of the Disgaea games, I still have more than a passing familiarity with the franchise, and I feel that I can do quite a lot with the setting. At least it's not another generic Pokémon-themed RP.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
I can't make up my mind on which monster I won't to be... I got it narrowed down to five.

Dark Knight
Lantern
Nosferatu
Beast
Great Wyrm

Any suggestions? Oh, and can monsters talk like normal people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back