• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Regirock, Regice, Registeel

Regirock, Regice, Registeel

• Regirock

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Regice

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Registeel

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Years
Hmm, the Regis have always been my least favorite legendary trio, despite being some of the more fun ones to try and encounter. I always like using Steel type Pokemon when I get the chance, but I've always hated Registeel's design, so my vote goes to Regice. I love its crystalline appearance, and the fact that it's supposed to be made of Antarctic ice from the Ice Age.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I don't necessarily like the Regi trio, or any legendary trio in particular, because I don't like legendaries, but I really like the ice type, so it's Regice for me. It looks nicer too, but you won't be seeing me using it, or any legendary.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 20, 2019
Woah i'm supprised to see that so many people like regiice o_O. I actually preffer registeel not only is it a steel type which I find quite cool but it also looks quite badass (except for the toadish hands I guess xd)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I've never paid a ton of attention to the Regi trio, but my favorite would have to be Regice. I always pick favorites based on design, and it is a pretty cool looking Pokemon even though I'm not a big fan of the general theme that the Regis share.

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
Years
Poor Regirock. It has 0 votes. Like, none. Zilch, Nada, Cero.

So in honor of Regirock, I'm unofficially changing my vote, even though I voted for Registeel.

Regirock is actually pretty freaking cool. Sure, Regice and Registeel are actual golems with brains and organs and everything, but just look at this entry from FR/LG.
"It is entirely composed of rocks with no sign of a brain or heart. It is a mystery even to modern scientists."
Whoa. That's pretty cool, even for a Pokemon. But that's not all, it also is self-repairing. What is this thing, a prehistoric automaton???? I mean seriously, only Porygon MAYBE comes close to the craziness of this thing. But Porygon isn't as cool as a Legendary Golem.

Then there's the actual base stats, which gets more into competitive battling. Regirock has a Base Defense of 200(!) which makes it an undeniable tank. It's crazy in it's defenses. Regice on the other hand, has 200 Sp. Def, but has weaknesses like Fighting, Rock, and Steel, which are mostly all Attack, not Sp. Attack, so Regice is at quite a big loss. And while Registeel is the more balanced and versatile option, it's Attack is lower than Regirock. Lower, I tell ya. So Regirock is suddenly the best tank AND the best mixed attacker. Definitely a force to be reckoned with.

On to specific attacks. While each Regi has a decent moveset and learns the H. Beam at 65, Regice and Regirock are the best attackers, so let's look at them. Both move pools are VERY similar except for the fact that Regirock has Iron Defense, boosting its already unbreakable Defense with MORE Defense. Regice just has some Amnesia, but hey, it's not my fault when you get OHKO'd with a Arm Thrust on Regice and I can laugh it off on Regirock.

So there you all have it. While Regice and Registeel are undoubtedly very awesome, don't forget about this hidden titan, also tucked away in the crevices of Pokemon. Because really, all those thousands of years of sandstorms have toughened up Regirock to be a beast. And if we're looking at design, I'd like to point out that Regirock lacks fingers. He doesn't need them; he just fists you in the face.

Awesome.

Back