• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Ok, I need help.
The script is supposed to make your Dad look at you, then saay "Wait! Come back here!" and then you face up and walk up at normal speed. Instead, it just freezes. It works when I get the pokemon from him first, though. (As in, it doesn't happen at all when I set the flag)
Spoiler:

Any help?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Ok, I need help.
The script is supposed to make your Dad look at you, then saay "Wait! Come back here!" and then you face up and walk up at normal speed. Instead, it just freezes. It works when I get the pokemon from him first, though. (As in, it doesn't happen at all when I set the flag)
Spoiler:

Any help?

You need waitmovement 0x0 after putting applymovement.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
No it's in 0x02000000 section that is where the gba stores the vars, and other things.

So, say if I had the variable 0x8004, would the address be 0x02008004?

*edit* I found the address for var 0x8005. It's at 0x020370c2. (Found it in an ASM tutorial. :))
Is each variable 1 byte? or 2?

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Man, I just figured that out!

How could I convert a variable into a decimal through scripting? or should I just check it and store it as a string at an offset?

Years
Okay, I'm a complete n00b around this stuff, so bear with me.

I'm trying to make a person script so when you talk to this guy, you answer yes or no. Yes gives you one mudkip, then if you talk to him after, he won't give you any more. The problem is, every time talk to him and press yes, these weird white boxes saying "0 coins" pop up and only go away after you enter a building or a battle.

Script below.
Spoiler:

What am I doing wrong?

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
I need help... (again)
This one freezes even though I used waitmovement 0x00.
I think it's because I used a script tile, but I was just doing the same thing the rest of the game uses.
Lance and Sally both have $000000 as their offsets, and 0201 as their IDs.
Here is my script:
Spoiler:

Ok, I fixed that, but now when I finish the script, this happens...
ohnoglitch.png

I can't move my character, instead I have a "mirror" version of my player. What's wrong?

Last edited:
Years
Okay,so I have tried to make a script where when you would step on the script tile,2 people from offscreen would run some time,stop,say a message,continue running then go off screen.No flags or vars because I want this to happen every time I step on the tile.Yes,I'm aware that you need to reenter the building for the people to reset positions,however even the first time I step on it the game freezes.
Spoiler:

I'm stumped as to what could be the cause of the freeze,as I've tried everything possible.And I'm using Pokescript because I don't have access to downloads on this computer.Anyway,help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm not expert on Pokescripting but I would think that Eternity and Collen have the same problem.

On the script tile set the unknown value to 0003 and the var number to 4050

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
I'm not expert on Pokescripting but I would think that Eternity and Collen have the same problem.

On the script tile set the unknown value to 0003 and the var number to 4050
I did that. Now I'm on my next question: Why is my player "mirrored"?

Ok, my playerer turned into another sprite the was off-screen. It's because of the battle.
How can I fix this?

Last edited:

red panda

Mew Fan
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2019
Please Help

Hi.

I'm a complete Noob at Scripting exept for the talking Script and I need help fixing this script.

So before I put it here, this is what should happen: The NPC is looking left and you can only talk to him while he's facing away. He talks, has a "!" over his head and turns around, talks to the player, and then boots the player away and returns to looking left.

But instead of that, the NPC just looks at me.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Hi.

I'm a complete Noob at Scripting exept for the talking Script and I need help fixing this script.

So before I put it here, this is what should happen: The NPC is looking left and you can only talk to him while he's facing away. He talks, has a "!" over his head and turns around, talks to the player, and then boots the player away and returns to looking left.

But instead of that, the NPC just looks at me.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

the 'ifs' go after the checkflag. Like so:

checkflag 0x1201
if 0x1 goto @done

Now for my question:

Is there a way to have more than 3 buffers, or to combine buffers together?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Depends on what your buffering, you can always copy bytes and store them in temporary vars then use copy var and copy the data to a different var.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
how would i go to make a script that allows me to collect 8 badges in 4 different regions and register does badges per region?
also how to make it so it recognizes that iv'e collected 32 badges for pokemon fire red

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@locoroco: You don't actually script that. In fact, I think it's not possible for 4 regions in a hack. You could give and check the badges using 'setflag' and 'checkflag'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back