• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crystal Shards

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2011
Pokemon Crystal Shards is an idea i had come up with on long car rides. It will be way diffrent than most pokemon games including. It will include things that are not normally used like...
  • A replacement to HMs
  • Pokemon will walk behind you (like in HeartGold and SoulSilver)
  • A side touch screen or bottom touch screen
  • pokehunts catch diffrent
  • realistic attributes like eating and so on...
  • RMXP
  • new tilesets
  • and more
if i anyone would like to help with scripting or animating or anything.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Pokemon Crystal Shards is an idea i had come up with on long car rides. It will be way diffrent than most pokemon games including. It will include things that are not normally used like...
  • A replacement to HMs
  • Pokemon will walk behind you (like in HeartGold and SoulSilver)
  • A side touch screen or bottom touch screen
  • pokehunts catch diffrent
  • realistic attributes like eating and so on...
  • RMXP
  • new tilesets
  • and more
if i anyone would like to help with scripting or animating or anything.

This is mygame idea that i've been working on here is the orginal thread.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230483

while i have updated it in over a year i will be shortly, and i ask that you change your game name title. please

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
This is mygame idea that i've been working on here is the orginal thread.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230483

while i have updated it in over a year i will be shortly, and i ask that you change your game name title. please
You have no claim to the Pokémon franchise, and yet you refer to your game as such. I ask, on their absent behalf, that you remove that title from your game.

That said, you also have no claim to "Crystal Shards" since you a) don't have any claim to the franchise it's named under and b) don't have any right to copyright it or lay claim to it for reason a.

I also think it's downright rude that you ask someone to do that. It's not like the guy is plagiarising you. Really, his only fault is having a barebones thread.

And to top this post off, I finish by saying to you, QazPalm, it's generally more acceptable if you format your post similarly to the way everyone else does around here, and it's usually nice if it's a bit meatier than that.

Don't listen to KingCharizard. He's being ridiculous and quite rude.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
You have no claim to the Pokémon franchise, and yet you refer to your game as such. I ask, on their absent behalf, that you remove that title from your game.

That said, you also have no claim to "Crystal Shards" since you a) don't have any claim to the franchise it's named under and b) don't have any right to copyright it or lay claim to it for reason a.

I also think it's downright rude that you ask someone to do that. It's not like the guy is plagiarising you. Really, his only fault is having a barebones thread.

And to top this post off, I finish by saying to you, QazPalm, it's generally more acceptable if you format your post similarly to the way everyone else does around here, and it's usually nice if it's a bit meatier than that.

Don't listen to KingCharizard. He's being ridiculous and quite rude.

Dude how am i the rude one? you just flamed me for asking that he change the title and i asked nicely. If i didnt know any better this is your second account and on your other account i said something to you that you didnt like, i actually have my new thread waiting on celbra to accept it now, which i did last night, however i have every rite to request a change. Since i have worked on and made progress on my game. yeah it sat on my computer for the last 8 months with no progress however my project was in development first, but besides who was here first, my game has actual progress, as far as i can tell this is just a bullet list of features... And i'm not the first person to make a request for a game that has the same name to change it but somehow i'm being ridiculous, wow....

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Realistically, neither of you should bother using crystal shards.

A quick google search reveals that there is a hack with the same name, It has a 22 page thread on pokecommunity though it was locked in 2008.

It's all over the first few pages of google, and will likely be the first link for quite some time. (it will probably be the top search until your threads go over 22 pages)
if either one of you stick with crystal shards, then it's likely a lot of potential hits will be absorbed by the hack...

always google the name before taking it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2011
KingCharizard is right so i changed my screenname to DarkDusk and posted a diffrent game name and it has more stuff on it and i worked much harder on it the game is called pokemon Dark Dusk it is in the same catigory as this one. so sorry Charizard dude

KingCharizard is right so i changed my screenname to DarkDusk and posted a diffrent game name and it has more stuff on it and i worked much harder on it the game is called pokemon Dark Dusk it is in the same catigory as this one. so sorry Charizard dude

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2011
well that was a fail i tried making a new profile like i had said but i cant so im stuck with this on so i did try to post pokemon Dark Dusk but i dont think it worked soooo again i am going to repost my game under a different name if u have any recommendations on a name please tell me and i cant figure out how to post pictures on a post. it says insert a url but my pics are on my computer not the internet sooo...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
well that was a fail i tried making a new profile like i had said but i cant so im stuck with this on so i did try to post pokemon Dark Dusk but i dont think it worked soooo again i am going to repost my game under a different name if u have any recommendations on a name please tell me and i cant figure out how to post pictures on a post. it says insert a url but my pics are on my computer not the internet sooo...

Get a PhotoBucket account, upload your photos there and it'll give you a IMG code and you put that in a post and you image shall appear :3

You NEED to have 15 posts or more to do so though.

ツタージャ

Tsutarja - Snivy - Smugleaf
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
As DarkDoom300 said, change the name or cancel the project. You can't use this name, nor KingCharizard. Because this was taken as a ROM hack name and before you decide the project..

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
As DarkDoom300 said, change the name or cancel the project. You can't use this name, nor KingCharizard. Because this was taken as a ROM hack name and before you decide the project..

Names a name, doesn't matter if anyone uses it, cause one of the games wont get completed anyway.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Guys, I can't find the thread I posted on... It has my game idea, and I don't remember which thread I posted on. If you see a post on a thread by me, please contact meh. The game idea was called Pokémon Obsedian.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Guys, I can't find the thread I posted on... It has my game idea, and I don't remember which thread I posted on. If you see a post on a thread by me, please contact meh. The game idea was called Pokémon Obsedian.

I can guess that you thread was either deleted or not approved.
Either Ash is right, or maybe you should just go to your profile and view all the posts you've ever done and look through them. I mean, it's seriously not hard. Instead of wasting time making even more annoying posts on threads like this that are basically dead.

Back