• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

~CreamyChoco~

Happy new year to everyone
Years
Punctuation. Use it. Please.
Ok I will try to.
Sorry I am just have a bad Grammar.

Guys check out my Cousin's Pokemon Emerald.
He have been playing it for 4 years and finally he completed his Collection!
Here is the video he also owns Pokemon Leafgreen / Firered [The two games] and he completed them and traded them to Pokemon Emerald! I was amazed! and I felt sorry for my self because I only had a shiny Marill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUC2A6TQ6e0

I just saw a Pokemon Best Wishes Season 16 Episode 9 Goodbye junior cub and hello adventure.
After i was bored from Pokemon Emerald after my false a temp to get a shiny Pokemon @_@

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
HUZZAH!!! I finally got my first shiny that I've actively looked for, and it's also my first ever shiny starter! STANLEY! THE GOLDEN TORCHIC!

shinytorchic.jpg

I'm totally playing through Sapphire with this guy, but there's no way I'm evolving it. He's going to stay a cute little baby chick the whole game, regardless of how useful he ends up being. Was really happy I got a Serious nature too since I like the natures that don't modify stats. (serious, quirky, etc.)

This is what I was hunting for him on.
torchicbs.jpg

It's my old DS Lite, but just the bottom screen. My DS Lite had a broken top screen, so I set the gba to always appear on the bottom, and detached the top screen completely, and you have an amazing GBA. Only issue is you NEED headphones to hear the sound. I call it the "Nintendo BS" XD

I'm super happy I finally got this guy. Not sure where I'll hunt next, but I'll definitely keep hunting exclusively on Sapphire. Now that I've got a shiny starter, the hunt can REALLY begin. : )

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Congratulations on the shiny Torchic!

I've been slacking on soft resetting for my Gen II starter. I started up today after days of abandoning it. I have less ambition to find a shiny, though, considering my new games have every single shiny (including Arceus and Celebi) on it. T:

@TSE-
Oh? Thanks, I guess I'll keep hunting via MM then. (:

Years
HUZZAH!!! I finally got my first shiny that I've actively looked for, and it's also my first ever shiny starter! STANLEY! THE GOLDEN TORCHIC!

shinytorchic.jpg

I'm totally playing through Sapphire with this guy, but there's no way I'm evolving it. He's going to stay a cute little baby chick the whole game, regardless of how useful he ends up being. Was really happy I got a Serious nature too since I like the natures that don't modify stats. (serious, quirky, etc.)

This is what I was hunting for him on.
torchicbs.jpg

It's my old DS Lite, but just the bottom screen. My DS Lite had a broken top screen, so I set the gba to always appear on the bottom, and detached the top screen completely, and you have an amazing GBA. Only issue is you NEED headphones to hear the sound. I call it the "Nintendo BS" XD

I'm super happy I finally got this guy. Not sure where I'll hunt next, but I'll definitely keep hunting exclusively on Sapphire. Now that I've got a shiny starter, the hunt can REALLY begin. : )

WOAH! Congratulations! :D

I hate to post again so soon... But I have news too!
So, I got my Soulsilver in the post today and throughout the day I did 433 SRs. It got to time to go to bed, and I couldn't sleep, so I played catch with my sister after my friend on Facebook went to bed too. As I played, I did some light resets on the side, since I had my phone which has a fairly good camera, and a calculator to count. I said to my sister, "How cool would it be if I got a shiny now?!". Then she started to read, and I SRed some more, and told her to let me know when it got to 2am so I could force myself to go to sleep.

10 minutes later, who but shiny chikorita graced my screen?!? I loudly whispered, "SHINY! SHINY!" which I'd pretendded to do earlier, so my sister went "Sureeee..." lol! SO excited! In comparison to this I literally didn't react to zapdos haha!

Tl;dr I got a shiny chikorita while supposed to be asleep!

Pictures tomorrow (today actually haha). For now I'm going to hardcore RE train. Who knows if I'll get another shiny...? :D

EDIT:

@~CreamyChoco~
Sorry, somehow I forgot to mention and thought I had lol, but congrats on your Marril! I did watch and "like" your video ^^ It looks very pretty green! :D

Pictures:
Spoiler:

Lonely natured! He took 1,554 total pokemon seen (423 SRs!)

Last edited:

~CreamyChoco~

Years
Guys i wanted to know... is it possible to play a hacked version then umm... get a shiny in it and that shiny will be legit? i mean like Pokemon Light Platinum what if i found a shiny in it and caught it is that a shiny pokemon that i can show in the club and it will be legit or i have to get a original pokemon game? please answer fast

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Me personally, I wouldn't count it. It's way too easy to cheat on a hack, and a lot of hacks modify the encounter rate of shiny Pokemon. I'd say just play on the games you have. Having a high number of shiny Pokemon doesn't mean anything in this group. It's more about the hunt, so don't worry about how many shinies you have compared to other members. : )

An update to my hunts. My current goals are to get the other two Hoenn Starters on my Ruby cartridge, and level grind Shiny Torchic on Route 102 in Sapphire with the foolish dream of finding and catching a legit shiny Ralts. (Surskit, Poochyena or Lotad would be nice too)

By the way, the Shiny Hunters chat is empty far too often. People should occasionally stop by. : )

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Congratulations on the shiny Chikorita! I need to get my work done early today so I can do some SRing. I'm hoping for Totodile or Cyndaquil, considering I already have a shiny Bayleef from SRing.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Well take a look at Mr. Lucky! Yesterday I got my shiny Torchic, and I spent most of the time inbetween then and now level grinding him and playing through the game. I decided to halt progress and hunt for shinys on Jagged Pass because I would have liked any of the shinys in that area. (plus it's a rare area where you can't find Zubat or Zigzagoon) This time I kept track of how many encounters, and after only 680 encounters, look at what I caught!

shinymachop.jpg

It has an awesome nature, (+Special Defense / -Special Attack) I caught it in a Premier ball, and since it was a female Machop I called it "ABB-igail". (Get it?) I'm totally evolving it into Machamp. : )

Two days, two shinys, and two of the yearly quest requirements completed. To quote Mario RPG, "Things are looking up!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Well take a look at Mr. Lucky! Yesterday I got my shiny Torchic, and I spent most of the time inbetween then and now level grinding him and playing through the game. I decided to halt progress and hunt for shinys on Jagged Pass because I would have liked any of the shinys in that area. (plus it's a rare area where you can't find Zubat or Zigzagoon) This time I kept track of how many encounters, and after only 680 encounters, look at what I caught!

shinymachop.jpg

It has an awesome nature, (+Special Defense / -Special Attack) I caught it in a Premier ball, and since it was a female Machop I called it "ABB-igail". (Get it?) I'm totally evolving it into Machamp. : )

Two days, two shinys, and two of the yearly quest requirements completed. To quote Mario RPG, "Things are looking up!"

well, now i know where my shiny luck went. as of today, im in a three month drought, which kinda sucks

~CreamyChoco~

Years
i caught another shiny Marill after 3 days and 5 hours and 20 minutes of searching ... and a shiny volbeat >:)

Years
Since obtaining the shiny charm in black 2, I have caught 2 shiny piloswine, a shiny Noctowl, and a shiny nuzleaf. Currently masudo method breeding for a shiny koffing.... it looks sooo cool

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
well, now i know where my shiny luck went. as of today, im in a three month drought, which kinda sucks

If it makes you feel any better, I had a seven month drought of no shinys before I found these two. ^_^; I still haven't found anything in Viridian Forest even though I've almost done 10,000 encounters there. : (

Oh, and I had a question about the current monthly quest. by "capture" does that also mean hatch? I only have third gen games, so I can't really "catch" baby Pokemon. It'd be just as tough for me to do since there's no masuda method in these games.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Torchic and Machop, PekoponTAS! You can hatch baby Pokémon too.

Congrats on the shiny Chikorita, TSE! It's a good thing you put those pictures in a spoiler. :shocked:

Congrats on the shiny Marill and Volbeat, ~CreamyChoco~! What game did you catch them on? Pokémon caught on a hacked game do not count in the club.

Welcome to the club, ecskate! Congrats on the shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Baltoy!

Years
I had a dream I ran into a shiny yesterday.

It wasn't even a species that existed or found in a place that exists in any game. It was called "Aryary" or some something like that :I
I woke up right as I went to google it to find out what non-shiny versions look like.

~CreamyChoco~

Years
Congrats on the shiny Marill and Volbeat, ~CreamyChoco~! What game did you catch them on? Pokémon caught on a hacked game do not count in the club.
[/B]
Ummm well i caught 2 shiny Marills 1 from pokemon emerald and another from a hack Rom and the shiny volbeat is caught on a legal pokemon emerald so don't worry

I am bored and i broke my arm in school [A bully beat me up with his gang because i love pokemon]
Any way i have been trying to get a shiny Mewtwo from pokemon Firered and i failed lol a whole day have been wasted from now time for no reason Noononononoooooooo :S

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Sorry, i've been gone for a wile as I did a bit of a Shiny Hunting by myself, but I'm back! So I've just notice, but where's the monthly and yearly quest?

monthly and yearly are on page 804. : )

As for my current hunts, I'm currently stuck at Kyogre in Sapphire, so I'm playing through LeafGreen until I can soft reset in front of Hitmonchan. Both of my current shinys are fighting types, so I might as well see how long I can keep that up before breaking the combo. So far I've only just left Mt. Moon.

Back