• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D/P Max Potential Damage - Shuckle Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
Years
It's always been of interest to me, but what is the max potential damage a Pokemon can dish out? This, of course, going beyond the limits of HP (aka no strict-damage clause.) Well, I think I've found a potential answer: Shuckle!

Primary Team Requirements (Critical Hits not taken into account):

dpmba474.png

(Lead) (Lv: Unnecessary) Porygon-Z (M/F) @ No Item
Ability: Adaptibility
EVs: Unnecessary
IVs: Unnecessary
Nature: Unnecessary
- Unnecessary (Accounts for all four moves)

Only thing that matters here: ability. Porygon-Z's Adaptibility provides a x2 boost rather than the normal x1.5 boost on STAB. It's the core ability needed to reach what I believe is the max potential damage. (Huge Power/Pure Power abilities double the Atk stat, however, this effect gets cut in half when Skill Swapped.)

dpmba213.png

(Lv: 100) Shuckle (M/F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy/Gluttony
EVs: 252 Def/Unnecessary
IVs: 31 Def/Unnecessary
Nature: Preferably Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
- Acupressure
- Defense Curl
- Power Trick
- Rollout

Yep, the star of the show! I know what you're thinking... Choice Band?! Well, when I get to the Secondary Team it will make more sense. It's the core item needed to reach what I believe is the max potential damage.

Alright, here's how things will go down: Turn 1+: Acupressure so that accuracy becomes sufficient (for Rollout) and so that Atk/Def(?/not sure if max defense nulls out Defense Curl's effect on Rollout) are maxed. Turn ?: Defense Curl to double Rollout's power. Turn ?: Power Trick to swap Shuckle's Atk/Def. Turn ?: Rollout time!

Secondary Team Requirements (Critical Hits not taken into account):

dpmfa235.png

(Lead) (Lv: 100) Smeargle (M/F) @ Any Item (As long as it isn't hazardous to Shuckle and preferably isn't a choice item)
Ability: Own Tempo/Technician
EVs: Unnecessary
IVs: Unnecessary
Nature: Unnecessary
- Skill Swap
- Switcheroo/Trick
- Unnecessary (Accounts for remaining two moves)

Smeargle plays a big role in reaching what I believe is the max potential damage. Using Skill Swap turn 1, Smeargle will swap abilities with Porygon-Z; thus gaining Adaptibility. Porygon-Z is swapped out and Shuckle comes in; Smeargle will once again swap abilities with the incoming Shuckle, giving it Adaptibility. Smeargle will now proceed a continuous cycle of Switcheroo/Trick so that Shuckle can get set-up without Choice Band locking it into one move. Once Shuckle is set-up, Smeargle's duty is finished (just make sure that CB is on Shuckle in the end!)

dpmfa292.png

(Lv: 1) Shedinja x5 (No Gender) @ No Item
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: Unnecessary (Make sure there are 0/510 EVs)
IVs: 0 HP/0 Def/Unnecessary
Nature: Any with a -Def (Gentle, Hasty, Lonely, or Mild)

The fun part! After Shuckle has set up, swap out Smeargle for the infamous Shedinja. Shedinja will come out in a mass of 5 all to be dealt with by the unforgiving and unstoppable Rollout. Lowest Lv. is to make sure as much damage is dealt as possible (this goes for all 5 Shedinja.) (Note: Shedinja is used due to its pitiful 1 HP, bad Def, and Wonder Guard being broken by Rollout.)

Decimal Accurate Damage Calculations (in terms of HP/not %):

Lv. 100 Shuckle's final resulting Atk stat = 3,684 Atk (614 * 4 = 2,456 * 1.5 = 3,684)

Lv. 1 Shedinja's final resulting HP/Def stat = 1 HP/4 Def

Lv. 100 Shuckle's Rollout damage vs Lv. 1 -Def 0/HP 0/Def Shedinja (with Choice Band, Defense Curl, and Adaptibility STAB boost taken into account):

- 1st hit: Min: 177,762 Avg: 193,327.32 Max: 208,891.5

- 2nd hit: Min: 355,516.5 Avg: 386,646.3 Max: 417,774

- 3rd hit: Min: 711,027 Avg: 773,284.26 Max: 835,539

- 4th hit: Min: 1,422,048 Avg: 1,546,560.195 Max: 1,671,070.5

- 5th hit: Min: 2,844,090 Avg: 3,093112.065 MPD: 3,342,133.5

(Note: Rollout has a maximum hit rate of 5 turns @ 90% accuracy which is increased by Acupressure's ability to increase accuracy amount.)

There it is! However, It's not finished yet. Later I will right the crit. method and double battle/double battle crit. method. Until then, any comments, concerns, etc.?

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
Years
Wow that was long but an ace Way to deal Damage But i think the game would just crash have you tried it yet?

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
Years
Wow that was long but an ace Way to deal Damage But i think the game would just crash have you tried it yet?

I have 2 agree with P Sam on this one. If U can pull it off, I have no don't shuckle would be an unstopable force. But the chances of U pulling it off R... Let's just say it's very unlikely. Peace!

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
Years
Heh, to be honest, I've never actually tried it. There's a Shoddy Battle video on Youtube that I watched which helped inspire me for this idea. However, in that video, I noted that a lot of things weren't taken into account and that not as much damage was produced as possible. (Ex. Skill Swap was used on a Pokemon with Pure Power, but as noted, Pure Power's effect is cut when Skill Swapped.) That's why I made this.

The scenario I wrote would probably be best used on a program like Shoddy, but alas, I can't have two Shoddy accounts... so I'm at a bit of a roadblock for actual testing. I'm fairly certain it works, though.

And lol, in terms of this actually being pulled off naturally is like 0.000...% XD It definately requires another person who is willing to help Shuckle set-up.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
(Lv: 100) Shuckle (M/F) @ Choice Band

Stopped reading there, tells me everthing i need to know about this thread lol.

Actually, i did read it and it requires way too much set up to even work. Really anything with taunt owns this too. Also by Power tricking, you make its def pitiful which makes it incredibly hard to set up, even if you have defense curl and accupressure. Really any competent player wont let you set up that may times regardles. Something like this also doesnt warrant a whole thread imo. >;

~Thread Closed~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back