• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Lunar and Solar versions.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
OK I've decided to finally post a topic on it even though it's still early in the works. It is using my pokemon system which was initially created for these games anyways. Here are some screeneth shoteths.

3rd%20screenie%20of%20pokemon%20lunar.png

1st%20screenie%20of%20pokemon%20lunar.png

They are pretty old shots but the game itself is on its way. The plot is also ebing constantly worked on and I will only slowly leak info on it every so often as I don't want to give it away. It is more story driven than other pokemon games, meaning your hero talks.

Also there will 90 pokemon 101 pokemon altogether. 90 in each version meaning some are version exclusive. Although i might add a secret one in somewhere to give the game a mew/celebi type feel.

The battle system uses the real damage, speed, experience formulaes and such too. Here is alist of the pokemon in the game:

Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Chikorita
Bayleaf
Meganuim
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Spinda
Lickitung
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Gulpin
Swalot
Pineco
Forretress
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Bellossom
Murkrow
Pochyena
Mightyena
Magnemite
Magneton
Meditite
Medicham
Vulpix
Ninetails
Solrock (solar only)
Lunatone (lunar only)
Kabuto (lunar only)
Kabutops (lunar only)
Lileep (solar only)
Cradily (solar only)
Mareep
Flaffy
Ampharos
Eevee
Espeon (solar only)
Umbreon (lunar only)
Vaporeon
Flareon
Jolteon
Feebas
Milotic
Shellder (lunar only)
Cloyster (lunar only)
Staryu (solar only)
Starmie (solar only)
Swinub
Piloswine
Snorunt
Glalie
Pinser
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Heracross
Magmar
Numel
Camerupt
Ryhorn
Rydon
Treeko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Eggxecute
Eggxegutor
Nidoran F (lunar only)
Nidorina (lunar only)
Nidoqueen (lunar only)
Nidoran M (solar only)
Nidorino (solar only)
Nidoking (solar only)
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Onix
Steelix
Nosepass
Gligar
Quilfish
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Drowzee
Hypno
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Misdreavus
Farfetch'd
Articuno
Raikou
Registeel
Mew
Groudon (solar only)
Kyogre (lunar only)

The first 9 pokemon are your starters and their evolutions. Also the new region is called Epheen. Anyways I'm thinking of having the level up moves different from the real game any ideas on that front would be good. Anyways, enjoy?

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
:o lost of pokemon, do you already have those in you CBS or are you going to put those in your CBS?

anyway looking good, you micht want to changes some gafics, BG looks a bit dull and the text box is a but blurry.(see attachments for better versions :P)

PM if you need some grafics, I might have something you like :).

BTW: the name is already taken by someone http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3453&highlight=Pokemon+Lunar

=EDIT=

Rofl, dawson and I posted at the same time :P

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Lunar and Solar were the names of DM's Pokemon games, I'm not too certain if he's still working on them though.

The screenshots are decent, the 3 mailboxes and the sign post look weird in that position though. Shouldn't the mailboxes be next to the houses? The CBS looks good, I'm assuming that the stat bars are only temporary though. I don't understand why you've made some Pokemon version-specific since there's no way to trade between the two versions, and nobody will play them both anyway.

Anyway, you've made a great start. Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
DM PMed me about the title (without me saying anything) and said I could use the names. And about the version exclusives. You can't trade no but it makes it so people choose the version they like the pokemon of. Also the grpahics are from the gamer so they are OK more or less. The whole background is just a panorama though and changes when you press enter on fight or items or whatever.

@funnybunny

No only the starters are in the CBS at the moment (except I'm not quite done with charmander yet).

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
I know, it takes ages to all those if statements and variables, me, I'm too lazy to do them, lol.

On Topic:Are they gonna be any shinys in it? And also, what's the story line?

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Great screens! Only thing I would say is to add more detail and listen to what Dawson said above. :D I also liked the way you planned the pokemon out. Nothing's wrong with your CBS, except that the only thing bothering me is the plain look to the health bars.

Btw, keep up the good work!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Hm... well, nice screenies, the town looks empty, I suggest you fill that up.
The CBS is great, but, it isn't that attractive, the Status Images are plain, liven them up a bit.

Good luck on this project. ^^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
Yeah alot of people say that about the status things. How do you think i could imrpove them? And datriot the list isn't completely final yet.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
It's okay, but I think the background needs alot of work, and the colour of the windows are a but ugly. And you should also put something like Health:19/23 or something like that.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
It's better, but still not that attractive. Why don't you put some HP Bars, and as datriot said, like "19/24" or something. You should sapice it up a bit. Make it look attractive.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Why not make it like the original pokemon battle? I don't see anything what is wrong with that?

Anyway it is nice to see more and more better people are coming to this forum.:)

Keep it up

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
That is because I did the font with pixels. Using normal font doesn't work to well in small writing when using image editing programs.

Back