• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official POKéMON Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Welcome to official guide for...
10ymhwy.png

:...:Capability:...:
Pokemon dark cry: the legend of giratina alpha 2.1.5

:...:Warning:...:
Before you play POKéMON Dark Cry the legend of giratina be aware that your RTC has been activated! You're able to do this by the following steps Options-->Emulator-->Real Time Clock!

Getting started!
After since the first alpha release has been lauched, I hope to reach that questions about your advanture in Trion will get posted here! The official thread still remains open for updates and progress. Might of you will think "Why launch a guide? The hack isn't so far yet?" it's a start for all of you who's stuck =3! (so the main thread remains clean for updates and progress only...)

Main Characters!

Elize:
She's how you say it... One of a kind! She might be strange but honest! She's the one who has convinced you that you're known as the chosen one!
Follow your quest to show her that you're ready or disappoint her by joining the evil corporation: Team Rocket!

Team Rocket:
While its main focus is stealing or capturing, then selling, rare and strong Pokémon, it also funds and conducts cruel experimental research on Pokémon. Their oath, as posted on the wall of one of their many bases, is "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket." Their ultimate goal is to take over the world using Pokémon.

Flin, John Flin:
An older brother of Morris who are both obsessed with ancient mysteries! First time you encounter him, he'll tell you more about the legendary flame dog, ENTEI!
Once chosen to follow his quest to this ancient POKéMON, he'll guide you and lead you to its shelter. Furthermore, there isn't any information about him!

Laura:
She's, beleve it or not, the youngest myth-explorer of the Trion region! First time you meet her, she'll tell you more about the majestic aura dog, SUICUNE!
Once chosen to follow her quest to this majestic POKéMON, she'll guide you and lead you to its shelter. Furthermore, there isn't any information about her!

Missions!

Lets make this guide unique, together! I'll not write the guide alone... You'll write with me without even knowing you're doing it! How? You ask!?
Simple, here are the rules!

Once you encounterd a mission that hasn't been found by someone else before, place it in the comment section! Your post will be linked to the mission you found with the necessary information!
Every comment need to be vailid with the following information:

Code:
[B]Mission name[/B]: ...
[B]Name person[/B]: ...
[B]Location[/B]: ...
[B]Description[/B]: ...
[B]Solution[/B]: ...
[B]Reward[/B]: ... [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Silver"](Name and image)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[B]Screenshot (location)[/B]: ...

Missions discovered so far:
Mission: The lost mushrooms!
Chain Mission: Morris!
Chain Mission: Carlos!

One off/Legendary POKéMON!

Once you encounterd a (one off/legendary) POKéMON that hasn't been found by someone else before, place it in the comment section! Your post will be linked to the POKéMON you found/discovered with the necessary information!
Every comment need to be vailid with the following information:

Code:
[B]POKéMON name[/B]: ...
[B]Obtained from[/B]: ...
[B]Location[/B]: ...
[B]Description[/B]: ...
[B]Screenshot (location)[/B]: ...

POKéMON discovered so far:

Walkthroughs!
Let me keep this clear and simple! You're free to create a walktrough from this hack! Simply post your channel (video) and your walktrough will get added. If it's possible I prefer with voice (talking)!
Now I don't know if he's from here but this the first channel I came accros on youtube. Might more will follow!

Thanks to: himynameisiknow
Pokemon DarkCry - Legend of Giratina Alpha Ep.1 - The Amazing Pichu
Pokemon DarkCry - Legend of Giratina Alpha Ep.2 - SUPER NERD GARY
Pokemon DarkCry - Legend of Giratina Alpha Ep.3 - STUPID TRAPS
Pokemon DarkCry - Legend of Giratina Alpha Ep.4 - More Trap Failure
Pokemon DarkCry - Legend of Giratina Alpha Ep.5 - DUMB STICKY KEYS
Pokemon DarkCry - Legend of Giratina Alpha Ep.6 - INTO THE TORN WORLD
Pokemon DarkCry - Legend of Giratina Alpha Ep.7 - The First Gym Leader
Pokemon DarkCry - Legend of Giratina Alpha Ep.8 - The End for now?

Thanks to: Dylanrockin
Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina - Walkthrough Episode 1: Testing

Thanks to: FusedFulkron
Pokemon Dark Cry: Legend Of Giratina Walkthrough - Episode 1 - Rival battle
Pokemon Dark Cry: Legend Of Giratina Walkthrough - Episode 2 - Mount Hydronic!
Pokemon Dark Cry: Legend Of Giratina Walkthrough - Episode 3 - How to do the traps
Pokemon Dark Cry: Legend Of Giratina Walkthrough - Episode 4 - The Distortion World!
Pokemon Dark Cry: Legend Of Giratina Walkthrough - Episode 5 - Team Rocket

Thanks to: ThePhantom321SH
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina #1 :: It Was All Just A Dream...
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina #2 :: Stupid Traps!!!
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina #3 :: Meowth That's Right!!!
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina #4 :: You Have Another Potion?!?!?!
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina #5 :: Side Quests
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina #6 :: More Side Quests...
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina #7 :: Team Rocket?
Let's Play Pokemon Dark Cry the Legend of Giratina #8 :: A New Town!!!
Let's Play Pokemon Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina #9 :: Carlos The Miner
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina #10 :: The End Of The Series For Now :(
Let's Play Pokémon Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina #11 :: The Majestic Beast

So far this should be the official support thread! I hope this will become a great succes! (Attemp to decrease spam in update/progress thread)

Last edited:

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Mission name:
Where is that item?!
Name person:
Kayla
Description:
Kayla is a meteorologist. She lost her meteor detector somewhere. But I guess due some weird alzheimer she doesn't know where...
Solution:
Its located at route 601!
Reward:
TM04
Bag_TM_Normal_Sprite.png

Screenshot (location):
23jkhlg.png

Press "A" here

(This is just a example, This is your change to become a part from the guide! Report your one-off POKéMON or mission before you're to late!)

Last edited:

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Mission name:
The lost mushrooms!
Name person:
Old man (no specific name)
Description:
He's a old man who lost his ability to walk! How you wonder? He once visited Purity Forest to collect mushrooms. When suddenly a PARAS, that was hiding in the ground, became scared and paralyzed him. He now ask you to collect five mushrooms for him!
Solution:
Collect the 5 mushrooms! These are hidden in Purity Forest!
Reward:
Repeat Ball(s)
Repeat_Ball.PNG

Screenshot (location):
j9vif6.png

Rare pokémon:
46-frame1.png

Level: 7
Held Item:
tinymushroom.png

(This is just a example, This is your change to become a part from the guide! Report your one-off POKéMON or mission before you're to late!)

Last edited:

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Chain Mission: Carlos!

Mission name:
Return the old hammer!
Name person:
Carlos
Description:
He's a hinker that once heard of the Xanateos Cave its hidden entrance! He's determined to find this place at all costs! Sadly enough, he lost his hammer due a weird earthquake that occurred during his expedition through the Xanateos cave! He ask you to return it!
Solution:
Find his hammer!
Reward:
Trion token(s) (I know its a nugget sprite)
Bag_Nugget_Sprite.png

Screenshot (location):
179tds.png

Mission name:
An unforgettable loss!
Name person:
Carlos
Description:
He's a hinker that once heard of the Xanateos Cave its hidden entrance! He's determined to find this place at all costs! Sadly enough, he lost his pickaxe at a unkown different location!
Solution:
Find his pickaxe
Reward:
Bag_Nugget_Sprite.png

Screenshot (location):
facsqb.png

Mission name:
The moment has been arrived!
Name person:
Carlos
Description:
He's a hinker that once heard of the Xanateos Cave its hidden entrance! He's determined to find this place at all costs! Sadly enough, he's to old to mine any further! You should help him by pressing the correct key combination!
Solution:
Solve the braille puzzle!
Reward:
New Area!
Bag_Town_Map_III_Sprite.png

Unlocked Area:
1vgp0.png

Last edited:

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Mission name:
There is a fish on my hook!
Name person:
Carl
Description:
Carl is a fisherman. He's a person who failed to capture a MAGIKARP over a thousand times. With other simple words, he asks you to capture a MAGIKARP for him...
Solution:
Capture a MAGIKARP!
Reward(s):
Old rod
oldrod.png

500$
icon_cash.gif

Screenshot (location):
1zg98r4.png

Last edited:

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Mission name:
A race against time!
Name person:
Vendor
Description:
He's a simple vendor that lives in Atlernion City. He asks you to bring the following package to prof. Rowan! Once given to the prof. you should return to the vendor and hand over the money that rowan has given you!
Solution:
Bring the package to rowan within the time limit and return to the vendor!
Reward(s):
Nugget
Bag_Nugget_Sprite.png
or Moo moo milk(s)
moomoo-milk.png

Screenshot (location):
sxn7eb.png

Last edited:

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Chain Mission: Morris

Mission name:
Explore the misterious tomb Kha'laba
Name person:
Morris
Description:
Morris is... an explorer! Since they discoverd this tomb strange and magnificent stories were told! The last person who walked in said he saw alphabetical POKéMON. After since people often claimed that they saw this POKéMON appear! After some resources he discoverd that this POKéMON could be called: UNOWN!
Solution:
Solve the ancient puzzle!
2mfjdio.png

Reward:
New Area!
Bag_Town_Map_III_Sprite.png

Unlocked Area:
mtrnkj.png

Mission name:
Find the old chart!
Name person:
Morris
Description:
You should seek for a chart! Since morris don't own any POKéMON, it wouldn't be smart if he'd run around and explore this area, right?
Solution:
Find the old chart and return to morris
Reward:
-NONE-
Screenshot (location):
264gzo4.png

Rare Ghost:
LitGhost.png

Level: 6-17
Held Item: Unknown!

Mission name:
The hidden power!
Name person:
Morris
Description:
This chart says that once you've found the Purple crystal of faith, you're able to capture wild UNOWN... It should be located at the ground floor!
Solution:
Find the Purple crystal of faith
Reward:
Bag_Nugget_Sprite.png

Screenshot (location):
2kkktz.png

Rare Pokémon:
201v.png

Level: 5
Held Item: Unknown!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2017
im having trouble finding the three ingrediants to the shadow tag . i dont have any of them .. any help would be greatly apprecitaed

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
I stucked on Tomb Kha'la, when he completing his rope : (, it's always dislay 32 second, he can't do it, but i let it run for 4 HOURS. then return but it still 32 second. :( pls help me. i dont wanna die in this tomb. @@

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Please don't bump threads over a month old.

Closing. mitchel1, if you'd wish for this to be reopened for another update please PM myself or another smod (or if a mod exists by that time for this section them) and we'll do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back