• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC likes you.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm kinda curious. Seeing as we have it implemented in posts, would it be much to ask for it to be added to the blog posts and comments as well? Or would that be way too much to do?
That would be amazing. Blog posts would actually be my preferred thing to like, as blog posts are normally better/more thought out than just regular forum posts and can pertain to anything, so random, off-topic things find their home more quaintly in blogs. +1 for the button in blogs

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
^I agree with this.

Are there any plans to add a stat to the profile to see how many likes a person has received?

Not as far as I know. When we were discussing the system before, we wanted to keep it as far away from a 'rep'-style system as we could. Accumulating Likes (or any other quantitative information on how subjectively 'good' a user's posts are) on a profile is a sort of similar thing to rep and so it's a bit of a dangerous area for us.

Years
Clicking the post number link makes the like button "reset" and shows no likes. If you click like it says You and others like this post. Clicking others just refreshes the page. Its a minor bug but a bug nonetheless, just in case you want to fix it :3

edit: i liked the post to test. if you like on the post number link button it still counts as a like.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ok, can I ask this at least: is there anyone else who is unable to make this feature work or is it really just me? o.o Maybe I should ask someplace else since everyone in this thread seems to have it working.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ok, can I ask this at least: is there anyone else who is unable to make this feature work or is it really just me? o.o Maybe I should ask someplace else since everyone in this thread seems to have it working.

Hey Rika, try logging our and back in again. Or hard refresh with ctrl + f5. One of those should work, or change between a few styles. If none of those work then I'm boggled as to what the problem could be.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ok, I tried, Gavin. I'll just accept the fact that it doesn't work for me xD I'll stop complaning now :P

Cid

Years
I don't think I've ever posted here before. Anyway, I'm happy that this has been introduced. Apart from showing that you like a certain post, it's a nifty way of showing you've read the post, too. You get to do all that jazz without having to make a post or a VM in reply, so it's versatile and efficient. Thanks for implementing this feature guys! :D

Oh and 2,100th post.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Thanks for adding it to the User CP. It gives me a reason to stroke me eeeeee-----go. :)

Edit: I can see who left post comments to me again. Is it supposed to be like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Yay! \o/
Finally xD This system is working out so well ;o
Great job! (It's kinda weird saying that cause I couldn't do something like this for the life of me lol, but I don't really mean it in that sense, just admiration per se :3)

TwoDice

I'm a total noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
This is a really cool feature :D It's almost like facebook ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I doubt this is supposed to happen.

Spoiler:

Back