• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I decided to make some with that generator.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
So I should put: "Pokemon" Subtype Monsters

Meh, Just Pokémon monsters without the quotations or any other stuff should work; same principle as Tuner Monster or Spirit Monster.

:P Yep but the "Plate" Cards are also Equip Spells. I haven't thought of how much they will increase the ATK and/or DEF by but they can only be equipped to a certain attribute. e.g. Zap Plate can only be equipped to Light attribute and Splash Plate only for Water attribute. But they can all be equipped to Arceus. Only one can be equipped at a time though, and changes Arceus' attribute. Arceus is originally a Light attribute, but equipped with the Dread Plate, and it becomes a Dark attribute. :)
And I think there's cards that can add an equip spell from your deck to your hand. And I know there's Magician of Faith, which brings a Spell Card from your graveyard to your hand when it's flipped. And to make it even worse...Arceus and all plates are Limited like Exodia. 1 of each card per deck :D
Oh and don't forget about Arceus' cost effect. 700 Life Points every Standby Phase.
2 "Solemn Wishes" will go well with Arceus. Effect: "You gain 500 Life Points when you draw a card (or cards)."
2 of them will make it 1000 ;)

And I want to commit three on-field monsters, protect two sucky continuous traps in my backrow, and put five ridiculously conditional equip spells in my deck, because..?

Seriously, the point here is not whether or not Arceus' weaks can be covered but whether doing so is worth the effort. In this case, it's not. I'd be committing an insane amount of deckspace to cards with a very low probability of helping me outside of a win condition with very poor odds of ever being pulled off. Yes, you can use both Fairy of the Spring and Iron Blacksmith Kotetsu to search for equips, but that's committing even more deckspace to cards with no value outside of that one combination. (Tried figuring out your chances of summoning a three-tribute monster with your hand clogged down by equips? Or, alternatively, summoning that monster and keeping it on the field for enough turns to dig up the equips? The average lifespan of a card on the field is still one turn, you know. :\) No, just no. If I want an instant win, Exodia is still just plain easier in every way. If I want a big tribute monster, then Plasma, Light and Darkness Dragon, and even Ancient Gear Golem are all better options with easier requirements. Just the 3000 Atk with nothing more or less can be pulled off even easier by running Blue-Eyes and a handfull of vanilla support. There is simply nothing Arceus can do that other cards won't do better with less investment. Hence, Arceus = not worth playing. :\

Oh, and Magician of Faith is banlisted by the way, as is Dark Magician of Chaos, so right now the only legal means of direct spell recursion are Magical Stone Excavation and Spell Reproduction, both of which are three-for-one trades.

Dread Plate: Eww...weak. And resricted in its use. Really, equip spells require a lot to their name to be worth playing (think United We Stand, Premature Burial, D.D.R.) and lukewarm atk or def boosts just aren't it. Exodia is still looking a lot more appealing. D:

Koleros: Interesting concept, but there's a problem here...if it's treated as a fire monster then it's also viable for being special summoned from the graveyard, which would result in a tremendous ruling glitch. And what if we remove one for Phantom of Chaos' effect? You should add some kind of effect to prevent that. Other than that, it's a weaker Rush Recklessly, but it's the fire monster imitation effect we'd run this for anyway.

Sanguinus: Same issue as above, but probably more applicable since nerfed Enemy Controler > nerfed Rush. Works well enough.

Melankas: Ehh...unless there is some very big effect we reap for those earth monsters, I'd rather just go with either of the above. This is like a seriously weakened Burden of the Mighty. :x

Flemia: Hmm...anti-Shrink? Again, not terribly useful effect unless we specifically need that 'count-as-a-monster' thing for something.

Berith, Alchemic Fiend: So, basically it's tribute this to summon one level four or lower monster from your graveyard. As spiffy as all of the rest sounds, it really doesn't make any difference effect-wise. Meh, I suppose it's good for Stratos spam and the occasional other 'on summon' effect monsters, but I'm not sure I'd bother since this one isn't exactly teeming with hadny ways to be summoned. Ehh...interesting enough, at least.

Hydrargyrum: Ummm...is it okay to say flippin' crazy? There's no limit to how many times per turn you can do the quadrupling thing, so just imagine what this would do in combo with...oh...a field full of goat tokens? (256 x 600 Atk? Uh-huh...) This is just...Fox Fire on steroids, really. Needs major toning down.

Salinas the Solid: Obvious target being Salinas itself here, seeing as how it won't be attacking anyway. Yay for free tribute fodder? Not to mention synchro fodder? And whoa, free beatstick muscle too, if you have a suitable target. xx This thing could make ugly things happen very quickly, especially as it can churn out those tokens without a care in the world, given that it doesn't even slow down your offensive. Need some nerf nao, please.

Brimstone Beast: You never specified where the card is added. Anyway, I'm going to cry for balance again. This thing is passable muscle that can then proceed to hide from counterattacks while simultaneously padding your hand with fresh monsters from your deck. Just...rampant CA generation. xx Remove the revival and it's fine, though.

Paracelsus: Saline tokens ftw? Free burn all the time with that, basically. It's okay on its own, though; it's saline who's pushing it. D:

Lead Golem: Tribute fodder. No larger complaints here.

Aurum Golem: Well, it's big...but that's about where the benefits end, seeing as how it's big enough to basically make the self-protection a moot anyway. Dunno', I think I'd rather just cycle the lead golems back into my deck and go on another tribute spree instead.

Philosopher's Stone: and that decision is supported precisely by this sort of thing. This does very nasty things given the way you can spam tribute effects. This would also make Mind Master OTKO a reality. All you need is this combined with Mind Master and one other psychic monster on your field (okay, 13 other psychis in your deck too, or less with a recycling card at hand), after that it's just tribute and summon until your opponent drops.

Solace in the Shadows: Dark World's best buddy? Go ahead; hit me. I have a Silva/Goldd/Kahki/Reign-Beaux/Insert-favorite-dark-worlder-here with your name on it. >D Other than that, I only really see this as being played as quick draw power for an OTKO deck, or one of those extreme burn variants that play out their hands immediately anyway.

Doom: All I can say is good luck trying to keep this around enough for serious benefit. I can see the equipped monster getting tagged out or tributed long before this gets to trigger, really. :x

Glyph of the Immortal: Helping hand for Lightsworn? Possibly zombie also? Meh, don't really see any other decktypes enjoying such reckless self-mill, and even those probably wouldn't like tributing a monster for the pleasure.

Anywho, since I've been reading way too much fairy tail and just decided that a monster theme built on the zodiac would be cool...xD

The Cautious - Capricorn
Beast-Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Earth
900 Atk / 2200 Def

Once per turn, when a card you control is selected as the target of a card effect, you can remove the top card of your Deck from play. If the card removed by this effect is of the same Type (Spell, Trap, or Monster) as the card targeting your card, negate the activation and effect of that card and remove it from play.

The Cunning - Scorpio
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1100 Atk / 1700 Def

Once per turn, you can remove the top card of your Deck from play. If the card removed by this effect is a Normal Trap Card, you can activate its effect during your opponent's next turn.

The Forceful - Taurus
Beast Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1600 Atk / 1400 Def

Once per turn, you may remove the top card of your Deck from play to have this card gain 200 Atk until the End Phase. If the card removed by this effect is a Monster Card, this card gains 1000 Atk until the End Phase instead.

The Rebellious - Aquarius
Aqua/Effect
8 Star/Wind
2700 Atk / 2100 Def

Once per turn, by removing one card in your Hand from play, check all face-down cards on the Field then return all cards of the same Type (Spell, Trap, or Monster) as the removed card from the Field to their owners' Decks and shuffle them.

The Just - Libra

Fairy/Effect
8 Star/Air
2650 Atk / 2650 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, the player with more cards on their Field removes cards on their Field from play until the number of cards on both players' Fields is the same.

The Mindful - Virgo
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1000 Atk / 1800 Def

Once per turn, you can remove one card from your Hand or Field from play. Until the end of the turn, your opponent can not activate or apply the effect(s) of any cards of the same type (Spell, Trap, or Monster) as the card removed by this effect.

The Persistent - Aries
Beast Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1700 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card battles with a Defense Position Monster but doesn't destroy it, you can remove the top card of your Deck from play to switch the Defense Position Monster this card battled with into Attack Position. Then, this card attacks that Monster once again in a row.

The Proud - Leo
Beast Warrior/Effect
5 Star/Fire
2000 Atk / 1800 Def

When this card Battles with an Attack Position Monster, you can remove one card in your Hand from play to make the Atk of this card equal to the Atk of the Monster it battles with plus 500 points for Damage Calculation only.

The Tenacious - Cancer
Aqua/Effect
4 Star / Water
1500 Atk / 1800 Def

Once per turn, you can remove the top card of your Deck from play to negate the destruction of this card once.

The Truthful - Sagittarius
Beast Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1800 Atk / 800 Def

Once per turn, you can remove one Monster you control from play. If you do, this card can attack your opponent directly this turn.

The Selfless - Pisces
Fish/Effect
2 Star/Water
1100 Atk / 1300 Def

By removing the top card of your Deck from play, Special Summon one "Pisces Token" (Fish-Type/WATER/Level 1/550 Atk/ 650 Def) to your Field. "Pisces Token" can not attack or change its Battle Position and can not be offered as tribute except for a Tribute Summon where this card is also offered as tribute. During the End Phase, destroy all "Pisces Tokens" Special Summoned this turn.

The Versatile - Gemini
Fairy/Effect
3 Star/Wind
1400 Atk / 900 Def

Once per turn, you can remove one Effect Monster in your Hand from play to activate the effect of that Monster, treating the effect of that card as this card's. (The activation timing for that effect must still be met)

And just because I feel like it...something just generally D.D.

Dimension Break

Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares an attack against a Monster you control. Remove both Monsters from play without applying Damage Calculation. When this card is removed from play without being activated, select one card your opponent controls and remove it from play.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Let's forget about those Alchemy cards >_o
I don't want to balance / finish the set.

Solace in the Shadows: Dark World's best buddy? Go ahead; hit me. I have a Silva/Goldd/Kahki/Reign-Beaux/Insert-favorite-dark-worlder-here with your name on it. >D Other than that, I only really see this as being played as quick draw power for an OTKO deck, or one of those extreme burn variants that play out their hands immediately anyway.

Doom: All I can say is good luck trying to keep this around enough for serious benefit. I can see the equipped monster getting tagged out or tributed long before this gets to trigger, really. :x

Glyph of the Immortal: Helping hand for Lightsworn? Possibly zombie also? Meh, don't really see any other decktypes enjoying such reckless self-mill, and even those probably wouldn't like tributing a monster for the pleasure.

Everything was intended, really. I could lower Doom to 2, but, meh.
Glyph of the Immortal was initially going to be designed for Reptile, but I decided I hate Venom decks.

And because I felt like cheating...?

Itheron the Primal Monarch
Warrior / Fusion / Effect
10 Stars / DARK
2400 / 1200

Any Monarch + Any Monarch

This card can only be Summoned by Fusion Summon. If this card is Fusion Summoned, the Fusion Material monsters must be the correct ones and the two monsters used to Summon it must be face-up on the field. When this card is successfully Summoned, apply the effects of the Fusion Material monsters used to Summon it (or however you would phrase it so you get to reuse the Monarch effects -____-). While this card is face-up on the field, its gains the Attribute of the two monsters used to Fusion Summon it.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Alrighty, then. Duly forgotten.

Mind you, Doom could also be improved by adding some additional effect like 'The Monster equipped with this card can not be offered as tribute." or something to it to make it a bit trickier to dispose of. :3

Itheron the Primal Monarch: this part "If this card is Fusion Summoned, the Fusion Material monsters must be the correct ones" is not necessary. Since you specified "Monarch Monsters" rather than any specific monsters, fusion substitutes other than Prisma won't work anyway and Prisma would not be beneficial since it doesn't have a monarch effect for this to use. As for the second part, that should be "Activate the effects of both Fusion Material Monsters" since monarchs use ignition effects rather than continuous ones (which are the ones that would be 'applied'). So...basically this is recycling the effects of already summoned monarchs for another go? Eh, not too wild about it since they have to be specifically on the field to begin with and you actually lose out on the muscle, not to mention the trouble of fitting the required fusion support into your deck (Random Fusion Gate ftw? oO), but then I'm not a big fan of monarchs anyway. *shrug*

And now, from one thing to the third...

Ojama Sage
Beast/Fusion/Effect
5 Star/Dark
0 Atk / 2500 Def

"Ojama Black" + "Ojama Green"

Once per turn, you can discard one card from your Hand to add one "Oja" Spell Card from your Graveyard to your Hand.

Ojamerization
Normal Spell

Return Fusion Material Monsters listed on an "Ojama" Fusion Monster from your Hand, Field, or Graveyard to your Deck in order to Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.

Ojamorphosis
Equip Spell

Tribute one "Ojama Black", "Ojama Green", or "Ojama Yellow" you control to activate this card. Special Summon one Level 6 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck and equip it with this card. When this face-up card is removed from the Field, return the Monster this card was equipped to to your Extra Deck and Special Summon the Monster you tributed for this card's effect from your Graveyard.

Pride of Oja
Continuous Trap

When an "Ojama" Monster you control is destroyed, you can Special Summon one "Ojama Black", "Ojama Green", or "Ojama Yellow" from your Deck in Attack Position.

And a bit of this and that since I feel like touching this other theme up too.

Reaper Scythe (revamp)
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a "Reaper" Monster. Increase the Atk of the Monster equipped with this card by 500. Whenever a card(s) is sent to your opponent's Graveyard as a result of the equipped Monster's effect, reveal cards from the top of your opponent's Deck until you find a Monster Card, then discard that Monster Card and return the rest of the cards to your opponent's Deck in their original order. When this card is sent to your Graveyard, you can send the top card of your Deck to your Graveyard to return this card to the top of your Deck.

Reaper Ailin
Fiend/Effect
5 Star/Wind
2000 Atk / 800 Def

This card can attack your opponent directly. If it does so using this effect, your opponent can send any number of cards from their Hand to the Graveyard to reduce Battle Damage from that attack by 1000 for each card sent.

Reaper Bantral
Fiend/Effect
7 Star/Water
2700 Atk / 2150 Def

During each End Phase, Special Summon all "Reaper" Monsters that were destroyed and sent to your Graveyard this turn to your Field. Whenever a Monster would be Special Summoned by this effect, your opponent can send a number of cards equal to that Monster's Level from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard to negate that Special Summon.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
But I wanna play too, Mommy! XD

Summon Drive
Continuous Spell
Once per turn, select any four "Shikigami" monsters from your deck and show them to your opponent. Your opponent selects one and adds it to your hand. The rest are returned to the deck. If this card is destroyed, send all "Shikigami" monsters in your hand to the graveyard.

In Reflect
Normal Trap
When a "Shikigami" monster you control would be targeted by a card effect, switch the target to one of your opponent's monsters instead.

Shikigami: Byakko no Kogenta
Monster/Wind/Beast-Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1900/Def 1200
When this monster would be destroyed, send one "In" or "Shikigami" card from your hand to the graveyard, and it is not destroyed.

Shikigami: Moumutsuu no Mugyu
Monster/Fire/Fiend/Effect/5*
Atk 1700/ Def 2100
When this monster would be destroyed, you may destroy one of your spell or trap cards instead. By sending one "In" card from your hand to the graveyard, you can select one of your opponent's monsters and deal damage to them equal to half the combined Atk and Def of that monster.

In Fist
Normal Spell
Select one "Shikigami" monster you control. That monster cannot attack this turn. Destroy one card on the field.

In Cutting: Da!
Normal Spell
You can add this card from your deck to your hand instead of conducting your draw phase. You can only add one "In" card from your deck to your hand per turn in this way.

In Cutting: Ri!
Normal Spell
You can add this card from your deck to your hand instead of conducting your draw phase. You can only add one "In" card from your deck to your hand per turn in this way.

In Cutting: Shin!
Normal Spell

In Cutting: Kan!
Normal Spell

Sure-Kill Technique!
Normal Spell
Remove four "In" cards with different names from your graveyard and send call cards on the field except for one "Shikigami" monster you control to the graveyard.

Shikigami: Byakko no Rangetsu
Monster/Dark/Beast-Warrior/Effect/7*
Atk 2600/ Def 1700
You can special summon this monster by sending two "In" or "Shikigami" cards from your hand to the graveyard. By sending one "In" card from your hand to the graveyard, destroy one card your opponent controls. By removing four "In" cards with different names in your graveyard from play, send an equal number of cards on the field to the graveyard.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
But I wanna play too, Mommy! XD

Not before you eat your homework, rate your vegetables, and do everybody else's fake cards, young man! >:O

Wait, that didn't come out quite right. oO Anywho...

Summon Drive: would probably be easier to use if we actually had more Shikigami to go on. Fun enough, as I always like shoving choices onto my opponent, but with that drawback I wouldn't play it in a format where Bestiari and pals can just swoop down and wipe out my backrow that easily. :x

In Reflect: You do realize that this effect means that you can make the poor monster attack itself, right? Other than that, it's just theme-specific Magical Arm Shield, really.

Shikigami: Byakko no Kogenta: Fuu...forced activation on that self-protection effect. But then, you can just have this thing send itself to the graveyard if that threatens to cause trouble, and it's a nice, large beatstick to boot, so I'm not complaining.

Shikigami: Moumutsuu no Mugyu: You should probably specify that spell or trap card bit as 'one Spell or Trap card you control'. Because as it is, you could technically also destroy cards in your hand (in lieu of Crush Card). If that was your intention, though, then just leave it as is. As a whole...eh, it's small and it's tribute. Granted, we can pull some amusing stunts with stuff like Dark Coffin, Blast With Chain, and Smoke Grenade of the Bandit in combination with this, but even so...it's puny without being easily searchible and doesn't have a support-friendly type/attribute combination either. Would probably avoid using this if possible.

In Fist: Controlled destruction. Decent enough.

In Cutting: Da!/Ri!/Shin!/Kan!: effect fodder. Enough said. I'd kind of like seeing some form of effect to the cards themselves as well, but whatever floats your boat.

Sure-Kill Technique!: And now we start breaching on the real reason to run these. Basically, this makes any one shikigami you have go Demise on the field without the LP cost. Worth running in the archetype, certainly.

Shikigami: Byakko no Rangetsu: Completely dwarfed by this, though. It's big, it's special summonable, and it blows stuff up. With a vengeance if need be. Pretty much an instant three of these, as this is really just that easy to summon with a dedicated deck.

And now...I think I shall maintain the vain hope of actually getting some comments once in a while as I try to do a little something for my pet neglected game mechanic...and snag along another almost equally neglected one while I'm at it. <3

Battle Gear: Accel Lance
Machine/Union/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1200 Atk / 400 Def

This card inflicts piercing damage. When battling with a Monster in the same column as itself, this card gains 800 Atk for Damage Calculation only. Once per turn, you can equip this card to a "Battle Gear" Monster other than "Battle Gear: Accel Lance" that you control, OR unequip it and Special Summon it in Attack Position. Increase the Atk of the equipped Monster by 800 when it Battles with a Monster in the same column as itself. (A Monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped Monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

Battle Gear: Cyclone Turbine
Machine/Union/Effect
4 Star/Wind
1600 Atk / 1500 Def

If your opponent controls a Spell or Trap card in the same column as this card, but does not control a Monster Card in that column, you can destroy that Spell or Trap card. Once per turn, you can equip this card to a "Battle Gear" Monster other than "Battle Gear: Cyclone Turbine" that you control, OR unequip it and Special Summon it in Attack Position. Increase the Atk of the equipped Monster by 400. When the equipped Monster attacks a Monster your opponent controls, destroy any Spell or Trap card in the same Column as the attacked Monster before applying Damage Calculation. (A Monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped Monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

Battle Gear: Energy Cutter
Machine/Union/Effect
4 Star/Light
1800 Atk / 1100 Def

When this card destroys a Monster in the same column as itself by Battle, it can attack another monster in a column adjacent to the destroyed monster's. Once per turn, you can equip this card to a "Battle Gear" Monster other than "Battle Gear: Energy Blade" that you control, OR unequip it and Special Summon it in Attack Position. Increase the Atk of the equipped Monster by 300. When the equipped Monster destroys a Monster your opponent controls by Battle, you can destroy one other Monster in a Monster Card Zone adjacent to the destroyed Monster's. (A Monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped Monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

Battle Gear: Mobile Base
Machine/Union/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1200 Atk / 1800 Def

Once per turn, when this card is attacked, you can move it to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field before applying Damage Calculation. If you do, reduce the Atk of the attacking Monster by 600 for Damage Calculation only. Once per turn, you can equip this card to a "Battle Gear" Monster other than "Battle Gear: Mobile Base" that you control, OR unequip it and Special Summon it in Attack Position. Once per turn, you can move the equipped Monster to another unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field. (A Monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped Monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

Union Gear: Cyclone Lance
Machine/Fusion/Effect
7 Star/Wind
2300 Atk / 2100 Def

"Battle Gear: Accel Lance" + "Battle Gear: Cyclone Turbine"

This card can only be Special Summoned by sending the above Fusion Material Monsters from your Field to your Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization") This card inflicts piercing damage. You can destroy all cards your opponent controls that are in the same column as this card. If you do, return this card to your Extra Deck. On the End Phase of a turn when this card was returned to your Extra Deck this way, the Monsters that were sent to your Graveyard to Special Summon it are Special Summoned to your Field.

Evasive Maneuvers
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when a Monster you control is selected as the target of an attack or card effect. Move that Monster to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field to negate that attack or card effect.

Command Matrix
Field Spell

Increase the Atk of all "Battle Gear" and "Union Gear" Monsters by 400. Once per turn, the turn player can select one "Battle Gear" or "Union Gear" Monster they control and move it to another unocuppied Monster Card Zone on their Field OR select two "Battle Gear" or "Union Gear" Monsters they control and exchange their places on the Field.

Not all of them, obviously, but the basic gist of it should be there. Comments? XD

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I can't help it, I've only seen three episodes of Onmyou Taisenki so far. XD

Er... let's see.

Accel Lancer: Searchable Senet monster with a piercing effect, and a Union ability. Nice, especially since you'll be getting way more use out of that Senet effect than you would otherwise. Plus, 800 Atk isn't too shabby when you're tryin' to punch past Stratos or Laquari- or even Andal, now that he's a proven pain in the arse when Gladiators go into mirror matches.

Cyclone Turbine: Unsearchable, but better stats and a handy destruction effect that turns it into a combination situational Halberd of the Gladiator Beasts or Destructotron, depending on what you need. Nice, considering that it cuts down on the amount of S/T destruction you need to run, but problematic since the opponent will more often than not play their S/Ts behind their monsters. I mean, I do. 0.o

Energy Cutter: Little City/Shine City just got a new toy. Little attack boost, big destruction effect considering that most people instinctively place monsters in zones next to each other.

Mobile Base: Searchable, and a handy way to move your other Battle Gears around in order to get more out of their effects without running Senet Switch. Plus, it has a handy battle protection effect.

Cyclone Lancer: Situational Gyzarus with more instant re-usability, and 100 fewer Atk. The piercing damage is nice, but I say that you should buff it some. Actually, the really nice thing is the fact that you can pick and choose just when to apply the effect.

Evasive Manuevers: A present to all those poor, neglected Senet monsters out there. AE, you're so sweet!

Command Matrix: Excellent support for the set, since it does everything except say "Move them to whatever zone on the field ya want", and pulls that off anyway.

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
Years
I just started playing Magic and I guess I'll give it a shot.

Sinister Prankster 3BB
Creature- Goblin
2BB, Tap: Destroy any target nonland permenant in your opponent's control.
BB, Tap: Target creature gets Shadow until the end of your turn. (Creature can only block or be blocked by other creatures with Shadow)
First Strike
Madness 1B (If you discard this card, you may play it for it's Madness cost instead of putting it in the discard pile)
A simple prank can lead to much, much more.
4/1
Uncommon

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Cyclone Turbine: Unsearchable, but better stats and a handy destruction effect that turns it into a combination situational Halberd of the Gladiator Beasts or Destructotron, depending on what you need. Nice, considering that it cuts down on the amount of S/T destruction you need to run, but problematic since the opponent will more often than not play their S/Ts behind their monsters. I mean, I do. 0.o

Well, this was intended more as something you use when your opponent sets two plus, or when one of their monsters snuff it. Royal Oppression/Decree and similar continuous effect cards are other prime targets since they're not chaining to anything when you put this on another monster and call the shot.

Cyclone Lancer: Situational Gyzarus with more instant re-usability, and 100 fewer Atk. The piercing damage is nice, but I say that you should buff it some. Actually, the really nice thing is the fact that you can pick and choose just when to apply the effect.

You know...I actually hadn't made that Gyzarus comparison at all until you pointed it out. XD Anywho, I'd be kind of reluctant to buff this considering how easy it is to just play Frontline Base, summon both fusion materials and put this on the field to wipe out the standard one monster, one S/T setup for...free, basically, not to mention that you can even nail three cards if your opponent did more than one set thanks to Turbine's effect.

Anywho...some of the others. :x

Union Gear: Accel Charger
Machine/Fusion/Effect
7 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 1700 Def

"Battle Gear: Accel Lance" + "Battle Gear: Mobile Base"

This card can only be Special Summoned by sending the above Fusion Material Monsters from your Field to your Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization") This card inflicts piercing damage. When battling with a Monster in the same column as itself, this card gains 1400 Atk for Damage Calculation only. Once per turn, when this card destroys a Monster in the same column as itself by Battle, you can move it to an unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field. Then, if your opponent controls a Monster in that Column, this card attacks that Monster. On the End Phase of a turn when you activated this effect, return this card to your Extra Deck and Special Summon all Monsters that were sent your Graveyard to Special Summon it to your Field.

Union Gear: Storm Blade
Machine/Fusion/Effect
7 Star/Wind
2500 Atk / 1700 Def

"Battle Gear: Cyclone Turbine" + "Battle Gear: Energy Cutter"

This card can only be Special Summoned by sending the above Fusion Material Monsters from your Field to your Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization") If your opponent controls a Spell or Trap Card in the same column as this card, you can destroy that Spell or Trap Card. When a Spell or Trap card(s) is destroyed by this card's effect, any Spell or Trap Cards adjacent to the destroyed card(s) are also destroyed. Then, this card is returned to your Extra Deck. On the End Phase of a turn when this card was returned to your Extra Deck this way, the Monsters that were sent to your Graveyard to Special Summon it are Special Summoned to your Field.

And...I swear I had a really big one involving a more complicated fusion, but I just can't seem to recall it. In the mean time...I'm going to revisit one of my old sets with some new fun. x3

Bladedance Marionette
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Wind
1200 Atk / 400 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Bladedance Marionette" from your Hand. When this card is Special Summoned from your Hand, its original Atk becomes 2200.

Marionette Bomber
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1400 Atk / 600 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Marionette Bomber" from your Hand. When this card is Special Summoned from your Hand, destroy one Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.

Marionette of Demise
Warrior/Effect
2 Star/Dark
800 Atk / 600 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Marionette of Demise" from your Hand. When this card is returned to your Hand from the Field, destroy one Monster your opponent controls.

Marionette Gunner
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1400 Atk / 900 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Marionette Gunner" from your Hand. When this card is Summoned from your Hand, inflict 800 Damage to your opponent.

Marionette Soldier
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Earth
1700 Atk / 0 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Marionette Soldier" from your Hand.

Tangle Marionette
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Earth
600 Atk / 1900 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Tangle Marionette" from your Hand. When this card is summoned from your Hand, select one Monster your opponent controls and that Monster can not attack or change its Battle Position for as long as this card remains on the Field. When this card is returned to your Hand from the Field, change the Battle Position of one Monster your opponent controls.

Puppeteer's Art
Quick-Play Spell

Select one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster you control and return it to your Hand then Special Summon one differently named level three or lower "Marionette" Monster from your Hand. If this card is activated in response to an attack declared by your opponent, the attacking Monster must attack the Monster Special Summoned by this effect.

The Mad Dollmaker
Continuous Spell

Whenever a card(s) is added to your Hand by a card effect, you can send any number of those cards to your Graveyard to add an equal number of level three or lower "Marionette" Monsters from your Deck to your Hand.

Artful Sacrifice
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when a "Marionette" Monster you control is selected as an attack target. All Battle Damage from that battle is doubled and inflicted to both players. At the end of the Damage Step, destroy the "Marionette" Monster and all Monsters your opponent controls with Atk lower than or equal to the amount of Battle Damage you received from the Battle.

Curse of the Marionette
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when a "Marionette" Monster you control is destroyed in battle with or by the effect of a Monster your opponent controls. For the remainder of the duel, control of the Monster that destroyed your "Marionette" Monster is switched to you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Union Gear: Accel Charger
Machine/Fusion/Effect
7 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 1700 Def

"Battle Gear: Accel Lance" + "Battle Gear: Mobile Base"

This card can only be Special Summoned by sending the above Fusion Material Monsters from your Field to your Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization") This card inflicts piercing damage. When battling with a Monster in the same column as itself, this card gains 1400 Atk for Damage Calculation only. Once per turn, when this card destroys a Monster in the same column as itself by Battle, you can move it to an unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field. Then, if your opponent controls a Monster in that Column, this card attacks that Monster. On the End Phase of a turn when you activated this effect, return this card to your Extra Deck and Special Summon all Monsters that were sent your Graveyard to Special Summon it to your Field.

...General 3000 piercing damage and two attacks if you run into two monsters? Ojama Trio comes to mind here, though defensive walls ruin the fun. Honestly, I would almost call this broken if I had never been introduced to Nitro Warrior. Even still, though, the re-usability and somewhat self-protection combined with being able to move to *any* zone and Mobile Base's in-practice 2600 DEF leave me wondering if this really would end up more broken.

Union Gear: Storm Blade
Machine/Fusion/Effect
7 Star/Wind
2500 Atk / 1700 Def

"Battle Gear: Cyclone Turbine" + "Battle Gear: Energy Cutter"

This card can only be Special Summoned by sending the above Fusion Material Monsters from your Field to your Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization") If your opponent controls a Spell or Trap Card in the same column as this card, you can destroy that Spell or Trap Card. When a Spell or Trap card(s) is destroyed by this card's effect, any Spell or Trap Cards adjacent to the destroyed card(s) are also destroyed. Then, this card is returned to your Extra Deck. On the End Phase of a turn when this card was returned to your Extra Deck this way, the Monsters that were sent to your Graveyard to Special Summon it are Special Summoned to your Field.

Ehh, I'm thinking this isn't worth it since most people won't toss out that many S/Ts at once, and would be able to activate one or two of them in response if they did. I mean, you could get lucky and hit three of them at once, but Turbine actually equipped to Cutter could do better.

And...I swear I had a really big one involving a more complicated fusion, but I just can't seem to recall it. In the mean time...I'm going to revisit one of my old sets with some new fun. x3

Bladedance Marionette
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Wind
1200 Atk / 400 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Bladedance Marionette" from your Hand. When this card is Special Summoned from your Hand, its original Atk becomes 2200.

Marauding Captain, please. I know there are other cards that do the same, but that's the first one that comes to mind when we're talking Warriors, especially ones that can slip under the more common Stall S/Ts.

Marionette Bomber
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1400 Atk / 600 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Marionette Bomber" from your Hand. When this card is Special Summoned from your Hand, destroy one Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.

So I take it that we're playing a Gladiator Beast game but from the hand? Well, this works as the Bestiari of the set, but again I have to call Marauding Captain.

Marionette of Demise
Warrior/Effect
2 Star/Dark
800 Atk / 600 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Marionette of Demise" from your Hand. When this card is returned to your Hand from the Field, destroy one Monster your opponent controls.

Better. The effect is more theme-specific since bouncing effects are sparse in this format, but the combo with Bomber is too dangerous to ignore. That would take care of the "1 monster, 1 s/t" opening field rather easily, wouldn't it? Then toss out Marauding Captain, special summon Bladedance, and that's almost 5000 direct damage then and there.

Marionette Gunner
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1400 Atk / 900 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Marionette Gunner" from your Hand. When this card is Summoned from your Hand, inflict 800 Damage to your opponent.

When we have other targets like Bomber to toss out, 800 damage is too small of a hit.

Marionette Soldier
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Earth
1700 Atk / 0 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Marionette Soldier" from your Hand.

Basic beatstick of the set, but it gets outclassed by Bladedance once you have these going. Nothing else to say here.

Tangle Marionette
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Earth
600 Atk / 1900 Def

During the Main Phase of your turn, excluding the turn when this card was summoned, you can return this card from your Field to your Hand to Special Summon one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster other than "Tangle Marionette" from your Hand. When this card is summoned from your Hand, select one Monster your opponent controls and that Monster can not attack or change its Battle Position for as long as this card remains on the Field. When this card is returned to your Hand from the Field, change the Battle Position of one Monster your opponent controls.

...I'm not sure what to say on this one. It's a stronger Dark-Eyes Illusionist that can be tossed out in Defense, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing since the targeted monster can just be tributed away. You could try targeting DAD with this, but it'll just get nuked anyway. As for the second effect, it's a more situational Enemy Controller, so it's kind of "meh."

Puppeteer's Art
Quick-Play Spell

Select one level three or lower "Marionette" Monster you control and return it to your Hand then Special Summon one differently named level three or lower "Marionette" Monster from your Hand. If this card is activated in response to an attack declared by your opponent, the attacking Monster must attack the Monster Special Summoned by this effect.

So much for running over Marionette of Demise before it can go off. You could play this as a trap with Bladedance, too, and watch the opponent's monster ram itself into a 2200-ATK beater.

The Mad Dollmaker
Continuous Spell

Whenever a card(s) is added to your Hand by a card effect, you can send any number of those cards to your Graveyard to add an equal number of level three or lower "Marionette" Monsters from your Deck to your Hand.

Useful, I suppose, for getting rid of useless Marionettes and getting out useful ones...though I'm not sure how often that might happen.

Artful Sacrifice
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when a "Marionette" Monster you control is selected as an attack target. All Battle Damage from that battle is doubled and inflicted to both players. At the end of the Damage Step, destroy the "Marionette" Monster and all Monsters your opponent controls with Atk lower than or equal to the amount of Battle Damage you received from the Battle.

So those weak monsters turn this + Waboku into a doubled Dimension Wall and Mirror Force. With how weak the Marionettes are, this is deadly almost to the point of maxing out, even if it isn't chainable to destruction effects.

Curse of the Marionette
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when a "Marionette" Monster you control is destroyed in battle with or by the effect of a Monster your opponent controls. For the remainder of the duel, control of the Monster that destroyed your "Marionette" Monster is switched to you.

Hello, Dark Armed Dragon. Tangle Marionette just became an evil little trap for the beast. Synchros like Goyo Guardian or Red Dragon Archfiend won't like this much, either.

Speaking of Synchros. I'll just leave this with a little idea that's been floating in my head for a while:

Synchronization
Normal Spell
Select 1 face-up monster on your side of the field. Until the End Phase of this turn, treat the selected monster as a Tuner monster.

As if Synchro wasn't splashable enough before.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
@Synchronization: I can actually envision this becoming a card. Well, the title anyway. ;P Eats up the cost for some of the bigger Synchros and practically halves Stardust and Red Dragon with tribute-less monsters.

Some additional cards...

Spell Cards:

Name: Furious Shuffle
Type: Quick-Play
Effect: Activate only as Chain Link 2 or higher. Return Monster Cards from the Graveyard to your Deck equal to the Chain Link number of this card.

Trap Cards:

Name: Launching NEXTs
Type: Normal
Effect: Downgrade all Machine-Type monsters on the field and in either player's hand by 1 Level until the end of the turn. If you Normal Summon or Set an "Armored Core" monster or "Corrupted Core" monster this turn, ignore the Summoning conditions. Destroy the Summoned monster at the end of the turn.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
When we have other targets like Bomber to toss out, 800 damage is too small of a hit.

True. Buff-up to come.

Useful, I suppose, for getting rid of useless Marionettes and getting out useful ones...though I'm not sure how often that might happen.

There's a bunch of other small stuff you can do, like search out Necro Gardna then pitch it to your graveyard and search out your marionette. But yeah, I will admit that this primarily came to my mind because I had a lovely visual idea about it. XD

Oh, and Sinister Serpent is this card's illegitimate lovechild, but then marionettes in unlimited would be kind of...yeah. XD

So those weak monsters turn this + Waboku into a doubled Dimension Wall and Mirror Force.

Umm...no? x.O

First off, the first effect 'all Battle Damage from that attack is doubled and inflicted to both players'. Waboku turns the battle damage to zero, so the amount damage your opponent receives would also become zero. Second, the destruction effect specifies "the amount of Battle Damage you received"; if you avoid the damage then you don't get to destroy anything except zero-atk monsters.

Hello, Dark Armed Dragon. Tangle Marionette just became an evil little trap for the beast. Synchros like Goyo Guardian or Red Dragon Archfiend won't like this much, either.

Well, nine times out of ten Dark Armed will blow up the backfield first anyway, so I don't see this as being that effective as DaD counters go, really. But it's the core card of the original marionette set, so I couldn't neglect reviving it in good conscience. :x

Synchronization: Is it just me or did Lightwave Tuning just get the biggest dis ever? XD I'd say throw in some marginal LP cost or something at least. The amount of tuning shenaningas you can pull with this thing is astounding.

Furious Shuffle: Hmm...interesting concept, but kind of limited in use since the decks that are good at creating big chains are usually ones with few monster cards. Maybe let it spin monsters from either graveyard or any card from yours? The latter would make it huge in Chain Strike Burn (just imagine putting those Accumulated Fortune cards back in your deck with your chain link fodder). :x

Mmmmhmm...interesting card, definitely.

Launching NEXTs: Well, the cores all need their special summon if you want those recursion/search effects, so fair enough. Biggest use would probably be playing Armored Core tribute-free, then tributing it for NEXT Armored Core to get a monster that sticks around and then return this card to your hand with NEXT's effect, essentially creating an end sum of 'Summon NEXT Armored Core without tribute'. NEXT could also pull a more useful spell or trap back up as necessary, so this has its uses. Pity Sold Dios Behemoth is six-star, as this could create a killer finisher with it if it was five. XD

Anywho, revisions and new stuff:

Marionette Gunner
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1700 Atk / 900 Def

Marionette Soldier
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Earth
1850 Atk / 0 Def

Bigger means better, amirite? :D

Also, a couple of new supports:

Curtain Drop
Normal Trap

Activate only when a face-up "Marionette" Monster you control is targeted by a card effect. Negate the activation and effect of that card. It is now the End Phase of this turn.

Dance of the Marionette
Quick-Play Spell

Return one "Marionette" Monster from your Graveyard to your Hand and Special Summon it. On the End Phase, return the Monster Special Summoned this way to your Deck and shuffle it.

March of the Tiny Legion
Normal Spell

Pay 2000 Life Points. Special Summon as many "Marionette" Monsters from your Hand as possible. Then, all Marionette Monsters you control are forced into Attack Position and must attack this turn. On the End Phase of this turn, Return all Marionette Monsters you control to your Hand. On the turn this card is activated, you may not summon or set any other Monsters.

Last edited:

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
I made a new card that has nothing to do with my Pokemon Yugioh Cards...

Mass Destruction
Normal Trap
Pay 1000 Life Points and discard 2 cards. Destroy all face-up monsters on your side of the field to inflict damage equal to half the ATK of the destroyed monsters to the opponent's Life Points. You cannot Normal Summon, Set, Flip Summon or Special Summon any monsters during the turn this card is activated.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Mass Destruction: so basically, this is OTKO if we get 16000+ Atk on our side of the table. Hurr...could be a deadly finisher, but with that amount of cost and stuff...not likely to make itself useful, really. :x

Aaanywho...

Dekoichi the Phantom Train
Machine/Tuner/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1200 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is summoned successfully, Special Summon any number of "Bokoichi, the Freightening Car"s from your Hand and Graveyard. When this card is destroyed, all Monsters summoned this way are also destroyed.

Dekoichi the Afterlife Express
Machine/Synchro/Effect
9 Star/Dark
2900 atk / 2600 Def

Dekoichi the Phantom Train + 1 or more non-tuner Monster(s)

While you control this card, cards can not be added to your Hand or removed from the Graveyard except by this card's effect. During each of your Draw Phases, instead of drawing a card, send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard then add one card from either player's Graveyard to your Hand. When a card added to your Hand this way would be sent to the Graveyard, remove it from play instead. When this card destroys a Monster your opponent controls by Battle, select one card from your opponent's Deck and send it to the Graveyard.

Impact Tuning
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when an Attack Position Tuner Monster you control battles with an Attack Position non-Tuner Monster your opponent controls. Make the Atk of the Tuner Monster zero and neither Monster is destroyed in the Battle. At the end of the Damage Step, if the battling Monsters match the Materials listed on a Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck, send both Monsters to the Graveyard to Special Summon that Synchro Monster. This is treated as a Synchro Summon.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Monster Cards:

Name: ORIGINAL Corrupted Core
Attribute: EARTH
Type: Machine
Level: 4
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1900
Effect: At the end of each of your turns, decrease the ATK of this card by 300. This card is immediately destroyed when its ATK becomes 0 and your opponent takes damage equal to the original ATK of this card.

Name: Corrupted Core
Level: 6
ATK: 2200
DEF: 2400
Effect: You can Special Summon this card by Tributing 1 "ORIGINAL Corrupted Core" from your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned this way, decrease the ATK of one monster on the field by 300. At the end of each of your turns, decrease the ATK of this card by 300. This card is immediately destroyed when its ATK becomes 0 and your opponent takes damage equal to the original ATK of this card.

Name: NEXT Corrupted Core
Level: 8
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2800
Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Corrupted Core" on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned this way, decrease the ATK of all monsters on the field by 300. At the end of each of your turns, decrease the ATK of this card by 300. This card is immediately destroyed when its ATK becomes 0 and your opponent takes damage equal to the original ATK of this card.

Name: Proto-NEXT Corrupted Core
Attribute: DARK
Level: 10
ATK: 3000
DEF: 3300
Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "NEXT Corrupted Core" on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned this way, move the turn count forward by 3 turns. The turn in which this effect was activated continues as normal. At the end of each of your turns, decrease the ATK of this card by 300. This card is immediately destroyed when its ATK becomes 0 and your opponent takes damage equal to the original ATK of this card.

Name: PRIMAL Corrupted Core
Level: 8
ATK: 2000
DEF: 2000
Effect: If there is a "Corrupted Core" monster on your side of the field, you can Normal Summon this card with 1 Tribute. If you do, this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. At the end of each of your turns, decrease the ATK of this card by 300. This card is immediately destroyed when its ATK becomes 0 and your opponent takes damage equal to the original ATK of this card.

Spell Cards:

Name: Corrosive Armor
Type: Equip
Effect: A Machine-Type monster equipped with this card is switched to Defense Position and cannot be destroyed by battle. When the equipped monster is attacked, decrease its DEF by an amount equal to the ATK of the attacking monster. Destroy a monster equipped with this card if its DEF becomes 0 by this effect.

Name: Accelerated EN Gauge
Type: Continuous
Effect: Pay Life Points (in multiples of 300) to move the turn count forward by 1. The turn in which this card is activated continues as normal.

Name: Vanguard Over Boost
Effect: Select 1 face-up Machine-Type monster on your side of the field. When the selected monster successfully attacks directly, move the turn count forward by 2 turns. The turn in which this card is activated continues as normal.

Name: System Breaker
Type: Quick-Play
Effect: Select 1 face-up Machine-Type monster on the field to activate this card. The ATK and DEF of the selected card become 0 until the end of the turn.

Trap Cards:

Name: Particle Destruction
Effect: At the end of each player's turn, decrease the ATK of all face-up monsters on the field by 300. Destroy a monster if its ATK becomes 0 by this effect.

Name: Zero Repulsion Point
Effect: Negate the effects of your opponent's cards until the end of the turn. Then, halve the ATK of all face-up monsters on your side of the field.

(Kind of decided not to include these in the set but thought they could come in handy in the future. :x)

Trap Cards:

Name: Temporal Pulse Rejection Barrier
Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all face-up monsters on the field are treated as Machine-Types and their effects are negated. During the End Phase of the 3rd turn after this card was activated, destroy this card.

Name: Clockwork Countdown
Effect: After 10 turns have passed (counting the turn this card was activated as the 1st turn), the duel results in a DRAW.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Anbo-Mari Maju
( 4 Stars / DARK / Reptile / Effect Monster )
? / 0

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 Monster in your Graveyard from play. The original ATK of this card becomes half the ATK of the Monster removed.

Lamashtu
( 4 Stars / DARK / Sea Serpent / Effect Monster )
0 / 0

This card is unaffected by Spell Cards. Increase the ATK of this card by 300 for every Sea Serpent-type Monster in your Graveyard.

Gymnotide
(4 Stars / WATER / Sea Serpent / Effect Monster )
800 / 1800

Once per turn, send 1 Thunder-type Monster from your Deck to your Graveyard to switch the battle position of 1 face-up Monster on the field.

Echeneis
( 4 Stars / WATER / Sea Serpent / Effect Monster )
900 / 0

If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, it is returned to the Deck instead. If this card battles a Defense-position Monster, destroy it after damage calculation and inflict damage to your opponent's life points equal to the DEF of the attacked monster.

Kharybdis
( 6 Stars / WATER / Sea Serpent / Effect Monster )
2600 / 0

This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle when it is attacked in face-down Defense-position. When this card is Flip Summoned, change the battle positions of all face-up Monsters your opponent controls. Once per turn, send 2 WATER-type Monsters from your Deck to your Graveyard to flip this card into face-down Defense-position.

Hydra
( 7 Stars / WATER / Sea Serpent / Effect Monster )
0 / 2000

When this card is Normal Summoned, place 3 Spell Counters on it (max. 3). Increase the ATK of this card by 800 for each Spell Counter on it. This card can attack once during each Battle Phase for every Spell Counter on it. If this card is to be destroyed, remove 1 Spell Counter instead. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, return it to the Deck instead.

Dendrite
( 1 Star / WATER / Thunder / Effect Monster )
0 / 0

When this card is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard, add it to your hand.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Corrupted Core monsters: Hurr...you seem to have missed a crucial point with the 'change turn count' mechanic. Changing the turn count doesn't mean that you are actually going through any given phase of the turn additional times, nor does it mean that your current turn has been exchanged for another turn (meaning you haven't ended your turn any more times than previously); it just alters that turn count number, period. In other words: changing the turn count will not make your corrupted cores...um...corrupt faster. :x To remedy that, I'd exchange the Atk loss thing for "Decrease the Atk of this card by XXX points for each turn that it has been on the Field". This would also take both players' turns into account and do something about the bigger problem with our ticking little timebombs:

They're slow. Awfully slow, to be precise. On its own, even ORIGINAL takes six turns to detonate, and that's more than enough time for your opponent to just hammer through your monsters and swing for game. There's some fun Reverse Trap synergy here, but even so, they seem to be on a bit of shaky footing, especially when we compare it to the archetypal time-bomb burn card: Wave-Motion Cannon. (which generates 1000 damage for each of your turns; more than any of these do when you look at it like that) SO I'm going to make some suggestions:

ORIGINAL Corrupted Core: Basic, bottom-of-the-food-chain type. Since it's not that big - at least comparatively - I'd say up the reduction rate to 400 per turn. That would accelerate the detonation by one turn and look...neater (4 x 400 makes 1600 precisely). It has good Def for a tributeless, so it should be able to hold its own quite nicely with that.

Corrupted Core: Again, slow countdown. The way I see it, the big corrupteds require a lot more investment, so it would only be fitting if they also posed a more immediate threat to your opponent rather than a smaller one like they do now. Also, as it stands Dark Jeroid laughs itself silly over this poor thing's special summon bonus. I'd say up the corruption rate to 400 per turn here and bump the loss effect to 1000. That represents a significant threat to a monster of your opponent's or a considerable acceleration to a corrupted core's detonation time. It's a fairly specific summoning condition, after all; it's only fair that you reap considerable benefit as well.

NEXT Corrupted Core: And sort of the same thing. Remember, this is a nomi; we can only summon it by offering a specific other monster as tribute and that represents a big liability when we don't have access to that monster, especially when the required monster requires tribute itself. In lieu of the previous one, I'd say make the loss effect 1000 (making it a lot more scary for your opponent to face) and the decay 500. If you had more low-level corrupteds and a better way of getting them out, this could set up some very nasty mass-detonations, but as it is...eh, a bit of a shortage on the front of monsters that actually like this on your side. :x

Proto-NEXT Corrupted Core: I'd say make decay 500 per turn here again. That way this little darling will get to spend a short but glorious lifetime. I still find myself missing something for this one, though, as it's effective Atk is puny and it lacks the ability to screw your opponent's monsters over like regular NEXT. Consider throwing in some form of on-field effect here to compensate for what is most likely a chain of three special summons.

PRIMAL Corrupted Core: Would say 500 Atk per turn loss here. Overall...eh, I'm not too wild. Effect immunity isn't as appealing with something that's going to explode anyway and it's a tribute summon, unlike the other bigger ones that can be special summoned. A bit of a more safeguarded explosion, but...eh, I think it could do with a buff.

Corrosive Armor: As nice as this looks, it is really only good for soaking up one hit before your Def flatlines and you've lost your timebomb. Heck, given that your opponent will usually be hitting with a bigger attacker than what you have, the end result will usually be as good as not haivng this equipped in the first place, if not even better. Bad deal. I like the idea, but you'll need a different approach to the penalty. Maybe make it remove only a smaller amount of Def, like the difference between the equipped monster's Def and the attacking monster's Atk? That would add a bit of durability. I would also suggest making this invulnerable to destruction while it's equipped to prevent cheap shots from Bestiari and pals. Or maybe make it so that the equipped monster's original Def turns into damage with the self-destruct effect? It needs something to give it a leg up on Mistobody. :x

Accelerated EN Gauge: Make that "Move the Turn Count forward by one for every 300 Life Points you paid". As it is, you only get to move it forward by one regardless of how much you pay. Totally needs a rebalance, by the way. Why? Because this + Final Countdown equals an instant OTKO. I'd say put a limit on how many turns you can skip over per turn.

Vanguard Over Boost: Nice, except...how exactly are we going to get a direct attack done with these little guys? Shooting Star Bow - Ceal? x.O

System Breaker: Emergency detonator for our corrupted cores or a neat synergy trick with that trap I see lurking over yonder. Pretty much instant threes for the deck, just by virtue of the first use. :x

Particle Destruction: Accelerator basically. Fair enough, since it applies on both players' turns and stacks those penalties up pretty quickly.

Zero Repulsion Point: Total opposing spell, trap, and effect monster lockout for a turn and acceleration for our fieldfull of timebombs. Good precaution against otherwise explosive turns and nice to follow up if you had your monsters face-down, but otherwise...somewhat troublesome as your corrupted cores will probably still be run over in battle. Hmm...tricky, very tricky.

Temporal Pulse Rejection Barrier: now we're talking. With this lovely little thing - and especially if you go with the new effect wording - all your corrupted cores become temporary beatsticks while your opponent's monsters are hindered and vulnerable to anti-machine support, before the time limit runs out at which point all of your cores will most likely detonate in unison. Definitely useful.

Clockwork Countdown: Ehh...if we're running turn count accelerators, I'd much sooner run Final Countdown to put the pressure on my opponent. A delayed self-destruct button is sort of lacking in uses if you actually want to win. But hey, if you want it for your RPing needs then go for it. :3

Overall...I like the concept, but you kind of need a bigger base of low-level monsters because these really don't fit in with...well, almost any existing monsters, really. Unlike regular armored cores, these can't really be splashed successfully with the usual machine lineup, which leaves you with some slim pickings in monsters. Surprisingly, Elemental Hero Prisma seems to be this theme's best buddy. With Chimeratech in your extra deck, you can have it mimic any one core monster and then tribute it away for genuine article of a bigger one. It's also searchable on account of being a low-level warrior, so you can play it alongside Muscle Tracer and justify putting Reinforcement of the Army in your spell lineup while you're at it.

So yeah, you either need some hefty recursion and search support for your existing cores or a larger amount of readily summonable ones.

Anbo-Mari Maju: In other words, summon it and tribute it. Even the biggest removals will only net you a lackluster monster out of this, so Anbo-Mari itself is not worth the bother. Good for Spell Striker-style tribute fodder, but it's less searchable so I dunno'. :x

Lamashtu: so, for every Levia Dragon Daedalus in our graveyard this one grows by 300...so not worth it. There aren't nearly enough playable sea serpents to get this up to worthwhile power.

Gymnotide: Thunders kind of have the same problem. I'd rather just use Jutte, since I can also synchro summon with it and defense is usuall what I'm switching my opponent into anyway.

Echeneis: A passable defense breaker, but the problem is that our opponent will get to spring any flip-/on-attack effects they have before they lose their monster, which is usually what we want to prevent by running anti-defense monsters. The low atk also means you'll quite often be taking a hit yourself for attacking, even if your opponent will lose more. Return to deck is...good if we have a grizzly toolbox type thing, I suppose, but overall not a huge thing one way or the other. Decent card, but I'm not sure I'd run it.

Kharybdis: Most of the time, this is just a glorified Frostosaurus, really, as any two monsters on the opponent's side means that you can't make use of that flip summon effect. I'd sooner use Windstorm of Etaqua or Shriek (depending on whether I want to change battle positions or dump); neither requires tribute or elaborate setups to work.

Hydra: Now this looks a lot more promising. Three attacks at 2400 power is lethal, and self-protection is always a plus, especially since we can drop down Apprentice Magician to refill the spent counter. Even one self-protection already makes this highly vulnerable, though, and two make it a punching bag, but really; when the Hydra comes you're usually looking to end the duel right there already.

Dendrite: discard fodder, basically. I guess this works with various forms of self-mill, but I would hardly enjoy drawing into it. Ehh...still, decent enough if you have the right synergies.

And now...so many fakes but so little time, what to add...ah, these will do. =D

Aesta - Apostle of Summer
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 700 Def

When this card is summoned successfully, select and activate one of the following effects.

- Inflict 400 Damage to your opponent for each "Apostle" Monster you control.
- Discard a card from the top of your opponent's Deck for each "Apostle" Monster you control.

Autea - Apostle of Autumn
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1200 Atk / 1600 Def

When this card is summoned successfully, select and activate one of the following effects.

- For each "Apostle" Monster you control, select a card from either player's Graveyard, then return the selected card(s) to their owners' Deck(s).
- For each "Apostle" Monster you control, select a card from either player's Hand, then return the selected card(s) to their owners' Decks. For each card returned to the Deck this way, the owner of that card draws a card.

Friga - Apostle of Winter
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Water
900 Atk / 1900 Def

- Select a number of cards from your opponent's Hand equal to the number of "Apostle" Monsters you control. The selected cards are revealed until your next Standby Phase and can not be Summoned, Set, or Activated during this time.
- Select a number of cards from your opponent's Field equal to the number of "Apostle" Monsters you control. Until your next Standby Phase, the selected card(s) can not Attack, change their Battle Positions, or be activated.

Verda - Apostle of Spring
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Wind
1450 Atk / 1200 Def

- For each "Apostle" Monster you control, select one card on the Field then return the selected card(s) to their owners' Hands.
- Gain 800 Life Points for each "Apostle" Monster you control.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Aesta: So a mild-to-painful burn effect, or a miller? Nice, considering that if you're running all the apostles in triplicate and you can protect them, it's not too shabby, especially considering the possible release of Magician's Village in the next pack. Still, for a one-off without a lot of muscle it feels kind of... lame. (EVIL. FIELD. SPELL.)

Autea: So either a hand-cycling effect or a graveyard management effect? Alright, that's definitely worth running three of each apostle for right there, never mind the fact that this baby is rat-searchable. Nice.

Friga: Oh, gods, that's just painful. Three or more apostles and you've got a Cold Wave or a Blizzard Dragon on steroids, whichever you need available, plus you get to scan the opponent's hand? I'd call broken, but even if Autea and Friga can be searched from the deck you still need to invest in keeping your Apostles around. However, I can see these guys forming a potent deck on their own using the trap backbones that make Royal Oppression decks such a pain. Ouch. 0.o

Verda: I don't see that second effect getting much use, but the first one is rather nice since you're getting at least one guranteed bounce. I can just imagine having Mother Grizzly out, then swapping it over to the enemy, summoning Verda and bouncing one of their cards, and then netting Friga with Grizzly's effect in order to seal two cards in the opponent's hand. So now you know exactly three cards they're holding, which is half the maximum hand size, for a one-card investment. Nice.

Of course, the main thing holding these guys back I can see is the lack of muscle, but in a deck running maxed Creature Swap and three Giant Rat as well as Mother Grizzly for those all-important Autea and Frig searches, you've got some considerable whackin' you can do, and a good spell and trap backbones will make up for a lot of that. Hey, I've always liked your sets. :3 (Remind me to go back and do all the marionettes later).

Berserker Beast Rablinster
Monster/Dark/Beast/Effect/5*
Atk 1500/ Def 1400
This monster cannot be special summoned. During your main phase, you can remove any number of dark-attribute monsters in your hand and graveyard from play. This monster can attack once for each monster removed in this way.

Extra-Sensory Manipulation
Normal Spell
Pay one thousand life points and tribute one psychic-type monster you control. Select one monster from your opponent's extra deck and remove it and all monsters with the same name in your opponent's extra deck from play.

Sending
Normal Spell
Pay half your life points. Remove all cards in both players' graveyards from play.

Charming Piper
Monster/Light/Spellcaster/Tuner/3*
Atk 1300/ Def 1200
When this monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent's life points, special summon one "Rat Token" (Monster/Earth/Beast/Token/Effect/1* Atk 0000/ Def 0000 This monster cannot be used for a tribute summon.) in attack position. This monster can attack once for each "Rat Token" you control during your main phase.

jakex

poketopia king
Years
Yugioh

King drago, ruler of attributes
6/dragon/fusion
3 monarchs + a monarchy war planner
When this card is summoned from the extra deck, it gains 500 for each monarch in the graveyard and removed from play pile, when this card is destroyed special summon two monarch, or monarchy card from the deck or graveyard to the field. This card is treatedas all attributes
4000/2500
secret rare/ultimate rare/ ghost rare

Monnarchy war planer
3/warrior/effect/monarchy
When this card is summoned you can pay all your life points except for 100 to summon up to 4 monarchs, this card can negate any damage toward a controller towards a monarchy, or monarch in its card name.
1200/300
secret rare/ultimate rare/super rare

spells:
Monarch lineup
Quick play
When a monarchy, or monarch monster is attacked you can redirect the attack towards another monster on either field, if this card is negated special summon 2 monarchy, or monarch cards from either players graveyard

Traps:
All out war:
Countinous
When two monarchs are battling each other on each side of th field choose one and reduce the attack to zero, the loser of this battle losses
half their life points, no monster can be destroyed by battle for as long as this card remains on the field.
field spell

Monarchy castle

For each card summoned this card gets a counter by tributing this card summon a monarchy, or monarch monster that level of stars is equal or less than the counters, if this card is sent to the graveyard, other than by tis effect, special summon 2 monarch, or monarchy cards from either players graveyard, your deck or your hand

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Death Knell
Continuous Trap
After a player successfully Special Summons a monster(s) from the Graveyard(s), that player must Tribute 1 monster for each monster Summoned.

Replacement Corpse
Normal Trap
You can activate this card when a player successfully Special Summons a monster from the Graveyard. That player must Tribute 1 monster they control.

Night of the Living Dead
Normal Spell
Send cards from your Hand to the Graveyard in order to Special Summon 1 Zombie-type monster for each card discarded. During the turn this card is activated, you cannot Summon other monsters and those monsters cannot declare an attack. Destroy the monsters during the End Phase.

Second Death
Normal Spell
Send 1 Zombie-type monster from your Hand to the Graveyard. Select 1 Zombie-type monster, other than the discarded card, in your Graveyard and Special Summon it.

Requiem
Normal Trap
Remove from play all monsters in the Graveyards and inflict 400 damage to your opponent for each monster removed.

Dirge
Continuous Trap
Neither player can Special Summon except from the Graveyard.

Paean of Repose
Continuous Trap
You can send 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to negate 1 attack during your opponent's Battle Phase. Your opponent can send 1 monster from their deck to the Graveyard to negate this effect.

Fallen Gravedigger
( 4 Stars / EARTH / Zombie / Effect Monster )
1100 / 1200

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, Special Summon a level 4 or lower Zombie-type monster from the Graveyard. That monster cannot declare an attack and its effect(s) is negated. Destroy it during the End Phase.

(A bit broken. Fixing this.)

Fallen Heartseeker
( 3 Stars / EARTH / Zombie / Effect Monster )
800 / 1000

When this card is Tributed for the effect of a card(s), take control of 1 opponent's monster until the End Phase. That monster cannot change battle positions or declare an attack.

Fallen Hierophant
( 4 Stars / EARTH / Zombie / Effect Monster )
1700 / 1200

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, send 1 Zombie-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

Fallen Cleric
( 7 Stars / EARTH / Zombie / Effect Monster )
2000 / 1700

When a monster you control is Tributed for the effect of a card(s), you can Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. If this card is Tributed for the effect of a card, inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each Zombie-type monster in your Graveyard.

Fallen Crusader
( 1 Stars / EARTH / Zombie / Effect Monster )
200 / 500

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, place 1 counter on a face-up Spell or Trap card you control. If that card would be destroyed, remove the counter instead. When this card is Tributed for the effect of a card, return 1 Spell or Trap card on your side of the field to its owner's hand.

Fallen Necromancer
( 8 Stars / EARTH / Zombie / Effect Monster )
2400 / 2200

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. Once per turn, send 1 Zombie-type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard in order to Special Summon 1 Zombie-type monster from your Graveyard to your side of the field. Then, Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field.

Hyper Decomposing Bolete
( 5 Stars / FIRE / Plant / Effect Monster )
0 / 2200

Each time a Zombie-type monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field from the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Mulch Token" ( 1* / 0 / 0 / EARTH / Plant ) to your side of the field. Mulch Tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon.

Last edited:
Back