• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Hey look, it's the transfer student)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Uuum.. I transfered school districts between fifth and sixth grade.

We moved about 40 minutes away from where I had gone to school for years prior to that, and that's the biggest leap I've taken.

It was enough of a distance that I was the random new kid, and didn't know anyone, though. It was so awkward. Got picked on by some of the kids, and met a couple of friends that I got pretty close to and enjoyed hanging out with. I only lived there long enough to make friends, and then leave, because the following school year I was moved back to my original district. Barely ever saw those friends again after that.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
My middle school had a different location than my high school, so I was weirdly divided and knew nobody my freshman year. I got lucky enough to make friends pretty quickly though.

Years
I've transferred schools a few times: once during elementary school years, once in middle school/high school and once in post-secondary. The time in elementary school was because I was categorized as one of those "gifted" kids so they recommended I switch schools that had a dedicated class for those who are gifted. I ended up hating it because I felt like I didn't fit in. Middle school/high school transfer was strange. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to send me off to do high school Math and English while I was still in Grade 8...And then I moved houses thus transferring me to a new middle school and high school simultaneously. Ended up hating that experience as well. I don't like being pushed to do something I don't feel ready for.

And then University. I just recently transferred into a different program at a different institution. I went from Psychology > Systems Analyst. It's been 3 weeks and I'm currently loving what I'm doing right now, in comparison to dreading ever having to go to class.

Back