• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Touhoumon Purple

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
another update! its been a while, nice.

Did you add in touhous from DDC? (seija,sukuna etc.) I wish you could somehow make space for them, they are official chars after all.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
they're never going to be in.

even if we can expand the emerald dex in a stable way there's not really any room to put them in as wilds anymore. a lot of the encounter slots are cramped enough as is.

at least floppysaggyhime would be easy to fit into ocean routes.

if i were to add any more characters it'd be kokoro, and that's not happening anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Does Puppets evolve naturally by lvling even if you use shards on it?

Like lets say I used Power Shard on CKeine - he becomes AKeine, will he evolve by lvling and become Keine or he's stuck being Akeine forever?

By the way, awesome hack, man!

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
all evolutions are final. if something evolves, that's it.

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
updated purple again. fixed a typo, nazrin can now actually tutor body slam like i said she could a year ago, and fixed some instances of trainers sending out things in master balls with abnormally high stats.

if you are playing as maribel and picked alice for your starter, i highly recommend you update. just.. trust me on this.

as always, your saves are still compatible. patch over a clean emerald rom.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
A touhoumon?!

I love Touhoumon!! And you're adding new-types, that's even more awesome!! <3

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I always love playing Touhoumon hacks, and you've done a great job with this one.

But, what's with the Nurse OW replacement? (I don't get it?)

Years
It's Japanese in origin, and originally a Fire Red hack. There's a million and one unofficial versions (this being one of them) but nearly all of the unofficial versions are terrible.

What is the best and complete version of Touhou to play at this point?
Which do all of you recommend, is the "original" worth playing?

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Hello everyone! It's been two years, but on replaying the game I had a few issues of my own so I decided to address them in a somewhat surreal 2016 update.

While your save files are still compatible, it's been so long that I recommend starting a new game anyway. One word of warning though is that the rival battle right after the Weather Center event has been unedited, so be prepared for a difficult encounter to kick off the late-game stretch!

The changelog is as follows:
- Altered difficulty in some areas
-- Norman's levels are down to 35/36/36/38 (previously were 36/36/37/39)
--- Speed Koishi now holds a Cheri Berry instead of a Lum Berry

-- Aqua Admin Shelly now has one less puppet at the Weather Center. Bye Ran
--- Her levels are now 41/41/42/44

-- Adjusted the Space Center event
--- Steven's puppets are now level 58, 59, 61
--- Steven now uses AYuugi instead of SYoumu
--- Nerfed Maxie and Tabitha's leads to have less Speed to allow Steven to set up

His AI may still goof around a bit and not set up Light Screen at the start. That's simply out of my control. If you wish to help him further, consider using Guard.

-- Steven in Meteor Falls is now a little scarier

- Some changes to wild puppets
-- Upped the encounter rate for Chibi Ellen on Route 102
-- Upped the encounter rate for Chibi Yumeko on Route 113
-- Removed Chibi Meiling from Route 111 to add a Chibi Elly spawn
-- Removed Chibi Kotohime from Route 114 to add a Chibi Gengetsu spawn
-- Added loads of new encounters to Route 115, including Chibi Yukari. Solar Shards!
-- Added a grassy patch to Route 105 to add a few more wild encounters to midgame and fix some availability issues (more Koishis, Chibi Lolice was missable)
-- Lowered the rates for Sunny/Luna/Star on Route 123, added encounters for Rinnosuke and Chibi Byakuren
-- Lowered the rate for Chibi Youmu on Mt. Pyre 6F to add a Youki spawn

- Added a Chrome Shard to Route 115, replacing the hidden Blue UFO
-- If your save file has already collected the UFO then it's gone. Sorry!

- Steven now gives you the Eon/Aurora Tickets instead of having to find NPCs in the Battle Frontier
-- If you have defeated Steven on your old save but not obtained the tickets, you can still snag them in the Frontier, where the old BP Move Tutors were.

- You can now re-battle Steven as many times as you'd like

- The Rinnosuke Steven leaves you in his house is now lv75 with a PP Max

- Minor text fixes (some move descriptions and NPCs)
- Fixed the locations file stating the Shingyokus explode when they don't anymore

I have tested the events and made sure they didn't break, but if something comes up, any feedback is valuable.

You can find the download at the usual location: http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/thmnemer18/

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen today
Not sure if anyone is alive here but whats the difference between Beat and the regular Purple? I saw 2 files and all

Years
I'll just throw some life in here... Mostly because I intend to feed it bandwidth (and then see if any starter randomising and player sprite changing can be done for personal appeasement (what?!? I've done it to every Touhoumon I've played, I dislike being a girl in it...)).

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
I'm developing a team for this because this hack looks interesting (And it's still getting updated despite being over a decade old)

P.S. BUTP is an acronym for Bring Up This Post. It's not spam Aquacorde; I was trying to bring up that hack so that I and others don't have to scroll to find the link. Keep my earlier post hidden.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Online now
I detect an update on the horizon, so I'm just saying thanks for this hack. I'm gonna play this again when the new update drops/if it drops (or in early April if not)

Back