• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Jasper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Very interesting! I'm loving the graphics! Keep up the good work! :3
I love the fact that it seems that there are many climates throughout this hack, it shows a sense of creativity. Everything seems to blend well together!
The story looks pretty great! .. And I'm hoping for some surprises. c;
Your world map is also great, btw.
Good luck with this :D

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
pokemon hack said:
i cant wait for the download! literaly i can't wait hurry up and finish it!

My life doesn't revolve around this hack. I'll work on it when I have time.

Pinkish Purple said:
Sorry to disappoint but I think shinyabsol1 won't be able to finish this maybe even by next year.

If you mean completing the entire hack, then you're right. Beta 1, on the other hand, has a good chance of being completed well before 2013 ends.

AmazingCharizard said:
Thats sad, always the best hacks who might never be finished.

I do want to finish this hack, but the amount of time I will have to work on it in the future is dubious.

But for now...

...I've found some time to work on this. Progress resumed yesterday :)

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
My post should not sound as if I thought you quit, I hate it when I see great hacks which I perhaps can never play :) Like Ash Gray or Shinygold for instance.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Update!

All mapping and tile inserting (of outdoor areas) for beta 1 is now complete!

A few screens of the last town to be included in the beta:

town3_1_zps385ed042.png
town3_zps3fc52414.png

Also, here's the new bootscreen:

boot_zpsfdfa1a8f.png

Years
Glad you found more time to work on it! As always it looks amazing.

It's hard for us to be patient with such an exciting hack :)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Update!

All mapping and tile inserting (of outdoor areas) for beta 1 is now complete!

A few screens of the last town to be included in the beta:

town3_1_zps385ed042.png
town3_zps3fc52414.png

Also, here's the new bootscreen:

boot_zpsfdfa1a8f.png

Love the update! especially the bootscreen ^^ Did you change the OW's coloring? It looks plainer now, thou. And the tree needs a darker outline - but not too dark.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Noossab Blue said:
Glad you found more time to work on it! As always it looks amazing.

It's hard for us to be patient with such an exciting hack

Pinkish Purple said:
Love the update! especially the bootscreen ^^ Did you change the OW's coloring? It looks plainer now, thou. And the tree needs a darker outline - but not too dark.

Thanks for the feedback on the tree, I might toy around with the colors a bit. I haven't touched the overworld colors, though...

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Hey, sorry for the lack of updates, guys. I have done substantial work on this over the past weeks, but I've run into a few bugs that I'm working on getting fixed.

I hope to have an update ready within the next week!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hey, sorry for the lack of updates, guys. I have done substantial work on this over the past weeks, but I've run into a few bugs that I'm working on getting fixed.

I hope to have an update ready within the next week!

Np bro, take your time :) It's more about the quality of the updates than the quantity. I won't want to see lots of rubbish looking screenshots LOL!

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
I wanna help on this HACK! I wanna be the beta tester or something zzz. I'm good at sprites though. But anyways it's 2013! Aren't you gonna continue this?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
kaedearagaki said:
I wanna help on this HACK! I wanna be the beta tester or something zzz. I'm good at sprites though.

Beta tester might be a possibility. Other than that, there's nothing I need help with right now.

Update!

Ok, some things that I have accomplished:

1). Completed porting 12 songs from RSE (I don't think any turned out perfect, but they're pretty darn close).

2). Remapped/updated probably every map that will be included in the beta (one of the many reasons why its taking me so long to do things...)

3). Dive is now working properly for beta 1. I edited the script(s) to make them work better, and overall polished it up a bit. Some screens:

dive_zpsdc6dc5d2.png
emerge_zps1b5c6f12.png

I've uploaded a video to show both some of the music, and dive. Found here

Now some other things:

repel_zpsd7d0cfc3.png

Added Darthatron's B/W repel system port!

interior_1_zpscfa36de8.png

Ported some indoor tiles from RSE.

berrytrees_zps24b5c903.png

Berry trees have been added. I'm working on a daily berry script, as well.

cloudy_zps64ea3fc9.png
raining_zps6c913eb6.png
stormy_zps4a4ffad8.png

And last but not least, I've implemented a dynamic weather system. Credits to Darthatron and colcolstyles for figuring it out, but the script has been modified by me to work the way I want it to. Unfortunately, the weather is still a bit erratic using the current script, but it'll do for beta 1.

---

Speaking of beta 1, here's a bit of information on what will be included: 2 towns, 2 cities, 2 forests, a bunch of routes, a mountain area, etc....
Altogether there will be two gyms available.

Also, I don't know if I've said this before, but comments/criticisms/suggestions are welcome!

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
wow ur update is looking owsome, and ur added dive feature in firered rom base is appreciable, i loved your tree tiles ,and those flying wingulls are looking stunning. . . .
And as far as critisicsm is concened, i dnt find any thing to criticise
And for suggestion every thing is looking fine for me as,but as iam a tile lover,ur indoor tiles looks owsome but the grass tiles should darken a little otherwise every thing goes fine. . . Just waiting 4 the beta to come.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Wow! amazing update :) I can smell the Beta creeping closer! ^^ For criticism, I do have a minor one.

EeGFVJ4.png

The green part I circle can do a more natural-looking curve. Other than that, I'm loving the progress! keep it up :)

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
nomi1993a said:
wow ur update is looking owsome, and ur added dive feature in firered rom base is appreciable, i loved your tree tiles ,and those flying wingulls are looking stunning. . . .
And as far as critisicsm is concened, i dnt find any thing to criticise
And for suggestion every thing is looking fine for me as,but as iam a tile lover,ur indoor tiles looks owsome but the grass tiles should darken a little otherwise every thing goes fine. . . Just waiting 4 the beta to come.

Thanks! I'm almost always tweaking the colors a bit, so I might mess with the grass a bit more.

Ash493 said:
Man, this is looking awesome! All those features are really huge plus for this hack =)

Thanks, I've worked hard on getting all these features to work. I have some more ideas for features that I'm working on as well!

AmazingCharizard said:
Man, that´s really impressive. Not only graphical but also functional appealing, keep up the awesome work.

Thank you!

Pinkish Purple said:
Wow! amazing update I can smell the Beta creeping closer! ^^ For criticism, I do have a minor one.

The green part I circle can do a more natural-looking curve. Other than that, I'm loving the progress! keep it up

I see what you mean about about the curve, but unfortunately I don't think there's anything I can do about it without replacing one of the colors in the palette used for the streetlight tile.

And yes, the beta is much closer with this update. I think I just need to insert a few more things and work on solidifying the storyline before scripting will finally commence. Of course, I have limited time to work so it won't be that quick and easy...

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I see what you mean about about the curve, but unfortunately I don't think there's anything I can do about it without replacing one of the colors in the palette used for the streetlight tile.

And yes, the beta is much closer with this update. I think I just need to insert a few more things and work on solidifying the storyline before scripting will finally commence. Of course, I have limited time to work so it won't be that quick and easy...

Alright, I guess it won't distract us much when we play anyways ^^ you the man! you're doing every single thing by yourself :D thats really cool hahas :) take as much time as u like yah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back