• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Moves

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
Years
When we battle, there is always a move you use more than the others, one you just love to use, be it an attack, stat booster, status inflicter, or entry hazard, there is a move for everyone. We all pick favorites, so what are yours?

Mine are Toxic, Stealth Rock and Ice Beam. Stealth Rock holds a special place in my heart because all the Pokemon fans in my town seem to love Charizard and Moltres ;). Ice Beam is great because it's a great STAB with 100% accuracy. It also has really good distribution. And I just love the concept of Toxic: Watch as your Pokemon progressively takes DoT and it gets worse with each turn. And there is nothing you can do about it!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like Spore. It has the ability to put your opponent to sleep as soon as the move hits, which gives you the time to get your Pokémon ready for sweeping, raise their defensive stats for stalling, set up entry hazards such as Toxic Spike and Stealth Rock, or do anything else that you feel like. I also like Draco Meteor. Other than Chansey, Blissey, and a few other Pokémon with high Special Defense stat, it can take out anyone with a single hit. It does lower your Special Attack stat, but it's a very powerful move.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
By effects in battle, hm...

-I almost always smack Volt Switch or U-turn on a pokemon if it can learn it.
-Toxic is my favorite status because it's most effective at ending stall wars. Unlike burn, it racks up, and punishes Recover spam.
-I like to opt for 100% acc moves over power (Surf > Hydro Pump)
-Quiver Dance is my favorite setup move.
-I generally prefer special elemental type moves over physical moves.

Years
Extreme Speed is one of my favorite moves to use. It's more powerful than other priority moves and it has extra priority (+2 instead of +1) in Gen V. Meteor Mash is a powerful move with good chance to raise Attack, though it's pretty much limited to Beldum line as to who can actually use them to its strengths. Don't get me started on Psycho boost, though it's a very limited move as well.

As for non-damaging moves, Shell Smash is just awesome with its boosts. Spore is just game-breaking to use, though to compensate for its deadly potential its distribution is very limited.

Doom Desire and Roar of Time are among the coolest looking moves, though they're hard to use to your advantage.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Scald is my favorite damage-dealing move, as it's a great combination of uniqueness and realism. It's the only water-type moves that causes a burn, and has quite an obvious name for that. It also has a fairly large distribution, giving it to almost every Water-type.

Swagger is my choice for a stat-inflicting move, as it is a real risk-taking move, although I must be aware that trying to confuse a Skarmory wouldn't be that helpful because of its high defense...

Shell Smash is my choice for a set-up move, although this can be stopped by priority users, trading 6 stat boosts for 2 defensive stat drops is just killer offensively. Shift Gear is also cool, but it's only limited to the Klinklang family, which is rather disappointing.

Back