• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Muse

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Are you a fan of Muse? (Who wouldn't be?) If so, why not spend your nights fan-girling about the world-famous British rock band here! Whether you love their music or you're just in love with Matt Bellamy, this is the place to be for anything- and everything-Muse.

For those that are unfamiliar with muse or just want to hear some more of their music, I'll provide a few songs to sample:

Spoiler:

Favourites songs, albums, band members, etc? Go go go!

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I haven't listened to them in years, but I loved Stockholm Syndrome when I was younger, which they released in 2005.

That piano in the chorus still gives me chills. I wish I could find the music video.

Years
I find muse is one of those bands that releases some songs that you love and others that you hate. My personal favourites are Uprising, Undisclosed Desires and Supermassive Black Hole but I enjoy most of their music. Sometimes though they just bring out terrible stuff like the dubstep sort of stuff on their latest album. They're a good band but far from the best.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Muse are a pretty interesting band for me - but honestly, lately I've figured that much of that interest just arises from how they go about making music than it strictly being good music. Indeed, I've found them to be one of the most hit-and-miss bands I've ever come across. Although when they get it right, they do definitely get it really right! I just feel like they don't do that enough given how much time they've had now. Definitely feel like they're just about staying afloat on one or two songs with every new album release now and struggling to come up with new stuff the way I imagine them wanting to. I mean, this weird rock x dubstep lovechild? Really?

Nonetheless, they've been awesome in the past, definitely! Absolution, although not in my top 10 albums or anything like that, was a real masterpiece and was imo their best work before they started tipping a little bit. Black Holes and Revelations was pretty decent too but afterwards... eh. I'm finding it harder to like them now.

However, what we should all be talking about, is how good they are live. While some of the stuff they do live is comparable to Lady Gaga's wardrobe in terms of usefulness and practicality, there's no denying that they can put on one hell of a show. I saw then back in September 2010, I think, at Wembley and they were playing a load of stuff from The Resistance which, while not totally my cup of tea, didn't matter one bit - because the show was just so incredible omfg. If you consider yourself a fan of them to any degree and you've not yet managed to see them then, well, do it. You'll not regret it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not a huge fan of Muse, but I do enjoy their music. Whenever I catch a song of theirs on the radio, I'll listen. I have a few downloaded, not a lot though. I actually do have one of their albums, Resistance, which I do enjoy and listen to quite a lot.

Years
Muse are my favorite band! Personally I prefer their older songs, from the albums Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry, and the Hullabaloo live sound tracks.
My favorite songs: Assassin, Cave, Dark Shines, Dead Star, Falling Down, Futurism, The Groove, Hyper Chondriac Music/hyper Music, I belong To You, Resistance, Screenager, Showbiz, Take a Bow, Uprising, Yes Please.

I'd love to see a remastered version of Yes Please, with lots of variations in all instruments rather than the same repeated one.
I reckon they're one of the best live band ever as well.

Sir Codin

Haven't listened to them in a while, I hear their new album blows (I hear the dubstep has something to do with that; no surprise). Shame too, I've really liked all of their albums (except their first, I thought that was meh).

Winner songs: Fillip, Bliss, Hyper Music, Plug In Baby, Citizens Erased, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Butterflies and Hurricanes, The Small Print, Starlight, Supermassive Blackhole (hi, Livewire!), Map of the Problematique, Assassin, Knights of Cydonia, Uprising, Resistance, United States of Eurasia, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, Exogenesis Symphony (all of it).

There's also this (spoilered due to profanity):

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Ironically enough i got into Muse by doing a reading book in my English class called "1984" turns out Muse based a whole lot of an album on that novel (Can't remember which one :/). Hence the song title "United States of Eurasia" (Read the book or watch the movie to get it)
I wouldn't say i'm heavily into them by i enjoy their music and listen to it from time to time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
@CarcharOdin: What... what did I just listen to lmao.

However, what we should all be talking about, is how good they are live.
Oh God yes. I've seen them live twice so far and they're just... ahhhhhhhhhhh. First time I was unlucky and could only get balcony tickets, but the second time I managed to get into the standing area and was so close to Bellamy I could almost touch him. ;;;; They're simply an amazing live band; their creativity with the whole production and Bellamy's natural stage presence go hand-in-hand to form something truly wonderful when they perform live. There's no quality lost at all in their performance which is rare for a lot of bands and they always manage to shake up the set list to cater for everyone's loves, so they certainly haven't won countless awards in this area for no reason.

How many people here have seen them live? Which tour(s) did you go to?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I personally really don't like them (don't kill me), but their new song "Madness" really .. ugh.. I.. Ugh.

I mean, that song just kills them for me.
That's really interesting, I've only ever heard positive reviews about that song haha. What makes you feel so strongly about it?

Years
Muse was my favourite band for about 4~4 1/2 years. Catching on to them almost as soon as "Black Holes and Revelations" came out. I'm about to go Super-Fanboy on 'yall so I'll politely spoiler the rest for all of you that don't want drool all over you battle-stations.
Spoiler:

All That being said however, I still have not seen them Live :(

Edit: Sorry about the first version of this post, I'm still working out the kinks of my newbness

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'm a huge fan of Muse...! Okay, I didn't know half of the songs posted here. I first heard them around 2009 or so, probably. I remember hearing Uprising on the radio a lot. That's one beauty of this band for me - every song amazingly delivers and I am always finding new songs.

My personal favorites are Madness, Neutron Star Collision, Resistance, Invincible, and Starlight. I can simply close my eyes and find myself in a new and better place... My favorite part in Madness would be the part starting from 3:06 in the music video Ozzy linked. How could anyone not like it? :P Sometimes, I initially don't like a song, but eventually I grow fond of it, like Bliss and Stockholm Syndrome.

I've never been to a live convert, cry. If I had the choice, I would definitely go see Muse perform live. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh god, that video of Feeling Good being played drunk kills my every time haha. The megaphone verse... I can't even, it's just so funny. So out of character for Matt, it's adorable watching him like that! And when they got offended by Uprising having to be played from the recorded version so they all swap instruments with Matt's cheeky smile on the drums and the interviewer not noticing, they really do have some great bloopers haha.

I'm a huge fan of Muse...! Okay, I didn't know half of the songs posted here. I first heard them around 2009 or so, probably. I remember hearing Uprising on the radio a lot. That's one beauty of this band for me - every song amazingly delivers and I am always finding new songs.
Baby you need to listen to Showbiz! It's their first album but there's soo many gems in it, it's really worth a listen if you haven't already. My personal favourite is Sunburn shot back when they were still geeky teens, but you also need to listen to Uno, Cave, Muscle Museum, Unintended (although I think I played you that one already!) and Fillip. Such a good album, honestly!

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I find Muse to be alright. They are a hit and miss with me. My favorite album probity be
Spoiler:
. Feel free to dislike me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I find Muse to be alright. They are a hit and miss with me. My favorite album probity be
Spoiler:
. Feel free to dislike me.
That's a rather rare opinion! Can I ask why you like The 2nd Law so much? :D It's one of those albums that I really want to love since it's not bad music or anything, but for some reason I can't seem to embrace it like their older work. It's probably just because Showbiz was a very decent album, leading onto Origin of Symmetry was was simply incredible, then to Absolution and Black Holes which were both even better than the last only being topped by The Resistance, and then they come out with The 2nd Law which... I guess it just didn't follow the trend in my eyes! It's unarguably (for me!) a good album, I just think they peaked their career around Black Holes/Resistance. But hopefully they've still got a lot left to give!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Am I the only one who thinks that both Knights of Cydonia and Panic Station are totally underrated songs? I don't understand why so many people see Madness as the best song on The 2nd Law, when in my eyes Panic Station is so much better and not just a lame U2 ripoff.
As for favorite album....I'd have to say Black Holes and Revelations. They had sooo many goods songs on that one, from Supermassive Black Hole to Starlight to Assassin. I still like the Resistance and The 2nd Law, but I liked the sound that they brought on Black Holes better.

Years
Am I the only one who thinks that both Knights of Cydonia and Panic Station are totally underrated songs? I don't understand why so many people see Madness as the best song on The 2nd Law, when in my eyes Panic Station is so much better and not just a lame U2 ripoff.
As for favorite album....I'd have to say Black Holes and Revelations. They had sooo many goods songs on that one, from Supermassive Black Hole to Starlight to Assassin. I still like the Resistance and The 2nd Law, but I liked the sound that they brought on Black Holes better.

I'm with you 110% actually, Panic Station is the best track on The 2nd Law. I kinda wonder why you think "Knights of Cydonia" as underrated though, overshadowed perhaps, due to later hits such as "Starlight" and the twilight fan-fuled "Supermassive Black Hole", but it was a rather large hit for them. Even making an appearance in Guitar Hero, and having the characters from the music video having their own official Myspaces. (I'm going to try to dig those up agian)

I feel Madness is more of a Queen Rip off, in fact, it sounds VERY similar to the Queen Song "I Want to Break Free"

Also, since we're on the topic of "Knights of Cydonia" Did you know it's a small tribute to Matt's dad George Bellamy and his dad's band "The Tornadoes" with the song borrowing heavly from the song "Telstar"

@Alex I've acually heard that they were in fact not drunk, but were asked not to swear on the program, but, I mean that's hard to confirm.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Am I the only one who thinks that both Knights of Cydonia and Panic Station are totally underrated songs?
I'm not sure Knights of Cydonia can really be called underrated, that song was (and still is!) huuuuge, it's one of their most highly rated songs ahah. But I agree so much about Panic Station, that song is utterly amazing. I don't care how similar it is to Another One Bites The Dust, it's just such an amazing song. It's one that you can instantly get into as soon as the intro starts and once you've listened to it a few times and get to know the lyrics etc, it's just amazing! Definitely my favourite from The 2nd Law.

I feel Madness is more of a Queen Rip off, in fact, it sounds VERY similar to the Queen Song "I Want to Break Free"
Oh god yes, could not agree more. Especially the solo, it just screams Queen. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing - I don't really mind if it sounds like other bands as long as it sounds good. It is a really good song that's for sure, but I definitely wouldn't call it the best on the album by any means.

Also, since we're on the topic of "Knights of Cydonia" Did you know it's a small tribute to Matt's dad George Bellamy and his dad's band "The Tornadoes" with the song borrowing heavly from the song "Telstar"
Oh wow, I didn't know this! I can't listen to the video right now so remind me later, but I'm actually really surprised to hear this. I didn't think Muse did that kind of thing much haha, Knights of Cydonia seemed like such an original and unique song - partly why it receives so much endless praise! How heavily does it borrow from the song?

@Alex I've acually heard that they were in fact not drunk, but were asked not to swear on the program, but, I mean that's hard to confirm.
Lol honestly I wouldn't put this past Matt, he's been known to do worse when he gets offended.

Back