• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2008
hi im new to the site so i dont know tht much bout it but i really do like pokemon shiny gold creds go to u ZEL!!! thnks 4 makin the best pkmon game in the world

wraith89

Pollo prima dell'uovo
Years
Cool! This stuff is amazing! But just a few things. When I tried to play as the girl character, everyone refers to her as "sir" and has the same dialogue as if they were talking to the boy protagonist...

Also, is it possible to change Ghost moves into Special base and Dark moves into Physical? They're both super effective against Psychics and Ghosts and the only difference is that Ghost moves don't affect Normal types while Dark moves are ineffective against Fighting types. I mean really, Special Crunch/Bite/Faint Attack/Thief/Pursuit make no sense whatsoever... and as for the Ghost moves, sure Lick/Astonish are Physical, but I don't think I'd use it as much as Shadow Ball (Gengar's Shadow Ball just doesn't do enough damage!)

That's just a suggestion... you don't have to implement it if you don't want to...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... but how does Amelia's Blaziken have Ice Punch? (X version) Ice Punch isn't compatible with Blaziken...

Last edited:

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
Blaziken with Ice Punch?! o.O
It should have Thunderpunch instead, it can learn that :)
I've also seen attack mistakes as well, but I can't remember any of them...been a while since i've played it,
because my computer crashed :(

Last edited:

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
Amelia's Blaziken has Thunderpunch, not Ice Punch.

Changing the Dark moves to physical and Ghost moves to special would be contradictory of the goal of the rom hack, which Zel intends to be able to trade with Fire Red. Such a drastic change would have a significant impact on the game itself and how it is played, which would make an entirely new game itself, again contradictory to compatibility with Fire Red as both games have different mechanics, unlike 2nd gen and 1st gen.

I think the DP graphics are a poor fit on this hack at best - DP and third gen have a huge difference in graphics as DP's graphics are 3D, while third gen is 2D. I actually would advocate a change in some tiles, namely the signs and the gyms, to a more fitting design.

destinytrigger

Prodigious Zombie Hunter
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
In the rocket hideout in Mahogany, just in front of the generator, there are portions of the wall that you appear to "walk" on. Not a gameplay issue, just a minor graphical error.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
Hey im new here and i want to play the latest version of this game but when i go 2 his first post(Zel's) I can't seem to find it. And i seem to be having probs with it altogether like i don't understand if im doing it right or not or what i need. I have the firered rom and the visualboy advance but i dunno how to get shiny gold 2 work oh and if it's allowed can someone show me the link to the LIPS file you used to get this game to work? Thanks alot of you can help cuz this game looks nice.

ok i got the latest edtition of the ''game'' but i can't seem to get it 2 work and by this i mean HOW do i get it 2 work becuz when i downloaded it from this post it was an ips file and i have pokemon fire red rom so now i just need help on this. anyone?

ok i got it to work now it says the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed. How do i fix this cuz i got the game 2 start up but i get this prob. anyone?

oh and sry for triple posting i didn't see the edit button so srry i really didn't mean to and it won't happen again and im sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
ok i got it to work now it says the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed. How do i fix this cuz i got the game 2 start up but i get this prob. anyone?

oh and sry for triple posting i didn't see the edit button so srry i really didn't mean to and it won't happen again and im sorry

hey i think you need to delete all your savefile (if you had already started playing)..and before you begin open your VBA and click option > emulator > save type and change the flash 64k to 128k. then begin..

hope you get it..

Saviour_Gundam

ZGMF-X23S
Years
  • Age 36
  • CT
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
Ok, I've done this over a hundred times, I've downloaded the ROM, Downloaded the IPS, used Lunar IPS to put the two together (Worked w/ Gold and Prisim Version).
Changed the flash from 64 to 128 (and back).
And All I get is a white screen.

What am I doing wrong?????? :: bashes bloody scalp into keyboard ::

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
Thanks ke14int i got it working now and i just started playing it. This is a great game omg the best Gold version remake i've ever played(and i've played alot of fake pokemon g/s/c games).

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Post on page 100!!!

lol

I hope ShinyGold doesn't get any Fakemon because I want to play it on my NDS using a Flashcard...
And I don't want a Bad Egg...

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2008
I have looked EVERYWERE for the answer to my question yet I still cannot find it...
How do you restart your game after beating Lance and Carlos!
I have heard it happens to other people but no one seems to know the answer.
I will be very grateful if someone replies, thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2010
Hi im new but i've been playing this game for a while now and i have one
Queston in beta 5x can u go in mt silver and if not will it be in beta 6

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Sorry for not being around more yesterday, but I had some problems with the web browser (though it sounds more as if the ISP had some kind of problem and didnt allow me to open pages), so, I'll reply and talk about the update at the end of another long multi-quote post... Ready, GO!

How come some shiny gold roms have diffrent graohics than others? for example, some shiny gold roms have the hero wearing goggles, but the one I have has the hero wearing noting pleas answer ASAP!

Probably, the others are older Betas. I've decided to change the hero's overworld sprite after Beta2, maybe that's why. And I have also changed the hero's battle sprite after B4 (or was it 5? :\)

I can't wait for beta 6 to be released, maybe you could make the maps
bigger in version 1. Because in Pokémon FRLG the maps were bigger then
Pokémon RBY. But I'd think Shiny Gold should have bigger maps because the maps in
Shiny Gold are the same as Pokémon GSC. In Pokémon GSC the maps are 5x.
But in Pokémon RSE and FRLG, the maps are 7x in size. But why are you making the
maps the same size as Pokémon GSC? :\ I'm sorry zel if you don't understand this. -.-

I wanted to follow the same structures as the original maps had, why? maybe because it's another of my lazyness problems (yeah, most likely it's that). I'm not really a good mapper, I admit it.

So, the maps will stay as that, if later someone wants to do something about them, as soon as I allow the hack to be "overhackeable", then you may edit as much as you wish.

By the way, if Nintendo did change their maps size it wasnt because they wanted them to look pretty, but I have the hunch it was more like they had to in order to avoid many problems (specially related to overworlds setting)

Zel, will you show us a sneak peak of your secret area of Kyogre and Groudon's lair?

Along with Rayquaza?

You already have a good idea of where will Rayquaza be located. And, I cannot reveal anything about the other two. But, in any case, I hack as I progress and dont do stuff that will be quite ahead in the game (I'm not that anxious), when the moment to reach those place comes, I'll implement them, and probably, I wont show those events as it'll be more exciting to discover them by yourself.

Can we PLEASE have the big pokedolls like in GSC?

Hmmmm... I dont think so. Implementing the room decoration system, although not impossible, would be extremely tiring. Anyway, wasnt that a feature only in Crystal? (dont forget this is a remake of Gold)

also zel do you think it's possible to add more than 168 sprites?
if yes I'll try to add some as leganary poke sprites.

At least when I tried to a few weeks ago, they showed on OWE but not in Advance Map nor in the rom later. Currently my answer should be: No.

How are you gonna interpret the radio? Cuz Teachy-Tv would suit it well as you could have like a little pokemon parade while the radio's on.

I think that it'll be something really basic. Putting radios on houses with a multi command to allow you to listen to different stations. That's as far as I'll go, probably (anything else to make it more close as in GSC would require creating something from scratch = ASM), but, in any case it's not exactly an important feature so I won't code it just yet, but it may be implemented in a later release.

Cool! This stuff is amazing! But just a few things. When I tried to play as the girl character, everyone refers to her as "sir" and has the same dialogue as if they were talking to the boy protagonist...

I know about that, only that I havent pay attention to that, as a whole lot of other things.

By the way, the Ghost->special and stuff official reply is basically what Aquillae said. I just dont want to mess with the stuff Nintendo did, it still must look a bit official (I just change some of the stuff they did that annoys me)

I think the DP graphics are a poor fit on this hack at best - DP and third gen have a huge difference in graphics as DP's graphics are 3D, while third gen is 2D. I actually would advocate a change in some tiles, namely the signs and the gyms, to a more fitting design.

Still, my idea is to mix graphics from all 3 generations, that's why I add some DP graphs as well. Not like they differ that much from gen-2. If you try to convince me they look 3D, compared against a PS3 or other consoles, you'll have a hard time, let me tell you... lol

I hope ShinyGold doesn't get any Fakemon because I want to play it on my NDS using a Flashcard...
And I don't want a Bad Egg...

Nah, no Fakemon's on Shiny Gold. Why would there be one, if I'm just remaking the original Gold? With the addition of Hoenn Pokemon should be enough to entertain everyone.

I have looked EVERYWERE for the answer to my question yet I still cannot find it...
How do you restart your game after beating Lance and Carlos!
I have heard it happens to other people but no one seems to know the answer.
I will be very grateful if someone replies, thanks!

Close the emulator, delete any .sav or .sa1 file, avoid using the saved files as well. Open the emulator, make sure the Flash 128k option is enabled, and now start a new game again. This time the game will acknowledge your settings and it'll be able to save&load. The problem is starting the game from the beginning, but that's not my problem, it's something that has happened to me as well when I played FR.

Hi im new but i've been playing this game for a while now and i have one
Queston in beta 5x can u go in mt silver and if not will it be in beta 6

On Beta 6 you'll be able to reach up to Mt.Silver and battle Red (and have a second round against the E4)

--------------

UPDATE: Well, the digging minigame is finally finished, after inserting the overworlds. I'll just post the link to the video and talk more about how the system works in the next post (which I'll make in a few hours tonight), I dont want to extend this post any more.
Click Me! - Digging Minigame Video

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Dude nice. I ignored it for to long and now look I found the greatest thing on gba hacks right here. I seriously want to say sorry for ignoring this and the biggest good luck to having the most succesful hacks out there.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Wow. Nice job on the digging game, Zel. It's very detailed, and pretty close to the one in D/P. Very impressive.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Hmmmm... I dont think so. Implementing the room decoration system, although not impossible, would be extremely tiring. Anyway, wasnt that a feature only in Crystal? (dont forget this is a remake of Gold)

No, it was in Gold/Silver as well.

Years
Yeah! The digging mini game looks awesome. I have one question. So, is there a limited time to dig things up or after getting 3 items, the mini game ends?

I wonder where Fossil Cave is...

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Congrats for the 100 (and 1) pages, its a true indicator of how great Shiny Gold is.
And if you want any proof, just check how many ppl registered in the forums just for this thread...

Anyway i just watch the video, the digging game is OUTSTANDING worth every capital letter
where will it be located?
And about my favourite, the beautiful Scyther, it would be great if it were available in the wild, and not only in the bug-catching contest (to get one cost me a automatic everstone...)

And for you guys saying "take your time", stop it, even if you dont mean it, you're basically doing the opposite...
Its ready when its ready... and no it wont be another Duke Nukem Forever...

Last edited:
Back