• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Bright Lights, Bigger City ★

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

bright lights, bigger city ★

Hello everyone, and welcome to my....gallery.

First off, to introduce myself, I'm Megan. I was once known as Meganium90, for those who don't know. I do some photography in my spare time, but at times it's like "oh look a beautiful sunset *snaps pic*". In the recent days, I've been capturing a few pictures, but never got around to showing them off. They are just stored inside my camera or inside phone. xD

Last year, I've been taking several trips to Sea World and took pictures of the animals there. Instead of using my usual camera phone, I used my sister's Kodak EasyShare C1550 camera to take the pictures, because using my camera phone was horrific when taking moving objects.

Recently I came out with my talent by showing off a few pictures to a few friends, and I was given a "Y U NO MAKE A GALLERY." Nica included lol. Honestly, I wasn't exactly confident on how *amazing* I was with these pictures. I was just taking them because I thought they were pretty.

Now, here I am. Showcasing my works. I'll be posting a few pictures in two separate spoilers, because the majority I'll be posting are animals and nature...and the rest will be just random.

None of the pictures here are photoshopped or instagrammed. I am glad I kept the original picture to show off the beauty.

Sea World - 2011 (old work)
Spoiler:

2012 (old to more recent work)
Spoiler:

I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions to improve the quality of my pictures as well as my picture taking. I do try my best. ^_^ Thanks for stopping by my gallery, and keep shining.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Meganium n_n Okay so replying like I said I would, and luckily having used EasyShare in the past I can help you out a bit more than just saying "do this do that". The first one looks like it wasn't really held still or wasn't focused properly, so in case you haven't done it before on that, just fiddle with the shutter button and half push it in to help get a better focus, especially at night time. Generally most of the modes aren't that great on there so they won't really help you out that much although iirc close up can be useful sometimes but ya. :(

Anyway, considering camera quality the second of 2012 is actually pretty good. If the camera was better you'd have got a much better shot but unfortunately it sucks with night shots. As for the flower, generally straight on isn't the greatest ever, so you could try going on different angles, like from where the water on the edge of the petal is and showing the flower from that point of view, or from another angle. Angels tend to improve photography!

The buildings one it seems a little light so I'd probably have lowered the ISO on it because angles don't really adjust the lighting on that camera iirc, so I'd bring it down maybe -2? And it'd look a bit nicer. Flaw is that it's a car shot but that can't really be helped. However try to get the top of the building next time, it'll improve it more and look less cut off. The graduation pic is very bright on the left so really I'd have swapped them around (the white on the right side, and darker on left) and it'd help out the lighting because there's not much you can really adjust to make it look nice on that camera. Also I'd show the bottom of it too because it looks really close to the bottom and... isn't, so it feels like something's missing. If it was a little more even in terms of what was cut off on the top and the bottom it'd look much better! Pancakes is lighting, ya. Maybe try adjusting the focus a little since it seems a little out of focus but that might be just me.

Fountain one is good considering what it was taken on/lighting but I'd consider placing it on the rocks so you get like the higher angle type view. idk how to explain it but if you put it on the rocks and face it upwards it'd have balance and look way more amazing!

Skipping most of 2011 because again, camera prevents it a little, and the fact that it's hard to capture stuff that is in the air. For the seagull I'd lighten the iso a bit because it looks really bright, or take it from the other side where your shadow would mask it a little but it looks really white and that spoils it a bit, it should be as close to natural colours as possible. I love the flying dolphin one, btw. Either way, good work for the camera you've got! I do hope you do switch because as mentioned, iPhone can take amazing photos (and practice too), so take photos of everything you see, and play around with the menu functions rather than the camera settings, it'll help. :3 Sorry this response is short!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Seriously considering that, really @ the iPhone. In the past I was too eager to take many pictures of the animals there, so I was like..not certain about my works. xD I will gratefully take your advice into consideration.

I should do better these days now since my main camera is my phone atm. xD It does have pretty useful settings. :P

Soon I'll post more pictures when I get the chance. The majority being recent. :)

Back