• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sir, I am going to have to ask you to step out of the Vehicle.

Sirfetch’d

Have you ever been pulled over by a cop? Are you a cop that likes to pull people over? What is your experience on the road with the police?

I have been pulled over once, but it was a misunderstanding an I was let go.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I got pulled over once because one of our taillights weren't working and my mom didn't tell me before I went to go and pick up my brother. I was let off with a warning but I was so late picking up my brother because I went back to drive home to switch to the van just to be safe ahaha.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Nope. I know I will someday, but I'm hoping to break my mother's record of 30+ years. To do that, I need to ensure I know when my lights are out and that I don't speed more than anyone else. I hope I have the right gene for that, as opposed to being pulled over for speeding like my dad has a few times when he's been in a hurry.

I know the local cops' favorite spot, at least. I always slow down there xD

Years
Can't say that I have. I haven't done much driving in a while, but whenever I do/did drive I'm slightly paranoid about following the speed limit and making sure everything is correct, especially if I see a cop around; no tickets yet, and I hope never to get one. :D

(Closest I ever got was just a cop flashing his lights at me just because he wanted to pass me. Bleh!)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I don't drive, so no, I havent. But I remember a time where my mum picked me up and we drove home and she got pulled over. It was only for the usual alochol and drug check they randomly snag cars for. Other than those on the spot checks, nope.

Years
Unfortunately, I don't drive so I haven't ever been pulled over by police.

And also, this is my 4,800th post!

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
As I am too young to drive I haven't been pulled over by the police. My real dad has but he wouldn't tell me why he did.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
Years
I don't have my license so no, but my Dad has despite him being a Policeman, which I thought was quite funny

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I've only been pulled once but it was a mistake of mine at a three way stop. He detective let me go with a warning and said to be more careful at stops like this. I was of course very polite and he liked that I think.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I've never been pulled over, but I did have to deal with a cop before about a vehicle.

I was parked in front of a house (across the street from it, actually) around 2 in the morning because I wanted to go to the park with my friend. The park closes at 10 PM and parking there afterwards wasn't that good of an idea, to me. So I parked a few lots away and walked there.

We went to the park and on our way back, we saw a cop car with their lights on sitting behind the vehicle. The person across the street reported a suspicious vehicle in front of their house. Dumb ass old people. What if I had just run out of gas, or the car broke down? People jump to conclusions too much.

But I've never been pulled over before. I drive magnificently.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I'm an amazing driver. I shall never be pulled over!

Really though, I don't even see a lot of cops when I'm driving. How does one get pulled over?

Years
I'd be afraid if I ever got pulled over.

The only interactions I've had with police have been as a pedestrian. Once I was walking with a friend at night, nothing more, and a cop car drove by all slow like and flashed its spotlight on us. Really creepy and intimidating. The other time I was waiting for someone outside a store and I was tired so I just sat down against the building and a cop came and stood within a few feet of me told me I couldn't do that (because of some anti-homeless laws or something).

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I really only drive to and from school, the grocery store and some friend's houses (that don't live terribly far away) so I don't have much problem controlling myself when it comes to driving. In other words, I've never had a run in with the police and I don't expect to in the near future. Of course, anything can happen.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Well after like few years of driving, this summer I got pulled over once for making an illegal left turn on a road that apparently doesn't allow left turn (it's not one way or anything!) I just didn't see the sign =(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My Dad's a traffic cop, so I've always been very careful never to get pulled over because the file would cross his desk and then I'd get the safe driving lecture lol.

The only time I've ever been pulled over was on my way to work once, and it was for a random breath test. They set up stations on the side of the road here every so often and pull drivers over at random to test their breath for alcohol. I think they "randomly" chose me because I have P plates on my car (indicating that I'm still a young driver). It was a fairly pleasant experience, I showed them my license, counted backwards from 10 in their little machine and went on my way.

How many drunk drivers they were expecting to catch at 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon is beyond me, but who am I to question the infinite wisdom of our great police force?

Cid

Years
Obviously I wasn't driving, but a cop pulled us over once. My dad was driving, I was about to attend to an academic orientation to a distant city. His offense was about a wrong turn or something like that, but in our defense, we were simply misinformed. I mean, we weren't familiar with that city's traffic rules and whatnot. We explained to the cop our situation, that we weren't locals so we had no idea, but the cop was adamant. He insisted that my dad should pay a fine. Thankfully my mom was also there, and she managed to explain it politely to the cop. So he let us go, and I got to the orientation.

It was a scary experience though. I kept thinking my dad would surely go to jail or something, haha. Not that it would go to that extreme, but I still thought that.

Back