• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who was your starter and why did you choose him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My starter in Leaf Green was Charmander. I chose him because i liked Fire types a lot.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
My first ever starter was Squirtle, and it still remains to be my favorite of the 3. I didn't really know much about Pokemon then, so I think I chose Squirtle because I liked turtles...

Years
My first real playthrough of FireRed I picked Bulbasaur as my starter. In the older games I had used both the Squirtle and Charmander lines quite a bit, but never Bulbasaur for some reason, so I decided to give it a try. If I was starting up a new game from the beginning again, though, I'd probably take Squirtle.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
My starter was Charmander as I love his design, type and everything about his, I will use the others when they are available to me in HeartGold

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I chose charmander all the times I played FR/LF. Despite it's super mainstream, I really enjoy it's desing and all of it's evos. Charizard is specially pretty IMO.

I still want to use bulbasaur, so I guess my next FR/LG run will be with it as starter.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I always chose Bulbasaur.
I'm simply a "plant person", & Bulbasaur seemed like the Pokèmon for me.

Beyond that, I adore EV training Venusaurs.

Years
My first and most used starter when i redo the game was Bulbasaur. Here where i live, everyone who had the game kept choosing Charmender because it was cool, and someone else Squirtle cause it was useful. Since nobody i knew ever chose Bulbasaur, i felt a little sad for that pokémon (i was a kid those days) and so i decided that my first and most epic adventure would be with him and he still is my first choice, i simply felt in love with him.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
When ever I play FR or LG (I use GBA emulator) I usually go with Charmander, 80% of the time

To be honest, once I catch Meowth, Charmander (or Chameleon if it has evolved along the way) stays in the PC pretty much for the rest of the game, that is if I don't have space for a 6th Pokemon.

For some reason i don't like any of the three starters in Kanto.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Squirtle. In the Kanto games it has always been my go to guy... or girl... or Pokemon... I've played through Leaf Green more times than any other Pokemon game and not once have I chosen any of the other two starters. And quite possibly that's true for the original Blue as well.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
My first ever Pokemon was Bulbasaur, mainly because I found it the most desirable of the three. I picked it on LeafGreen, the first Pokemon game I ever played. I always either pick Squirtle or Charmander on my FireRed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back