• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

THE CHARACTER --- STANDARD 001

Name: Derrick Fastolf
Nickname: DERR
Sex: Male
Dorm: Suicune Dorm
Theme Song: One More Time - Daft Punk

IN-DEPTH

Appearance: This bouncy gentleman has large eyes the color of blueberries. His silky, wavy, chestnut hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a pair of horns. He has an overmuscled build. His skin is white. He has an elegant nose.

Black jacket and a regular white shirt underneath plus a pair of red denim jeans is usually his typical attire. His face is round and has no special traits to it (other than his nose), much like the rest of his person. His height is of 6ft 2in and his weight is of 165lbs.

Personality: Proud and self-confident. Derr is a guy who you will hate unless you're like him. You'll get criticized by him (rather harshly I must add) if he decides you're not doing things right. It also seems nobody does things right when he's around. His temper is rather explosive, but he tends to keep a cheerful attitude at things... most of the times. He's not the kind of guy that would cry about stuff, if at all, of course this doesn't imply he won't be feeling blue every now and then, he just won't show with ease. Rather cold and distant to strangers, and as such he won't be earning many friends as most people do, or any, for that matter.

A music aficionado to no end. He will always be listening music in his stereo headphones as loudly as possible. Don't be surprised if he can barely hear what you say when he takes them off. His tastes for music are mostly oriented to Techno, and chances are it'll be the only thing he'll listen to during his stay at the Academy.

A Pokemon lover. Of the ones that are cute of course, not that hideous, Trubbish thing, ugh! He will try to pet as many Pokémon he deems adorable as he can, although most of the times these will get all scared and launch attacks at him out of distress. Most of the times he's still far enough to actually be hit by these moves, but a few times he gets scratched all over his face and whatnot. It's not exactly pleasant, if at all.

History: His father is a retired Trainer from the Johto region and his mother a breeder that grew up in Unova. Both ended up meeting when they decided to move to Sinnoh. They settled here, and were soon blessed with a child.

Derrick was not different from all children or teenagers around. He grew up in a regular home, with a regular life in regular Jubilife City. Like all other kids he was anxious to go on a journey after he came of age. Like all other kids he was encouraged towards pursuing this.

He set soon with a Gible specially bred by his mother. And he was soon on track to become a great Trainer. One badge, and his mother awarded him with a Pokemon she had long since used: A Frillish. Another badge and he went back to Jubilife to visit his parents. His father decided to gift him his last Pokemon, who just so happened to be a Stantler.

Having a mother experienced in Pokemon, it wasn't very unusual to him to have a wide knowledge on several Pokemon: particularly those of the region of Unova. His battling skills were also no laughing matter, he was serious when in battle and, in spite of being clumsy proved to be a worthy opponent.

So it wasn't much of a surprise when he received a letter of acceptance into the Pokemon Trainer Academy, and was pretty much eager at the sight of the package that arrived within the letter. He quickly raced after biding his farewells and receiving supplies for his jet black bag from his parents, catching the following ship, and at thus heading directly to the Academy.

THE POKÉMON ROOSTER

443.png

Species: Gible♂
Nickname: Ipso Facto
Personality: Arrogant and somewhat selfish. Ipso Facto enjoys winning and despises losing against any foe. He tends to hold grudges over anything for excessively long periods of time, and is not exactly the one to be happy, if at all, but he is overall a decent fighter when in battle.
Lv.: 22
Dragon Rush | Sandstorm | Fire Fang | Return

592.png

Species: Frillish♀
Nickname: Nightwish
Personality: Much more distant than Derr is. Nightwish won't be the happiest Pokemon in battle, or the saddest, or... the one that ever shows any emotion for that matter, but she knows how to handle a battle with quite some efficiency.
Lv.: 20
Water Gun | Shadow Ball | Energy Ball | Rain Dance

234.png

Species: Stantler♂
Nickname: Rudolph
Personality: Rudolph is protective of his Trainer and very caring of him. He tends to disregard battles and ensure the safety of his Trainer, which will most likely lead to his defeat. In spite of this, he is a happy-go-lucky guy that enjoys everything he or Derr does.
Lv.: 20
Stomp | Confusion

THE OPENING POST

The Pokemon Trainer Academy

Derrick Fastolf

Somewhere... At some random ship.

The bright sunlight hit the boat that he was in, racing across all decks and cargo and, in time, to his room. He had spent most of his time sleeping and just debating with himself. What would be waiting for him at the island? Were the other Trainers nice? What kind of Pokemon would be available, if any? This and more questions seemed to flicker across his head, not granting him enough time of reply before moving on to the next thought.

A message echoed all around the ship.
The ship was to arrive soon.
He had to get ready.

The barks and cries of three different creatures snapped him out of his current trance. Ipso Facto was chasing Rudolph, who was trying to chase Frillish... who seemed pretty much irresponsive to the whole situation. How long had it been since they were doing that? An hour, or two perhaps... Yeah, maybe two.

He gazed thru the window on his room. An image of an island was beginning to show itself behind the vast horizon. That had to be it.

The Academy was closer than ever before...

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Bruce should join me, cosmicfury, and genevieves posse! Even though we dont post often XD itd still be fun..

It would. Thing is... Bruce is sort of... shy, let's say. Maybe they see him walking around staring worriedly at his Pokéball and ask what's wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Post is up.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Either way, I can easily manage what goes on. Just prepare to have a really creepy ghost and a "trigger-happy" Shellder crawling all over you and your Pokémon. lol

Cosmic Fury

Years
I think it's on page 186, if I recall correctly...

EDIT: Well, I posted, and it can now be easily seen how close to evil his Pokémon are in general. One would think there's no hope at all when it comes to overcoming their mental deficiencies...

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'll be posting tomorrow. Got a lot to do today to get ready for the slumber party I'm having tonight.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Exploring around is good but how does time works in this RP? I mean when will classes begin?
Also partaaay hard Gen! don't get a hangover though

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'm too young to drink, plus I have no interest in it. (Goody two shoes and proud of it)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Actually Gen there's nothing wrong with your logic.
Also another question : the dorm is a like a big room containing all the bedrooms and a huge bathroom or divided into many rooms each with a bathroom?

Cosmic Fury

Years
Not quite sure. I'm pretty sure we're going to get to those soon, though.

Also, dorms are actually a little bit like apartments most of the time. A lot of the time they'll have their own bathroom, and there will be a common area nearly all of the time, either between multiple rooms or for the building in general. There will very often be at least two students per room (or three, depending on the situation), but it happens a LOT where there are individual rooms connected to each other by a common area (each with their own bathroom), so that in this case someone can have privacy and security for their possessions.

In this case, the latter will be the case because not only are there students, but they have Pokémon as well. So, they'll likely get the room to themselves (along with its own bathroom), and likely have a rather spacious one, for those with larger Pokémon. However, there will likely be a common area for multiple rooms. So I can easily see there being groups of three or four rooms, with a common area along with its exit.

Having been both in college for a year and being currently in the Navy (in a shore command), I can say that I speak from experience in this regard.

Last edited:

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
(Time for a revision!!!)
Information
---------------------------------
Name: Mike "Miketastic" Forde V
Nickname: Miketastic
Sex: Male
Dorm: Entei Dorm
Character
Appearance: What one almost always notices first about Mike is his fairly average complexion, which features rather plain-looking dirty blonde hair, along with brown-green eyes that together help him blend into a crowd easily. His glasses also serve to throw people off, unless they get a better look at him.

Being fairly tall, Mike also has a strong build that makes him look somewhat imposing after one stops looking at just his face, especially when he goes about in his usual black shirt and shorts. He tends to show off his well-developed muscles by never going about anything in long sleeves, no matter what kind of weather is outside.

His rather fierce looks are complemented by the dark-colored Golbat that is always nearby. Sometimes, she likes to tuck herself between his back and his shirt and spread her wings, giving her trainer a very intimidating appearance for foes out in the wild (which usually works well enough for his unusually strong Wartortle to beat them down straight afterwards).

History: Coming from a place called State N. Isle from the Orange Islands, Mike grew up in a small town, on a small island, out in the middle of the sea. Without much competition, he and his friend ended up as one of the few rivals the other had.

They both got their starters at an early age, Mike picking Squirtle (it was his dad's starter), which ended up being his mirror image because both met at such a young age. After that, their rivalry became more intense, and by the time they were 12, they had both won the local gym badge, and were considered the strongest trainers of their age on the island.

Mike thought he was close to unbeatable except by his rival at this point, and the two always shared the spot at the very top... until Drake, the Champion of the entire Orange Islands region, came to that island. Thinking he could win against all odds, he challenged Drake to a battle, only to get swept aside mercilessly by the Dragonite he started off with, which didn't even get a scratch during the whole thing.

He vowed that he would get strong enough to beat Drake and his dragons, but he knew that he would have to go where trainers were stronger than they were on this island to get better. He got his rich parents to send him to the Pokémon Academy, where he aspires to become strong enough to beat the Orange Champion, and claim his throne for himself, and more importantly, finally best his rival, Jason!!!
Pokemon
--------------------------------
First, Fang the Golbat. A female to many opponent of Mike's surprise, Fang is very loyal. She usually carries out personal deeds for her trainer, and Mike could possibly like her more than Jason. She has a similar personality to Mike, being calm and calculating until provoked, where she becomes monstrous and feared. She was caught when a wild Kadabra attacked her and Mike steeped in. Wartortle used bite and beat Kadabra, then Mike proceeded to heal the Zubat and challenge her. This Zubat beat Wartortle, but was exhausted enough to be caught. Currently she is level 28 with the ability Infiltrator and the moves Bite, Confuse Ray, Air Cutter and Aerial Ace .

Second, Squirt the Wartortle. Being the first pokemon Mike has ever seen, there was an instant connection. Squirt is almost like a Slaking, lazy but really strong when he needs to be. He was so strong, in fact, that he beat Jason's Ivysaur all by himself! He is a big Wartortle, slightly smaller than a small Blastoise. Squirt was Mike's starter, given by dad to start his journey. Currently he is level 27 with the ability Torrent and the moves Water Gun, Bite, Protect, Withdraw, Mega Kick and Ice Beam.

Opening Post
A boy was sleeping for the 3rd day in on the S.S. Orange, wondering when the stop will come. Extremely bored, he goes on his laptop and checks his new GPS feature. He was 5 miles away!!! Suddenly excitement started to burst into his life again. He yelled "YES" so loud that others noticed, but he didn't care, as he has finally arrived at the desired area. He launched a Poke ball into the sky, yelling "Fang, come on out!" A Golbat appeared and quickly tucked under his short-sleeve shirt, sprouting its wings and making him seem like the devil. As everyone looked amazed, he walked to the edge of the S.S. Orange and leaped off. People expected him to fly, but he instead shouted "Squirt, help me swim!" A Wartortle burst from a Poke Ball and swam the boy far faster than the ship over to his destination: the Pokemon Trainer Academy. Quickly changing from excited to serous, he arrives at the island and says to his 2 pokemon "whew, we finally made it. This is where I'll learn how to beat Drake. Let's go!!!" And thus, his quest finally began...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's my revision and I hope you like it! Thanks to Cosmic Fury for the help! Hope this is good enough!!!

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
@EliteBeats: Your SU looks good to go! Good job!

@Pokefan: You have to go by the SU guidelines. I can't make exceptions. It isn't fair to the folks who actually put that kind of work into their SUs. Read through a few of them and see if you cant get some ideas

Also everyone, I'm compiling the second class list. Once the second classes are through, some big story events will hopefully be taking place ;) Possibly while classes are all in session. Keep a lookout~ I'll have a list soon.

Cosmic Fury

Years
I personally like it. He made it look very nice and organized, in spite of the jumble of information we tossed around as I helped him put it together.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Wow, I find it hilarious how Bruce's first social interaction apart from his master (that he can remember) has gone so bad *insert Bad Luck Brian meme here*

Cosmic Fury

Years
Yeah, and so has Adrian's attempt at keeping a mental leash on his own Pokémon. Sure, they were trained to attack and use their wits when he wasn't up to giving commands, but they go overboard too often and too far. This was one of those times.

THe whole thing was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back