• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald Decapitalization Patch (D/L Link Fixed)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
New 3.0 update to fix a few more. For those that have already implemented, two small bugs related to when dkp made the patch, but they are fixed here for those that have already patched:

For fixing the Bug Ghost type problem in-battle and in the pokedex, just add BC E9 DB FF 00 00 00 C1 DC E3 E7 E8 FF at 0x31AE62.

Pokemon SKILLS is at 0x5EA3DC and just add CA E3 DF 1B E1 E3 E2 00 CD DF DD E0 E0 E7 FF

CONTEST Moves is at 0x5EA3F8 and just add BD E3 E2 E8 D9 E7 E8 00 C7 E3 EA D9 E7 FF

"Ups Bugsmoves in a pinch." is at 0x31B5F7 and just add CF E4 E7 00 BC E9 DB 00 E1 E3 EA D9 E7 00 DD E2 00 D5 00 E4 DD E2 D7 DC AD FF

Years
Awesome job on the update, but I found a weird bug. In the Fortree City gym, the turning panels are gone but when walking around it shows the player's face in a messed up palette. Anyway you could fix that?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Awesome job on the update, but I found a weird bug. In the Fortree City gym, the turning panels are gone but when walking around it shows the player's face in a messed up palette. Anyway you could fix that?
Try winning a battle. Usually that clears it up.

A very odd bug when you're going to rematch though.

Last edited:

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
got an error with the trace ability

1tPVtXy.png

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
got an error with the trace ability

1tPVtXy.png
This is not exactly an error (more like the string couldn't be found for the longest time), but I do have a fix for this.

In your hex editor look for the string CE CC BB D7 D9 BE
Change this to CE E6 D5 D7 D9 D8

EDIT: Brawly gives you a TM that contains Bulk UP. It's easily fixable in XSE. The Oceanic Museum also needs a going over in I think three scripts (also fixable via XSE), Rollout totor teaches RollOut, the link tutorial script has a TeaLA that I'm having difficulty finding, and I found one last NO when asking about retiring from the Battle Swap Tent.

All minor nitpicks though.

Last edited:
Years
I found another bug...
On Kirlia's sprite there are some random pixels on it's sprite and animation . I saw it when I applied the patch. Maybe it can be fix by putting in a new sprite?
attachment.php

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I found another bug...
On Kirlia's sprite there are some random pixels on it's sprite and animation . I saw it when I applied the patch. Maybe it can be fix by putting in a new sprite?
attachment.php
So this isn't just me. Interesting.

There's a scant few others with this too (and some that wig out when you actually replace the sprites, like Caterpie), though this is the one that sticks out the most. It seems that replacing sprites doesn't always help because the palettes are still wrong when you update the sprites, almost as if it's some sort of palette corruption instead.

EDIT: This actually seems to depend on the sprite used to replace it, but it's still a problem specifically with this patch. The Sugimori Palettes set (which you should be using anyway as it's the only great quality set that has Emerald animation frames) seems to be the best candidate for this so far. Still, it's weird. o.O

Also, found a couple other scant text changes left unattended: Fossil Maniac, the Mauville Center guy, and a sign on Mt. Chimney, and the Abandoned Ship have errors.

EDIT again: Also, Regirock's Pokedex appears to only have part of it's last line? This happens with Machoke as well, if you just replace it with the original Emerald one in YAPE (no repoint needed, talk about weird) it fixes itself. o.O

Last edited:

Exelis'20

Cancer
Years
Sir why i can't download the patch? It just redirects tohttp://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=74416&d=1424644709 . Then it just stucks there :(

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Back