• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The internet's next big thing?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hello Harlem Shake. Goodbye Gangnam Style.

Gangnam Style managed to shatter Youtube's record of total number of viewers by crossing over the one billion mark late last year. It was a huge phenomenon both on the internet and outside of the computer. With the fad of it dying out however, what's going to be the internet's next big thing now? What's everyone on the internet and outside of the computer going to try to mimic or create a spoof out of? There was the One Pound Fish video some thought would be a success. However, I think that guy's Youtube fame has already begun to fizzle out.

My guess? The Harlem Shake. What was first created in the 1980's now seems to be a viral hit on the internet today after a group of college kids decided to post their own video earlier this month.

Everyone seems to be doing it lately. From colleges, to news anchors, to firefighters, and even various work offices. Everyone is getting in on the Harlem Shake and posting their videos of it online. It's hilarious, addictive, and easy enough to do that it's already beginning to spread like wildfire just as Gangnam Style did last year.

According to a report on Mashable, there have been over 12,000 videos already created since the fad began and collectively they've acquired a total of over 44 million views. I'd say we have a contender here. What do you think? Is it going to be the internet's next big thing this year or do you think it's just going to be another quick fad?

My personal favorite is this one. The guy with the walker kills me every time. I can't stop watching them; omg it's like a drug.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
It does seem like the Harlem Shake is the next big thing hitting YouTube and the Internet in general. It's gone viral pretty quickly and it seems like everyone is doing it now. I don't think it'll be around too long, though, as just like Gangnam Style, it'll probably be replaced with something new that goes viral. That always seems to happen, anyways. I have to admit that I do enjoy watching people dance to the Harlem Shake song, though, but it is kinda getting old already. I say it'll last another month or two before it's substituted by a new Internet hit!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
We're doing one just so our poser friend can literally STFU already.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
I'm guessing when http://mega.co.nz is taken down again and millions of people lose there little one's and zero's.

Also when the Internets millions of routers switch's and gateways, that servers and clients are connected to use fiber optic cables at entry level machine's:

fiber_copper.jpg

That will make the Internet go so fast, it would be like whoosh! And your 5 25MB files are there.

Back