• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Toughest Elite Four Member?

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
We all remember going to the elite four of D/P/PT after the "Gary MF oak" scenario with Barry, then proceeding to the final frontier! Which out of the four members were the hardest to beat?

Discuss! :3

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Cynthia, definitely. DAT TOGETIC. But yeah, thanks to hail and some other fun stuff, me and my brother finally beat her. :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
It depends. If we count rematches, my vote definitely goes to Flint. Hands down. In Platinum, he packs a huge team that can leave holes everywhere and without strategy, you're not gonna get out of the battle too easily. He had good coverage and thought about countering what would be checks to most of his team. If Sunny Day had been set up by Rapidash, Magmortar was free to come in and fire off Solar Beams whenever it pleased. If you somehow managed to get past Magmortar, you would still have to worry about the quick-paced Infernape that can just smash through even the most well-prepared Pokemon. Flint's team is dangerous. Especially when they're 15 levels higher then my most well-trained Pokemon. (I don't like grinding okay ;~;)

As for the others, I've never found Aaron that challenging. Then again about three quarters of my team resisted bug and had some sort of move to fight back against the critters. Bertha was fairly easy as ground does have quite a few weaknesses to hinder it. Plus they were all ridiculously slow, it wasn't too hard to get a hit on them and finish them all off. Rhyperior to my surprise was rather bulky, but even that couldn't withstand a quick Surf. Lucian was arguably rather challenging, but I could easily get past with a dark-type and Staraptor flying out of Gallade's reach. :p

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
None of them were prticularly hard per se (because my team was between levels 65-72), but if I had to choose, Bertha's Quagsire was particularly annoying.

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Bertha was pretty tough for me. whiscash and quagsire are killing machines. Water/ground will alway be a beast combo. And my only water-type for the rest of her pokemon was Empoleon which also had a weakness to them, so I had to primarily rely on Roserade

Altair1

Willpower
Years
It would have to be between Bertha and Lucian for me. I didn't have a grass type Pokemon (or move) so that made Whiscash and Quagsire a bother to take out! Lucian just had bulky Pokemon like Bronzong and others who'd like to inflict status ailments. I did not have the proper counter in my team...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I found Lucian a big pain the backside, and I suppose Flint proved quite the challenging one as well. Cynthia was a monster in the way she dominated by team, so she's definitely in. (Excluding the fact that she's the Champion and not really a part of the Elite Four.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
Lucian was the only one I ever had trouble beating (Cynthia was occasionally difficult). Something would always go wrong when I battled him, like I would miss with my attack and get taken out or I would misclick something. I found the rest pretty easy

Years
Not counting Cynthia, I would have to say that Psychic person. I always had Pokemon which were weak against him. I only lost to him a few times though and that's when I wasn't so good at Pokemon.

Years
Not counting Cynthia, I would have to say that Psychic person. I always had Pokemon which were weak against him. I only lost to him a few times though and that's when I wasn't so good at Pokemon.

You mean Lucian, it's mainly his Bronzong that causes issues due to its high defensive stats and the fact it's immune to Ground (Levitate duh) making Fire the only way to get a super-effective hit on it. Also, the Gallade he has in Platinum has a wide moveset, while Alakazam is no slouch either.

Flint comes close as well assuming you're playing Platinum, since he sometimes utilizes the sun and make his Fire attacks hit for insane amounts of damage. Plus the sun weakens Water attacks too. And it doesn't help most of his team are fast too.

Years
Lucian. By a landslide. No contest. In Platinum his guys provide wide type coverage, and although Alakazam looks like a special rehash of Gallade, its moves are much more powerful and it's faster. And then there's that Bronzong...

Maybe it's just the fact that I OHKOed every single one of their Pokémon in my Platinum Wedlocke (except Bronzong), or the fact that AB11 said this on one of his streams, but I don't find the other three members that hard at all.

Years
Lucian was really annoying. I didn't have any Fire types during my first playthough, so that Bronzong was pure evil. Plus his Medicham's elemental punches took down a few team members.

Back