• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
I think if we're to do the nemean lion it should be steel type, for its impenetrable skin! Is there a reason for it to be fire/ground other than cool typing? ;P

Also I may upload some ideas for the first rodent later today!

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Here is Draceon the Dragon type eevee evolution

35hfmdd.jpg

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I think if we're to do the nemean lion it should be steel type, for its impenetrable skin! Is there a reason for it to be fire/ground other than cool typing? ;P

Also I may upload some ideas for the first rodent later today!

We could use this idea as well. The reason I used Fire/Ground as an option is because the habitat lions live in is plain, dry and hot, it kinda fit for me.

Jetstream that looks good but you should give it Eevee shaped eyes so that it would be easy to identify with the other Eveelutions.

Ill hold up the Nemean Lion pre-evolution drawings until people decide which idea they prefer and start on another Greek based pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
What I means is that Eveelutions usually similar eyes

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/133.shtml

now that I look at it its not really the shape but the design, the eye sclera is usually dark with a white dot. Dont worry about it tho its just a suggestion, Umbreon and Sylveon dont follow this design. Again its your drawing so its your decision :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Heres another design. Its a fighting Gecko who uses a Greco-Roman wrestling style, he uses his toe pads to get a firm grip on its victim then he pins them into submission. The color of its skin is suppose to resemble modern wrestling attire. The loose skin in its chest its a common trait between lizards which they inflate to intimidate other lizards.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@ Jet : I'll take a crack at refining your design later tonight. :)

@ Taco : Ooooo another fighting type! Yeah, I definitely like the design and the story you've come up with to authenticate it. I'll add it to the main post asap. n_n;

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I came up with a fighting-type as well, but it's based on a jackrabbit. I'll post a sketch later tonight, but I have no digital art yet. I did have a scratch sprite, but it was too poor to post here.

Aaaand speaking of scratch sprites. I've finished my second Fakemon one. It's that Grass/Flying type; below is actually at 50% but it looks better than what should be fullsize.

e84y35.jpg

Look closely. It is shaded and all that. Just...really small. x;
But if you must, here's a version at 100%.
Once again, please keep in mind that it's only my 2nd completed scratch sprite of a Fakemon.
2zp2wax.jpg

Also, I forgot to mention in my last post that I'm looking to find out which shiny version you guys like more. If you don't like either, I can come up with a different palette. [:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I looked up jackrabbit to see what you had in mind slender, man those are some huge ears XD, Im really looking forward to see what you come up with. Also I like your finished Grass/Flying type fakemon, it's clean and it looks believable.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The large ears were convenient in design haha. Its ears actually drape down over its eyes- there are also marks on its ears that appear to be eyes. An illusion to scare off other Pokemon. I'm thinking it should be relatively passive unless it's fighting.

Aw, thanks. {: It's one of my favorites out of all of my Fakemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Sounds like a cool design, also between the two Cirreon shiny sprites I like the purple one. Anyway I wanna say that I wont be posting drawings as frequently as I do, I think it would be better that I did like 3 different drawings and post them all when Im finished. Also if its ok I'd like to do the pre-evolutions and evolution for some of my fakemon (Searnaria and Necroach) before continuing with Greek based designs, ill still post some design ideas tho.

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Hey, I don't mean to look stupid or spam your thread, but the beginning post did not answer the question I am having..

Can any person contribute to this? I'd like to help design some fakemon for your pokedex.. uwu

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Yes, anybody can contribute. Just hop right in and start brainstorming/artsing. ^-^;

@Slendy - I'm at an impasse; I like them both! I think . . . I'm going to lean more towards the teal one, though. d:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey, I don't mean to look stupid or spam your thread, but the beginning post did not answer the question I am having..

Can any person contribute to this? I'd like to help design some fakemon for your pokedex.. uwu

Awww, of course you can jump right on it! n_n; We want everyone to participate!

I'll go ahead and reiterate clearly in the fire post that anyone / everyone is welcome.

EDIT : First post has been updated with all of everyone's art!

**Please tell me if you notice that one of your drawings is not on the main post!! This thread moves very fast, so it's not impossible that your design may have been unintentionally overlooked. Just bring it to my attention, and I will add it immediately. Thank you!**

Last edited:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Okay so wow, it's been a really long time since I posted on this forum, though I haven't abandoned it and while I know I'm by no means great at art, no one in my family is, I feel like I can contribute in some way. And with that I bring you my fakemon, based on the myth of King Midas, a man who turned anything he touched to gold. Oh and just for the record, I can't decide on a name xD

Spoiler:

Name: Mimichry (Pronounced as Mimicry) or Midoeas (mid-oh-ee-ess)
Type: Steel
Ability: Cursed Body or Technician
Classification: Mischievous Gold Pokemon
Gender Ratio: 50% 50%
Flavor Text: Using the liquid [name] excretes from its side frills, it paints different objects gold.
Height: 2'3"
Weight: 34.2 lbs
Both of the names were made by mixing Midas and Chrysopoeia which means transmutation into gold, or at least in alchemy. I figured Mimichry would work because it paints objects to make them look like, or mimic, gold, but at the same time it's way too similar to an already existing word. Midoeas works better because it sounds more like a name.

Edit: I just realized this looks way too much like Sableye. Ooops?

Last edited:
Back