• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
I remember being a Beta Tester for this hack, I believe I was doing some other stuff too. I still have your message. Wow, this hack is looking amazing, Good Luck.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
hey thrace if you need anyone to make a world map for you got to this link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
the guy is actually making my world map for me right now and does it for FREE you dont need to give him anything

Help with the hacking should ALWAYS be free, after all we are here to help one another! Before you know it we'll be trying to sell our games and our work or hacking skills, and then let me ask you what makes us different than nintendo corporation - besides good games acctually ;) ?!

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
Years
EDIT: I got to the part where you exit out of the cave. And it keeps freezing whenever I go into the battle seen with my Rival. And I know I have a clean rom because I gave my rom and the same emulator through skype file share. And his works fine.
This happened to me, too! In the city with the Bike Shop that you get to when you exit the cave with the fossils.

But all of the game before that part was great. I really liked it.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
This happened to me, too! In the city with the Bike Shop that you get to when you exit the cave with the fossils.

But all of the game before that part was great. I really liked it.
This has been addressed: either try holding down the emulator's fast forward button (spacebar by default) for a while and sometimes the battle will eventually load, or use Advance Map to move or disable the Rival battle event. I recommend trying the fast forward fix first because one of the Rival battles nets you the Vs Seeker (and in this game, you need it!).

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
From what I've seen of this hack so far, it looks pretty cool. Just one problem I've had:
When I try to load my save file the *normal* way, it plays that stupid flashback thing, then freezes when it fades to black just before saying: "...and [PLAYER] saved the game at [LOCATION]." In other words, it crashes just before I can return to my saved file. I was on version 3.2, patched to a clean ROM (with which I've had no problems with other hacks, except Light Platinum, which is apparently not working for a lot of people). I've tried it on VBA and gpSP Kai (a GBA emulator for PSP), both crashed during the flashbacks. Any ideas?
Otherwise, it looks pretty cool. I'm eager to see how the story plays out, I might just have to rough it through savestates (which I hate being forced to use, 'cuz then what do you do when the Elite Four forces you to load it 'traditionally'?)

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
hey how long is the current beta(I've looked it up but it never tells me the exact amount of badges i can earn in this game):(?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
When I try to load my save file the *normal* way, it plays that stupid flashback thing, then freezes when it fades to black just before saying: "...and [PLAYER] saved the game at [LOCATION]." In other words, it crashes just before I can return to my saved file. I was on version 3.2, patched to a clean ROM (with which I've had no problems with other hacks, except Light Platinum, which is apparently not working for a lot of people). I've tried it on VBA and gpSP Kai (a GBA emulator for PSP), both crashed during the flashbacks. Any ideas?
OK, I kinda figured out the problem...
The first few outdoors maps (the hometown and the first route, I think they're the only ones, but I'm not sure) have some bug that causes a crash when loading your saved file 'naturally' or accessing then exiting any Start menu commands that cause the overworld map to go away (Dex, party, bag, options, trainer card, pokenav). Maybe some of the early event scripts are flawed?
Anyway, as long as you don't save in the first town or route, you should be fine.

King Koopa

The Dark Spriter >>>>
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
A bug to report: I cannot fight the rival kid before enetering the ferry after the 2nd badge, it goes into the battle then stops

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
It's a great Hack Thrace'

Its been a while now and I'm sure you've been progressing at this Hack.

Pokemon Genesis, It's a great name you chose and It reflects many meaning.
Very unique one, I must say.

You've come a long way Thrace and just so you know, you're almost at the
finish line. And I'm seeing a completed Pokemon Genesis sooner or later.

Good Luck on this one! And I'll be supporting your Hack. More Power Thrace!

PlatinumJL

Power Hunter
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2011
I found a glitch I don't know if it has been reported before or not though...

On the route where you battle your rival with his bronzor for the first time, I went to the Pokemoncenter on that route healed. Then i used 'Teleport' and it took me to the Snow route I was really confused. So I am just backtracking now

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
It kills me to write this but if I don't it'll be unfair to all the people waiting on a final release if I don't. I honestly can't see myself finishing Genesis so I'm no longer going to be working on it. I know I've always said that I won't leave PC until I've finished it but at this rate I'll never leave.

I meant to post in the team thread too but I don't think its necessary, the thread is already dead. I would however like to say how much I appreciate the work everyone put into it. You guys were the reason I kept Genesis alive and I really hate myself for letting all your hard work go to waste. colcolstyles in particular I am grateful for in allowing me to add features that I'd never be able to by myself. It was amazing to be able to work with everyone, you guys are all incredible hackers (which is why I picked you guys :D). Its because of you guys that I'm releasing one final beta (plus a little extra something ;D) with all the work you guys did for me, you can find it on the first page. I'm not even sure if its even playable and its probably not a good idea to release it but it wouldn't feel right for me to keep it or just simply delete it.

I could tell you guys about how busy I am or the amount of stress that I have to handle (to which Genesis plays a big part) but when it comes down to it, its just that I don't enjoy hacking anymore. No matter how long the breaks I take from hacking or how much inspiration I get I just can't bring myself to open up A-Map and start working on Genesis again.

I can't began to tell you guys what it means for me that you've made Genesis so popular (over 15,000 downloads?!). When I think back to the day I posted my first thread for it; I was so nervous about what people were going to think. I never imagined that it would be as popular as it is now. I feel kind of ashamed that I'm giving up now considering how sure I was from the day I started it that I would finish Genesis. I owe this community so much and I feel like such a jerk for giving back so little. I hope everyone understands, Genesis and I had a good run here and it sucks to think that I'll probably never be back. I could keep writing forever but theres not much else to say except goodbye.

tl;dr: I'm not working on Genesis anymore so could a mod please close this?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Hi there, i'm new
I'm, trying to download the last version,of the game with no success :(,anyone can help me?

Back