• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Online (WIP)

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
Logo3.png

NOTE: this is still a Work In Progress so some things may change

Hello im new here i've been working on this for about 2 months now on my own and i've still only got a small fraction of it made but i think its ready for a beta test if you wish to join the download links are on my temporay site

Site Link:
http://pmdo.dnsalias.com/index.html <- i know terrible link name im looking for a decent host

Please note that the site is hosted on my PC so if my PC is off so is the server, patcher and site

now for Screen Shots! (more on the website)
Spoiler:

Youtube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VW3NhBGT4 Still Being processed on youtube.

here are the pokemon to choose from (more to be added):

1: Bulbasaur
2: Charmander
3: Squirtle
4: Caterpie
5 :Weedle
6: Pidgey
7: Gastly
8: Abra
9: Buneary
10: Machop
11: Pichu
12: Happiny
13: Eevee
14: Ralts

so far over 70 moves have been added with custom attack animations

Features:
Join the Wigglytuff Guild! once you have joined you'll have access to all the facilitys of the guild and if you want to follow the main story line given by the guild master and chattot

Job Board: once a member of the guild you can use the job board to take missions and earn pokedollars, fame, exp and items all jobs are repeatable and only 1 player can take 1 job at a time.

(Not ready yet) Group Dungeons: for teams to explore and get money/items *not soloable*

Evolving: When you reach the required lvl go to Electivire to evolve,
when you evolve you gain a stat boost and new attacks

Pokedollar bank: store you pokedollars here because if you faint outside of town you lose all your pokedollars your carrying so bank often!

(Not ready yet) Xatu Chest Opener: If you find a locked chest take it to Xatu for a price he will open it for you.

Boss Battles: some jobs require you to hunt a outlaw pokemon these are both soloabble and team based (only solo at the moment) for a good amount of pokedollars but they are tough

Player Village: below Treasure Town is a player village where players can buy a house and furniature (this requires an admins help)

thats all for now im working on it still right now what new pokemon would you like in the Playable list (no legendarys!)

Staff
Leader = Urimas Ebonheart
Programmer = None but im looking for one that knows VB6
GFX = DS/GBA games, Urimas Ebonheart
SFX = From the PMD DS/GBA games
Music = From the PMD DS/GBA games
Site = Urimas Ebonheart
GUI = Various artists found on google, DS/GBA games

so currently its just me but im looking for help.

Copyrights = All belonging to nintendo and the pokemon company

btw who else cant wait for pokemon eternity to come out?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2010
I think the biggest downfall is your choice of language. VB6 is horrific, old, and unsupported. Almost nobody wants to code in that any more.

I would look into converting to .NET.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
I think the biggest downfall is your choice of language. VB6 is horrific, old, and unsupported. Almost nobody wants to code in that any more.

I would look into converting to .NET.

yeah but im not a coder so if anyones interested in recoding it then great
but this is the best i got for now

Kronos

Shooting Star
Years
Could you possibly put the screenshots in tags? Although it is easier for people to load the page if they have a small connection with them how they are, most people prefer to see screenies without clicking links.

As for coding, VB6 isn't *that* bad, I'd rather code in it than binary ;] If you need help coding in a newer language, such as VB2008 or VB2010, I'm learning those in college and could possibly help you if you get errors (depending on how much homework i have.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
Could you possibly put the screenshots in tags? Although it is easier for people to load the page if they have a small connection with them how they are, most people prefer to see screenies without clicking links.

As for coding, VB6 isn't *that* bad, I'd rather code in it than binary ;] If you need help coding in a newer language, such as VB2008 or VB2010, I'm learning those in college and could possibly help you if you get errors (depending on how much homework i have.)[/QUOTE]

sure sounds good i edited the screen shots into a spoiler thingy :) i'll have a youtube vid up ready to show what the games like in a day or 2

PokeHackers

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
Looks awesome.
When's the eta for this actually being released in its entirety?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Ralts! Yes! I can get Gallade!
This is one of the few online Pokemon games that seems well planned out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
This sounds great! Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a concept I feel needs more attention with these kinds of fan game projects because playing together as your favorite pokemon and teaming up is just too good an idea to ignore!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/25/1111692/playervillage.png

^Is this supposed to be a house area or something?

And yeah I think you should try vb.net for this game. This engine looks familiar. Is it one of those open-source free MMORPG makers?

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
Years
Great... another Eclipse made game..
Okay no offense but seriously

When will you guys drop this lame Engine and this lame VB6?
If you're going to code a game, do it right, C#/C++ at least! LEAST!

Java is fine, VB.Net, eh okay.
People need to quit making games in Eclipse/VB6, it is a fail overall.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I would help, but I'd rather port this game to the Wii once I learn C++. And make it more like Pokemon Rumble.

ayevdayev

Legend
Years
Nice! Are you using one of those starter kits. XtremeWorlds or Eclipse? Also, where did you get those awesome sprites? And are you going to post the website? And am I asking too many questions?
Forget that other question, I saw it's Eclipse.
And i dont really give a **** about how the game was made, just what is included. Personally I only work with VB (ALL VERSIONS) But not C++ that stuff I can't understand the scripting (much harder)

yes its eclipse but im not a coder i work with sprites and i can only do sadscript

but i've been testing out sidescroller style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DASanmuxtvc

i could use a coders help but theres no one interested in helping me
Why do you need sidescrolling?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
i made the sidescrolling as a test but the game is about 95% done and almost ready for a test i'll edit 1st post with link to site

EDIT 1:
Download links to game are on the site Server is up remember post what pokemon you would like to see as a playable pokemon here NO legendarys!

unfortunatly pokemon attacks are not effective or uneffective if any VB6 coder wants to help PM me

Last edited:
Back