• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Volcano Cave

"Woww~ you evolved. That's awesome. To bad it didn't happen when you fought Chomp, that would have been cool." Ax said looking over Trunks' new form
"I think I could have took him like this." Trunks replied playfully.

"Soo, do you want to keep looking around here or would you rather just head back. I don't see any signs of Druddigon here." C.J. said, while looking around the cave.
"Well it looks like this cave goes deeper. There could be a tunnel system. We can go further or look elsewhere, I am up for whatever." Issac replied. He looked at Trunks afterwards, still in awe that he evolved. "Trunks, I think you should rest now. You've had quite a day."
"Grot!" He replied as he over at Issac then back at Ax. "Guess it's nap time"

Issac recalled Grotle back to his pokeball, then grabbed the ball his new Mabgy was in. "Come on out.... Coal." Issac said as he tossed the pokeball in the air.
"Maaaaag!" he called out as he emerged from the pokeball. As soon as he touched the ground, he looked around to see that his group had abandoned him. "be.." he sighed.

Issac dropped down on a knee to get down on his level. "I hope you'll be okay with traveling with me.. and I hope you like the name Coal." He said to the small pokemon as he pulled a potion out from his bag and started to apply iy. "Here, this will get you back to full strength."
Coal looked up with a grin. "Mag!"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru awoke from his glorious with a loud yawn. Dutchess, who was nuzzled into his chest, woke up as well. She let out an adorable yawn, earning a "Awww." from Haru. The two of them had slept very well under the oak tree. It's great boughs had provided shelter from the blazing sun. An hour had passed since he had fallen asleep. "Dear Arceus that was a wonderful nap." He stood up, spread his arms, and yawned again. "It's time to go, Dutchess." The female Nidoran looked up at him and nodded energetically. She would need a travelling buddy, so he released Void. The pair of pokemon began to run around in circles playfully. Haru was content to watch them for a while until a small pack of five Rattattas showed up. They arrayed themselves in a half circle, trapping the group against the tree. "Well crap. We're trapped. One thing to do now." He chuckled and looked at his two team members. "Time to battle guys." The Rattattas charged.

Years

C.J Styles - Volcano (Cave)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ax, ask Magby if he knows where any Druddigon are." C.J. said to the Axew telepathically. Shame his talent wasn't mastered yet or he would have asked himself. C.J. was still looking around the cave they were in. Issac was right, it does go further in, could be worth exploring.

Ax, meanwhile, walked over to the Magby, "Hi, my name's Ax. My trainer would like to know if you've seen any Druddigon around here, and if so if you could bring us to them." she asked politely. Hopefully this Magby would be able to help them, it was getting pretty late afterall.

"Yeah, if we go down the cave no telling what we'll find, but I'm willing if you are." C.J. said as he looked down the tunnel for any sign of life. He didn't go anyway just yet though, he was waiting to see if the Magby could help first.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
The familiarity of the surroundings on landing shocked Selene. It was that uncomfortable reminder of one's own destiny, one's own ultimate inability to choose that that mattered most dearly to them – their direction in this world forward. The buildings, their shape, size, once so daunting and full of whispered promise stirred sentiments of restive nausea, memories locked in a casket believed to be lost at sea not at all accidentally. To even the masters and mistresses of reinvention some places have the ability to strip away all facades and expose one's original state, as though an unbreakable snapshot of history, as a basis for the individual, that comes rushing back on the mere crunch of gravel under a sneaker.

On facing these feelings, there is but one option for the practiced master of reinvention – to take a deep breath, swallow down the discomfort to the pits of one's stomach and employ that tactic known as the 'game face', stride ahead with one's head held high, unrelenting in the facade.

They do say that if you tell yourself something enough, you'll start to believe it, right?

"What are you thinking of?"

That voice that had grown as inevitably familiar to Selene as the buildings around her startled the girl out of her reverie. A strong hand clasped on her shoulder. A scent of musk, of home, washing through her nose like a tidalwave, instant relaxation.

"Not much, strangely. I should feel more, coming back after all that has happened I suppose. But I don't. I'm looking forward to getting back into training, but that's all. As soon as I can leave I'll be off, the pokemon league isn't going to defeat itself, and I'm not exactly one for wallowing in the same pit for too long as you well know dear brother," said Selene, her husky voice almost wistful as she patted her brother's reassuring hand briefly before gently shrugging it off her shoulder.

Her Father's death had affected the whole family, and it took time for them to grieve, some more than others but Jake had been hit particularly hard like Selene. Two years older than her, Jake had passed up the opportunity to take on a pokemon journey of his own to partake in the family transport business, but the death of a Father brought Swellow home to roost and he couldn't justify living on that island for any longer. The family unit was tight, there was no need for either of the siblings to worry about their Mother and Grandparents being cared for, so it was time for elder to follow younger and start out on his own journey. Selene was reluctant at best to return to the trainer academy, but following various heartfelt and well reasoned arguments from Jake as to why the Academy would be a great place to start, or return to, she found herself quickly using up her store of answers and excuses and deciding on two words of compliance: 'ok then.'

Perhaps not a ringing endorsement, but it did the job.

"Well, now that we're here...I'm completely starved. Did you say there was a cafeteria in this place, or just a communal kitchen?"

Selene looked at Jake. Her brother seemed perpetually hungry, and she wasn't sure why it irked her, but it did. Not everything had to have rhyme or reason...

"A cafeteria. Do you really think the powers that be would trust a load of hungry teenagers with a kitchen? The whole academy would be burned to cinders before you could say Charizard. Come on, I'll show you. As long as it hasn't moved it should be this way," Selene began to walk in the direction of where the cafeteria was in her day, trusting that such an integral feature of the Academy wouldn't be moved...too far...

"You'll have to introduce me to all your buddies, Sel. Despite the fact that I don't know any of their names, or even if they exist, I'm sure you must have made friends. With your natural charm and wit I don't see how you couldn't, hey," he held his hands up, dark eyebrows raised above eyes that were identical to his younger sister's, as Selene punched him in the arm with a grunt. "You heard what Mum said. No fighting, unless it's with pokemon, no squabbling and look after each other. I may well be the older brother but that goes both ways kid. Or do I and my pokemon need to teach you a lesson...again..?"

"I told you, that was a one time slip up. I wasn't expecting your Steelix to have aqua tail. You still haven't told me how you pulled that one off by the way, how do you teach a Steel- Ground-type a Water type move?" she questioned, brows furrowed into a slight scowl. Jake laughed heartily and the scowl on Selene's face deepened.

"The same way you managed to teach your Electric mouse Surf?" he retorted with humour in his face and Selene was silenced for a moment.

"Fair enough, it doesn't matter anyway. I still won that battle, you beat Aitken with Steelix but I think you'll find that my Ryan floored 3 of your team in the space of 10 minutes, so I wouldn't get too over-confident. You have a long way to go, but Beginner Trainer 101 will teach you the basics," Selene quipped, a confident smirk returning to her face.

She had ensured that she kept up with her training whilst away, using her Brother as the ideal sparring partner. He was easy to convince, she merely argued that he would need to train well before reaching the academy, and as a direct result of their sparring sessions his Onyx had evolved into Steelix, his Machop into a Machoke, his Slowpoke had had a bizarre encounter with a King's Rock mid-battle and had evolved into Slowking, whilst his Munchlax remained a cute, chubby Munchlax and his Karrablast was a freshly-caught pokemon. As much as Selene urged him to rethink his team and plug some of the obvious gaps that left him weak and vulnerable, Jake insisted that these were his pokemon and he would stick with them win or lose. Selene often laughed at this assertion. A few losses in the Academy would soon beat that attitude out of him.

"Ok, food, in here" said Selene, her hand resting on the handle of the cafeteria door, pushing firmly as Jake almost bundled past her in his rush to reach sustenance.

Selene froze as Jake strode right on over to the serving area as though he ate in that cafeteria every day. Her eyes had found the one person she was hoping to avoid for as long as she possible could, with a Zorua and some other people who, to be frank, were just shadows with outlines at that moment in time. Valorie. Darn.

Awkwardness engulfed Selene and she quickly took a seat, turning so only her back was visible should Valorie look over, busying herself with her Xtransciever.

Great start, Sel...

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus - LOCATION

Amber sniffed at the Sableye's hand in curiosity. After watching the pair of them for a moment, Gwen turned her attention back to Mark.

"Raikou dorm huh? that's great! Until now I hadn't met a single person from Raikou! Hmm, you think the cafeteria would still be open? I'm headed that way" Gwen said.

Although she wasn't all that hungry, it seemed like a decent excuse to wander around for a bit, that and she knew that Amber was probably quite hungry, at least she wouldn't turn her nose up at some decent food anyway.

Gwen already felt like the academy was home, she thought briefly about where she had grown up, but avoided thinking about it for long as if she did she knew that she would start to miss it, and her parents.

"Do you know if there are any forests on the island? I grew up in a rural town, I liked the forests there."

She thought for a while about how her and Amber had originally met, and if all trainers had such stories for their Pokémon. She was sure that Mark and Snype probably had a few good stories, but it wasn't surprising really, Gwen had only been on the island for a day and she already had stories. Resigning herself to the fact that a trainers lives were simply packed with adventure whether they like it or not, she motioned for them to begin walking and headed towards the cafeteria.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Cafeteria
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie listened to what Kilik had to say and just sort of didn't know how to react... So she didn't. After he left, Kiyoko made the mistake of using an attack in extremely close proximity to her and she just sort of gave him a light squeeze, her muscles tensing. "K-Kiyoko..." she whispered. "Stop--This place is too crowded..." she warned and pleaded at the same time. Not only that, but people were /staring/. Valorie saw one of them pulling out a pokeball in preparation for battle, though it wasn't her that was the intended victim. Rather, the person challenged a boy she didn't recognize from entei dorm.

...Well this absolutely couldn't end well.

Knowing full well that a pokemon battle right here and right now would doubtlessly cause a scene, Valorie moved to get up, picking Kiyoko up in the process. She turned to Drake. "I think it's about to get too rough in here..." she said in a matter o' fact tone. "Maybe we should go somewhere else..." she then tried to suggest, hopeful to the teacher's agreement. I mean sure, she could send out her dragonite and try to dominate the fight that broke out, but at that point chaos was basically guaranteed. Frankly, she didn't trust any of her pokemon to hold up indefinitely under a sea of attacks, let alone not to injure the tons of people here somehow.

Swinging her legs around she glanced around for the exit whilst simultaneously attempting to avoid any other spirited battles that might be started, until something /entirely/ unrelated caught her eye. It was a familiar back and and hair that made her blood run cold. She froze where she stood and stared as if trying to decipher whether her eyes were playing tricks on her.

It was Selene! The one, the only, none other than, /that/ Selene. The one she'd just let Mark down over. She was... on her xtransciever. Now she was faced with perhaps the choice to end all choices. Did she stay here for Selene, or did she flee the oncoming battle?

Perhaps Drake would notice her stare and suspect something. Either way, Valorie slowly made her way in Selene's general direction as if she were already sleep walking, no intention to stop until she was only a few feet away. So much for avoidance.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Drake

Drake nodded along with the story, then blinked when Kiyoko began to form anAura Sphere. WHOA, not a good idea little fox! Not a good idea at all! Val picked up on this as well and told him to stop. Drake let down his Aura Senses and nodded. A fight was about to happen, and while his pokemon could end it, they would also end half the property in the room.

"Yes, perhaps someplace a bit... Less noisy. I would like to discuss both your training and the Rockets." he said softly. He would also have to inform Lance, and probably Professor Oak as well. But knowing them they already had a plan in mind and knew of this. He got to his feet to follow Valorie and blinked when he saw her face. She had a stony expression as she stared at one girl. How odd. Were thy rivals? This would not end too well... He followed her, wondering what was going on. He put a hand on Rena's pokeball, ready to step in.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype grinned as his hand was being sniffed. Hopefully that was a sign that Amber trusted him. Snype approached Amber a bit closer and pet her. Meanwhile, Mark decided to follow Gwen. So far she's made a pretty good impression...

"Yeah I'm pretty sure its still open. They might be wrapping up by now but they're bound to have some leftovers. I was just there but... I don't know if I should really go back in..." Mark said, remembering when Valorie completely rejected him. He didn't want to run into her again... not today at least. It would be extremely awkward.

"Oak Town is actually a pretty suburban area. It's close to a pretty large forest. There's shops, food, and all sorts of stuff around there. I caught myself a Nincada down there one time. Just be careful for Beedrill in the forest. They're pretty easy to aggravate... I know that first hand..." Mark said, remembering that mess he was involved with.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Kiyoko
Pokeball.png
570.png
Lv.6
Cafeteria

Chapter Three: Part Six
One Girl's Problems

kiyoko felt Valorie squeeze at him and he distractedly began to giggle, the ball of energy dissipating into nothing. "T-tickles!" He giggled, settling down as Valorie picked him up and stood. He gave the room one last glance, expecting not to see it again anytime soon. However, he immediately became distracted when Valorie came to an abrupt stop. "huh?" He looked around, confused. "Wha..." He looked up at Valorie, guessed the direction she was gazing and followed to some girl with dark hair. He blinked and his left eye began to glow silver once more. Something about both Valorie and that girl was similar... Was it that they were both tense?

Or was it that they both knew the other was there? Maybe both. Kiyoko was left in utter confusion, Who was she? Why did she make Valorie stop? What was the big deal? "Hey!!" Kiyoko shouted, directly at the girl. He was obviously trying to get her attention, whether Valorie liked that idea or not. "Hey, who're you??"

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Volcano Cave

"Hi, my name's Ax. My trainer would like to know if you've seen any Druddigon around here, and if so if you could bring us to them." Ax asked Coal.
"Well.. if by Druddigon, you mean big scary dragon, then yes. There are some at the deepest depths of the cave.. that's why we stay so close to the cave exit." Coal replied. "Just follow me."

Coal started walking towards a a tunnel that was close to as illuminated as the current room.
"Soo, do you want to keep looking around here or would you rather just head back. I don't see any signs of Druddigon here." C.J. said.
Issac noticed his new companion walking off.
"Looks like we are going deeper. Coal just decided for us." Issac responded with a grin, pointing at Coal.

Years

C.J Styles - Volcano (cave)

"Well.. if by Druddigon, you mean big scary dragon, then yes. There are some at the deepest depths of the cave.. that's why we stay so close to the cave exit." Coal replied. "Just follow me." Ax ran over to C.J., "He said follow him, there's some deeper in the cave." C.J. grinned at the statement, it wasn't long now before he had his fifth Dragon.

"Looks like we are going deeper. Coal just decided for us." Issac said with a grin, pointing at Coal. "Yes he did," C.J. responded, "he's taking us right to the Druddigon and saving us a lot of time." C.J. had the perfect plan to end this quickly too.

As they walked further into the cave the heat became more intense. Too bad there were no water Pokemon around to cool them off. "There's probably going to be a large group of them together, it might get hectic but I have a plan." C.J. said to Issac.

Eagerness grew within C.J. his team was coming together at last. He would not leave this cave without the strongest Druddigon present, then there would be just one element missing. A Dratini, now there would be a real challenge to get his hands on.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Forest

Alice's smile returned to her face after Whitney's words. She had actually done good in a battle! Not bad! There was still a long way to go to become a good trainer, but it was just a matter of time... and practice! She looked at Jello with a wink, but the oddly-coloured Pokémon was too busy socializing to notice his trainer. Shrugging that off, Alice turned her attention back to Whitney, to see that she threw her device up in the air and then it blew up. Her jaw dropped, yet Whitney kept her cool, and took out another pair of glasses. Not knowing what to say, Alice just listened as her friend talked about her Pidgeotto's wings being artificial and that she was trying to make different kinds of wings. Again, the red-haired girl was left with her mouth open.

"That helped me blow off some steam... So what's there to do for fun here?" Whitney then said.

Alice scratched her head. "Well, I-I'm not really sure...Jello must be tired, so, um, we could head for the cafeteria, maybe?" she replied, not very sure of what the choices were. Chuck crossed his arms, he wanted some action too, but it seemed like it would have to wait.

"Thanks..." Jello said shyly, "You...you really think so?"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Whitney Eli
Pokeball.png
017.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
Forest

Chapter Two: Part Two
Academic Training!

"Cafeteria? Hmm..." Her stomach began a long, low growl, and she giggled in response to it. "Well, that's a good enough idea for me! If I don't eat anything I'll go through my candy too quickly," she added, crunching the piece that was in her mouth. "Food sounds good, let's go Pidge!"

Pidge nodded. "Maybe it was my weakness, I can't tell, but it was powerful." She turned her head as Whitney called, and took flight, landing in the satchel Whitney held. Whitney then divided the strap and wore it like a backpack. Pidge's wings rested promptly behind her, once again making her look like an angel.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Volcanic Cave

"
There's probably going to be a large group of them together, it might get hectic but I have a plan." C.J. said to Issac.
"Do share." Issac responded with curiosity.

As the group came to a split in the cave, Coal stropped abruptly, first turning his head back and forth as if listening then he started to sniff. He headed into the path to the right, which seemed to be cooling down some.
"This way. Use your little mind trick to tell your trainer." He said to Ax in a snide manner, noticing that they were communicating somehow.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn finally got to his destination: the pokemon center in Oak Town. He slowly approached the doors, which opened for him and were patient enough to wait for him to enter before closing. Slowly making his way up to the counter, he noticed that the nurse wasn't there. Maybe she was in the back? He saw a small bell on the counter with a sign above it, which read RING FOR SERVICE. Without hesitation, he slapped the bell twice. He heard some movement in the back before he saw the nurse come out and head to the counter.

"Welcome to the pokemon center," the nurse said, just as cheerful as she was earlier in the day. Shawn wondered how much coffee the nurse drank to be that wide awake. "Would you like me to heal your pokemon?" she asked kindly. Shawn nodded slightly, "Yes, ma'am." He took his 5 pokeballs and placed them on the counter. The nurse quickly took the pokeballs and placed them in one of the pokeball trays she had available. "We're currently healing someone else's pokemon right now, but you'll be next. Why don't you go have a seat and wait, ok?" the nurse explained, pointing to what Shawn took to be a waiting room. "Sure. Thank you," he responded quietly and headed that way. He saw someone else in there waiting and he quickly did a double take. Was that Sammy in there? He simply walked over to the waiting room and sat down, giving a slight wave to Sammy.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years

C.J Styles - Volcano (Deep within a cave)

"This way. Use your little mind trick to tell your trainer." Coal said to Ax in a snide manner, noticing that they were communicating somehow. "It is not my trick, it's his. He just hasn't mastered it yet, otherwise he'd talk to you directly." Ax explained. She didn't bother telling C.J. however, knowing he would simply follow anyway. "So, where did the other way lead?" she asked.

"Do share." Issac asked of C.J. who simple gave a half smirk and said, "You'll see soon enough." As they followed Coal C.J. noticed that the cave cooled off, not much but it made a difference, at least the heat was bearable now. As they walked C.J. could see another cavern coming onto view. "Stop here." he said to the group.

C.J. walked closer to the cavern peering in to see a group of Druddigon. There was around 18 of them, they were quite active at the moment moving around and feeding their young and such. Looking around C.J. spotted one of them merely perched on a stone overlooking the rest. That's him, that must be the alpha, C.J. thought. The Druddigon in question was bigger then average and perched next to a small pocket of lava keeping it warn.

"Alright guys, time to get our next partner." C.J. said as he released his remaining Pokemon from their PokeBalls. "Golett, use Icy Wind, cool the entire cavern as quickly as possible." C.J. commanded. Golett blew a beam of wind with sparkling blue snow in it into the cavern, he didn't use the attack to injure he just blew the wind into the cavern lowering the temperature severely.

As the cavern filled with the Icy Wind the Druddigon began to slow down and become immobile. All but the alpha that is, the lava kept him warm enough that he was still able to move, although he stood still, watching and waiting to see what was happening. He knew something was up, but if he moved away from his perch to find out what he'd become like the rest.

"Good job Golett, now switch to gravity, I want them to stay like that even if the cave warms again. Ace, use Thunder Wave, make sure they can't attack. Both of you target all but that big one there." C.J. commanded pointing to the one he assumed to be the alpha.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith and Sage Smith
Academy Grounds ---> Cafeteria

Rosalyn smiled and nodded looking at Jimmy. "I'm getting a little hungry, I don't have much money left though. Enough for dinner and breakfast." she said as they neared the cafeteria. "I plan on selling some of my artwork to earn some money, cause there is no way I'm going to my jerk brother for help" she continued on frowning slightly. "If I did that..." she paused and sighed. "Well...Sage would probably call my parents and I'd be sent home" she said sadly before shaking her head slightly. "Though if one of my parents shows up...I'll just run away again" she said determined. Though her moment of determination was ruined as soon as her stomach growled loudly.

As a deep blush covered her face in embarrassment. "I'm going to get some food. I'll save you a seat at a table Jimmy" she said quickly before letting go of the boys hand and going to get food unaware of the eyes that tracked her process that belonged to a person who heard every word.

Hmmm Sage thought as he watched his little sister get her dinner. It sounded like she was low on cash, but didn't want him to interfere. With a sad sigh Sage finished his own meal. Though her comments about there parents were in his head. I'm not going to tell them...but I will warn her that dad is coming for Christmas to visit me and he's bringing Jasmine with him. he thought as he stood and threw his trash away walking over to his sister who had just sat at a table waiting for her friend. "Hey Rosebud" he said smirking.

"What do you want...and don't call me that!" She snapped frowning. She was already starting to get into a bad mood. Dinner had cost a little more than she had planned and she barely had any money left. Though to anyone around them that didn't know Rosalyn had a brother it looked like she was snapping at a teacher.

"Hey no need to snap at me Rosebud. Just thought I'd tell you that since Christmas is coming up Dad's coming to visit me" Sage said smirking still.

Rosalyn's eyes widened and she paled. "W-What!"

Chuckling Sage replied putting her worries to rest. "He has no idea your here...though he is bringing my daughter to visit. I hope you'll forget about everything long enough to meet her" before walking away with a call of "See you Rosebud.

Rosalyn regained her color slightly but was still angry. Sage always had that affect on her. Frowning she picked up her fork and violently stabbed it into the turkey on her plate.

Last edited:

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Volcanic Cave

Issac watched as C.J. commanded his pokemon to subdue all of the Druddgion.
This is too much..

"C.J... I understand the gravity. I understand the paralysis to an extent. I think the cold is going over board, though. You already have them helpless as it is. This is just painful for them." Issac blurted out, unable to hold is tongue. He looked to Coal. "Coal. Warm things back up."
"Be." He said with a nod before exerting flames into the air, raising the temperature until the Druddgion looked less pained.

"I have no problem backing you up, and keeping them at bay while you catch the leader, but I cannot let you or anyone torture helpless pokemon." Issac exerted. His normal laid back self going dormant.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"Hey, who're you?"

Selene heard the shout, and hoped to Arceus above that it wasn't directed at her, she really wasn't feeling in the mood to answer questions today. Also it was a pretty difficult question to answer, when one thought about it for any length of time. Who was she? If only she knew. A few years ago she would have been able to answer that question instantly, with multiple forecasts included on who she could become when she grew up. A few months ago she would have focused mainly on the one prediction, she was going to be the greatest trainer she could be with the strongest, closest team she could put together. Now…now it was a little more difficult. It had been so long since she'd felt any kind of conviction relating to herself or her future…so she remained silent, fiddling with the various buttons on her gadget mindlessly.

As her back was to Valorie, she didn't see Jake making his way across to her with a piled-up plate of spaghetti and meatballs and extra, extra sauce. Jake liked sauce. Jake was also quite clumsy, and didn't pay attention to Valorie as she approached Selene. Like two trains crossing paths, both intent on their course, neither one noticing the other. Disaster ensued as Jake bumped straight into Valorie, toppling sideways, his tray toppling forwards straight on to the shorter girl.

Selene heard his cries of "Oh man, I am so, so sorry, I was in my own world, I didn't notice you at all" and she instantly knew what her brother had done. It could only be one thing, just her luck, it could only be the one thing. She couldn't pretend to be engrossed in her Xtransciever any longer.

Standing up slowly, Selene took a deep breath and turned around, her eyes meeting the scene before her, blank on the surface but roiling with anticipation underneath. Her heart was pounding viciously, but like a Ducklett swimming on the sea she maintained her composed aura on the outside, gliding along smoothly and effortlessly, although beneath the surface her feet were kicking furiously and creating a maelstrom of waves.

"Sel, what are you doing, come over will you? Give me a hand!" said Jake, whose face was blood red to match the sauce he'd spilt over both himself and Valorie. Selene made her way over and grasped Jake, pulling him to his feet. She never took her eyes off Valorie, even as Jake laughed nervously and began gabbering at her.

"Hi Val." She said simply, a small smile twisting one side of her mouth.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Mana Murasaki
The Espeon girl
At the Cafetaria -> Entei Dorms

196.gif
471.gif

Mana watched a major amount of events happening. Kilik had ended their conversation and walked back to Drake and Valorie. Valorie looked like she just had the worse conversation ever. That reminded her that she saw Valorie with Mark earlier, it seemed like they were making up which relieved Mana. She was the reason of their fight earlier afterall… if she was normal none of these things would've ever happened.

Drake, Kilik, Valorie and the little Kiyoko were talking about something, Mana started to wonder if they were saying bad things about her. Mana was far away from their table but if she listened well she could hear what they were talking about. Kiyoko was explaining them about "the R men".

Mana sighed in relief that the conversation wasn't about her. But she did doubt if it was right to tell them about what she was. She only met them today and felt kinda forced to tell them because of what happened earlier. She turned around to see what kind of food was left on the food table but she soon found out she wasn't hungry anymore and turned back. She saw that Kilik was leaving and somehow the pain in her chest got heavier. She couldn't feel more lonely right now since Valorie and Drake stood up and left as well…

Mana was all alone in a Cafetaria with unknown people. She decided to leave and get some rest in her dorm, but she somehow knew she would end up crying. Once she was outside she saw Kilik and Tentou, they were just standing there and… Kilik didn't seem so well. She couldn't understand humans so well, but she did understand Pokémon… and Tentou was trying to cheer up his trainer!

Mana jumped forward him and was close to his face, she saw his gloomy face and took a few steps back. "There is something wrong…" Mana said. "And don't lie, Tentou's move just now said enough…" she pointed at the little Shinx. "So tell me what's wrong." Mana's eyes lit up a little because it was dark. She smiled at Kilik and hoped he will answer.

"I hope your trainer doesn't find my trainer rude." Fox sat down next to the young Pokémon known as Tentou.

Back