• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
I'm kind of starting to get worried that maybe we won't see evolutions of poke's from previous gens, as we originally thought was likely, but they've only really showed Sylveon, and been really quiet about everything else.

That being said, I really want to see an evo for druddigon for some reason, which probably won't happen. A third evo in Bisharp's I'd dig too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm kind of starting to get worried that maybe we won't see evolutions of poke's from previous gens, as we originally thought was likely, but they've only really showed Sylveon, and been really quiet about everything else.

That being said, I really want to see an evo for druddigon for some reason, which probably won't happen. A third evo in Bisharp's I'd dig too.
I feel the same way. Hopefully in the next two issues we'll get some more evolutions. If Sylveon's the only one...well I feel we've speculated here for nothing.

I too want an evolution for Druddigon, it looks like it can evolve into a Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Rock Pokémon.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I'd rather a Druddigon prevo than an evo, to be quite honest. It's already massive, and I don't like Kangashkan cases.

I'd be disappointed were no mons in this generation (Sylveon aside) related to past pokémon, and surprised too. Honestly people asking for evolutions/prevolutions of their favourite pokémon is a very common thing, an obvious fan pleaser (assuming you don't competely mess the new pokémon up like Gen IV) too. Sure, it's safer not to risk annoying people by giving ugly evolutions to pokémon they love, but X&Y don't seem like games that are playing it safe.

Years
I'd rather a Druddigon prevo than an evo, to be quite honest. It's already massive, and I don't like Kangashkan cases.

I'd be disappointed were no mons in this generation (Sylveon aside) related to past pokémon, and surprised too. Honestly people asking for evolutions/prevolutions of their favourite pokémon is a very common thing, an obvious fan pleaser (assuming you don't competely mess the new pokémon up like Gen IV) too. Sure, it's safer not to risk annoying people by giving ugly evolutions to pokémon they love, but X&Y don't seem like games that are playing it safe.
Agreed, they sure are playing with more risk here than they did in the supposed "Reboot" that was suppose to be Gen 5. Also if they don't make more evolutions it'll sort of feel like GF is telling us that this is what we get for having a certain number amongst us not liking the evolutions introduced in Sinnoh (I liked them) and have decided to not do that again. Traditionally Even generations have introduced evolutions while Odd's tend to focus on new lines.

Maybe they can give it the Roselia treatment and give it a pre evo and an evolution. I just hope they introduce a new method of pre evolution...too many Incenses...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I doubt they would only add 1 evolution to a generation of previous pokemon, even with it being Eevee. I wasn't around for the Gen 4 showing for the games, so I don't know how they did them.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Honestly, I'm pretty okay with not seeing evolutions to old Pokemon. Would it be nice to see? Sure, but I'm not overly excited at the possibility of it. If Eevee is to get a new evolution, it's safe to say that we'll probably see a few new evolutions or pre-evolutions (I find that less likely though...) but like I said, I wouldn't be terribly upset if we didn't.

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
Guys I just thought about it... What if that latest revealed Poke you know : Oorotto might be an evolution of our old Pokemon : Sudowoodo?

That makes a lot of sense and I was wondering it myself, and considering all the people I've seen who want an evolution for Sudowoodo, it wouldn't surprise me if they made one.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As I said, it was seen in a Horde battle and I highly doubt they would put 5 fully evolved pokemon attack the player all at once. Now if it was surrounded by Sudowoodo and there was only 1 Oorotto, I could totally see it happening. They really never said if it was just that pokemon in the horde battle or if it was with others.

When I first saw the pokemon I thought of an evolution of Sudowoodo, but it looks too evil to be an evolution of that pokemon.

Also, I wouldn't mind not seeing old pokemon get evolutions as well, other than Eevee still not matching all the different enviroments. And there are just some pokemon that need Pre evos to make any since at all.

Years
It's too bad this Skrelp evolution was confirmed fake by serebii. I may have actually changed my mind from selecting X version. I am hoping skrelp undergoes a feebas->milotic transformation like in the fake scan.

Spoiler:

Honestly, I'm pretty okay with not seeing evolutions to old Pokemon. Would it be nice to see? Sure, but I'm not overly excited at the possibility of it. If Eevee is to get a new evolution, it's safe to say that we'll probably see a few new evolutions or pre-evolutions (I find that less likely though...) but like I said, I wouldn't be terribly upset if we didn't.

And actually, I really didn't like many of the gen IV evolutions. Many of them just seem extremely bloated, bulky, and uncreative versions of their predecessors. ie. Tangrowth, Electrivire, Lickilicky, Porygon-Z, Magmortar, Magnezone, Probopass, Togekiss, and Rhyperior. (This is why gen 4 is the least creative as far as overall pokemon design, despite having plenty of great new lines introduced.) These pokemon didn't need an evolution in many of the cases.

Though, there were some innovative designs such as Froslass, Dusknoir, Roserade, Yanmega, eeveelutions (these are always a safe bet), Gliscor, and Mamoswine/Gallade (on the fence with these two).

Don't get me wrong, there are some pokemon I REALLY want a new evolution for, but I am apprehensive about the track record; it's pretty much hit or miss when it comes to these. My short list of good evolutions/pre-evolutions would be:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Years
It's too bad this Skrelp evolution was confirmed fake by serebii. I may have actually changed my mind from selecting X version. I am hoping skrelp undergoes a feebas->milotic transformation like in the fake scan.

Spoiler:

And actually, I really didn't like many of the gen IV evolutions. Many of them just seem extremely bloated, bulky, and uncreative versions of their predecessors. ie. Tangrowth, Electrivire, Lickilicky, Porygon-Z, Magmortar, Magnezone, Probopass, Togekiss, and Rhyperior. (This is why gen 4 is the least creative as far as overall pokemon design, despite having plenty of great new lines introduced.) These pokemon didn't need an evolution in many of the cases.

Though, there were some innovative designs such as Froslass, Dusknoir, Roserade, Yanmega, eeveelutions (these are always a safe bet), Gliscor, and Mamoswine/Gallade (on the fence with these two).

Don't get me wrong, there are some pokemon I REALLY want a new evolution for, but I am apprehensive about the track record; it's pretty much hit or miss when it comes to these. My short list of good evolutions/pre-evolutions would be:
Spoiler:
Woah, that fake evolution is beautiful...compared to the real basic stage (well I'm assuming it's basic).

Also while judging their track record on evolution we should judge the one's introduced in gen 2 as well as that one had several.

Politoad was better than the alternate Poliwrath in design.
Slowking was also more creative than the other option, Slowbro.
Espeon and Umbreon were cool looking and set into motion the future additions to the eevee tree.
Belossom was cute, but the disappearance of poison is interesting...
Scizor was cool, and looks very different than Scyther yet similar enough to recognize it as an evolution.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Does anyone know if this Eevelution is fake or real? It was shot during Pokemon Smash but it was never aired. Its said to be a dragon type Eevelution. I know this might be old but I'm just curious since i wont give up on a Dragon Eevelution.

14tu7u0.jpg

Years
Does anyone know if this Eevelution is fake or real? It was shot during Pokemon Smash but it was never aired. Its said to be a dragon type Eevelution. I know this might be old but I'm just curious since i wont give up on a Dragon Eevelution.

14tu7u0.jpg
I don't think it's real but I sure wish it was, it looks cool plus I want a Dragon eeveelution.

Years

14tu7u0.jpg

That's right, we will never lose hope, no matter how slim the chance is!!!

It looks pretty believable, but most likely fake, since it has been a while since that photo surfaced. I kind of hoped it was too, I mean, this is the DRAGON EEVEE we're talking about, it has to look awesome!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

14tu7u0.jpg

If it does not appear on either the American or Japanese main sites, then it is fake. There was no report about this from any smash that I remember so it is not from Smash. Doubt we're getting any more eevee evoultions this gen since the Sylveon movie is said to have all forms and nothing else was reported when the movie came out.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
If it does not appear on either the American or Japanese main sites, then it is fake. There was no report about this from any smash that I remember so it is not from Smash. Doubt we're getting any more eevee evoultions this gen since the Sylveon movie is said to have all forms and nothing else was reported when the movie came out.

They said that it had all forms but they maybe didn't show the dragon type? I wont give up! xD

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
They said that it had all forms but they maybe didn't show the dragon type? I wont give up! xD

I would love a Dragon or Ghost type evolution, but I have to agree that we'll most likely not see any other evolutions for Eevee in this gen. :( I'm almost disappointed that they finally broke the pattern of how they release evolutions for Eevee (two at a time.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I would love a Dragon or Ghost type evolution, but I have to agree that we'll most likely not see any other evolutions for Eevee in this gen. :( I'm almost disappointed that they finally broke the pattern of how they release evolutions for Eevee (two at a time.)

There was never a pattern of how they released Eevee evolutions. Two times is not enough to make a pattern.

Back