• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
LOL. Even though I like shiny Dugtrio, I gotta agree that it looks like it has a cold. And I personally think shiny Nidoqueen looks way better than shiny Nidoking. I don't see baby blue suiting it at all. To each his own, I guess?

@ikaroschase: Y U MAKE USERBARS SO GOOD?? Hahaha they're so nice!

If the original 151 were STILL the only Pokémon today, do you think Pokémon would be as popular as it is?
Truthfully, no, it would have lost its hype a long time ago.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Username: miakalina
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Starmie, Vulpix, Vapreon, Seel, Dewgong, Oddish, and all of them. :]
Partner Pokemon: Minami the Vulpix

Indigo Plateau? :P

Last edited:

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Miakalina, you are forgetting one thing. Please carefully review the OP, then make a more appropriate join post.
Lol. I fixed it. x] Sorry about that. :P

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
That's better! Welcome, miakalina! You may have noticed we have an event taking place right now. It's probably too late for you to enter at the moment, but you can still vote for the best Gen I Pokemon themes! The participants list is in the OP. Before voting, remember to read the judging criteria from the OP. Voting starts in just under 6 hours.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
That's better! Welcome, miakalina! You may have noticed we have an event taking place right now. It's probably too late for you to enter at the moment, but you can still vote for the best Gen I Pokemon themes! The participants list is in the OP. Before voting, remember to read the judging criteria from the OP. Voting starts in just under 6 hours.
Do we vote here or send you our vote?
I think I know who I will be voting for. :3

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Sorry for not being clear. Votes are to be sent by PM to me. Just don't send it in until the voting officially starts. ;)
Will do! :D

@New topic: If the original 151 were STILL the only Pokemon today, do you think Pokemon would be as popular as it is?
As long as they added different story lines/attacks/features to the game, I think it would still be popular.
But that's just my biased opinion. :3

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I don't think I'll finish my signatures, tbh. If I do it like right now, it'll be really hastily done... It won't look pretty at all.

New topic: If the original 151 were STILL the only Pokemon today, do you think Pokemon would be as popular as it is?

Truthfully, I can't tell. I wasn't the type of kid who expected 100 new pokemon (and Johto) to be released, and I wasn't that amazed by it either (though I really liked it).

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
If the original 151 were STILL the only Pokemon today, do you think Pokemon would be as popular as it is?

honestly i don't think it will be as popular as it is today ): players like to discover new things and the same old pokemon again again would bore them :/ the release of new pokemon is really fascinating and makes us want to play more :D [but i think they kind of ran out of ideas on what pokemon to create?]

@nightofremorse naah my userbars are not that great ._. i'm just some noob who recently got interested in graphics and stuff c: you should really check out miltankrancher's :D they are the definition of awesome (:

@dragonitemysavior no worries (: anyone can learn how to make these graphics :D i just started out when i joined pokecomm on 18 December 2011

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon games would be popular if they changed the storyline and areas and such. But it's more the anime that got most kids into the games. It would get incredibly boring watching the same 151 over and over. I must say after Gen III it did go downhill a bit and some designs were a little unoriginal. But yeah, if they just stuck to the original 151 i think it would have only lasted another 2 games maybe.

ikaroschase

Years
i agree with jayster there ^

oh did anyone read the pokemon adventures manga?
i recently started reading and it's really different from the pokemon games.
because green's charmeleon totally sliced an arbok into half \(O-O)/
and the onix in the manga would shatter into boulders o_____o

excited about the contest right now :D i suppose i know who to vote for now :3

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Alright, it's pretty safe to say we won't have any new participants. Since Snivy063 never made an appropriate profile, I removed her from the contest, and deducted her points. I would like to declare (a little early) that voting is now OPEN. It will be open tentatively untul January 24, 2012, at 11:59PM EST. Please PM me your votes for ONE person's theme. Also, when judging 2Cool4Mewtwo, bear in mind he did not do the signature portion, so do not judge that portion.

When I update member points tomorrow, I will start a new policy. Every member whose last post in this thread was 2 weeks ago or more will be declared an inactive member. There will then be strikethrough put through their username in the member list. When the member posts next, the strikethrough is removed. While that strikethrough is present, the member will not receive recurring member points. If the strikethrough remains for 30 days, the member will then be removed from this club, and will have to re-sign up if they want to join again.

ikaroschase

Years
hey sorry this is like last minute but i just realised something.

the forum style you use will affect the outcome of profile pages.
for example, you use the 'nimbasa's shining beauty' style.
you will be able to view more fonts than when using the 'delibird's special delivery' style.
the down side is that there will be a shadow behind certain words and it won't look that nice :/
but if you use the 'delibird's special delivery' style, the shadows will disappear but you cannot see certain fonts o______o

Years
I honestly think that Pokemon could have stayed as popular with the original 151. I only say this because the idea behind Pokemon Black and Pokemon Red are pretty much the same. They just tweak the game as far as story and appropriate technology. If the makes of Pokemon really wanted to put in the effort and time, they could just keep the same Pokemon and simply put them in different story lines with each new game. I mean what's the difference between trying to evolve my Caterpie compared to trying to evolve my Wurmple? After all the new technology, each and every game requires you to simply catch and raise pokemon, get badges, defeat some crazy team of people, defeat an elite four, and fight some champion or something.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Alright, I've updated the points, and ikaroschase, I've added your userbar! miltankRancher, I have yet to add yours, since you say you still have some polishing up on it to do.

Yup, thank you. I may be able to finish it up during the weekends. LOL. The gif is much too long.

And ikaroschase, you are the better one of us. :)

On topic:

i think no. The first generation Pokemon offers not much of a stroyline. People woud get bored and such with recurring Pokemon like Charizard and Snorlax.

Years
Rocking 71 points, churr!!

haha On topic!

Yeah, with the storyline, it would get boring after a while. Plus in later gens they added the abilities, new types, some moves got a type change. If they didn't expand the games i'm sure many pokemon from the first gen would be quite useless. The Nidos don't really learn anything, neither does Rhyhorn/Rhydon, In the original games. So it was a good thing they have expanded it but you still can't beat the first 151 as they were the most original. Except maybe Voltorb and Electrode :P

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Rocking 71 points, churr!!

haha On topic!

Yeah, with the storyline, it would get boring after a while. Plus in later gens they added the abilities, new types, some moves got a type change. If they didn't expand the games i'm sure many pokemon from the first gen would be quite useless. The Nidos don't really learn anything, neither does Rhyhorn/Rhydon, In the original games. So it was a good thing they have expanded it but you still can't beat the first 151 as they were the most original. Except maybe Voltorb and Electrode :P

many people nowadays only regard the first gen as a nostalgic one, and the generation that introduced gengar and starmie.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Sorry for being late; had an early-starting long work day. But, I've updated all the points, including userbar and member points, and enacted the new inactivity policy. If I missed your userbar points, please let me know.

Years
Don't know why it would only classed as Nostalgic, Gengar and Starmie didn't really take a big toll in the actual game. Personally i liked Pokemon when it wasn't all about strategy, but for the fun of the game and wiping everything in your way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back