• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blastoise Keldeo and Winter Regionals

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Hey guys! This'll be my first deck in a while (2 months?) because after my Hydrai won BRs, I decided to take a break. I'm still building this list, so dont hate if it sucks, k? here's goes! :D

Pokémon – 14

4-1-3 Blastoise
3 Keldeo-EX
2 Mewtwo-EX
1 Kyurem

T/S - 34

4 Catcher
4 SSU
4 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Random Receiver
1 Super Rod

4 P. Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Cilan
1 Bianca

Energy – 12

12 Water

Strategy: Similar to ReshiBoar (loved that deck haha), this deck should set up Blastoise by T2 or T3, as well as Keldeo and/or Mew2 and use Deluge (Inferno Fandango 2.0) to deal massive damage. Kyurem is an alternative attacker for Siggy and Bouffalant.

I want to run Eviolite, Gold Potion, and more Energy. What would you advise I take out?
I am also debating to run either this deck or Eelektrik/Raikou/Zekrom/Mewtwo. Which do you think I should run?

Here's the new list:

4-0-3 Blastoise
2 Keldeo EX
4 Mewtwo EX
1 Kyurem
1 Keldeo (with hydro pump (60 + 10 for each water energy on it))

4 Rare Candy
4 Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Super Rod
1 Computer Search
4 N
4 Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Bianca

13 Water Energy
3 DCE

This list is more focused on rushing Mewtwo onto the field while arming up Keldeo and Blastoise.
I am debating on whether to replace the Kyurem/Keldeo with a third Keldeo-EX. What do you guys think I should do?

Whatcha think?

Last edited:

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
If you really wanna make room for gold potion, I guess maybe take out a random receiver, seeing as you already run 3 Skyla. 4 candy might be a tad excessive with a 4-1-3 line, so maybe take 1 out and Bianca for 2 Eviolite.

Other than that though, nice list!

(PS, don't run Zekeels. Landorus is too good)

Last edited:

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
I think that may just be a problem with the nature of Blastoise/Keldeo, that it runs out of resources quickly and doesn't have many recovery options. The only real option is to increase your count of energy retrieval/super rod, with the removal of Cilan, if you choose the more conserving route.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Aww... but I like the Super Rod/Cilan combo when I only have 3 energy in discard and I Super Rod them and Cilan them... oh well. Sacrifices must be made lol :)

Years
The alternative would be to kick in a couple more energy, but it would be a better space use to put in something that recovers more energy like Energy Retrieval, since you can recover 2 energy with Energy Retrieval, versus the one energy you'd get from the energy card.

I might still up the energy count to 14 since your deck is so heavily dependent on having energy in hand, but that just ups the chances of getting an Energy when you need something to fetch a 'mon with.

Years
In an evolution based deck I would run Comnputer Search over Gold Potion because it improves your consistency in getting out your Blastoise by searching for the key combo pieces you need. Also you have four Super Scoop Up for healing anyway. I would max out Skyla and remove a Rare Candy, since Skyla can search for Rare Candy anyway and Rare Candy can become a dead draw mid to late game, especially if you are running four of them. You're better off searching for Rare Candy when you need to use it and running less copies of it.

It seems you've hit the other end of the supporter spectrum as well. I would stick to 4-4-4 Juniper, N, Skyla and then run two Cilan. I think you can drop the lone Bianca and the two Random Receivers. I would remove Super Rod as well. The thing is, there's just more important stuff you need to add in and Super Rod is one of the first things to cut in all honesty. You now have space to add in a few Eviolite.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
This deck requires the normal Keldeo due to Sigilyph becoming more popular. Even one regular kyurem is not enough to prevent a Sigilyph from trolling you. The only way you can deal with it currently is with that kyurem or attacking with blastoise...yeah...blastoise attacking not a good idea.
Also having a third Mewtwo EX will ensure that you can win any Mewtwo war with opponents that don't main deck 3 Mewtwo EX.
You don't have any tool scrapper to counter opposing evolites/dark claws which can be a hinder in a mewtwo war or trying to take down Darkrai EX.

I really like super rod in this deck as you can be discarding a lot of your early cards in order to set up that turn 2-3 Blastoise and recovering KO-ED squirtles/blastoises
I increased the supporter line up and cut out random receiver because I feel 4 Skyla and 3 Bianca/Cheren should be enough to allow you to setup. Also you can't re-use your trainer cards due to lack of Sable-eye "Junk Hunt". You're trying to acquire pieces and if you random receiver into a Early game N or Juniper it can set you back anyway.
You should use Skyla to set up when you need to Juniper dead hands or grab the combo pieces required.
Personally my luck on coin flip cards are well known for getting "Double Five" when Dual Ball was present in the format or just always failing which is why I did not include Super Scoop Up.

Here is my take on the deck:

14 Pokemon:
4-0-3 Squirtle/Blastoise line
3 Mewtwo EX
1 Keldeo BW Promo
3 Keldeo EX

11 Supporters:
4 Prof Juniper
4 Skyla
4 N
3 Cheren/Bianca

21 Trainer Items:
1 Computer Search
3 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Super Rod
2 Energy Retrieval
3 Energy Switch
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Evolite

14 Energy:
14 Water

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
This deck requires the normal Keldeo due to Sigilyph becoming more popular. Even one regular kyurem is not enough to prevent a Sigilyph from trolling you. The only way you can deal with it currently is with that kyurem or attacking with blastoise...yeah...blastoise attacking not a good idea.
Also having a third Mewtwo EX will ensure that you can win any Mewtwo war with opponents that don't main deck 3 Mewtwo EX.
You don't have any tool scrapper to counter opposing evolites/dark claws which can be a hinder in a mewtwo war or trying to take down Darkrai EX.

I really like super rod in this deck as you can be discarding a lot of your early cards in order to set up that turn 2-3 Blastoise and recovering KO-ED squirtles/blastoises
I increased the supporter line up and cut out random receiver because I feel 4 Skyla and 3 Bianca/Cheren should be enough to allow you to setup. Also you can't re-use your trainer cards due to lack of Sable-eye "Junk Hunt". You're trying to acquire pieces and if you random receiver into a Early game N or Juniper it can set you back anyway.
You should use Skyla to set up when you need to Juniper dead hands or grab the combo pieces required.
Personally my luck on coin flip cards are well known for getting "Double Five" when Dual Ball was present in the format or just always failing which is why I did not include Super Scoop Up.

Here is my take on the deck:

14 Pokemon:
4-0-3 Squirtle/Blastoise line
3 Mewtwo EX
1 Keldeo BW Promo
3 Keldeo EX

11 Supporters:
4 Prof Juniper
4 Skyla
4 N
3 Cheren/Bianca

21 Trainer Items:
1 Computer Search
3 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Super Rod
2 Energy Retrieval
3 Energy Switch
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Evolite

14 Energy:
14 Water

Alright, thanks. I love how you suggest more non-EX attackers, and only put one in your list xD Also, would you really not put in SSU? I find it really helpful a lot of the time...

One more thing. I saw a list on a Pokémon website that's really Pro, and it used Sigilyph with one Psychic Energy. Would you recommend that, because I'm worried that I'm gonna end up starting with just Siggy and my Psy energy is prized.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I suggest you keep the pokemon line up the same, the regular Keldeo works with the theme and you can add another copy to the list if you find siggy being popular.
You can test different amounts of trainers/supporters/energy to get the right balance. Personally I did not add SSU because my luck with coin flips is just awful. I'd rather just let the Keldeo EX get knocked out, energy retrieval and then just attack with a fresh one XD.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
You're gonna think I'm crazy, but look at my new list:

Pokémon – 13

3 Keldeo-EX
2 Mewtwo-EX
4-0-3 Blastoise
1 Sigilyph

Items and ACE SPECS – 20

4 Rare Candy
4 Pokémon Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
2 Energy Retrieval
1 SSU
1 Level Ball
1 Energy Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Computer Search

Supporters – 11

4 Juniper
3 N
4 Skyla

Energy – 16

14 Water
2 Psychic

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
You need at least 4 Psychic if you want to be consistent enough to power up Siggy. There are other possible attackers such as:
Tornadus
Boffulant
Keldeo

Also only running 3 N when you're not the fastest deck in the world due to having to set up a stage 2 is a bit silly since you can easily benefit from their prize advantage with N.
Yes you are crazy.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015
Keldeo // Blastoise

Pokemon:

4 - Squirtle
3 - Blastoise
3 - Keldeo EX
1 - Mewtwo EX
1 - Keldeo BC47

= 12

Stadium:

2 - Tropical Beach

= 2

Supporter:

4 - Juniper
4 - N
4 - Skyla
2 - Bianca 
1 - Cilan

= 15

Trainer:

4 - Rare Candy
4 - Ultra Ball
3 - Pokemon Catcher
3 - Energy Retrieval
1 - Heavy Ball
1 - Super Rod
1 - Computer Search - ACE SPEC

= 17

Energisation:

14 - Basic Water

= 14

Deck Total = 60

Keldeo / Blastoise is all about one thing. Attacking on Turn 2 to get the ball rolling early for sustained, amplified attacks during the rest of the game! This requires a build based around one main factor, T2 Blastoise! 

Last edited:

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
High Level players have used Tropical Beach as a Stadium for this deck, since it can't really attack on turn 1. They use tropical beach to draw into more cards for the higher chance of a turn 2 Blastoise.
If you're serious about the card game and tournaments, possibly investing in 1 or 2 copies may benefit the deck.

Back