• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greek myth Challenge

Years
Introduction:
Hello guys my name is Atie, this is a Greek myths challenge highly inspired by the game God of War. I've did this one a long time ago for fun and really wanted to make it an official challenge and share it with you guys here on the Pokecommunity. So Let's get started!

Rules:
1* you have to pick one of the mythological characters listed under.
2* Cheating/hacking/trading Pokemon isn't allowed in any way (I think the optional myths variable enough to get your very early in the game. In the worst case you have to request before you Cheat a Pokemon)
3* Hacks are allowed to use only if they are finished up to 8 badges and the Pokemon league
4* Your Myth-based Pokemon has to be named after the represented Mythological character
5* Follow the rules that every Mythological character has attached to it.
6* Gods can't be revived during battles!
7* No eggs accepted gods aren't born from eggs!
8* Gods can't be healed by human made potions!
9* No Legendaries allowed! The Myths are already Legendary!
10* All moves that are part of the mythical character you've chosen need to be atleast learnable in the beginning, learned ASAP and at latest be learned before you beat the challenge(for the late learners)

Mythologial Characters
Spoiler:

To complete the Challenge
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

My sign up sheet
Spoiler:

Contestants
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

I've only added the Olympian gods. If anyone has some suggestions about more Greek myths feel free to post their name and some rules to attach to them.
And good luck

Last edited:
Years
Let me do a little update first :D

*Chose Oshawott as Poseidon
*defeated Hugh twice

Now searching for a Female Riolu to be my Artemis.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
As a huge fan of Greek mythology, this challenge really got my attention (Never played God of War before though)!

Name: GucciMeme
Challenge: Single
Game: FireRed Omega (a 386 hack, no difficulty, text or region is altered)

If I could make suggestions:

EROS (better known as Cupid)
-Small Pokemon (Pink is a recommended color)
-MUST be Male
-Normal/Psychic/Flying
-One non-attacking move, Attract/Charm/Helping Hand for example

Years
As a huge fan of Greek mythology, this challenge really got my attention (Never played God of War before though)!

-MUST be Male
-Normal/Psychic/Flying

Thx for your application and recommendation.
I will update the thread with Eros :D
I was having a struggle with finding a Mythical character that could be potentional a psychic type.
I will update the thread :D

Success and have fun with the challenge!

UPDATE:
-Caught Riolu - Artemis
-Defeated 1st gym
-Caught Growlithe - Hephaestus
-Defeated 2nd gym
-Poseidon evolved into Dewott

Now on my way to the 3rd gym!

Last edited:

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
Years
Name: xXCrazyJXx
Game: Fire Red

I will post updates when i am back online. But i'm going to choose Charmander as my Hephaestus.

Update:

• Caught Mankey for my Ares
  • Mankey was Defeated by a pidgey which I caught and named Kratos
  • Trained both Mephaestus and Kratos to level 10

Question, Does a Greek God Pokemon such as Zeus have to have thunder or thunderbolt eight off the bat or do they have to have to be able to learn it?

Last edited:
Years
Question, Does a Greek God Pokemon such as Zeus have to have thunder or thunderbolt eight off the bat or do they have to have to be able to learn it?

No it has to be atleast learnable and should be learned ASAP.
Like all moves, They need to be learned ASAP. It needs to be learned at latest before you beat the challenge.
That doesn't mean that you have all the way till the elite 4 to learn the move. It needs to be learned the instance it's available.

I will add this in the rules :)

UPDATE! took way longer than it should've been because of corrupted savings
-Defeated team Plasma at Virbank city
-Chased them all the way through Castellia city
-Caught a male and a female Eevee, The male is going to be Apollo and the female Athena(This took most of the time)
-Artemis evolved into Lucario in the process.
-Defeated the 3rd gym.

Goals: I'm now heading for the next gym after I cleared the last things in Castellia.
I'm also planning on evolving the Eevee's into the Johto duos focusing on Athena at night and Apollo at day.

Team
Poseidon - Dewott Lv. 22
Artemis - Lucario Lv. 21
Hephaestus - Growlithe Lv. 23
Apollo - Eevee Lv. 21
Athena - Eevee lv. 18

Last edited:

D3M0NIX

Years
What about bug type Pokemon?

what about adding a nuzlocke rule to this. cause I think that would be really challenging.

Last edited:
Years
What about bug type Pokemon?

what about adding a nuzlocke rule to this. cause I think that would be really challenging.

I was thinking about adding to the rules of making the Pokemon you chose as myths die as they faint. as something like and optional rule. I thought it was quite a bit challenging already since you are limited to use revives and healing items.
And having a Nuzlocke rule would support the usage of Kratos. But I think I need to add more myths in order to add a Nuzlocke rule because there are a bit to less gods and it would be a bit lame to re-use gods. So as for now I won't add it as an official rule..

As for the bug Pokemon type. I was thinking about a way to fit the bug type in Demeter the god of nature but not to many bugs can learn both a weather changing move and a move that has a impact on that weather so I may be thinking of scrapping the weather impacted move.

D3M0NIX

Years
I was thinking about adding to the rules of making the Pokemon you chose as myths die as they faint. as something like and optional rule. I thought it was quite a bit challenging already since you are limited to use revives and healing items.
And having a Nuzlocke rule would support the usage of Kratos. But I think I need to add more myths in order to add a Nuzlocke rule because there are a bit to less gods and it would be a bit lame to re-use gods. So as for now I won't add it as an official rule..

As for the bug Pokemon type. I was thinking about a way to fit the bug type in Demeter the god of nature but not to many bugs can learn both a weather changing move and a move that has a impact on that weather so I may be thinking of scrapping the weather impacted move.

Actually, a little fun fact. Butterfree, yes being a flying/bug type can actualy learn Sunny day and Solar beam by way of TM. But sadly, TM 11 - Sunny day can only be found in the safari zone in Fire Red. Solar Beam though, i'm still looking up on BulbaPedia.

The reason i was wondering what God category bug type poke fell in is because of the first pokemon gym. Brock, whcih he uses geodude and Onix. He's hard to beat if you don't have his weakness against him. Which Rock type are badly hurt by; Water Type, Fighting Type, and Grass Types. Which i don't seem to possess. But i'm thinking if i catch a caterpie and evolve it all the way to butterfree, I may have a chance against him.

Years
Actually, a little fun fact. Butterfree, yes being a flying/bug type can actualy learn Sunny day and Solar beam by way of TM. But sadly, TM 11 - Sunny day can only be found in the safari zone in Fire Red. Solar Beam though, i'm still looking up on BulbaPedia.

The reason i was wondering what God category bug type poke fell in is because of the first pokemon gym. Brock, whcih he uses geodude and Onix. He's hard to beat if you don't have his weakness against him. Which Rock type are badly hurt by; Water Type, Fighting Type, and Grass Types. Which i don't seem to possess. But i'm thinking if i catch a caterpie and evolve it all the way to butterfree, I may have a chance against him.

Sorry my big mouth opened without having knowledge. When you said Butterfree could learn Solarbeam I was quite surprised. Than I looked if more bug types could learn that combination and the most can.

When I see "bug type" Scyther, Scizor, Pinser, Heracross like Pokemon appear first in mind and I know they can't learn that combination.

Most of the bug types can learn solar beam and sunny day so added bug type to Demeter god. Thx :DD

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I don't wanna do the challenge (not now at least) but i have a couple of suggestions:

HYPNOS-god of sleep
-Must be male
-Must be a Psychic\Fairy type
-Must know the moves Hypnosis and dream eater.

ATLAS-The titan who held the earth
-Must be male
-Must be a fighting type and know at least 2 fighting moves.
-Must have a very high defenses (he was forced to carry the earth on his shoulders,man he needs to be tough).

Years
I don't wanna do the challenge (not now at least) but i have a couple of suggestions:

HYPNOS-god of sleep
-Must be male
-Must be a Psychic\Fairy type
-Must know the moves Hypnosis and dream eater.

ATLAS-The titan who held the earth
-Must be male
-Must be a fighting type and know at least 2 fighting moves.
-Must have a very high defenses (he was forced to carry the earth on his shoulders,man he needs to be tough).

Thank you very much for you suggestions they look fantastic tbh I will add these 2 on the list thank you ^^

UPDATE: this one took a while had somethings in life to do.

*trained both Apollo and Atheba to Espeon and Umbreon
*defeated the nimbasa gym leader

And that was about it. For this update
Now planning on traveling to the next city amd train Poseidon and Hephaestus

Team:
Poseidon Lv:23
Artemis Lv:24
Hephaestus Lv:27
Athena Lv:29
Apollo Lv:27

Last edited:
Years
This is an update after a long while, The phone that I played my challenge with broke and I couldn't make progress on a pc emulator.

*Arrived at Driftveil city.
*Met ex-team plasma and did their event.
*Defeated Driftveil city gym.
*Became the champion in the PWT Driftveil challenge.
*Defeated team plasma at their boat-headquarters.

No I'm heading to the next city

Team:
Poseidon Lvl:28
Artemis Lvl:28
Hephaestus Lvl:33
Apollo Lvl:28
Athena Lv:29

Billeh

Local Pokemon Genius
Years
I'm doing the same as Killer, just dropping suggestions.
NEMESIS-God of revenge
-Must be Female
-Must learn Revenge or Reversal

GAIA-Elder god of earth
-Must be ground type
-Must be caught above level 30 (elder god)

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years

-MUST be Male
-Normal/Psychic/Flying

Sorry, going to pull out of this challenge. I had three team members and completed a badge, but had to use the save file for another challenge. I apologize.

Years
I'm doing the same as Killer, just dropping suggestions.
NEMESIS-God of revenge
-Must be Female
-Must learn Revenge or Reversal

GAIA-Elder god of earth
-Must be ground type
-Must be caught above level 30 (elder god)

Ty for the nice ideas will be added

Years
Sorry, going to pull out of this challenge. I had three team members and completed a badge, but had to use the save file for another challenge. I apologize.

Too bad, Good luck on your next progress.

Name: AoTora
Game: Yet Another FireRed Hack (Same storyline, same characters just different pokemon in-game).

You will be added to the list good luck on the challenge ^^.

Years
Status of the challenge: Failed.

Started this yesterday - got through pretty much whole game without a problem- than elite 4 came. I overtrained- but still... Healing restrictions didn't help either.. Lance- Earthquake+Roost+Leftovers on all of his pokemon - So annoying! Most of my team is weak to Earthquake - and the only one that is not is staraptor - that cannot even touch dragons D: So I gave up after 10+ fights with Lance.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
I may start this on ruby tomorrow, although I may start it on diamond and do THG on ruby. I also have a suggestion.

Hestia- Goddess of hearth and home.
Must be fire type (can be mixed, although must have one type as fire.)
Must have at least 1 special attack.
Must have at least 1 stat raising attack.
Must be female.

Back