• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X & Y's Region Home to Early Humans?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Now, we all know that Generation IV included a lot on the origins of Pokemon, and the Pokemon universe at large, but other than being included in some of the myths, the origins of humans in the Pokemon world wasn't really dealt with. With Generation VI apparently dealing with a region at least partially based on France and a focus on genetics and the like could we be seeing that topic finally dealt with, as France is home to the first discovered Cro-Magnon remains?

Just a thought I had.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Huh... that can be pretty interesting to find out! Cause you know, you're right; all the while, we've learned about how there was ancient pokemon like Aerodactyl who turned into fosills that were ressurected by humans, but we've never really learned about human evolution, or the general origin of humans. Hm, after the pokemon world was shaped, I think the earliest era known was when the prehistoric pokemon existed, where I guess the species of Mew had more of a population, where I guessssss this was around the time the first human set foot.

So, yeah, I guess with the possible theme of genetics here, they might hint at that possibilty; at the time where humans lived with the prehistoric pokemon.. They could have remians of the earliest human bones or skulls at museums. Or, maybe they can mention that on a biological and anthropological approach, the human had particular genes from... monkey-like pokemon (or not)ancestors? (since there's a belief that monkeys or primates might be the ancestors of humans).

So yeah, the possibility is up in the air!

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Hmm. I've said this before and will say it again. anything related to religion and origins can't be put in. There is still no "real" statement on humanity's origins. Now i'm not saying GF will immediately get sued or something. But seeing as there is no real requirement to put it in, why take the risk?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Hmm. I've said this before and will say it again. anything related to religion and origins can't be put in. There is still no "real" statement on humanity's origins. Now i'm not saying GF will immediately get sued or something. But seeing as there is no real requirement to put it in, why take the risk?

You're on about a game that creatures evolve in a matter of seconds after battling.

GF would not get sued for putting origins in Pokemon. These games are a form of art you know ;) And GF has put a lot of origin in Pokemon, in fact most legendaries are tied to the creation of the world/universe/other creatures

Yuoaman

Years

Except it is canon in the Pokemon universe that Arceus created everything, they are obviously not afraid of inserting such themes in their work - and the very first generation included a Pokemon which had been created by man. And I'm not going trying to start anything, but Cro-Magnon man are well proven by science to be ancestors to modern day man, this isn't fringe science here. And if they didn't get sued back in the '90s over the silly "evolution" thing, this won't be a big deal at all.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
You know, I had a weird thought.

What is it about Humans (in the pokemon series) that makes them not Pokemon? I mean you have all these creatures who can use special moves and have types....but then you have this lone species with none of those characteristics. Isn't it odd?

When you think about it, it's something that is just taken for granted....it's never really cleared up.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
You know, I had a weird thought.

What is it about Humans (in the pokemon series) that makes them not Pokemon? I mean you have all these creatures who can use special moves and have types....but then you have this lone species with none of those characteristics. Isn't it odd?

When you think about it, it's something that is just taken for granted....it's never really cleared up.

There are people with pretty powerful psychic powers that we don't see in the real world. That could be a link between Pokemon and humans.

Or humans are Psychic-types and the ones who can't do any Psychic attacks haven't been trained. :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Almost anything's possible and almost nothing is known.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Humans have always been the ??? type that GameFreak never bothered to use.

I've always found that because humans in the world of Pokémon are more of less the same as a realistic person, their idea or history of where they may originate from in the world of Pokémon never really held my attention. It's always the origins of the Pokémon that are so much more fascinating to me because of the various stories, mysteries, and mythology that comes with them.

But if there's one thought I've always pondered about is, which Pokémon do humans share the most common DNA with? For example, we share it with chimpanzees I believe.

If these games do happen to explore human origins, then I'd like for them to explore it in a way where it isn't just one path, but with various different conclusions. That way it's still up to the player to decide which they believe in, if any at all. Kind of like real life.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think it would be kinda interesting if you came across a human that could fight on their own without a pokemon.

Obviously not something that would be widespread...something that is seen as incredibly strange....maybe if they had two characters in the storyline. One a Psychic and the other a martial artist who travelled together fighting pokemon.

Personally I would find that more interesting than suggestions in another thread to fight more inanimate non-pokemon objects. (like in pokestudio)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I wonder if these ancient human ancestors have a connection with the ancient Mew population - maybe some of them witnessed Mew species and became their first... 'partners or friends'?

Perhaps a showcase of cave paintings could show stories with them. O:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
This could be really interesting. I mean we do know that Yamask were former people so there could be some kind of connection.

I think it would be kinda interesting if you came across a human that could fight on their own without a pokemon.

Obviously not something that would be widespread...something that is seen as incredibly strange....maybe if they had two characters in the storyline. One a Psychic and the other a martial artist who travelled together fighting pokemon.

Although I'm sure someone like Sabrina could more than take care of themselves, it would be interesting to see a physical fighter who could take on a Pokemon. Maybe not someone who just fights them for the hell of it but someone who definitely could stand their ground if needed; Maybe they even train together with their Pokemon to increase their own fighting/defense abilities.

Seeing some more people(although really rare still) would help so humans wouldn't seem so helpless and, at the same time, so Pokemon wouldn't lose their being special. Those with powers might really be some sort of bridge between people and Pokemon, like Deokishisu said(if I'm not mistaken, haha).

Yeah, I know the games are the real canon, but we do know their are special people.

Yuoaman

Years
Well we do know that early humans came into conflict with Pokemon from the legends in Sinnoh, it would be cool to see that sort of thing from an archaeological perspective.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Now, we all know that Generation IV included a lot on the origins of Pokemon, and the Pokemon universe at large, but other than being included in some of the myths, the origins of humans in the Pokemon world wasn't really dealt with. With Generation VI apparently dealing with a region at least partially based on France and a focus on genetics and the like could we be seeing that topic finally dealt with, as France is home to the first discovered Cro-Magnon remains?

Just a thought I had.

Hmm seems like that this would be amazing to add, we'll be able to tell if it shows more of the region, then we can see if it's old or new xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'll find it odd if they focus on Humans for once. Usually the times they've mentioned Humanities origins are when Pokémon are involved like the Sinnoh story with what is beleived to be Giratina and the human. Focusing on humans alone doesn't seem right to me at all...though they could tie it with Pokémon by doing a legend of how a Pokémon made humans out of clay like in the Chinese myth and many other religions including the story of Adam's creation (Earth) . Oh Human's are ground types than!

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Maybe the origins of humans in the pokemon world could be the theme of the game and so explains a bit the double helix on the japanese logo. i could see that inputed in the game's story plot

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y might end up explaining about the origins of how humans came to the Pokémon universe. Or if it doesn't, it could end up explaining about how Pokémon and humans actually came together to work alongside each other.

But I'd like to see something that explains about the origins of humans arriving in the Pokémon universe. So then it would explain how humans came to exist in the Pokémon universe in the first place, knowing that humans came from a planet named Earth, while the Pokémon world is similar to Earth... it may be a completely parallel world to Earth.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Except it is canon in the Pokemon universe that Arceus created everything, they are obviously not afraid of inserting such themes in their work - and the very first generation included a Pokemon which had been created by man. And I'm not going trying to start anything, but Cro-Magnon man are well proven by science to be ancestors to modern day man, this isn't fringe science here. And if they didn't get sued back in the '90s over the silly "evolution" thing, this won't be a big deal at all.

No maybe not, but pokemon are a fictional creature, man is not. I also dont know why anyone would take it offensively. But if i was them, i wouldnt risk anything for something like that

Back