• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Murkrows, fishyfins!

Congrats on the shiny Moltres, TSE!

Congrats on the shiny Skittys, Slenderman!

Congrats on the shiny Skitty, Spritingyoshi22!

Welcome to the club, Dimitrius Shinamorri! I'm sorry to hear about the corrupt SS.

This week's random hunt is... Torchic!

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Thank you, Latios Master. On both counts. It was a loss. I fell from my path as Pokemon Master, but I will return to that whence my Shiny Hunting takes me across the regions.

GAH! Torchic!? Of course! This was meant to be. >:[ It's time to start the hunt.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
ShinyEevee: gratz on the Moltres! I was always a fan of the Kanto birds :)

Slenderman and SpritingYoshi: Gratz on the Skitties ^^

Dimitrius: Sorry to hear about your corrupted SS. I know the pain. Around xmas time, i noticed that my housemate had stolen my copies of Diamond, Pearl and White, and sold them. I was left with my GBA games, and Heart Gold (which was safe in the DS at the time). Not quite a corrupt file, but i lost 3 complete save files and all the pokemon on them. thankfully all my shinies and non gen 5 special pokemon were still on HG, so i didnt lose any. You have my sympathies.

Well, after 1932 REs between Diamond and Heart Gold, shiny Tentacool just popped up on my Diamond!

I really do seem to have good luck with these shinies :/ I think ill go and do some chaining for the rest of the day, see if i can get that Ponyta that vexed me so much 4 years ago! After that, ill start another hunt, and i think ill do some soft resetting. One of my work colleagues gave me his copy of SS a few weeks ago, so ill restart his game and try for a starter on that i think. maybe dual hunt on my other DS for a shiny Kanto starter.

Good luck everyone!

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Hello, first time posting here at all. :)

I have a few shiny pokemon gathered by various methods. Of course my two completely random encounter pokemon were the most nerve wracking things ever... and consider that I've played since before pokemon was in color and thus shinies were a thing, and the only two I've ever found were:

Shiny Psyduck (Emerald) Safari Zone... It escaped once but didn't run, and I caught it on the second Safari Ball... mild heart attack. Now evolved as a Golduck.
Shiny Graveler (Pearl) ... yeah, my second shiny ever and the darn thing is capable of Selfdestruct!!!! I got lucky and caught it, now a Golem.

So those are my 100% legit, nerve wracking shinies. I have a handful that I've caught via the pokeradar thing - still consider that legit myself as it's not easy to chain them without screwing up:
Phanpy (now evolved)
Mareep (now evolved)
and
Eevee (I got three before the chain broke, now Espeon, Umbreon, and Leafeon)

Got the Red Gyrados from Soul Silver... whatever, but it's shiny...so yeah. :D

Finally I got two in trades - I list them last because it's likely they're hacked, but then again, if someone can hack a shiny, why wouldn't they hack whatever they were trading for? I have no clue myself... but I have a Shiny Metagross and a Braviary. Again, these two are 99% probably not legit, hence listed last.

Currently wandering in Pokemon White 2 - mostly cruising the watery areas in search of really anything shiny - not hunting anything specific at the moment. I've played Crystal -> White 2...stupid amount of time playing these games, and still most proud of my Golem and Golduck... the rest are cool too of course, but I'm due for another random Shiny... fingers crossed. :D

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Looks like my Ponyta chaining curse is over! after a few attempts with it breaking around 12-15, i managed to get the chain to 40. As i write this, i have 5 shiny Ponyta from this chain :)

Edit: Managed to get 9 shiny Ponyta from the chain before it broke. I was gonna quit at 10 anyway, but i got a bit confused when a repel ended XD oh well, 9 aint too bad :)

Last edited:
Years
Congrats on the Skitty, Tentacool and Ponytas! ^^
An unofficial welcome to the club to Dimi and theroguewriter!

@Spritingyoshi - I would, but I've actually just decided I'm gonna be a terrible person and put all of my hunts on hold so I can dual SR a starter and do an SS badgequest. Lol...

So, yep, dual SRing starters, just a heads up, is insanely easy. You get almost 50 pokemon done in five minute. It's insane XD I just started and I'm up to 48 pokemon! Woot! So yup, I'm hoping for anything but Chikorita, but I wouldn't even mind one of those to be completely honest. I hope this turns out to be my longest hunt... Haha XD

Last edited:

SuspectedElk

Two Tailed Wonder
Years
Congrats on all the shinies!

@TheShinyEvee - I'm also doing a badge quest on my heart gold, though only single hunting. Currently at 325 resets for a starter. Good luck to you!

6,400 and counting for Regice.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
As i said in a previous post, one of my work collegues gave me his copy of SS, which i now hope to SR for a shiny starter or two. I really want chikorita! Ive been thinking of turning it into a badge quest as well, so we could be "on the same page" so to speak ShinyEevee ^^

Ive been looking into it though, and i cant seem to find any official rules for a badge quest. what are the rules? all i know is that you have to find/catch a 1/8192 shiny before each gym battle beore you can progress. is that it?

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Hi there.
I know I haven't posted for a long time, but I've been doing some hunting. On Black 2, I've been MMing Caterpie. I thought it would be easy because of its fast hatch rate, but I was very wrong. I intend to finish the Pokedex after finding it, so I can RE with some hope. I have also been SRing Rayquaza on SoulSilver, which in my opinion is the coolest shiny ever (don't tell Giratina).
Neither one of my hunts have been successful. Do you guys know any tricks to hunt faster? You seem to get a few hundred SRs in one day.

I would jump of joy if I found a shiny.

SuspectedElk

Two Tailed Wonder
Years
Ive been looking into it though, and i cant seem to find any official rules for a badge quest. what are the rules? all i know is that you have to find/catch a 1/8192 shiny before each gym battle beore you can progress. is that it?

There aren't any official rules as far as I know. It's very much like a Nuzlocke in that the rules are whatever you want them to be, but most people just use the base rule you mentioned which is to catch a 1/8192 shiny before every gym.

Do you guys know any tricks to hunt faster? You seem to get a few hundred SRs in one day.

I do about 500 resets a day when I have other stuff going on. Usually 750+ on the weekends. But I'm at home all day and pretty much everything I do I can hunt while doing it. I'm not sure there's any "special tactics" to doing it faster since the process is so simple in the first place. Just make more time to hunt if you can. That would be my advice. :)

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I've been on shiny hunting hiatus for a little while... But I'm back with my zorua MM hunt! Only have like 50 eggs so far, but we'll see how well I keep up with it! xD

Congrats to everyone who got shinies since my last post! ...two pages ago. We have a lot of activity suddenly~ I haven't seen most of you in the chat lately. >.>!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I found and caught a shiny Magnemite in HeartGold around last week! I wanted to post here right away as soon as I found it, but somehow I forgot. Anyway, here I am to report my capture! I was walking around in the grass west of Ecruteak City near the Miltank Farm just doing some training, when suddenly out popped this shiny Magnemite! I brought out a Pokemon with normal-type moves, brought it to red HP and caught it. It's my third encountered shiny of all time; shinies seem to evade me somehow, so I'm happy! :D

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The May Monthly Quest!!

It's the month of May! I don't know why they named a month after May (Brock totally deserves to have a month named after him), but we're going to celebrate all of Ash's companions!

To complete this month's Quest, find two shinies who were at one point owned by Ash or one of his companions! You can acquire it in any evolutionary stage - for example, Grimer will count for the Quest, even though Ash only had Muk.

You can find a list of the Pokemon they've owned here: http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/

The contest lasts until midnight EST on June 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

(I'll make my personal post later on when I have more time!)

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
Sorry I wasn't talking I caught another Audino (Post pic soon) with adamant nature lol anyway good luck everybody on their hunts ^.^

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
The May Monthly Quest!!

It's the month of May! I don't know why they named a month after May (Brock totally deserves to have a month named after him), but we're going to celebrate all of Ash's companions!

To complete this month's Quest, find two shinies who were at one point owned by Ash or one of his companions! You can acquire it in any evolutionary stage - for example, Grimer will count for the Quest, even though Ash only had Muk.

You can find a list of the Pokemon they've owned here:

Good luck and have fun!

Since it's Ash's companions could we hunt Pokemon that he didn't actually catch but he traveled with/bonded with over multiple episodes like Haunter, Larvitar, and Raticate?

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Working on a shiny hunt in HeartGold at the moment, up to 400ish SRs for a starter (so 1200ish pokemon seen) - something to do on the long shifts at work. No luck yet, but I'm hoping before the weekend is out I'll have something for my efforts. I think my goal will be to acquire an all shiny team to play through the game with - the only exception being the obligatory HM slaves...Dunno if I'll do one per gym as someone mentioned, or maybe minimum 4 shinies before the E4, as that seems at least moderately more realistic...

Edit: did some more hunting, now a bit over 2000ish starters seen, but the RNG gods have continued to ignore me. Hopefully I'll have more luck tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Since it's Ash's companions could we hunt Pokemon that he didn't actually catch but he traveled with/bonded with over multiple episodes like Haunter, Larvitar, and Raticate?

I'd definitely say that he owned Raticate (it would count for his Pokedex), and I'd probably count Larvitar, too. Haunter's on the Serebii list as having been owned by him, so it looks like that's good, too! I wouldn't count all of the Pokemon that he met on his journey and spent significant time with, but I'd say anyone he battled with or held in a Pokeball is good to go!

Years
Hi there.
I know I haven't posted for a long time, but I've been doing some hunting. On Black 2, I've been MMing Caterpie. I thought it would be easy because of its fast hatch rate, but I was very wrong. I intend to finish the Pokedex after finding it, so I can RE with some hope. I have also been SRing Rayquaza on SoulSilver, which in my opinion is the coolest shiny ever (don't tell Giratina).
Neither one of my hunts have been successful. Do you guys know any tricks to hunt faster? You seem to get a few hundred SRs in one day.

I would jump of joy if I found a shiny.

Welcome back! It's good to see you again! I hope Caterpie appears soon^^

The May Monthly Quest!!

You can find a list of the Pokemon they've owned here: http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/

Good luck and have fun!

Definitely going to be attempting this one :3

As for me - I'm trying to get 1,000 starters (333 SRs on two systems) done per day. It's just the right amount. As of now I have 2682 (894) done.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Welcome back! It's good to see you again! I hope Caterpie appears soon^^

I quite like this quest, I'm already hunting the exact right number, as Ash owned both Caterpie and Bulbasaur.
Maybe my luck will improve if I post here more often?

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Oh gosh darnit! I thought this would attune to the quest. I thought it was May-n characters, not just companions. I'm just silly. But anyways, I come bearing a shiny!

I've been reeeeeally fickle as of late, hunting somewhere for at most a day, then moving to a new locale. This time, while watching cartoons last night, I was in Mistralton cave. I never really explored the BW2 version of that place, so I thought, "Hey, why not!" And while looking for a hidden item... I found a different treasure.

v2sjk8.jpg

A woobat! I've always like their green color. Always. But, for the people with more luck than myself, do you ever STOP staring at the shiny like a complete idiot for a minute or so? I swear you could HEAR the egg timer in my head going "tick-tick-tick-tick-CATCH IT YOU FOOL"

Sooooo I did.

Spoiler:

And then I named him Mint because he's a minty green I'd say... He's impish as well... I'm ok with it. And now I'm hunting Charmander. At least that pertains to the quest.

Charmander - 30 eggs

Back