• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen V Pixel gallery

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Hello everyone, welcome to the gallery. ; )

Intro? Hm..

I like to pixel. Been doing it for years.

I've recently been spriting for generation V games alot. Mainly for personal projects, perhaps small edits here and there, and to experiment. Alot of sprites have been coming out of this interesting venture, which means.. I'll quote myself from another forum:

Here's a few sprites I've been making for my own use and experiments. I figured there'd be no point in keeping them rotting in a folder, and such.

They could be given new life by being used by all. So happy holidays everyone, you all can have as much as you like.

Testing in-game is -especially- encouraged!

So yeah. Come in and partake. Use them all you want, however you wish. Give these sprites a reason to exist!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to start, here's a Dragonite. I did some re-designs here and there, while respecting the size of each piece. It was tricky at first, but it worked in the end.

Static:
f4hbub.jpg
2je3eyc.jpg

Animation:
368ol.jpg

1zby1l.jpg

Tested it just now on BW, love it.

More to come. Hint: Milotic

Last edited:
Years
So, am I right in thinking that the animation sheets are intended to replace the ones already in the BW rom? If so, excellent!

I'm a bit confused by his stomach area, though. Is the brown part to our left meant to be shading? It looks a bit strange, but the rest of it is really, really nice.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
So, am I right in thinking that the animation sheets are intended to replace the ones already in the BW rom? If so, excellent!

I'm a bit confused by his stomach area, though. Is the brown part to our left meant to be shading? It looks a bit strange, but the rest of it is really, really nice.

Yeap, they're on my team.

As long as you don't exceed the individual parts' area, you're good. I would've loved to make bigger majestic wings though.

Here's more:

2h6u06h.jpg
2ajuuk8.jpg

It's COOLTRAINER♀ from RBY (Replacement for the blue hair Ace trainer in BW)

When it comes to trainers in BW1, I can just forget limits and pixel away without following guides. They're just one static frame most of the time. Not like BW2 though.
I believe they're called scratch sprites in the pokemon community.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

343sppk.jpg
34i2rew.jpg

dbqnnl.jpg

2u4ra84.jpg

This one's a female. I also have one with the original pallete.. I went for a resemblance to this drawing of mine: http://thelxion.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5l7vqu

And then there's this last one. He's a wip:

2cgo57n.jpg

If I get enough pressure I'll make a usable sheet.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
And now a pokeball overworld item. (Gcn style)
11i1hm8.jpg

And a true hiker...

24fgv42.jpg

It was a small update.. :P So I'll throw in some old stuff for first generation lovers.

vr6f43.jpg

2dhzct0.jpg

34e53rr.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
god, so cool! you obviously know your way around pixels. I'm unfamiliar with Gen V hacks, so this is the first I've ever seen someone replace the Pokemon like that. You've got a great style and I can't wait to see more.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Well, i must admit that you are really good at pixel. Do you have Legendary Pokemon pixels? Keep up the good work!

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Thanks for the replies everyone

I brought more sprites!
I just recently finished making my character in BW. Here it is:

10yf82c.jpg

4j7ssn.jpg

(In case you're wondering, sprites in the bottom right is an experiment that actually worked.)

Everything you see here was tested by me and works flawlessly in game. ;) Feel free to use this as a base for your projects if you so desire.

My next goal is to try and replace the Xtransciever textures that look like this:
Spoiler:

It might not qualify as pixel art though, but if I manage to replace it, it will be one step closer to a complete trainer appearance switch. There's also the trainer graphic shown in the beginning of the game, but im not really bothered..

Years
I consider those Xtransciever texture more as resized artwork, as well as the backgrounds for the Xtransciever as well. You can still post them though. You clearly know your way around pixels, so it's fine with me. I'd love to see them too.

I'm not the big fan of the brown from her hair used on her shirt used for anti-aliasing(?) But I can see where you're going with it and using less colours. :D

Last edited:
Years
Goodness you are so incredibly talented. I love the depth and detail in your sprites, especially that amazing Victreebel and your trainer character (most notably the way you did her hair). Your overworld sprites are just as good; you manage to capture all those details so well, even with such a tiny canvas to work with. Please keep updating!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Absolutely perfect! Divine work! This is a great work that you are doing here. I actually need some help for an RMXP project. Are you available?

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
The style is so... wow!! The sprites are very awesome, and the minis, too. I love that Milotic and that Victreebell.

Blaid

Have you seen any rupee?
Years
Wow... You're an amazing pixel artist... You could do better things than pokemonfangames... Your pixel art is epic. Everything you touch you do it incredible. Why you are so awesome? Also I have a question: If in galleries people comment people's sprite's fails and you don't have fails at your sprites, what do we have to comment here? xD. I think I have said my opinion about you and your pixel works. Epic gallery. Hope to see more of those awesome sprites, greetings!

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Your sprites are eyecandy.
Your BW character looks really good too. Awesomesauce :D
So much details.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Thread revival post, as im getting in the mood for this again.

I made this today, in the lovely Final Fantasy Tactics (Ps1) style.

2jg5hrb.jpg

I'll have more B/W sprites coming soon.

Back