• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Classic artists/bands you dislike

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I can't stand The Beatles, myself. I do just have a bent against popular things that seems inherent to my personality, but in this case I think they are genuinely bad and how they should have gained any popularity beyond their local pub has always mystified me.

So, yourself?

Years
I don't know if she counts as "classic" or not (I'm sure there are plenty who would jump to say she is), but I've never liked Madonna. I feel she's only mediocre as an artist and just got famous and popular for her novelty and flashiness. I mean, she has some okay songs, but I just don't understand the devotion when I feel most of her music is forgettable.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I always hated Elton John's stuff honestly.

"Smokes a cigar while awaiting for someone to shoot me for saying I hated Elton John."

Leonknight

Merc Leader
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Let's see here, I am going to have to say the Beatles as well. I have tried numerous times to listen to their stuff, and all I ever hear is nails on a blackboard. There music is just bad, and I don't get how anyone can even like that. Of course this is all my opinion, but thank the god they are no longer releasing their so called "music"

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I disagree so badly with you guys, but opinions opinions...anyway, classic, huh? That means, like, real music? And old? Hmmm...never was a big fan of some of U2's songs, they all sounded the same to me. If this were about anyone, my list would grow twentyfold.
My question is, why do you guys say what the Beatles made wasn't music (if you were talking about modern junk, I'd understand completely :))? Just curious.

Sir Codin

My problem with the Beatles isn't so much their music, it's their fans. Yes, the Beatles did revolutionize music in a way, but people seriously need to stop acting like they invented it.

Also, The Rolling Stones are boring, AC/DC are repetitive as s***, so are Kiss, and I'm so sick of people praising Guns N' Roses. I also never understood what was so special about U2 or Aerosmith either; I mean, have you even looked at Steven Tyler? How that guy ever scored chicks is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I never liked most of the songs The Beatles released, plus they were like swooped by fans everywhere they went. Also, another one I'd say would be U2 cos most of their stuff is overplayed and is sooooooo boring.

I disagree on AC/DC though, mainly cos I'm an Aussie and I love their music.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Gonna hop on the dislike train for The Beatles. I have much respect for their contribution to the art of music. As said before, though, their fans (especially the younger ones) feel so preachy. In 8th grade I remember a girl discovered them and acted like she was the spirit of music itself because she enjoyed an older band that was popular. That mindset is so annoying.

Aside from that...to be honest, I don't like a lot of older music but I don't really have anything against the bands or artists. Bob Marley's another example. Nothing against the man himself, but I don't like his music or his fans.

Years
It's really odd, I used to really dislike The Beatles, but recently I've grown to enjoy their stuff, although I still don't hold them on a Pedestal like so many others do. Vice-Versa, I used to really enjoy The Rolling Stones, but now I'm finding them harder to enjoy then I used to. I still <3 a few of their songs (Paint it Black, mainly) but some of the rest of their stuff is just starting to grind at me a bit.

As for bands I dislike: I've always disliked Poison. I don't like Motley Crue. I find them both really boring bands, and since their paticular genre is flooded with bands very simuliar to them, I just find other bands I'd rather listen to. "Every Rose has it's Thorn" might be just one of those songs that's been played 1 to many times on the radio. I think Elvis is a bit overrated. I can't say I like Lynard Skynard to much either. "Sweet Home Alabama" is ok once in a while, but otherwise it's annoying. I have a love/hate relationship with "Free Bird" (In the same way I don't really like "Stairway to Heaven"). The songs themselves arn't bad, but they're far to overrated in this day and age, and get radio/party play far to much for my liking. Those songs/bands have just lost their spark to me I guess.

(I can't really say I hate The Eagles though...)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can't say I like Lynard Skynard to much either. "Sweet Home Alabama" is ok once in a while, but otherwise it's annoying.

Until you actually live in the state of Alabama and have to hear the song at every sporting event, church event, charity event, birth of a child, wedding reception, divorce hearing, funeral, etc, you don't have the right to even say it's annoying. lmao You don't even KNOW.

Anyway, I disagree with everyone on The Beatles about their music, but I can agree with the fans holding them up on a pedestal too much. Say one bad thing about them to a fan and they'll rip your ****. I do agree with other bands like AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, etc. It's all just generic rock if anything, imo. I don't see anything special about it and I find it to be really bland. I don't care for Madonna either, but I also live with Madonna's biggest fan so I constantly have to hear it and listen to her being praised like the Lord above, so that might have something to do with it. Might.

I think most people covered classic artists I dislike. I can't really think of anyone else, but I'll come back if I do.

I disagree on AC/DC though, mainly cos I'm an Aussie and I love their music.

Eh, don't feel obligated to like an artist just cause they're of your origin. I hate plenty of American artists...lol

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
The Beatles is one good choice. But I have to say ABBA is the one I hate most. This results from a slightly hilarious case of 11h singstar ABBA marathon and slight alcohol intoxication. Although I have never liked their music so... :D

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
U GUYZ NEAD LIVZ CUZ U NO LIEK BEATLES!
I'm joking. Honestly, the fans did go crazy...understatement, but whatever.
They were talented and did write good songs in my opinion and I really don't think people should use their fans as a reason to not like them.
I agree AC DC is repetitive, but I still like them.
I've heard a little bit of green day, and I'm sorry, I don't like it.
Rolling Stones have their good songs, but I don't like many of them.
That's my nickel (misplaced my two cents).

Years
I think some of the Beatles' songs are ok, but I'm not a fan of most of their other stuff.

Also, Pink Floyd is way too progressive for me. I don't have the patience to listen to their stuff.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My dad's a big Beatles fan so I grew up with them, so in turn I've become a fan of their music so I disagree with everyone who says they don't like The Beatles. Though I'm not gonna attack anyone who does like them, because that's just your opinion. They're not my favorite band ever, but I do like alot of their music.

I personally don't like ABBA much. Their music isn't really of my style, though some of their songs are pretty catchy. Like some people here I also don't like Rolling Stone's music cause I don't really know alot of their songs neither do I really bothered listening to them.
May or may not get hate for this, but I really don't find RUSH interesting. They're just too progressive and long for me and I never found lot of progressive rock interesting really. "Run To The Hills" and "Tom Sawyer" are pretty good songs though. I might just have to give them more of a chance. IDK.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Nobody is allowed to say Green Day
Green Day. Their music is so bad and they hate their own country.

I rather hate Muse par a few songs due to the fact that they sound like radiohead too much. If I ever needed to say a favorite album I would probity say TR/The 2nd Law which are their most hated albums.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Mariah Carey
Celine Dion
Aerosmith
Elvis Presley
Madonna
ABBA
U2
Bruce Springsteen
Bon Jovi

Although there is the odd song I like.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I was struggling to think of a good answer for this thread, but then I read -Lapras-'s post and OHMYGODSHUTUPU2! I can count the number of U2 songs I like on two fingers... because there are two songs: "With or Without You" and "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of". They're good songs. It's just a shame that they're surrounded by such blandness and drivel and have become swallowed up in their own sense of self-importance. How they manage to be the biggest-selling concert act on a regular basis astounds me.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Green Day. Their music is so bad and they hate their own country.

I rather hate Muse par a few songs due to the fact that they sound like radiohead too much. If I ever needed to say a favorite album I would probity say TR/The 2nd Law which are their most hated albums.

I really wouldn't call Muse a classic band yet. While they've been around since the mid 90s, their debut album is only 13 years old and they've only been really big since like 2006 ? "Super Massive Black Hole" was their first charting single and their biggest hit is gotta be "Uprising".

To add to my list, I never really like The Who that much. The main reason is probably because I only know a few of their songs and I never really sat down to listen to anything else but their really popular ones, namely "Pinball Wizard". Another that now comes to mind is Bon Jovi. The only song of theirs I really like is "Livin' On A Prayer".

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
ACDC is so dead for me, I can't stand listening to a whole song anymore.
Metallica is repetitive, only can stand a few underplayed songs now.
And U2 sucks, that's a given.

Back