• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Mitchman

Banned
Years
So wait there is a possibilty to travel to hoenn or is the cave of origin a mass cave system underground all over the world and goes to other regions? And i meant this current beta, beta 3, how many badges does it have.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
So wait there is a possibilty to travel to hoenn or is the cave of origin a mass cave system underground all over the world and goes to other regions? And i meant this current beta, beta 3, how many badges does it have.
Yeah, you get to go to a couple of the cities in Hoenn.

The Cave of Origin is similar to that huge cave in Sinnoh. It pretty much covers all of Serao.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2009
wait, how do i get into the cave after latim city? Im using a mac so codes dont work.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
wait, how do i get into the cave after latim city? Im using a mac so codes dont work.
Just wait for the next release. It'll be out as soon as I get OW sprites for the hero/heroine.

I've been working on a new design for Latim City but I got sidetracked by Frostpen City. Its a pretty old map and its quite sub-par compared to my maps now so I decided to remap it.
Its a lot more mountainous, its pretty hard to tell by just the screenshots, I might put up a mapshot later.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2020
Hey, my first post :)

Downloaded and applied; I am playing with Trapinch :)

I noticed a few small cosmetic errors, not necessarily bugs, but they annoy me >.<

1) In the first gym the first member says "your" instead of "you're" xD. Sorry, it just bugs me sooo much.
2) After Ivy is beaten, it says that you are receiving TM19, but then it goes on to say "TM17 contains Magical Leaf!"
3) After it explains the TM17(19?) there is a ridiculous run-on sentence lol.
4) The description for TM19 in the TM case says: "A harsh attack that absorbs half the damage it inflicted to restore HP." That's not what it does, is it? I thought it was an attack that wasn't affected by Accuracy or Evasion.

Ok, that's it :) I just beat Ivy and left Felridge. So far so good!

EDIT: Just realized it.. but is there a reason that the pokemon center sign has crazy lettering? lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2020
Another side note:

Everything is way too easy! The gym leader's best guy is a level 9, and in Mt. Berous, most of the trainer's pokemon are level 4s!

Up the difficulty a lil :)

YeahImCool

Rom Hack Junkie
Years
Truly a hack worth registering for ^_^. Thanks for taking a little more time in the naming of it than closing your eyes and chosing a crayon ^_^. The plot and the scripting of this game was very well thought out and not painfully melodramatic. Thanks ;).

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Okay something wierd happened?
I don't know if I skipped something but when I got to Latim city, After those three guys entered the building, this lady came and told me I met her in Feldridge. The thing is, I never met her in Feldrigde though.
I feel like I skipped something?

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
Okay something wierd happened?
I don't know if I skipped something but when I got to Latim city, After those three guys entered the building, this lady came and told me I met her in Feldridge. The thing is, I never met her in Feldrigde though.
I feel like I skipped something?

she cut the tree for you so you can get into the research lab for your dad(you get a pokedex there)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey, my first post :)

Downloaded and applied; I am playing with Trapinch :)

I noticed a few small cosmetic errors, not necessarily bugs, but they annoy me >.<

1) In the first gym the first member says "your" instead of "you're" xD. Sorry, it just bugs me sooo much.
2) After Ivy is beaten, it says that you are receiving TM19, but then it goes on to say "TM17 contains Magical Leaf!"
3) After it explains the TM17(19?) there is a ridiculous run-on sentence lol.
4) The description for TM19 in the TM case says: "A harsh attack that absorbs half the damage it inflicted to restore HP." That's not what it does, is it? I thought it was an attack that wasn't affected by Accuracy or Evasion.

Ok, that's it :) I just beat Ivy and left Felridge. So far so good!

EDIT: Just realized it.. but is there a reason that the pokemon center sign has crazy lettering? lol
Thanks, those bugs have been fixed now.

U going to release a fix for beta 3?
Yes

I've been working on some new palettes today and I sort of like the outcome. I also remapped Temshore City a while back so I'll show that too.
11jucub.png
vopgsg.png
2ywaf6e.png
ipze4j.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2009
hey, it's a great hack but it freezes all the time. I already have my second badge and the game has freezed at least 3 times:
-when i talk to the girl in the catacumbs
-when i talk to a man in a house in latim city
-and when i try to enter mt perin.
The first two are not a big problem but the third doesn't let go on with the game.
If this have a solution i really want to know it. I use a clean rom.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
WTH! I went on the last right-bottom house on the big city ( early game ) and when I talked to one of the girls there my game froze, and I handt saved anywhere near there before! Cant it be helped ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, there are two possibilities:

1. Bad patching?
2. In-game bug/glitch.​

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I've added the fixed beta to the first post. Download it if you want. Its got the new palettes but it doesn't have the new OWs.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
cool. I'll try it out soon after I get back home, Thrace. :D

oh, and I wanna ask something...

picture.php

what's with this? :P

Back