• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Correct me if the title of the movie is wrong =P

Anyways, there's a movie about Jesus Christ produced by Mel Gibson.

Gibson hopes that this movie will make people see about Jesus's sacrifice to pay for all of our sins. (Which I think is very nice of him to do so, knowing that this darned earth there are so many buttholes roaming around)

But some people think the movie is saying the message that Jews are "Christ-Killers". I think people who think this are taking things TOO darn seriously.

I believe Jesus didn't die because of the Jews. He died because of all of us. He wanted to give us a second chance, and he did. That's my opinion O_o; Yours?

Oh, and I'm gonna see it on Saturday, it comes out at February 25. Can't wait to see it, people say its REALLY good ^_^

*won't die*

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Jesus died for God to forgive everyone's sins

I will see this movie, it looks so awesome!

Maryland

Loves Lance. Squee
Years
What DragonTrainer said...XD

I would really like to see it alot. I've been hearing a lot about it on the radio, and everyone says it's pretty good. Ive heard it's pretty graphic is VERY real, though.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
It looks really cool ^_^ Ima use my allowance to see it.

Its Rated-R though o_o; I heard cus it is a bit tad too strong or sumthing *shrugs*

I'm searching for more information about it on Yahoo!
Oh! I found some info..

the_passion_of_the

2 hrs. 15 min. This film tells the story of the last 12 hours in the life of Jesus (Caviezel), on the day of his crucifixion in Jerusalem. This film's script is based upon several sources, including the diaries of St. Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824) as collected in the book, "The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ", "The Mystical City of God" by St. Mary of Agreda, and the New Testament books of John, Luke, Mark and Matthew.
Release Date: February 25th, 2004 .
MPAA Rating: R for sequences of graphic violence.
Distributor: Newmarket Film Group

Chicago Sun-Times, Roger Ebert
"I was moved by the depth of feeling, by the skill of the actors and technicians, by their desire to see this project through no matter what."

Chicago Tribune, Michael Wilmington
"...a passionate but gruesomely physical picture."

filmcritic.com, Sean O'Connell
"...an exquisite spiritual masterpiece..."

The ratings are good so far! I can't wait ^_^

Maryland

Loves Lance. Squee
Years
my mom says I should see it WITH her. Heh. She really wants to see it though. It looks pretty good for a grusome(sp?) movie. Heck, it may make more gross than Titanic did. IMO atleast...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
It?s really, really, really gory DT, I hope you can handle it. =\ It?s ?The Passion of The Christ? BTW. ^_^;

RoxasOld

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2006
My mum's rather interested in seeing it. I just think it's going to be rather controversial... Heh, I overused 'rather.' But I thought the name of the movie was The Passions of the Christ, with an 's' rather than a singular name.

There'll be nudity most likely, sexual insinuations, cursing, and blood... Lots of blood. I don't plan to see it.

Blaine

Mon chere...
Years
hm...i might see it. sound very interesting. but what i dont like, is that mel gibson's father is saying alot of stuff that has nothing to do with Mel and the movie, but people are putting him in this all of a sudden. i heared this stuff on the news.....

anyways, it sound like it's good. especially since it must have lots of blood. :laugh: but, seriousely, it sounds like a deep movie.

BTW, Oro?

RoxasOld

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2006
Blood isn't so appealing to me... Yuck... But what do ya'll think of the religionism that's obviously in the movie?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
My Whole Family ( and I'm talkin not just my mom but everyone and thats like..3 543759874594375 people) wants to see this movie lol... I wanna see it :)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I want to see it (theater or DVD). Around here churches is renting out the whole theater so the church members can all go see it. They say the pre-sells to this movie is only second to Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
One of my friend's goes to a church that's showing it soon. I think I'll probably go see it there. I have no problem with blood...in movies anyways-___-

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
CaRtoon, please reduce your signature size, it takes up to much of my screen vertically.

Anyway, it is what happened. If people have a problem with that, then they can blame the snake (one guess who he was... btw, don't answer that) who talked Eve into eating the Apple from the Tree of Knowledge and unite with God against him (do not sin for the rest of your existance, that includes after death).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
._. We can sin after death? *shrugs as she didn't understand the above post*

I'll almost indefinitely go see this. o.o; In fact, my school is trying to see if the people who are taking Religion this semester can go see it as an excursion. Sadly, I took Religion last semester, but I'd still like to see it. Even if I don't really believe in it, I think it'll be a good movie to have seen anyway.

@_@ I bet my mom'll be too lazy to take me, though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I saw The Passion about four hours ago, and it still has quite a hold on me. If you want to get underneath it all, you can judge the filming, the script, the acting, etc. But this is one film I don't think I'll ever do it with. If you're a film major or the like, I could understand taking this film apart and looking at it from different angles. But this movie was produced for an emotional response, not a technical one.
When the movie ended, everyone was quiet, and no one left the theater until the end of the credits. Everyone was quiet as they left the theater too, until they got to the Lobby wherein they begin to discuss it among friends and family.
It is really that sort of movie. You do not clap for this movie, but you may very well pray and/or cry at its end.
This is probably the most emotional, heart-wrenching, and horrifying film I have yet to see. It is quite graphic, very brutal in fact in some areas, from when Jesus is being whipped to when he is being nailed on the cross. I could hear people crying or making sounds of anguish around me. I cried myself and had to close my eyes from time to time when the graphic nature of the film became a bit too hard, a bit too real, to take. It is truly a hard thing to sit through comfortably.
The Passion is the sort of film that may shake your religion foundations roughly, depending on your own personal experiences and relationship with God and Jesus. I know it touched everyone in that theater in a uniquely different way.
For a Rated R movie I, along with those accompanying me, were shocked that some families had brought young children with them. For some people, they feel this is something everyone should experience, no matter the age. But from a general standpoint, most people couldn't believe anyone under 16 saw this film....they just could understand how anyone younger than that could possibly deal with this film's content. Heck, I knew some 23 year olds who had a hard time with the film and they were shocked that someone as young as 9 had seen the same movie.
I was really touched with seeing The Passion, and I can imagine that a lot of people are grateful for Mel Gibson having this put onto the big screen. It's the sort of film that will make money (all the theaters in our area are already sold out to Saturday), but it was definitely not made for that singular purpose - which may make it that more meaningful. It was done for the people, for all believers in Christ, and it was great to see groups of friends and family's going in to see it together.

I'm 16 and i still cant belive i saw it twice.

Years
the people across the street from me... they own a church and the rented the whole theater and im goin to see it in like... an hour...
~BOO YA! XD

Years
I just got back... i am sooooo disturbed at the brutality... i never thought anyone could be sooo mean! that movie was ... please noone go see this... it is soo disturbing! i know it really happened but i was soo sad after it happened... sorry for the dp... nm

Last edited:

John Denver

Banned
Years
no need to double post Imaku-

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?!?!?

(breathe)

Well anywho, on the movie, I heard that a a lot of jewish people gathered around and said that the movie portrayed jewish people as a bad....uh duuuurrr! That's what actually happened, durr!

foolish little guys

BOO ya! and a HA!

Years
I KNOW THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED! There was nothing wrong with that movie... It was a true story i just dont like extreme violence. it was the saddest movie i have seen... people never take small children to this movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back