• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Some Help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
My Excadrill is a powerful pokemon, who i use... mostly for enemy research, to get ahold of his tactics and combos, with a Substitue combo, sometimes using Earthquake with his High Attack EV's

But i am thinking of making an Offensive one, and i have NO idea what moves to use. Earthquake? Stealth Rock? I have nooo clue

AND one more thing

I really like lvl 5 battles, and i tend to be good at them, but once, i used a snivy in my battle, and the other guy used Water gun, and it 1hKO'd at max Health. He said it was thanks to Max SA EV's. But he survived my (it was a mudkip) Thunderbolt, taking like 1/2 damage.

TELL ME HE"S HACKING

Seriously, thats impossible.
What do you think?

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
I can answer the second question here.
About surviving thunderbolt, it is pretty possible.
For starters, my pokemon once used thunder on a Gyarados (Quadruple damage) and took out about 3/4 of its health.
He probably wasn't hacking :P..

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
My Excadrill is a powerful pokemon, who i use... mostly for enemy research, to get ahold of his tactics and combos, with a Substitue combo, sometimes using Earthquake with his High Attack EV's

But i am thinking of making an Offensive one, and i have NO idea what moves to use. Earthquake? Stealth Rock? I have nooo clue

AND one more thing

I really like lvl 5 battles, and i tend to be good at them, but once, i used a snivy in my battle, and the other guy used Water gun, and it 1hKO'd at max Health. He said it was thanks to Max SA EV's. But he survived my (it was a mudkip) Thunderbolt, taking like 1/2 damage.

TELL ME HE"S HACKING

What do you think?

Well firstly an Offensive Excadrill should look something like this;

Excadrill @Air Balloon.
Jolly
Sand Rush (The speed one)
Ev's; 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp.
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin/X-Scissor/Shadow Claw

Air Balloon is for avoiding Ground moves, which would destroy you. In a Sandstorm Excadrill reaches to 604 Speed, if Jolly and Max Speed Ev's are used, meaning after one Swords dance, you can pretty much sweep away.

The last option is a toss up, Rapid Spin if you wanna get rid of entry hazards (Such as Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Leech seed etc.)

Secondly, his Mudkip probably had a Special attack beneficial nature; Quiet, Modest, Rash, Mild, they all raise Special attack, Water Gun being a STAB move, meaning it gained 1.5x the damage, it probably would of OHKO'd Snivy.

Secondly, was the Thunderbolt STAB'd? (STAB = Same type attack bonus) meaning if an Electric type used it, it would gain the 1.5 boost. Did it have a bad nature that lowers Special attack? Adamant, Jolly, Impish, Careful they all lower Special attack?
If so, it wouldn't of OHKO'd (OHKO = One hit KO.)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

AND one more thing

TELL ME HE"S HACKING

What do you think?

Dragonomega mostly answered your offensive Excadrill question, though I would like to point out that the only reason you should run Air Balloon is to check other Excadrill because Excadrill is so fast in sand that most other Pokemon get OHKOd before they have a chance to smack it with an Earthquake - and if they don't die to EQ, then they probably check Excadrill.

It's certainly possible, either way. Were you playing on a cartridge game? You might have had a -Special Defense nature so you could have been taking more damage, lower SpD IVs, he could have been absolutely maxed - heck, it could have just been a critical hit (you didn't mention anything about it so I guess its a possibility still). And yes, I've had Gyarados that have survived non-STABbed (meaning, they weren't Electric-type) Thunderbolts. It's possible without him hacking, especially if we don't know all the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back