• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DarkBreloom

Wesker Hater
Years
hey guys i finnaly did it shiny voltorb is mine but now its a lvl 100 electrode guess the elite four can be something other than annoying

next is the shinyy shinx, and starly .oh does snover count for the december quest

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
5000 Icefall Cave Encounters. Hopefully I'm more than halfway there!

For all you Masuda hatchers out there, someone on another site posted something you might find pretty useful. Put a Volcarona at the front of your party as the Pokemon you have with you while you hatch eggs. Not only does it have Flame Body to half the number of steps it takes to hatch, but it can also learn Fly, so you can go to a place like Skyarrow Bridge to hatch faster! It sounded like a pretty good idea to me.

all I ecounter in DS Tower floor 2 is Golett, will they chain?

Chaining is a little different: it's when you use the Pokeradar in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to have certain grass tiles shake. If you do it correctly (which is very difficult, but you can learn it over time), you'll keep seeing the same Pokemon over and over again. With each Pokemon, the chances of a shiny gets better and better - it starts off at 1/8192, then goes to 1/7992, then 1/7792, etc., until the chances are about 1/200.

In Black and White, there is no Pokeradar, so the probability won't change even if you encounter multiple Golurk in a row. Still, keep going for them! Don't giv-

Going to get a shiny Pacharisu via Masuda Method. Wish me good luck!

Oh, never mind. "lol" alright, good luck with the Pachirisu!

hey guys i finnaly did it shiny voltorb is mine but now its a lvl 100 electrode guess the elite four can be something other than annoying

Congrats! Next time, try raising your shinies to level 100 in the wild instead of against the Elite Four; you'll be able to shiny hunt and raise it at the same time! :cer_wink:

next is the shinyy shinx, and starly .oh does snover count for the december quest

Yes! Snover could count either for one of the Ice-types or for the Holiday one; he looks like a Christmas tree!

Also, if you were the one who made the last post in the thread and no one else has posted since your last one, could you please edit your first one instead of making a new one?

Oh, and Latios Master, if you wanted to continue your Litwick hunt, he'd count for December Quest as well. Menorah Litwick FTW!

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Zangoose, abhi123!

Congrats on the shiny Voltorb/Electrode, DarkBreloom!

Welcome to the club, ShinySearcher01 and MrKyurem!

This week's random hunt is... Ralts!

Good luck on all the hunts!

Yes, Snover counts.

Oh, and Latios Master, if you wanted to continue your Litwick hunt, he'd count for December Quest as well. Menorah Litwick FTW!

Yeah, I thought he would count.

Last edited:

andrei0310

Water-type Trainer/Collector
Years
i wish to join

i wanted to join the Shiny Hunters Club and well i love shiny's cuz well.. theyre shiny and theyre very rare and i dream on cathing every single Kanto pokemon shiny Im up to Spearow up to over 200 eggs but no luck still i will not give up!! wish me luck

yours,
andrei0310

Years
Hey all!

I was in this Club this year around July-August and then went inactive until now, I had been busy with school and exams but they're all now over!

I hope some of you can remember me. (Latios, G-Money, and is Metal Mario still around? And some others that I became friends with.)

So, I'm just about to start hunting for a Ponyta in my Leaf Green, and I wont stop until I get it.

It's great to see all of the shinies that this club has gained since I've been gone, and I wish you all luck for the future. But for me, count me back in!

- Retro, <3

For all you Masuda hatchers out there, someone on another site posted something you might find pretty useful. Put a Volcarona at the front of your party as the Pokemon you have with you while you hatch eggs. Not only does it have Flame Body to half the number of steps it takes to hatch, but it can also learn Fly, so you can go to a place like Skyarrow Bridge to hatch faster! It sounded like a pretty good idea to me.

Slowpoke%20template.jpg

Hahaha. ;)

By the way, can someone tell me what the Pokemon are for the December challenge? Cheers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
Hi all,

I would like to join the shiny hunters club as I am an avid shiny hunter however do not have much luck... :(

Currently Hunting: Snivy (150sr's) thinking about giving this one up...

I currently do not own any shinies as I have started lots of new files however I have owned:...

Chandelure (RE on White)
Kricketune (RE on Platinum)
Liepard (RE on White)

and a shiny Gible once killed me... :(

Thanks ;-D

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Im still around, though my hunting has waned a bit....

actually, it seems as though i lost my mojo for hunting. i havent picked up my Gameboy at all with Emerald in it leaving my Smeargle hunt in the 2000 range. i havent really hunted since the middle of November..................... maybe if i find a random shiny, my mojo might come back. actually, i think it's because of when the Forum-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named decided to .......remove me for reasons of their own sometime in September (or August.....dont remember)

G-Money

Years
5100 Icefall Cave encounters. My goal was going to be 24,576 encounters for the month, but it looks like I won't come anywhere close to that. :/

i wanted to join the Shiny Hunters Club and well i love shiny's cuz well.. theyre shiny and theyre very rare and i dream on cathing every single Kanto pokemon shiny Im up to Spearow up to over 200 eggs but no luck still i will not give up!! wish me luck

yours,
andrei0310

No. I refuse to accept you into the club. Good luck on your Kanto Quest, though.

Spoiler:

Hey all!

I was in this Club this year around July-August and then went inactive until now, I had been busy with school and exams but they're all now over!

By the way, can someone tell me what the Pokemon are for the December challenge? Cheers.

Welcome back, Lake of Retro!! Glad your schoolwork is out of the way. :) Good luck on Ponyta!

MetalMario's still around, although he hasn't posted in a couple of weeks.

For the December Challenge, you need to catch 2 Ice-type shinies and any other shiny of your choice that relates to a Winter Holiday! You can do them in any order and you have until 11:59 PM on December 31st. No one has gotten a shiny for the contest yet, so feel free to join! You have as good a shot to win as anybody. :)

Hi all,

I would like to join the shiny hunters club as I am an avid shiny hunter

Welcome to the club! Don't give up on Snivy - keep going! You'll get it!

Im still around, though my hunting has waned a bit....
... actually, i think it's because of when the Forum-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named decided to .......remove me for reasons of their own sometime in September (or August.....dont remember)

Let's reverse that effect then, eh? There's actually a new website that just started that specializes in shiny competitions and races. PM me if you want the link, and hopefully it will give you more motivation to hunt. :)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Wow haven't been here in ages. Had no time to play any games right now. Lifes way to busy with Christmas, friends family work and so on. Hate neve getting time and any time I do get is spent completing other games on my ever expanding list.

G-Money

Years
SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been pretty excited to do the December Challenge, and with three shinies, I figured I'd try to get a shiny roughly every 10 days. Since it's already December 13th, I decided to start on my second target and dual hunt it along with my Icefall Cave hunt. I love both Snorunt and Spheal, so I headed to Shoal Cave in Ruby, but it was high tide and my internal battery is dry, so I couldn't get to the inner chamber that had Snorunt as well as Spheal. I brushed the dust off of Emerald and decided to hunt there, as I had gotten two RE shinies on it before and could always leave it plugged in so as not to reset the RNG.

On exactly encounter number 1000, SHINY SPHEAL!!!!!! :cer_boogie:

Spoiler:

I wasn't expecting to finish my second hunt before my first, "lol." I was more than 5 hours into Emerald, probably around 8 or 9. I caught him on my first Ultraball throw.

It's also my first late night (technically early morning) shiny: I caught him at 4:12 AM! :cer_laugh: Also, I was pretty lucky that he wasn't a Zubat or Golbat, or else he wouldn't count for the contest!

For my Winter Holiday shiny, I'm going to go for Snover on Route 216. It also has a 25% chance of Sneasel, which would be pretty cool too (no pun intended!).

6250 Icefall Cave encounters.

Wow haven't been here in ages. Had no time to play any games right now. Lifes way to busy with Christmas, friends family work and so on. Hate neve getting time and any time I do get is spent completing other games on my ever expanding list.

Hope things clear up for you so you can have some more free time! Enjoy your Christmas and I hope everything goes well for you. :)

Years
SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense but was that photo taken with a toaster?

I kid I kid! Grats man, getting it on the 1000th encounter!? Maybe that's good luck from here on! Let me cut in front of the line though. ;)

Playing through Leaf Green until I get to Kindle Road/Mt. Ember so I can start encountering for Ponyta.

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
i wish to join plz

hello i wish to join the club plz

i love shinies so much, yet my luck dimishes when i actually try to catch one T_T

so far i have 2 shinies i caught

the first a shiny lv22 venonat catch on leaf green in the safari zone in 2008 now a shiny venomoth =)

and my other one... well i have reason to brag SHINY JOLTIC! caught on 6th march 2011 in chargestone cave lv 24 =D now a lv 100 Galvantula

currently MM'ing for a charmander =) plz wish me luck
hope to shine soon,
DACALSTA

andrei0310

Water-type Trainer/Collector
Years
5100 Icefall Cave encounters. My goal was going to be 24,576 encounters for the month, but it looks like I won't come anywhere close to that. :/

No. I refuse to accept you into the club. Good luck on your Kanto Quest, though.

Spoiler:

yes i do and still no luck with spearow/fearow

Years
SHINY!

I had put my Ponyta hunt on hold at 500 encounters and decided to do the corner store Abra, 2 days of hunting, 95 soft resets and 3515 Abra's. It was going to be my last set for the night as well!

img0398l.jpg

And the set. :D
img0397g.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Club ownership has been transferred to G-Money due to the previous owner's inactivity; please feel free to message me any questions regarding this and enjoy the new ownership!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Happy to see ownership change. Hopefully can get all the events and things added onto the front page so I can complete in them again.

Finally got some hunting in on my new copy of white. Going for the shiny trio. Really want shiny Virizion tho. Love its Pinkness haha

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Just a quick update, 50-70 eggs no shiny,
but i haven't had much time.
Other than that, well, RNG Reporter kept
crashing, so I gave up and decided to SR Ho-Oh.
I'm mainly playing Black (where i do my egg hunt) now though.

Back