• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
@Slenderman Lucky you! I totally forgot to SR when I encountered drifloon, I regret it now.

FINALLY got that shiny starter. I got up to around 10k resets when I stopped counting. But all in all I'm happy with it. I really dig how shiny Snivy looks, it's so nice and teal-y.

All things considered, four days is an incredibly fast time. I did pour 10-12 hours a day into it though, as I just quit my job and all my friends have suddenly decided to go to Italy.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I was watching TV earlier today while SRIng for a shiny Drifloon. I kept just glancing down, seeing it with the familiar purple and yellow coloration, and trying again.
Then I looked at the game system...and it wasn't purple. :'D

My jaw dropped and I very carefully threw a Quick Ball.
I then proceeded to save the game 6 times, just in case.

Spoiler:

This totally made my day. <3
Now to find a new target...

Congrats

@Slenderman Lucky you! I totally forgot to SR when I encountered drifloon, I regret it now.

FINALLY got that shiny starter. I got up to around 10k resets when I stopped counting. But all in all I'm happy with it. I really dig how shiny Snivy looks, it's so nice and teal-y.

All things considered, four days is an incredibly fast time. I did pour 10-12 hours a day into it though, as I just quit my job and all my friends have suddenly decided to go to Italy.

congrats; if you still have any sinnoh based game, you can SR for driffloon every friday.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Eggies, eggies, eggies, eggies, MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!

I'm still at it, albeit at a slower pace than before - multitasking hatching with more than one or two things.

Congratulations on your Shinies, Slender, Razer and Bob! Also, good win from the raffles, Draco!

Good luck with your hunts, guys! I'll be lurking.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
it's been a while since ive been here, so welcome to all the new hunters and grats to all shinies since i last posted.

for those of you going for Drifloon, if you save next to him and keep turning the game on and off, it will still be there, no matter what day it is. just dont leave the area.

now, ive still been hunting, i just dont in here as much as i used to. i think the last thing i posted about was a shiny Hoothoot, so here goes:

as i said, ive been following Swarms on my games (SoulSilver, which currently has 505 hours PLAYED on it, Pearl, Platinum, and White)

so, ive been following swarms, as i said, but this guy wasnt in a swarm:

Spoiler:

a few days later, i get a Cubone swarm ( i dont remember when i got these, except for one), and, well:

Spoiler:

and then, later on a Ralts swarm:

Spoiler:

i know its male, but i'll have it as a Gardevoir anyway, but not use it til X/Y come out

and then, after a few days of not having great swarms, i brought back out my HeartGold game, to which i was doing a Shiny Eyecatch tour. In this game, i was resetting for Ho-oh, who after three days of resetting:

Spoiler:

as it turns out, i wasnt prepared for this fight, as i didnt have enough balls. but, after whittling it down to red health (just barely, cause it was a Crit hit) i caught it in my MasterBall. I got this guy this morning

now, as for my hunts:
Charmander, LeafGreen: MY GOD!!! THIS FREAKIN HUNT......... going on a year and a half to two years
HeartGold: Shiny Eyecatch Tour. next stop, Slowpoke Well for, well, a Slowpoke
Diamond: After finally beating the Elite 4 and Champ, i can now SR for everything i need (yes, that includes the roamers) and every other Double Encounter area
White 2: Oshawott. once i finish Black 2.............yeah right
White: MMing Magikarp at 95 eggs, but i havent gone back to that in a while.
Every other game i didnt include: Swarms

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
yes, i will achieve a shiny sylveon in X/Y, along with a shiny fennekin. The sylveon will be evolved from my soon to be real shiny eevee from pokemon white.

I better mention this, then: It's uncertain whether there will be forward compatibility to X/Y, with Pokémon transfers. They are having issues getting that to work, currently.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hopefully they will do something similar like the poketransfer, unless they start everything from scratch like in gen III and have to get most of the old pokemon in the global link and find some of them during normal gameplay and being some versión exclusives; of course we will have to wait until the game is finished or compatibilities are confirmed.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to all the new members and congrats on the new shinies!

I heard that DLC could be a possibility if they can't get transferring to work.

This week's random hunt is... Bidoof! (Not exciting, but easier than most.)

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I better mention this, then: It's uncertain whether there will be forward compatibility to X/Y, with Pokémon transfers. They are having issues getting that to work, currently.
They HAVE to make it work, otherwise I'll be unable to battle competitively for a long time. (I don't want to train 6 pokemon into level 100 in X/Y, as I already have plenty level 100's atm);-;

But I'll get over it when I see 3d SPARKLES!:P

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I'm back again! I've essentially hit the reset button on my shiny hunting and am only going to hunt for shinies in fourth gen since it seems to be the gen I have the most luck in, and I like seeing the shinies walk behind you in HG/SS. I reset my HeartGold so I can hunt for shiny starters, which I've been doing for a couple days now. I haven't been keeping track of my resets, but if I had to guess, I'd say I've done about 600-750 resets. (I did keep track for 200 resets before getting sick of keeping track)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
There are all the shiny pokemon I own and in the order I caught them.

1. Koffing (SS) ??:??
2. Ratatta (SS) 92:00
3. Poliwhirl (D) 163:00
4. Skarmory (D) 178:00
5. Slowpoke (SS) 162:00
6. Scyther (D) 245:01
7. Steelix (D) 309:42
8. Tentacruel (D) 311:34
9. Paras (HG) 64:58
10. Roselia (PLT) 81:14
11. Gloom (SS) 234:18
12. Psyduck (SS) 253:02

Currently, I am hunting on HG, SS, and Diamond. Phase 2 in Victory Cave for my Diamond version. My target or desired pokemon here is Medicham. It might be my favorite 3rd generation pokemon and I have been on several other routes hunting it with no success. On HG, my hunt consists of Sneasel, Donphan, or anything else outside of Mount Silver. Finally, on my SS, I am hunting anything that resides in the Rock Tunnel. Cubone would be preferred but Geodude, Machop, Machoke, and Zubat are all great possibilities.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Well my latest hunt just hit 16384, or twice the average :(

@Eastwood2112 nice list, scyther is one that I would love (mainly to evolve to scizor).

@PekoponTAS good luck!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Thanks! I might evolve it in the future. What are you hunting?

Some people prefer to leave their shinies as is. Not me though!

On my SoulSilver Shiny Hunters Challenge (link here:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301216) I am aiming for Mareep or Ekans on Route 32.

On HeartGold, am after a Nidoran (male or female, though sister has a shiny Nidoqueen and Nidoking is cooler anyway) or Growlithe on Route 36.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
@Paulthagerous
Cool challenge. Which shiny pokemon have you caught for the challenge so far? Mareep and Ekans are both ones I would be happy catching at some point. I prefer the male Nidoran too.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
@Paulthagerous
Cool challenge. Which shiny pokemon have you caught for the challenge so far? Mareep and Ekans are both ones I would be happy catching at some point. I prefer the male Nidoran too.

Yeah it is quite fun. Starter I got was Cyndaquil, wanted either him or Totodile so was happy with him.

Blasted through the first 3 gyms then spent AGES SRing for a shiny Dratini, and after almost 12k I found him! Both of them are fully evolved now.

The same day I got Dratini I blasted though and got the Red Gyarados. While he is a shiny, he doesn't count for the challenge and I am not using him.

It is still daunting, but a lot less so than a badgequest.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
MMing for Charmander....being rather slow, I keep getting distracted. I believe part of it is the big difference between Smeargle and Charmander hunts:
Smeargle: Oh man...i really wanted this shiny. I was willing to do whatever amount of work was needed.

Charmander: I'm only really doing this for the race....Shiny Charizard is amazing and all, but it's not a shiny I absolutely MUST have. It's more or less a bonus.

Also, an exciting update for future hunts:
I snagged an Italian Ditto off of the GTS Negotiations! So happy! I can now MM for anything, as long as I have one. After this Charizard, I'm thinking Spiritomb or Teddiursa. Possibly Lileep, but those are...near impossible to obtain.

Back